Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Volts Speed Become A Toggle Ability?

StickyBaseline

This is something that I've thought about suggesting for Limbo as well for Rift Walk. It doesn't make much sense that the "master of the void" doesn't really have control over when he does and does not go into the void. This is something that needs to start becoming more integral with frame abilities.

Bad news for Volt. Have you not notice that recent toggle ability have drawback that it will stop your energy regeneration? Speed is so cheap that with energy siphon you can recharge your energy back after you finish. Practically allowing you to use it infinitely with enough efficiency and power duration. Making it toggle will not only stop the energy siphon but will also make it drain more energy for the long run.

If it was to be toggle it should either be global for all warframes in squad regardless of distance, or simply apply to all warframes regardless of distance that were within range when casting.

I would suggest the opposite...

If it's a toggle it should even more so respect distance.  With NO toggle, single activation, it's reasonable for it to last if you run in opposite directions.  If it's a toggle, it should stop working once you're 50 or 100 meters apart, to maintain some semblance of logic.

If it's a 'natural' ability of Volt, sure. If he's bringing the party along, that calls for more effort, thus keep it as a regular skill too.

I still don't get with his energetic self, why he's not a faster frame in general.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Well, wouldn't making Volt's speed a toggleable skill make it a bit overpowered ? :/

At first it probably seems like that, but if you think about this...

Why would that be? It's already basically toggleable now, except you have you press 2 every few seconds.

Basically every frame has at least one ability that this happens with. Volt's Speed, Limbo's Rift Walk, and Rhino's Iron Skin are three examples I can think of (because they are my primary frames) that are like this. At the cost of a slow and steady drain on energy, I would think that these items could and should become toggles. I have no doubt that we could collectively come up with a pretty solid list and send it DE's way for consideration.

Edited by BaronBlackHeart

At first it probably seems like that, but if you think about this...

Basically every frame has at least one ability that this happens with. Volt's Speed, Limbo's Rift Walk, and Rhino's Iron Skin are three examples I can think of (because they are my primary frames) that are like this. At the cost of a slow and steady drain on energy, I would think that these items could and should become toggles. I have no doubt that we could collectively come up with a pretty solid list and send it DE's way for consideration.

Why would that be? It's already basically toggleable now, except you have you press 2 every few seconds.

Toggle shouldn't be a cheap way to get around Fleeting expertise's duration penalty. Duration mod exist for good reason and current 8 slots build should give you enough room for that. Abilities like Volt's speed & electric shield, Mirage's hall of mirror & eclipse, Loki's invisibility profits from long duration as you can regenerate your energy during the ability usage, effectively cutting the energy cost and even replenish your energy.

Toggle only benefits in short time usage, that's why it was applied to abilities like Sound Quake, Absorb, or Undertow that can be impractical with excessive duration. But on abilities that are better when longer, toggle will be a disadvantage compared to building for a proper duration build.

Bad news for Volt. Have you not notice that recent toggle ability have drawback that it will stop your energy regeneration? Speed is so cheap that with energy siphon you can recharge your energy back after you finish. Practically allowing you to use it infinitely with enough efficiency and power duration. Making it toggle will not only stop the energy siphon but will also make it drain more energy for the long run.

I can live with that.