Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Secretly Run By The Corrupt-A-Wish Foundation?

DivisionByZero

For those of you who haven't heard of the "Corrupt-A-Wish Foundation" reference:

"Corrupt-A-Wish" is a popular forum game where one post wishes for something. The next post grants the wish, with a serious drawback that ruins the wish, and then posts a wish for the next post to "corrupt".

Example:

Post #1: I wish for a supercharged computer with 8 heavy-duty CPUs, 32 GB RAM, 12 TB disk space, and 2 top-of-the line video cards.

Post #2: Wish granted, however it is made with defective parts and the entire thing burns out within a month.

I wish to be able to travel faster than light.

Post #3: Wish granted, however you end up arriving at your destination way before you left and no one recognizes you anymore.

... and so on.

----------------------

What does this have to do with Warframe? Almost, everything from the last 2 updates, and some longstanding issues.

Players: Wish for new, intuitive UI and player ships.

Result: Buggy, persistently broken interface that was inferior in every way to the pre-U14 update. All of the U15 improvements to the UI should have been there in the first place.

Players: Wish for pets

Result: You get Kubrows (aka the biggest platinum sink of its time). You only get 2 slots, and Kubrows are completely random. In the early days of U14 the only way to change a Kubrow's appearance was to "randomize" it for platinum, which often ended up in the same result because the RNG was rigged. Oh, and Kubrow eggs are incredible rare too.

Players: Wish for cumulative Interception and Defense mission rewards

Result: Granted, however you have to wait until round 4/wave 20 for a chance at a void key.

Players: Wish for Melee 2.0

Result: Granted, however some stances will be unreasonably rare and you have to farm for them.

Players: Wish for removal of ability cards from drop tables

Result: Granted, however when the Warframe polarities were being redone to remove the ability polarities, a lot of players have other polarities removed as well.

Players: Wish for Archwings

Result: Archwing release rushed and broken/buggy yet again. Archwing equipment upgrade drop tables are badly skewed which results in the same crap dropping 95% of the time. Another thing to farm for. Oh, and mew Archwing equipment requires grinding Interception mission reward RNG.

Players: Wish for endgame and more factions, unique rewards

Result: You get Syndicates, featuring even more grinding instead of a proper endgame. As an extra insult, higher ranks require you to pay premium resources such as Reactors/Catalysts.

Players: Wish for /unstuck command

Result: "Send in a support ticket". No /unstuck command implemented.

Players: Wish for an end to the constant freezing/crashing

Result: 6 patches that have yet to fix the issue. I already suggested limiting rendering time per-object - although I know that my suggestion, like 95% of suggestions that would actually fix the game, will be ignored.

Players: Wish for a new set of prime gear.

Result: New void equipment along with new void drop tables badly rigged against the player.

Players: Wish for more complex missions and quest chains.

Result: You get tactical alerts, and you can't bring any good gear into them.

Players: Wish for a balanced game.

Result: Damage 2.0: scaling enemy armor (the biggest balance-breaking mechanic) hasn't been removed, and Corrosive is the new Armor Piercing/Serrated Blade damage. Except that Corrosive damage requires Toxic damage upgrades... and those are rare. Heavy weapons get their ammo nerfed, however ammo drops have yet to be properly balanced.

For those of you who haven't heard of the "Corrupt-A-Wish Foundation" reference:

"Corrupt-A-Wish" is a popular forum game where one post wishes for something. The next post grants the wish, with a serious drawback that ruins the wish, and then posts a wish for the next post to "corrupt".

Example:

Post #1: I wish for a supercharged computer with 8 heavy-duty CPUs, 32 GB RAM, 12 TB disk space, and 2 top-of-the line video cards.

Post #2: Wish granted, however it is made with defective parts and the entire thing burns out within a month.

I wish to be able to travel faster than light.

Post #3: Wish granted, however you end up arriving at your destination way before you left and no one recognizes you anymore.

... and so on.

----------------------

What does this have to do with Warframe? Almost, everything from the last 2 updates, and some longstanding issues.

Players: Wish for new, intuitive UI and player ships.

Result: Buggy, persistently broken interface that was inferior in every way to the pre-U14 update. All of the U15 improvements to the UI should have been there in the first place.

You do know almost ALL of the fixes were done in u14 right?

Players: Wish for pets

Result: You get Kubrows (aka the biggest platinum sink of its time). You only get 2 slots, and Kubrows are completely random. In the early days of U14 the only way to change a Kubrow's appearance was to "randomize" it for platinum, which often ended up in the same result because the RNG was rigged. Oh, and Kubrow eggs are incredible rare too.

Kubrows are also very powerful, have incredibly survivability and are a unique addition to the game. Most bugs have been solved for them after u14 came out. They also boosted the in-game economy with the Kubrow genetics being tradable. 

Players: Wish for cumulative Interception and Defense mission rewards

Result: Granted, however you have to wait until round 4/wave 20 for a chance at a void key.

OMG. WORKING FOR A GOAL IS SOOOOOO HARD RIGHT?

Players: Wish for Melee 2.0

Result: Granted, however some stances will be unreasonably rare and you have to farm for them.

Oh hey look, farming. You know what is gonna solve the farming?

Quests!

Players: Wish for removal of ability cards from drop tables

Result: Granted, however when the Warframe polarities were being redone to remove the ability polarities, a lot of players have other polarities removed as well.

So we not being so over-powered anymore is a bad thing? K.

Players: Wish for Archwings

Result: Archwing release rushed and broken/buggy yet again. Archwing equipment upgrade drop tables are badly skewed which results in the same crap dropping 95% of the time. Another thing to farm for. Oh, and mew Archwing equipment requires grinding Interception mission reward RNG.

Granted, it is buggy. But it is a fresh and brand new addition to the game that is incredibly fun and appealing to play.

Players: Wish for endgame and more factions, unique rewards

Result: You get Syndicates, featuring even more grinding instead of a proper endgame. As an extra insult, higher ranks require you to pay premium resources such as Reactors/Catalysts.

So what is proper endgame then? Because whenever DE tries to put them in it just results in people saying "THIS ISNT ENDGAME. DO IT NOW DE"

Players: Wish for /unstuck command

Result: "Send in a support ticket". No /unstuck command implemented.

Granted, I wish they did put this in.

Players: Wish for an end to the constant freezing/crashing

Result: 6 patches that have yet to fix the issue. I already suggested limiting rendering time per-object - although I know that my suggestion, like 95% of suggestions that would actually fix the game, will be ignored.

I'd say this is more of a computer issue than it is the actual game itself, because I crash very rarely and never freeze.

Players: Wish for a new set of prime gear.

Result: New void equipment along with new void drop tables badly rigged against the player.

Nothing pleases you...

Players: Wish for more complex missions and quest chains.

Result: You get tactical alerts, and you can't bring any good gear into them.

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT.

Players: Wish for a balanced game.

Result: Damage 2.0: scaling enemy armor (the biggest balance-breaking mechanic) hasn't been removed, and Corrosive is the new Armor Piercing/Serrated Blade damage. Except that Corrosive damage requires Toxic damage upgrades... and those are rare. Heavy weapons get their ammo nerfed, however ammo drops have yet to be properly balanced.

Slowly, DE will bring in balancing. I think the ability polarity removal was an example of this due to the fact that we could be even more insanely over-powered.

Read the bold.

In conclusion: OP is just whining because he's angry

so u r saying players whine about new content they dont like? that's not new.

here is my thought: i never liked kubrow, so U14 was pretty empty to me, but i didnt complain, coz i know someone will like them. same goes for a lot of things u mentioned. warframe still has good update and content imo. people complain over stuff because every update, they want new things on day 1 for free, for no effort. unfortunately, that's not how f2p game works. heck, even in monthly fee mmo u cant get new content immediately.

Can all the serious posters please report the trolls and get on with the actual discussion?

I make these posts in an effort to highlight serious FLAWS in Warframe so they will be fixed.

There are plenty of suggestions and complaints about these issues. I've been nice enough to aggregate them all in an amusing format. You should all be thanking me for this, instead the discussion is cluttered with troll/spam posts and garbage.

I can't figure out the Warframe community. People complain about serious problems, and when I aggregate the complaints and suggest solutions, people complain about the suggested improvements. For the most part the community just plain gridlocked and can never agree on anything, which is why few improvements are ever made.

Moderators: I'm requesting increased moderation of this discussion because the trolls just can't keep away from it.

There are plenty of suggestions and complaints about these issues. I've been nice enough to aggregate them all in an amusing format. You should all be thanking me for this, instead the discussion is cluttered with troll/spam posts and garbage.

We're not thanking you because you've done nothing to foster any kind of constructive discussion about any of it. All you did was post a bunch of stuff, say "here's everything wrong", and make comparisons about how these are all things people wanted but DE ruined it. There was never any attempt to actually analyze or suggest how to fix it.

Don't fuss about trolls when your post was essentially the same thing.

I agree with some points yes 

Damn Kubrows

DE said that they wished to reduce grind and RNG but instead we keep seeing more of it every update 

But what do you want, this game was built around RNG and it will probably never change

I just wished the devs could tell us the truth and answer our questions honestly and not avoid them or flat out lie 

RNG is here to stay i'm afraid

Can all the serious posters please report the trolls and get on with the actual discussion?

I make these posts in an effort to highlight serious FLAWS in Warframe so they will be fixed.

I can't figure out the Warframe community. People complain about serious problems, and when I aggregate the complaints and suggest solutions, people complain about the suggested improvements. For the most part the community just plain gridlocked and can never agree on anything, which is why few improvements are ever made.

Moderators: I'm requesting increased moderation of this discussion because the trolls just can't keep away from it.

The method by which you presented these problems is the problem.

You presented it like a crude joke. 

"Oh look, DE is this evil bastard who corrupts our wishes!"

So no, We shouldn't be thanking you like you've shown us the light.

Get off your high horse.

You should all be thanking me for this

This line alone shows why you are being treated like this. One line.

There's also saying what is , if not intended, easily readable, saying that your suggestion will fix the game. Do you know their code? Do you know that it will fix the problem? The answer, almost certainly, is no.