Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Screen Shake When "sprinting" In Arch Wings Make Anyone Else Sick?

Vant

Title basically.

The screen shaking just seems a bit excessive and makes me slightly motion sick, why not just fly faster without screen shaking?

Yeah, but  i have a medical condition to atribute to that. ive attempted using support tickets before and all they do is dodge the issue at hand. just post it if you have a problem.

Read a thread on feedbacks about exactly what you are saying, strangely I don't get nausea from it, I easily get motion sickness in games, especially FPS type. The shacking motion for me did a good job, I felt the power and speed. Maybe because I'm playing with a big enough screen. The energy shield tho shakes too much, can't use it I definitely going to have nausea from it.

It does not make me nauseous, but it does give me a headache after playing for long enough.

The problem is that everything moves, including the HUD, so your eyes have nothing fixed to focus on. So you either constantly try to focus on different things, or try and follow one thing as it moves wildly around the screen. Either way, your eyes are moving way more than they usually do, and it starts to strain your muscles fairly quickly.

Making the HUD, especially the crosshairs, stationary would really help. Along with adding an option to turn down or turn off the screen shaking.

It actually gives it a dynamic feeling.  I mean, the "space-fight" concept is very "fast-paced" and the screen shaking is helping it.

You do not need to have the player's view flying all over the place to give a feeling of high speed movement. Strike Suit Zero, which feels fairly similar to Warframe's Archwing gameplay, does not use any screen shaking, and yet you still get an amazing sense of speed. Or like in Freespace, which is 1st person. Only your HUD shakes when you use your afterburners, and not your actual view. This makes it feel like your ship is under high thrust, but it does not ruin your view.

Part of how they do this is by increasing the FOV to make it seem like you are moving faster. If you do that, you do not need to make the screen shake all over the place.

And why does our view shake in a 3rd person game anyway? It should be the character model that shakes around, not our view, right? If our view was stationary, and only our character shook around, that would solve these problems and be more realistic.

You will not miss what is, before it's gone. Ask for it to be gone, and you shall crie. Lots. 

I like it, I can handle it. 

50/50 - Make a option to disable screen shake. Then lets see how many keep on or off. Personal preference. I get defensive when people complain about the greater things in the game. The things that makes it dynamic and not a static game. But im glad you are not in charge. But then again, to find a solution. A slider or option would be the way to go. 

Does the screen shake when walking make anyone else sick?

Come on, whats going on? If you can't simply play games, don't play them. Seriously, people complain about darn small flares. Shake is even more stupid. I agree that it may be too much when you Sprint + Ctrl, but other than that It's okay. If you're not meant to play games or you're just sick, then just don't play them and watch YouTube or Facebook and have fun there.

*angry people incoming

Add: Adding an option to disable screen shake is a disadvantage to those who don't disable it, since those who disable it, can easily hit enemies far easier.

Edited by Meice

I hate it. It shakes the icons disorientingly. The first couple games I played it did make me physically sick, to the point I had to go outside and watch nature not move to calm down. Somehow I got over the sick feeling pretty quick. Now it's just a nagging queasy feeling, but I still hate the disorientation.

Edited by Zero_Effect