The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opricor, Next Paris Prime?

Xardis

The two weapons are very diffrent form each other but i tryied to mod them for T4 stuff and look what happened:

Opticor 5 forma build http://goo.gl/w43umq

Paris Prime 3 forma build http://goo.gl/NEEpJX

From overall stats Opticor is much more stronger but slower than Paris P but i suspect that when the +120% puncture damage mod set from one of next event comes we will be using Opticore insted of Paris P. Now Dread with slash/corrosive is stronger than Paris P so what will happen to Opticor that has base 425 puncture damage. And Paris P has smaller chance for scoring 2x more damage cos it has 12,5% for red crit and Opticor has 15% for normal 2x crit. Tell me which weapon you like most.

Edit: i think that soon the ammo for Opticor will be 72 and from sniper ammo pool.

Edited by Xardis

-snip-

For bows on Warframe Builder, there's a charged/uncharged button. I don't see how Opticor can compete at all. Also, a red crit is not double damage. A red crit uses your crit damage twice. That means you do either 4.4x damage or a 12.5% chance to deal 8.8x damage with that build(Actually, that is double damage...:P). WFB factors this in of course so the charged statistics are a viable reference point.

For bows on Warframe Builder, there's a charged/uncharged button. I don't see how Opticor can compete at all. Also, a red crit is not double damage. A red crit uses your crit damage twice. That means you do either 4.4x damage or a 12.5% chance to deal 8.8x damage with that build(Actually, that is double damage...:P). WFB factors this in of course so the charged statistics are a viable reference point.

You are right in that red crit uses your crit damage twice but the whole 4.4 isn't crit damage. It's just what is over 1, so 3.4 in your example with 7.8 red crit.

They bot are awesome but are diferent:

The paris p is alwais playing for 6 slots for dmg and doing 200 base dmg*4,4x so for a "base" of 880 and that *4 if headshot( 2x bonus base dmg and 2x crit for 3600~). thats not counting the ragdoll and posible multikill. Thats not counting de infamous red crit, 12% of the time that numbers go skyroket to 1700~ non headshot and 7200~(¡¡¡) on headshot.

The OPticor(bad joke :D) plays for 500 base and 1000 headshot, 15% of the time that number would go up to 1000 and 4000, which is nice.The thing the OPticor has advantage over the paris is the aoe dmg on full charge. At 1/3 charge u start doing full impact dmg but reduced aoe, while at full charge u do full impact and full aoe. Having the aoe is nice but not a great advantaje because it only trygers if it dont hit an enemi, it can be walls, floor, etc but not on enemy impact( shield lancers count as wall :D). The exact aoe dmg would require some testing i dont wana do it now :p

TLDR: Paris p still blows opticor by far but that dont mean the opticor is bad, its an awesome weapon and it has some cool animations 

Sorry bad english :P

Opticor to Paris Prime is Paris prime to dread.

Paris prime does more damage than dread, but dread has a chance to do double Paris primes damage.

Opticor is the same way. Its stronger than Paris Prime but Paris prime can red crit and do more damage.

Its about preference. Do you want sustainable damage, or chance damage?

Paris Prime is stronger than Opticor. Paris Prime has high crit chance, even red crits form time to time. Also multiplier is huge. Opticor has higher base dmg but lower crit chance(much lower). Also 5 forma?! Really?! Also Paris Prime innate puncture and fire rate are huge advantage over Opticor.

Only advantage Opticor has over Paris Prime is AOE explosion upon impact with obstacle.

Here is my opinion when comparing 2 of them. If you like Paris Prime you will like Opticor. If you bored of Paris rime, you have Opticor as alternative. If you planning to go very long survivals and defences with enemies over lvl 50 you would better have Paris Prime. Below lvl 50 you are ok with using Opticor. And unlike Paris Prime with crit build, Opticor allows you DAMAGE,Status,Crit and Speed AOE Puncture builds.

@Zarlockk

Just a small note but if you plan to do very long survival or defense runs, Dread>Paris Prime since you should be running 4x CP anyway.  For Infested and Corpus, Dread still wins.  I do agree that Paris Prime is likely superior in terms of damage but don't forget that Opticor is technically hitscan so despite having a charge mechanic it can be a much better sniper than Paris Prime.  To be fair, Opticor is a hybrid of Lanka and Paris Prime.

From overall stats Opticor is much more stronger but slower than Paris P but i suspect that when the +120% puncture damage mod set from one of next event comes we will be using Opticore instead of Paris P.

You realise that the mod can be applied to Paris P too- since it is a puncture weapon...

You realise that the mod can be applied to Paris P too- since it is a puncture weapon...

Yes, but it has a lot less base damage, and the Paris Prime has no room to fit in the future puncture mod.

I feel that once the Opticor bugs are fixed, they'll both be viable weapons, and it will just come down to preference.

@Zarlockk

Just a small note but if you plan to do very long survival or defense runs, Dread>Paris Prime since you should be running 4x CP anyway.  For Infested and Corpus, Dread still wins.  I do agree that Paris Prime is likely superior in terms of damage but don't forget that Opticor is technically hitscan so despite having a charge mechanic it can be a much better sniper than Paris Prime.  To be fair, Opticor is a hybrid of Lanka and Paris Prime.

Well we did not talk about Dread in this post did we =). I agree dread is the best out there if you have 4 CP. And yes you right I forgot to add hitscan. You see, I use PP over any other weapon so I forgot about it not being hitscan and now I am having fun with Opticor so it is not big of difference for me there because I usually aim for punch through rather than single enemy hit. I am personally planning to try Vile Acceleration+Metal Auger on Opticor when i get my hands on new corrupted mod. Interested how it will behave

Edited by Zarlockk

@Zarlockk

Use Shred instead of Metal Auger; the added +30% fire rate is more beneficial than just over a meter of penetration.

Very much so.

You won't be firing through the largest objects, but a maxed Shred is enough to pierce the lightest of covers and, more importantly, an entire line of Grineer skulls.

Edited by Brimir

@Zarlockk

Use Shred instead of Metal Auger; the added +30% fire rate is more beneficial than just over a meter of penetration.

Very much so.

You won't be firing through the largest objects, but a maxed Shred is enough to pierce the lightest of covers and, more importantly, an entire line of Grineer skulls.

I tried shred and Sped triger, Was pretty good. Shred on its own is not bad but fire rate is still slow. I just want to experiment and I really love this weapon both aesthetics and stats. I am going to try everything with it, Crit build, Speed Build, K speed with somepuncture, VA+metal auger, Status builds and then decide which suits my playstyle more. Thanks for advice though.