Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Buff For Sniper Rifles: Let Us Use Them With Archwing

Kruglov

So one of the problems with sniper rifles in Warframe is that for the most part most rooms and areas in Warframe are small.

This leads to the second problem which is that most fighting in Warframe is done at mid-close range usually with large squads of enemies.

It is very rare to need a sniper rifle to pick off a target at a long range, and the low fire rate on sniper rifles generally means they dont do well with crowds.

This is why you rarely see them outside of the occasional Nova who can turn any sniper rifle into a cluster bomb or on the occasional Vauban who can use bastille and a sniper rifle to turn the game into his own personal version of DUCK HUNT: TENNO SKOOM EDITION.

Archwing is a very different beast.

The levels are HUGE. Huge enough where not even Yo Mamma jokes can begin to scratch the surface of possible metaphors of just how big they are.

And because of this generally fighting in Archwing is very different.

You often find yourself fighting small groups of enemies at a very long distance, closing the distance on them as you fly.

So for the first time really, there is long range constant combat in Warframe.

And who benefits most from this sort of combat?

Sniper rifles.

Let sniper rifles (vectis, vulkar, snipetron, lanka, and maybe MAYBE even grinlok/latrons) be useable in outer space.

They have a very specific niche and the archwing levels have that niche all over the place.

Plus since these guns already do colossal amounts of damage on their own, they wont be completely outclassed by the fully modded ridonkulously powerful archwing weapons we already have and dont have yet.

I haven't done too much with Archwing yet, but I would think that if we were to have these sniper rifles, we would probably need to have a secondary weapon available for a different weapon role. Mainly because using a sniper in close-ish quarters is still a pain for most people; having a secondary would allow us to have a weapon usable in combat that is farther than melee-range but closer than a sniper-range.

When we do get into closer range, but farther than melee range, it might be a tad unwieldy to use something like the Lanka or Snipetron. But they would definitely be nice for those long-range engagements.

I suppose having the only one weapon would result in weighing the pros vs the cons, so depending on how the Archwing missions evolve we may end up with only one weapon that we have to decide would be a good idea to use or not.

Enemies outside of like 1km take 20% damage.

That's..... what?  The hek?  That doesn't make sense!  Projectiles shot in space are supposed to be able to go at a constant speed since there's no air resistance!  Sure, there's is some gravity from far off planets and stars that can affect the projectile (assuming that this is open space) however, it's not so much that it can cause a bullet to slow down about 1km from it's starting place.

This is... actually, a really good idea.

I've been saying for awhile that snipers will always be difficult to balance as long as Warframe remains a close-quarters game where most enemies are fodder. Long ranges and aimed shots are the reason to use snipers, and both are things that are mostly irrelevant in Warframe.

Archwing solves the range problem, and while aimed shots specifically aren't much more relevant, the larger maps mean precise firing still has a use (enemies are more spread out, so AoEs won't as easily obsolete snipers).

I'd even be daring enough to suggest that snipers and their mods as a whole simply get converted into Arch-Guns, but that'd probably be a hard sell. Regardless, some way of allowing them in Archwing is just begging to be done. Of course it would require some tweaks, Lanka couldn't have the travel time, but some of those things could probably do to be tweaked in the normal gameplay anyway.

Also, yo mamma so fat she makes Archwing missions look like Infested Defense.

friday-damn.gif

Especially considering that the Imperator has damage fall-off... in space >_>

Man, it wold totally make some kind of sense for a plasma weapon, but a ballistic weapon? What's slowing me down, neutrinos?

LMAO, i'm literally dying :'D

Let sniper rifles (vectis, vulkar, snipetron, lanka, and maybe MAYBE even grinlok/latrons) be useable in outer space.

They have a very specific niche and the archwing levels have that niche all over the place.

Opticor is a great option too.

Mainly because using a sniper in close-ish quarters is still a pain for most people; having a secondary would allow us to have a weapon usable in combat that is farther than melee-range but closer than a sniper-range.

A secondary gun would solve another problem: secondary mission asking for pistol kills (I already got Hacker mission too).

That's..... what?  The hek?  That doesn't make sense!  Projectiles shot in space are supposed to be able to go at a constant speed since there's no air resistance!  Sure, there's is some gravity from far off planets and stars that can affect the projectile (assuming that this is open space) however, it's not so much that it can cause a bullet to slow down about 1km from it's starting place.

well snipers could bypass that....aight?