Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/ic, 18+] The Apocalypse - The Labyrinth.

Zeus154

104 continued it's journey through the transparent maze, building up a sort of map as it went, simply put taking only left turns and keeping the wall to it's left would work with enough time. A brunt method that would surely be ineffective in almost any given scenario, however it was it's first run of this invisible maze so resorting to simple countermeasures was likely the best option, if it had ample time it would run through every possible scenario to find the best path. However this was field work, not something as simple as a test or program, there was an actual possibility of danger if it were to not exit the maze for itself and all the flesh beings that accompanied it.

Dain's fist lashed out as a Zanuka got close. They were moving too fast for him to hit with his Lex. He would have needed a Furis to hit them reliably, and while he was accurate, he wasn't a marksman. The blow clipped the Zanuka, sending it reeling, but it jumped out of his reach before he could do any real harm. He snarled, terror and fury warring within him. He kicked the second away as the tried to tackle him to the floor, but again, it was not a clean hit. 

The third managed to land on his shoulders, causing his shields to flare blue as they protected him from its claws. He snatched it off, hurling him into the invisible wall behind him. As he spun to try and finish it, he caught sight of what Carver was doing.

Time slowed.

His eyes widened in horror as he watched Carver's knife sawing through Niveah's Warframe. He could just about hear her muffled words, calling to him, begging him to save her, pain clouding her cries.

Terror soared through him, overwhelming all threatening to consume him.

It met a barrier.

A deep seated instinct rose up within him, something primal that ran through the very fibre of his being. It was a primal thing that had been honed and trained in years of combat, a role that he had fulfilled nearly every day since the day he had donned his Warframe. 

Protect.

His oath rose in his mind, coming to the forefront of it, seemed to be written in fire, an emerald flame that danced in the air infront of him.

I am the shield between the cruel and the weak. I stand between those who would prey on them who cannot defend themselves. Where others break, I stand firm and unyielding. Where others cannot rise, I stand tall and firm. I am the guardian to those without the strength to fight. I am the rock on which the tides of pain shatter and break. I am the wall that shall never be breached.

His fear vanished. His limbs stopped trembling, his entire being, down to his very soul, seemed to shift slightly. For a moment, a moment so short it was almost not noticed, he relaxed entirely.

Then he moved.

His right hand shot out, grabbing the leg of the Zanuka in front of him. It was unable to escape before his hand was wrapped around its hind leg in a grip of iron. With a roar, he swept it up, over his head, and brought it down on the other side of him with a thundering crack. A different Zanuka lunged at him, plasma blaster spewing blue bolts as it leapt, claws extended for rending. Dain swung the Zanuka in his grip around, using it as a bludgeon, smacking away the leaping machine with its brethren. He brought the machine down onto the floor again, smashing it into the ground hard enough to crack the concrete. Then he stepped forward, the electro-muscle fibre in his leg humming with energy, and crushed the head of the Zanuka bot. It went limp, twitching slightly as in a morbid impression of a dead person. 

The other two Zanuka bots were clinging to the ceiling and a wall. Both gave what sounded like a shriek of rage, and unleashed their plasma blasters on him. He ran forward, dodging the worst of the barrage, his shields absorbing what did hit him, although it brought his shields dangerously low. He took two more steps, the leapt into the air, performing what was known among Tenno as a bullet jump to get higher, like a great blue gorilla, aiming for the Zanuka attached to the wall. It jumped away, avoiding the swing of Dain's drawn Machete Wraith by only a slim margin. It hit the wall with a ringing sound. Dain snarled, the leapt after it, hopping along the wall, not far behind the four-legged robot as it and it's twin blasted away at him. Only the fact that he was constantly moving prevent him from being turned into Swiss cheese.

The Zanuka he was chasing took a flying leap, aiming to reach the ceiling. Dain noticed the change in direction only a half second before it jumped. He gripped the wall for a moment, then launched himself out, crashing into the Zanuka bot midair, bringing them both to the floor. The bot wriggled, claws flailing and slashing as it tried to free itself from the Rhino's grasp. Dain grunted as his shields finally broke and he felt the full force of the claws attacking him, then grimaced as one slashed a weaker part of his armour, leaving a shallow cut on his leg. He rolled, pinning its legs beneath him, then gripped it by the shoulders and pulled. THe metal resisted, then gave up with a screech. The machine was ripped clean in two. Dain scrambled to his feet, head whipping around for the last of the machines.

It crashed into his back, giving a screech as it did so, sending both to the floor, resulting in a messy grapple, the Zanuka clawing at the Tenno underneath it, while also blasting at him with plasma. Dain gripped the projector, desperately keeping it pointed away from his face, even as the hot barrel began to warp his armoured hands. He gave a cry of pain as a claw slashed his shoulder. His vision went red, and a ferocious snarl ripped its way from his throat. He yanked the barrel to one side with with his left hand, wincing as a burst of plasma raked the left side of his chest, then grabbed his knife from its mag lock on his left shoulder with his right hand. Flipping the blade around, he slash at the machines leg. The blow damaged the leg, and knocked the Zanuka slightly off balance. He did it again, then a third time. Each time the cut was deeper, and each time the Zanuka's hold on him was looser. On the sixth blow, the leg came off with a shower of sparks. The robot collapsed, unable to properly adjust its weight in time. Dain rolled over, pinning the machine beneath him, flipped his Furax forward, and began to punch. He pounded his fist into the machine, each blow capable of break a man's neck. 

When he finally stopped, the Zanuka was little more than bent metal and plastic.

Dain panted for a moment. Even for a Tenno, keeping up the force and speed he had used was tiring. He straightened, then glared through the wall at Carver. He paced backwards away from him, until he was as far from Carver as he could get. He settled back on his heels for a moment, then sprinted straight towards Carver, concentrating all of his considerable strength into a single point on his shoulder, a living, five hundred kilogram, steel encased battering ram, doing the same speed as the animal that his armour had been named for.

All that force collided into the invisible walls with one aim. Shatter them utterly.

Seth looked around, he had to escape this burning wreck somehow, He looked over to the glass coverings that binded them all, he rushed to the wall with rage in his eyes, he began to slam the butt of his Grinlok into the wall in an effort to shatter it, even if it meant doing it over and over again like an insane madman.

He shouted in Grintok as he did so "I AM DOCTOR SETH RAAM AND I WILL NOT HAVE MY INTELLIGENCE INSULTED BY A TENNO SO EASILY!" with a growl in his voice as he shouted "DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

Edited by Drakeardian

Jessica, in her panic, tried to scream out and kick at her captors legs. But her screams were muffled and her legs then suddenly tied together. Her heart raced at the added restraints. She desperately tried to slither and wiggle her way out of it, but to no use.

A tiny voice in the back of her head was telling her that this wasn’t normal. How had they just gagged her without removing her mask? She had screamed just a moment ago just fine. And her legs hadn’t been tied up then ether, when did they do that?

For all she knew she could have been so freaked out and panicked that she hadn’t noticed until after. But the voice insisted, though it was barely heard in Jessica’s current state.

They threw her in a cell before she could take a closer look on their faces. Her own face hit the floor as she landed. The light disappeared as they closed the door. She thought she heard them laughing. She felt sick as she was trapped in this dark enclosed environment.

This was a cage, and she was locked up like an animal in it. A hopelessness washed over her, to the point where she felt like crying, but no tears came. This is not real, that little voice told her again, this can’t be real.

A small streak of light managed its way through the door and as Jess struggled with her breathing she spotted something glimmer in the light. A slight hope got her to crawl her way over and grab it with her fingers. It was sharp, she almost cut herself when trying to get a hold on it, but when she had, she tried to position it so that the sharp end was against the ropes that kept her hands bound and started to saw and cut her way through.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:58 AM, WingedCrusade said:

A void tear opened up in front of the Valkyr as she gripped her head in agony, her claws barely just scratching at her head as she did so. She looked on in confusion, perplexed at what was before her. Lusith slowly lowered her hands to cross her arms timidly and grip her arms as she walked up to inspect the tear. On the other side, she saw her friends again. Alive. Well. Fighting. They needed help.

Lusith looked back at the carnage she left behind, all the dead bodies around her. Looking back at the tear, she would grimace and start swiping at the tear, trying to get rid of it in a tantrum fit as the sight only aggitated her further. Seeing as her attempts failed, she gave up on doing so and turned away from it, sobbing as she slipped on a blood pool and feel to her knees. Lusith held herself and sat there.

"What have I- Why did- I couldn't have done this. I did not do this.. I did not do this.. I did not do this.."

She cradled herself, repeating the line over. And over. And over. Denying what had been in front of her in plain sight. She was on her knees in a puddle of the blood from one of her companions around her. One of her family as she considered them, at this point.

"... I'm so sorry."

"I'm so sorry.."

Lohk wasn't very impressed or pleased with the behavior Lusith was displaying. Her world had slowly tilted, forcing her to slide into the tear inside the past. Crying and being depressed about the situation was not really going to help Lusith combat her fears. He shook his head.

'If you cannot face the past, then you cannot face the present or the future.'

If she cannot face her fear, Lohk will force her to.

On 5/6/2016 at 4:19 AM, Astralin said:

104 continued it's journey through the transparent maze, building up a sort of map as it went, simply put taking only left turns and keeping the wall to it's left would work with enough time. A brunt method that would surely be ineffective in almost any given scenario, however it was it's first run of this invisible maze so resorting to simple countermeasures was likely the best option, if it had ample time it would run through every possible scenario to find the best path. However this was field work, not something as simple as a test or program, there was an actual possibility of danger if it were to not exit the maze for itself and all the flesh beings that accompanied it.

The maze seemed endless, with the Zanuka constantly bumping into walls and retracing a lot of steps. It would seem like the robot would be just retracing circles around the entire maze for the time being, confusing the proxy. The unit might need to consider a different strategy, maybe some possible higher thinking.

On 5/6/2016 at 5:47 AM, Spikey844 said:

Dain's fist lashed out as a Zanuka got close. They were moving too fast for him to hit with his Lex. He would have needed a Furis to hit them reliably, and while he was accurate, he wasn't a marksman. The blow clipped the Zanuka, sending it reeling, but it jumped out of his reach before he could do any real harm. He snarled, terror and fury warring within him. He kicked the second away as the tried to tackle him to the floor, but again, it was not a clean hit. 

The third managed to land on his shoulders, causing his shields to flare blue as they protected him from its claws. He snatched it off, hurling him into the invisible wall behind him. As he spun to try and finish it, he caught sight of what Carver was doing.

Time slowed.

His eyes widened in horror as he watched Carver's knife sawing through Niveah's Warframe. He could just about hear her muffled words, calling to him, begging him to save her, pain clouding her cries.

Terror soared through him, overwhelming all threatening to consume him.

It met a barrier.

A deep seated instinct rose up within him, something primal that ran through the very fibre of his being. It was a primal thing that had been honed and trained in years of combat, a role that he had fulfilled nearly every day since the day he had donned his Warframe. 

Protect.

His oath rose in his mind, coming to the forefront of it, seemed to be written in fire, an emerald flame that danced in the air infront of him.

I am the shield between the cruel and the weak. I stand between those who would prey on them who cannot defend themselves. Where others break, I stand firm and unyielding. Where others cannot rise, I stand tall and firm. I am the guardian to those without the strength to fight. I am the rock on which the tides of pain shatter and break. I am the wall that shall never be breached.

His fear vanished. His limbs stopped trembling, his entire being, down to his very soul, seemed to shift slightly. For a moment, a moment so short it was almost not noticed, he relaxed entirely.

Then he moved.

His right hand shot out, grabbing the leg of the Zanuka in front of him. It was unable to escape before his hand was wrapped around its hind leg in a grip of iron. With a roar, he swept it up, over his head, and brought it down on the other side of him with a thundering crack. A different Zanuka lunged at him, plasma blaster spewing blue bolts as it leapt, claws extended for rending. Dain swung the Zanuka in his grip around, using it as a bludgeon, smacking away the leaping machine with its brethren. He brought the machine down onto the floor again, smashing it into the ground hard enough to crack the concrete. Then he stepped forward, the electro-muscle fibre in his leg humming with energy, and crushed the head of the Zanuka bot. It went limp, twitching slightly as in a morbid impression of a dead person. 

The other two Zanuka bots were clinging to the ceiling and a wall. Both gave what sounded like a shriek of rage, and unleashed their plasma blasters on him. He ran forward, dodging the worst of the barrage, his shields absorbing what did hit him, although it brought his shields dangerously low. He took two more steps, the leapt into the air, performing what was known among Tenno as a bullet jump to get higher, like a great blue gorilla, aiming for the Zanuka attached to the wall. It jumped away, avoiding the swing of Dain's drawn Machete Wraith by only a slim margin. It hit the wall with a ringing sound. Dain snarled, the leapt after it, hopping along the wall, not far behind the four-legged robot as it and it's twin blasted away at him. Only the fact that he was constantly moving prevent him from being turned into Swiss cheese.

The Zanuka he was chasing took a flying leap, aiming to reach the ceiling. Dain noticed the change in direction only a half second before it jumped. He gripped the wall for a moment, then launched himself out, crashing into the Zanuka bot midair, bringing them both to the floor. The bot wriggled, claws flailing and slashing as it tried to free itself from the Rhino's grasp. Dain grunted as his shields finally broke and he felt the full force of the claws attacking him, then grimaced as one slashed a weaker part of his armour, leaving a shallow cut on his leg. He rolled, pinning its legs beneath him, then gripped it by the shoulders and pulled. THe metal resisted, then gave up with a screech. The machine was ripped clean in two. Dain scrambled to his feet, head whipping around for the last of the machines.

It crashed into his back, giving a screech as it did so, sending both to the floor, resulting in a messy grapple, the Zanuka clawing at the Tenno underneath it, while also blasting at him with plasma. Dain gripped the projector, desperately keeping it pointed away from his face, even as the hot barrel began to warp his armoured hands. He gave a cry of pain as a claw slashed his shoulder. His vision went red, and a ferocious snarl ripped its way from his throat. He yanked the barrel to one side with with his left hand, wincing as a burst of plasma raked the left side of his chest, then grabbed his knife from its mag lock on his left shoulder with his right hand. Flipping the blade around, he slash at the machines leg. The blow damaged the leg, and knocked the Zanuka slightly off balance. He did it again, then a third time. Each time the cut was deeper, and each time the Zanuka's hold on him was looser. On the sixth blow, the leg came off with a shower of sparks. The robot collapsed, unable to properly adjust its weight in time. Dain rolled over, pinning the machine beneath him, flipped his Furax forward, and began to punch. He pounded his fist into the machine, each blow capable of break a man's neck. 

When he finally stopped, the Zanuka was little more than bent metal and plastic.

Dain panted for a moment. Even for a Tenno, keeping up the force and speed he had used was tiring. He straightened, then glared through the wall at Carver. He paced backwards away from him, until he was as far from Carver as he could get. He settled back on his heels for a moment, then sprinted straight towards Carver, concentrating all of his considerable strength into a single point on his shoulder, a living, five hundred kilogram, steel encased battering ram, doing the same speed as the animal that his armour had been named for.

All that force collided into the invisible walls with one aim. Shatter them utterly.

Rolling a strength check. Dain gets advantage, with his rage.

[Strength Check. Dain must roll greater than Lohk's roll. Lohk rolls an 18. Dain rolls an 8+3. The barrier remains.]

Dain would feel the barrier shift, possibly creak under the pressure of his charge, but nothing gave in. The barrier didn't budge, as there wasn't really and signs of a dent or damage.

Niveah had been staring, at Dain the entire time, Carver looking and laughing at his pitiful attempt, before forcefully forcing Niveah's head to look at the big man.

"He can't save you. He's not worthy of your time, my jewel." Carver said cockily with a grin.

He removed the Tenno's helmet. She spat in his eyes, temporarily blinding him and dropping her. This action made Carver drop niveah and allowed her to regain her breath. While the man was wiping away the spit in his irritated eyes, he was getting angry. With all of the strength she could muster, she delivered a swift punch to Carver's family jewels. He crumpled to the ground, writhing in pain.

"I'm done. I am not your slave and you do not deserve to live with what you have done to others." Niveah said menacingly.

She kicked him in the gut and stomped on his throat with the heel of the Tenno's boot. The sounds that was made was horrifying. His neck was broken, shattered, two large gashes inside his throat, piercing into his neck. He wouldn't be able to breathe, let alone survive.

On 5/6/2016 at 7:41 AM, Drakeardian said:

Seth looked around, he had to escape this burning wreck somehow, He looked over to the glass coverings that binded them all, he rushed to the wall with rage in his eyes, he began to slam the butt of his Grinlok into the wall in an effort to shatter it, even if it meant doing it over and over again like an insane madman.

He shouted in Grintok as he did so "I AM DOCTOR SETH RAAM AND I WILL NOT HAVE MY INTELLIGENCE INSULTED BY A TENNO SO EASILY!" with a growl in his voice as he shouted "DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

The wall wasn't moving, deforming, or budging. No matter how hard Seth bludgeoned the wall, nothing really happened. He still needed to get out of the Grineer galleon. It was still flaming and exploding. Half of the room he as in, was on fire. He needed to escape or else he would be turned into a charred corpse.

On 5/10/2016 at 8:41 AM, TheSteelWolf97 said:

Jessica, in her panic, tried to scream out and kick at her captors legs. But her screams were muffled and her legs then suddenly tied together. Her heart raced at the added restraints. She desperately tried to slither and wiggle her way out of it, but to no use.

A tiny voice in the back of her head was telling her that this wasn’t normal. How had they just gagged her without removing her mask? She had screamed just a moment ago just fine. And her legs hadn’t been tied up then ether, when did they do that?

For all she knew she could have been so freaked out and panicked that she hadn’t noticed until after. But the voice insisted, though it was barely heard in Jessica’s current state.

They threw her in a cell before she could take a closer look on their faces. Her own face hit the floor as she landed. The light disappeared as they closed the door. She thought she heard them laughing. She felt sick as she was trapped in this dark enclosed environment.

This was a cage, and she was locked up like an animal in it. A hopelessness washed over her, to the point where she felt like crying, but no tears came. This is not real, that little voice told her again, this can’t be real.

A small streak of light managed its way through the door and as Jess struggled with her breathing she spotted something glimmer in the light. A slight hope got her to crawl her way over and grab it with her fingers. It was sharp, she almost cut herself when trying to get a hold on it, but when she had, she tried to position it so that the sharp end was against the ropes that kept her hands bound and started to saw and cut her way through.

Lohk didn't really account for the minor details. She hadn't really gotten very many details about Jessica, as she was recently introduced to the group, however, it didn't stop the dream from occurring.

Jessica would be able, after a time, be able to cut her binds and try to escape the dark room. Given this small glimmer of hope, the dark room was filled with boxes and other material, so she would need to feel around in order to escape the room. If she didn't she would trip and fall over the various objects. Going forward wasn't going to be the best option.

Edited by Zeus154

Seth growled at the wall, the illusion was pretty strong indeed so he did what he'd do in an actual situation like this. Run to the escape pods, Like a bat out of hell, he began sprinting though, covering himself with his coat to resist the flames as he rushed to get out of the medical bay and find the escape pods.

He'd be damned if he'd die on a flaming wreck of an illusion.

The maze seemed endless, with the Zanuka constantly bumping into walls and retracing a lot of steps. It would seem like the robot would be just retracing circles around the entire maze for the time being, confusing the proxy. The unit might need to consider a different strategy, maybe some possible higher thinking.

New factor input, Simulation changing during process, suggest change of tactics. 104 began layering the maps that it had created and put together a pin grid of where the invisible walls had changed, building upon this it determined that this would be inconclusive without having an inkling of where the exit might be...

Hypothesis, overloading the testing area. Structure of maze unknown, reaction to firearms unknown. Large application of stress to environment during simulation may yield results. Probability of success: inconclusive.

Options:

• Continue standard simulation testing
  • Apply environmental stress
  • Request simulation retrial
  • //{redacted}

The machine paused for a micro-second before redacting it's last option, failure was not an option. Processing so much inconclusive information at once was frustrating to the machine, of course it didn't understand frustration so it merely shoved the pseudo-feeling off to the side. Preparing for the next test it deployed it's plasma cannon.

"Kiejulr zijguaiz buffilbolm xirx" It hunkered down for a moment using it's layered map to find itself a good starting point, after a few moments of running the numbers it took off, firing seering plasma bolts at the 'walls' as it ran the course moving through points that it had determined had not changed during it's previous trials. It's weapon pivoted back and forth at the walls to it's sides in front of it  so that if a new path was determined it could slip into the new corridor. Starting slow, in a sense of the word when compared to quadrupedal locomotion, it worked to a gallop increasing the pace of it's movement and plasma bolts trying to force complete systemic failure via stress to the situation.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:43 PM, Zeus154 said:

Rolling a strength check. Dain gets advantage, with his rage.

[Strength Check. Dain must roll greater than Lohk's roll. Lohk rolls an 18. Dain rolls an 8+3. The barrier remains.]

Dain would feel the barrier shift, possibly creak under the pressure of his charge, but nothing gave in. The barrier didn't budge, as there wasn't really and signs of a dent or damage.

Niveah had been staring, at Dain the entire time, Carver looking and laughing at his pitiful attempt, before forcefully forcing Niveah's head to look at the big man.

"He can't save you. He's not worthy of your time, my jewel." Carver said cockily with a grin.

He removed the Tenno's helmet. She spat in his eyes, temporarily blinding him and dropping her. This action made Carver drop niveah and allowed her to regain her breath. While the man was wiping away the spit in his irritated eyes, he was getting angry. With all of the strength she could muster, she delivered a swift punch to Carver's family jewels. He crumpled to the ground, writhing in pain.

"I'm done. I am not your slave and you do not deserve to live with what you have done to others." Niveah said menacingly.

She kicked him in the gut and stomped on his throat with the heel of the Tenno's boot. The sounds that was made was horrifying. His neck was broken, shattered, two large gashes inside his throat, piercing into his neck. He wouldn't be able to breathe, let alone survive.

Stars flashed in Dain's eyes as he connected with, then bounced off, the invisible barriers. He collapsed onto the floor, his shoulder screaming in pain. His head swimming, he gingerly moved it, giving a sigh of relief to find it was not broken or dislocated. It still hurt when he moved it, but he could move it. He staggered to his feet, looking beyond the barrier, just in time to see Niveah's heel crush the neck of the image of Carver, he beautiful face fierce and angry. He grinned beneath his helmet, and gave the ex-bounty hunter a thumbs up. He then turned his attention back to the barrier. When he had hit it, it hadn't felt like a solid wall, instead it had felt more like gel, and seemed to shift slightly under his charge. He mused for a moment, then walked backwards until he felt his back press against the far wall. He shift his body into a charging stance, centring himself, focusing both his body and mind.

He took a deep breath in....

Back out....

In again....

And sprinted towards the wall, every fibre in his mind and body focused on the idea of bringing the barrier down.

A small part of him was also reminding him that he was going to get a headache doing this.

The sudden shifting of the world jarred Lusith slightly, her first instinct being to try to anchor herself vie Ripline to where she was and keep herself tethered in defiance...

Should it work, well, it'd be as simple as her defying his want and stubbornly being tethered to the spot... But if it broke...

Lusith would stagger into the tear clumsily  and nearly fall on her rear as she was sent into the same vision again. Only to let out a shaky sigh of distress at the events repeating... Whatever happens, she'll just have to think of other ways to go about this.

Edited by WingedCrusade

After some cutting and sawing the ropes binding her hands together finally broke and she quickly got to work on the rope restraining her legs with her now free hands.

Soon enough they too broke and she stood shakingly to her feet. She first tried to run to the door, ram it open or force it open. The light which had let her find that sharp blade seemed to fade, leaving her in darkness.

The door wouldn’t budge, no matter how hard she tried, it was no use. She didn’t even have all her tools with her. The bigger, heavier things that could be used as weapons had been confiscated.

Jess felt her heart pound so hard that felt and heard it in her own ears. This is not real, this can’t be real, this can’t be happening.

This is not real!” She screamed out. But she was still stuck in the darkness, and nothing happened, the door was still closed, and she was alone.

Her panicking part wanted to claw at and pound her fists at that damn door that kept her from freedom. Another part of her told her that, since the door wouldn’t move, she’d have to look for other options. And that meant completely embracing the darkness of the room. It was a small, almost inaudible part of her which told her that, but it was the only sense she had to act on.

Slowly and on legs shaking from adrenaline she moved away from the small glimmer of light that was left. Her hands reached out, trying to feel what was in front of her and trying to find the walls.

Her Grineer mask felt more like a hindrance rather than a aid right now. Maybe it was claustrophobia or the panic attack really kicking in, but she didn’t seem to be able to breathe in it, let alone see. So she remove it and attached it to her belt and continued.

When getting a bit more used to the darkness she thought she could see the shape of something. Her hands traced over it. It felt like a box, and next to it was another one. She tried to open on of them and start to feel around to see what she’d find.

On 5/14/2016 at 6:23 PM, Drakeardian said:

Seth growled at the wall, the illusion was pretty strong indeed so he did what he'd do in an actual situation like this. Run to the escape pods, Like a bat out of hell, he began sprinting though, covering himself with his coat to resist the flames as he rushed to get out of the medical bay and find the escape pods.

He'd be damned if he'd die on a flaming wreck of an illusion.

Seth would be able to escape the twisted ship, it's burning ship eventually becoming into some white mess, with him standing in the white area. It was just a vast white plain. Looks like there wasn't really much of anything. Seth would have to sit tight. In the meantime, he might be able to polish up his weapons if need be.

On 5/17/2016 at 1:57 AM, Astralin said:

New factor input, Simulation changing during process, suggest change of tactics. 104 began layering the maps that it had created and put together a pin grid of where the invisible walls had changed, building upon this it determined that this would be inconclusive without having an inkling of where the exit might be...

Hypothesis, overloading the testing area. Structure of maze unknown, reaction to firearms unknown. Large application of stress to environment during simulation may yield results. Probability of success: inconclusive.

Options:

• Continue standard simulation testing
  • Apply environmental stress
  • Request simulation retrial
  • //{redacted}

The machine paused for a micro-second before redacting it's last option, failure was not an option. Processing so much inconclusive information at once was frustrating to the machine, of course it didn't understand frustration so it merely shoved the pseudo-feeling off to the side. Preparing for the next test it deployed it's plasma cannon.

"Kiejulr zijguaiz buffilbolm xirx" It hunkered down for a moment using it's layered map to find itself a good starting point, after a few moments of running the numbers it took off, firing seering plasma bolts at the 'walls' as it ran the course moving through points that it had determined had not changed during it's previous trials. It's weapon pivoted back and forth at the walls to it's sides in front of it  so that if a new path was determined it could slip into the new corridor. Starting slow, in a sense of the word when compared to quadrupedal locomotion, it worked to a gallop increasing the pace of it's movement and plasma bolts trying to force complete systemic failure via stress to the situation.

Not very much "elevated thinking" that Lohk was hoping for, but he would eventually hope that the Zanuka would leap for a different option. Otherwise, the maze would remain to be firmly rooted and un-crackable.

On 5/22/2016 at 11:16 AM, Spikey844 said:

Stars flashed in Dain's eyes as he connected with, then bounced off, the invisible barriers. He collapsed onto the floor, his shoulder screaming in pain. His head swimming, he gingerly moved it, giving a sigh of relief to find it was not broken or dislocated. It still hurt when he moved it, but he could move it. He staggered to his feet, looking beyond the barrier, just in time to see Niveah's heel crush the neck of the image of Carver, he beautiful face fierce and angry. He grinned beneath his helmet, and gave the ex-bounty hunter a thumbs up. He then turned his attention back to the barrier. When he had hit it, it hadn't felt like a solid wall, instead it had felt more like gel, and seemed to shift slightly under his charge. He mused for a moment, then walked backwards until he felt his back press against the far wall. He shift his body into a charging stance, centring himself, focusing both his body and mind.

He took a deep breath in....

Back out....

In again....

And sprinted towards the wall, every fibre in his mind and body focused on the idea of bringing the barrier down.

A small part of him was also reminding him that he was going to get a headache doing this.

[Strength Check - Dain must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a 5. Dain rolls a 14. Success!]

Dain would be able to smash on through to the other side of the wall, the barrier making a terrifying and utterly disgusting sound of warped and ruptured metal. Within his wake would be a Rhino sized hole and his prize would be his damsel in distress, looking at him and the tear he had essentially created. She looked down at her stomach, the belly magically receding into a more "manageable" form. She rushed up to Dain and embraced him. She was crying. Her words almost unintelligible. The only things the Rhino would be able to guess from her sobs were "I don't want this to happen again," and "I'm scared about having a child," mixed in with some doubts.

Her typical cocky, living visage, shattered. She realized the implications of her previous events, from the past, all the way up to Styx. The Tenno held Dain tightly.

On 5/24/2016 at 1:07 AM, WingedCrusade said:

The sudden shifting of the world jarred Lusith slightly, her first instinct being to try to anchor herself vie Ripline to where she was and keep herself tethered in defiance...

Should it work, well, it'd be as simple as her defying his want and stubbornly being tethered to the spot... But if it broke...

Lusith would stagger into the tear clumsily  and nearly fall on her rear as she was sent into the same vision again. Only to let out a shaky sigh of distress at the events repeating... Whatever happens, she'll just have to think of other ways to go about this.

[Power check, Ripline - Lusith must roll greater than an 8. 7 rolled. Unfortunate.]

Lusith's ripline would unfortunately falter and snap under her weight. The Valkyr would fall into the tear and would be placed into the situation oncemore, however, something seems a little off, almost if time has slowed down. She may be able to use that to her advantage.

On 5/25/2016 at 3:09 PM, TheSteelWolf97 said:

After some cutting and sawing the ropes binding her hands together finally broke and she quickly got to work on the rope restraining her legs with her now free hands.

Soon enough they too broke and she stood shakingly to her feet. She first tried to run to the door, ram it open or force it open. The light which had let her find that sharp blade seemed to fade, leaving her in darkness.

The door wouldn’t budge, no matter how hard she tried, it was no use. She didn’t even have all her tools with her. The bigger, heavier things that could be used as weapons had been confiscated.

Jess felt her heart pound so hard that felt and heard it in her own ears. This is not real, this can’t be real, this can’t be happening.

This is not real!” She screamed out. But she was still stuck in the darkness, and nothing happened, the door was still closed, and she was alone.

Her panicking part wanted to claw at and pound her fists at that damn door that kept her from freedom. Another part of her told her that, since the door wouldn’t move, she’d have to look for other options. And that meant completely embracing the darkness of the room. It was a small, almost inaudible part of her which told her that, but it was the only sense she had to act on.

Slowly and on legs shaking from adrenaline she moved away from the small glimmer of light that was left. Her hands reached out, trying to feel what was in front of her and trying to find the walls.

Her Grineer mask felt more like a hindrance rather than a aid right now. Maybe it was claustrophobia or the panic attack really kicking in, but she didn’t seem to be able to breathe in it, let alone see. So she remove it and attached it to her belt and continued.

When getting a bit more used to the darkness she thought she could see the shape of something. Her hands traced over it. It felt like a box, and next to it was another one. She tried to open on of them and start to feel around to see what she’d find.

Looking through the crates would only yield vast amounts of rope and string. That and a few metal bits. If she were the Mcguyver type, she could fashion something that would get her out of the situation. However, the lights went out, the area around her pitch black. She would have to feel around to find the door. Her footsteps would now sound prominent in the darkness, creaking on boards of what seemed to be ancient material. Almost like wood. It would be hard to hear anything else.

Looking around the white asylum like room, The doctor panted and leaned on one knee as he took a moment to catch his breath, The poor Grineer doctor then dropped to the ground on his back, closing his tired eyes and starting to sleep off his long exhaustion. 

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:51 AM, Zeus154 said:

[Strength Check - Dain must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a 5. Dain rolls a 14. Success!]

Dain would be able to smash on through to the other side of the wall, the barrier making a terrifying and utterly disgusting sound of warped and ruptured metal. Within his wake would be a Rhino sized hole and his prize would be his damsel in distress, looking at him and the tear he had essentially created. She looked down at her stomach, the belly magically receding into a more "manageable" form. She rushed up to Dain and embraced him. She was crying. Her words almost unintelligible. The only things the Rhino would be able to guess from her sobs were "I don't want this to happen again," and "I'm scared about having a child," mixed in with some doubts.

Her typical cocky, living visage, shattered. She realized the implications of her previous events, from the past, all the way up to Styx. The Tenno held Dain tightly.

Dain slammed into the barrier, and was relieved to feel it buckle before him with a horrific screech. It took him quite a few paces to come to stop, having been travelling at full speed. He came to a stop only two steps from Niveah. He retracted his helmet, and gave her a grin, which quickly vanished as Niveah rushed into in him in floods of tears. He quickly wrapped his arms around her, scooping her up and holding her close. He held her firmly, but also delicately, as if she was a china doll that might break if he squeezed too hard.

"Shhh... I'm here Niveah. Carver is dead and gone. He can't hurt you. I'm here. I won't let you get hurt."

He continued to whisper sweet nothings in her ear, holding her close as she babbled on. Over the Mesa's shoulder, he glared with fury at Lohk. He was going to pay for doing this to her. The pieces would be... small.

When she had calmed down somewhat and stopped babbling, he gentle lifted her face so that their eyes met. "Listen to me. These are just illusions, and its that bastard up there that's causing them. So pull yourself together, and lets turn him to bloody paste. How does that sound?" His words would be soft, but firm, and there was a twinkle in his eye as he finished speaking.

Edited by Spikey844
I can't spell sometimes....

This tactic was not yielding any results either, immediately 104 had two plausible ideas, both testable in the same instance. Focusing fire at the forward most wall, targeting a specific point in the invisible surface, it began to move towards that point picking up speed. As it approached it would stop firing and leap at the pinpointed area, perhaps it's momentum would break these walls. If not then it would try running upwards and perhaps over the wall and hopefully not into an invisible ceiling as well.

Rope, rope and more rope, and a bit of string, even some pieces of metal. That was good, she guessed. Rope was always useful so she could use it after she got out of this nightmare, if she ever did. Then she remembered that this wasn’t real, it couldn’t be. So it really didn’t matter.

Then everything turned pitch black. Jessica couldn’t even see her own hands in front of her. If her heart could race any faster then it probably would have. She was trapped in a confined space by people she didn’t recognize, and on top of that, now she couldn’t even see.

The only thing keeping the panic in check was her repeating over and over that this wasn’t real and to try and focus her brain on one task at a time. She grabbed the things she had found, feeling with her hand to make sure she hadn’t left anything of it, and started to make her way back the same way she came and back to the door.

Even though she couldn’t see, she couldn’t help but noticing how her surroundings seemed to have changed. The bunker she had entered was made out of Corpus metal and alloy. She knew what that felt and sounded like, and it wasn’t like what she heard now. As she walked, the floor creaked and sounded more like some old salvaged floor made out of wood, much like the ones she had seen in some improvised huts or shelters.

“This isn’t real, this isn’t real, this isn’t real, this isn’t real, this isn’t real”

Jessica reached her free hand out in the direction of what in her mind the door should be and slowed her step so to not impact with too much force as she tried to sense where it was. If the floor was sounding like it had changed, maybe the door had too.

She was ripped out of the current dream world she had been left in, and thrown into another one, watching the rest of her living group all over again. The pain of the last scenario and what she had done had made her think about what potential danger she had in her and had made her reflect on using caution in her future endeavors with her Hysteria... However, now had not been the time to think on that.

Everyone was alive again, fighting once more. This made no sense in the Valkyr's mind.

"I... Do not... Understand... I saw them all- No. This is not real then... The living do not simply just return from death, and things that happened do not simply reverse as if the events had never occured... This... No, this is fake. I remember now..."

This remembrance on her part had made Lusith's despair and agony wash away from her body, to be replaced only by rage and frustration. She did the one thing she could think of to truly fight Lohk back. She stood there, crossing her arms in defiance.

"I will not partake in these viscious and cruel games of yours!"

On 5/31/2016 at 10:17 AM, Spikey844 said:

Dain slammed into the barrier, and was relieved to feel it buckle before him with a horrific screech. It took him quite a few paces to come to stop, having been travelling at full speed. He came to a stop only two steps from Niveah. He retracted his helmet, and gave her a grin, which quickly vanished as Niveah rushed into in him in floods of tears. He quickly wrapped his arms around her, scooping her up and holding her close. He held her firmly, but also delicately, as if she was a china doll that might break if he squeezed too hard.

"Shhh... I'm here Niveah. Carver is dead and gone. He can't hurt you. I'm here. I won't let you get hurt."

He continued to whisper sweet nothings in her ear, holding her close as she babbled on. Over the Mesa's shoulder, he glared with fury at Lohk. He was going to pay for doing this to her. The pieces would be... small.

When she had calmed down somewhat and stopped babbling, he gentle lifted her face so that their eyes met. "Listen to me. These are just illusions, and its that bastard up there that's causing them. So pull yourself together, and lets turn him to bloody paste. How does that sound?" His words would be soft, but firm, and there was a twinkle in his eye as he finished speaking.

Niveah was a babbling mess. She felt broken and overly sensitive to the situation she had experienced. With Dain holding her and giving reassurance, the Mesa felt a little bit better, a little more reassured. When the Rhino had lifted her face, she was a little worried, however she focused on him intently. With him speaking in a firm voice, she breathed calmly, or at least tried to. It was a little rough, broken.

"Al-Alright. " Niveah said, wiping the tears away from her eyes. "Let's do this."

The room shifted into a white expanse, much like they've been in before. 

On 6/3/2016 at 5:39 AM, Astralin said:

This tactic was not yielding any results either, immediately 104 had two plausible ideas, both testable in the same instance. Focusing fire at the forward most wall, targeting a specific point in the invisible surface, it began to move towards that point picking up speed. As it approached it would stop firing and leap at the pinpointed area, perhaps it's momentum would break these walls. If not then it would try running upwards and perhaps over the wall and hopefully not into an invisible ceiling as well.

Shooting the walls still proved to be a frivolous endeavor. Jumping... Well, that was easy.

Jumping up would result in the Zanuka essentially breaking the rules. There wasn't really a ceiling in the maze, though, the Zanuka was still in the maze. Basically he was getting an aerial view of how to solve this maze. And it looked like the maze was a mix of flat and rounded shapes. Finding the exit may not be that hard.

On 6/4/2016 at 2:31 PM, TheSteelWolf97 said:

Rope, rope and more rope, and a bit of string, even some pieces of metal. That was good, she guessed. Rope was always useful so she could use it after she got out of this nightmare, if she ever did. Then she remembered that this wasn’t real, it couldn’t be. So it really didn’t matter.

Then everything turned pitch black. Jessica couldn’t even see her own hands in front of her. If her heart could race any faster then it probably would have. She was trapped in a confined space by people she didn’t recognize, and on top of that, now she couldn’t even see.

The only thing keeping the panic in check was her repeating over and over that this wasn’t real and to try and focus her brain on one task at a time. She grabbed the things she had found, feeling with her hand to make sure she hadn’t left anything of it, and started to make her way back the same way she came and back to the door.

Even though she couldn’t see, she couldn’t help but noticing how her surroundings seemed to have changed. The bunker she had entered was made out of Corpus metal and alloy. She knew what that felt and sounded like, and it wasn’t like what she heard now. As she walked, the floor creaked and sounded more like some old salvaged floor made out of wood, much like the ones she had seen in some improvised huts or shelters.

“This isn’t real, this isn’t real, this isn’t real, this isn’t real, this isn’t real”

Jessica reached her free hand out in the direction of what in her mind the door should be and slowed her step so to not impact with too much force as she tried to sense where it was. If the floor was sounding like it had changed, maybe the door had too.

The door never really changed. It was odd to go under a change of material so quickly, but no matter she needed to escape the room, using what she had. And the only logical assumption was to give the door a very powerful pull, using the ropes and string. If she had better ideas, then it would be up to her to execute them. Nevertheless, this was one straight shot.

On 6/4/2016 at 11:16 PM, WingedCrusade said:

She was ripped out of the current dream world she had been left in, and thrown into another one, watching the rest of her living group all over again. The pain of the last scenario and what she had done had made her think about what potential danger she had in her and had made her reflect on using caution in her future endeavors with her Hysteria... However, now had not been the time to think on that.

Everyone was alive again, fighting once more. This made no sense in the Valkyr's mind.

"I... Do not... Understand... I saw them all- No. This is not real then... The living do not simply just return from death, and things that happened do not simply reverse as if the events had never occurred... This... No, this is fake. I remember now..."

This remembrance on her part had made Lusith's despair and agony wash away from her body, to be replaced only by rage and frustration. She did the one thing she could think of to truly fight Lohk back. She stood there, crossing her arms in defiance.

"I will not partake in these vicious and cruel games of yours!"

And here Lohk thought that Lusith wanted to go through the trouble of saving her teammates. This "self-fulfilling prophecy" wasn't really going to work. They would have died either way, Lusith's intervention or not, and Lohk supposed that his "game" was thinly veiled. Everything faded and wisped away like mist, the room essentially returning to a bright white color, much like before.

On 5/31/2016 at 10:02 AM, Drakeardian said:

Looking around the white asylum like room, The doctor panted and leaned on one knee as he took a moment to catch his breath, The poor Grineer doctor then dropped to the ground on his back, closing his tired eyes and starting to sleep off his long exhaustion. 

The ground shook and rattled, forcibly trying to arouse the doctor into getting back up again. The show must go on, with Seth included.

--

Adalynn felt helpless in even trying. She felt defeated. Her calls for encouragement and help were all muffled within the invisible enclosure. She pounded and did her best to escape or try get out of the invisible box. She gave the enclosure the best charge she could muster.

[Strength check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a 6. Adalynn rolls a 6. Close.]

She could feel the invisible barrier warp a decent amount, but found that it had reformed shortly thereafter. She wasn't the strongest people of the group, but she tried to think of alternate ways to get passed the situation. She closed her eyes and tried to view the area as a different realm. Using her psychic prowess, she tried to manipulate the box to have a door. Much to her disbelief, it worked. The Tenno opened the door into a wall, which didn't really work out too well. It seemed like the Nyx was permanently trapped within the enclosure.

She shook her head, essentially admitting that she wasn't really doing well, her morale declining. The group would have some kind of "Eye on the prize" approach, with their leader being dangled as some sort of carrot. If they wish to save her, it would require some team effort. The only thing now is to wait for the Zanuka and Jessica to finish up their situations.

"We need to get her out of there." Niveah said to Dain. "She looks miserable inside there. Got any ideas?"

On 6/11/2016 at 3:09 PM, Zeus154 said:

Jumping up would result in the Zanuka essentially breaking the rules. There wasn't really a ceiling in the maze, though, the Zanuka was still in the maze. Basically he was getting an aerial view of how to solve this maze. And it looked like the maze was a mix of flat and rounded shapes. Finding the exit may not be that hard.

104 would twist while airborne getting as good a view as possible of the arena, "Lik zexe ezzez, ox riifr xvi rugyxoul ker xu rii xvi esile."  It quickly constructed a 2D and 3D map using the images it was able to procure during it's descent back to the ground and like lightning it was off towards the exit, plotting the most efficient route with it's new information. During this time if it ever came to a dead end it would simply leap from the wall again to get another view, however with it's exact memory this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Seth was dreaming of doing a live dissection of a Human brain infront of the Grineer medical board before his dream was shaken and he rose up as Lohk shook the ground, he looked up then shouted in Grineer "Do you not know to let people who are tired sleep?!" He shouted as he rose to his feet, holding his Grinlock by one hand with the barrel to the floor and sighed. It seemed this day won't end for a while.

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:09 PM, Zeus154 said:

Niveah was a babbling mess. She felt broken and overly sensitive to the situation she had experienced. With Dain holding her and giving reassurance, the Mesa felt a little bit better, a little more reassured. When the Rhino had lifted her face, she was a little worried, however she focused on him intently. With him speaking in a firm voice, she breathed calmly, or at least tried to. It was a little rough, broken.

"Al-Alright. " Niveah said, wiping the tears away from her eyes. "Let's do this."

The room shifted into a white expanse, much like they've been in before. 

Adalynn felt helpless in even trying. She felt defeated. Her calls for encouragement and help were all muffled within the invisible enclosure. She pounded and did her best to escape or try get out of the invisible box. She gave the enclosure the best charge she could muster.

[Strength check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a 6. Adalynn rolls a 6. Close.]

She could feel the invisible barrier warp a decent amount, but found that it had reformed shortly thereafter. She wasn't the strongest people of the group, but she tried to think of alternate ways to get passed the situation. She closed her eyes and tried to view the area as a different realm. Using her psychic prowess, she tried to manipulate the box to have a door. Much to her disbelief, it worked. The Tenno opened the door into a wall, which didn't really work out too well. It seemed like the Nyx was permanently trapped within the enclosure.

She shook her head, essentially admitting that she wasn't really doing well, her morale declining. The group would have some kind of "Eye on the prize" approach, with their leader being dangled as some sort of carrot. If they wish to save her, it would require some team effort. The only thing now is to wait for the Zanuka and Jessica to finish up their situations.

"We need to get her out of there." Niveah said to Dain. "She looks miserable inside there. Got any ideas?"

Dain gave a small smile at seeing Niveah's courage begin to return. He didn't blame her. Carver had done horrible things to her, and she had stored them up over time, and it was only now that it all came out. His head snapped up as the room turned to white around them, stretching out into the distance.

"Bloody mind tricks." The words were a muttered curse. He glanced between Niveah and Adalynn, debating what to do, his mind buzzing. Mental combat was not his forte. His mental shields were formidable, but he hadn't trained to attack with his mind. That was whole reason for Nyx Warframes in the first place, a warframe that had psychic combat as its focus.

"I don't know what we can do really," he said after a moment of thought. "I have training in mental combat but only for defensive purposes. I can block attacks but not make attacks of my own." He glanced at the psychic cage that held the Nyx clad Tenno. It looked like there had been a door there, one that had been forced into existence. Had that been Adalynn's doing?

"First things first, lets start simple." He glanced back at Niveah. "You shoot the bastard with your pistols, distract him. I'll try and break down the cage."

Without waiting for a response, he strode over to where the door had appeared. He looked quickly up and down, then motioned to Adalynn to move to one side. Taking a half pace back, he cocked his right fist, Furax flipped forward to cover it, then slammed it into the wall, in roughly the middle of where the door had appeared.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:02 AM, Astralin said:

104 would twist while airborne getting as good a view as possible of the arena, "Lik zexe ezzez, ox riifr xvi rugyxoul ker xu rii xvi esile."  It quickly constructed a 2D and 3D map using the images it was able to procure during it's descent back to the ground and like lightning it was off towards the exit, plotting the most efficient route with it's new information. During this time if it ever came to a dead end it would simply leap from the wall again to get another view, however with it's exact memory this shouldn't be an issue at all.

The maze wouldn't really be too hard to crack for the Zanuka, as it would be constantly bunny-hopping over the entire maze. The unit would be able to solve the maze in relatively short order, before being able to move about the white room.

On 6/17/2016 at 3:44 AM, Drakeardian said:

Seth was dreaming of doing a live dissection of a Human brain infront of the Grineer medical board before his dream was shaken and he rose up as Lohk shook the ground, he looked up then shouted in Grineer "Do you not know to let people who are tired sleep?!" He shouted as he rose to his feet, holding his Grinlock by one hand with the barrel to the floor and sighed. It seemed this day won't end for a while.

Lohk looked at Seth with a rather disapproving nod.

'Sleeping while your friends are in trouble shows how important your friends are.'

He shook his head again before letting Seth do whatever he needed to do. Lohk was going to wait for the time being, seeing that most of the people had finished their puzzles, save for two individuals.

On 6/17/2016 at 9:59 AM, Spikey844 said:

Dain gave a small smile at seeing Niveah's courage begin to return. He didn't blame her. Carver had done horrible things to her, and she had stored them up over time, and it was only now that it all came out. His head snapped up as the room turned to white around them, stretching out into the distance.

"Bloody mind tricks." The words were a muttered curse. He glanced between Niveah and Adalynn, debating what to do, his mind buzzing. Mental combat was not his forte. His mental shields were formidable, but he hadn't trained to attack with his mind. That was whole reason for Nyx Warframes in the first place, a warframe that had psychic combat as its focus.

"I don't know what we can do really," he said after a moment of thought. "I have training in mental combat but only for defensive purposes. I can block attacks but not make attacks of my own." He glanced at the psychic cage that held the Nyx clad Tenno. It looked like there had been a door there, one that had been forced into existence. Had that been Adalynn's doing?

"First things first, lets start simple." He glanced back at Niveah. "You shoot the bastard with your pistols, distract him. I'll try and break down the cage."

Without waiting for a response, he strode over to where the door had appeared. He looked quickly up and down, then motioned to Adalynn to move to one side. Taking a half pace back, he cocked his right fist, Furax flipped forward to cover it, then slammed it into the wall, in roughly the middle of where the door had appeared.

Niveah nodded to Dain. She replaced her helmet and began to fire in the general direction of Lohk. With the mental barriers still in place, the bullets fell to the ground. He wasn't really looking in her general direction, seeing as the bullets simply dipped downward with plinking noises. A shower of bullets.
Besides that, Adalynn closed her eyes, trying to think of another solution to the issue. Brute force didn't necessarily work, nor did placing an imaginary door. When she opened them, she saw Dain going pound through the door.

[Strength check - Dain must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 2. Dain rolls a(n) 8. Success!]

Dain had warped through the door, breaking through the hold that imprisoned Adalynn. The whole surrounding field had shattered like glass, making loud shattering noises. Lohk was impressed at the plan that Dain had improvised as well as breaking his mental fortitude. Given that, it seemed like only one person need saving, and it was Jessica. She was the only one stuck in a rather dark room, fumbling around to get out.

In the meantime, the rain of fire from Niveah ceased. She had ran along to accompany Dain.

"Thank you, Dain." Adalynn said rather happily. "I can't really deal with being trapped inside a box for all eternity. Though, someone else needs our help."

The Nyx pointed over to the large room, with no windows and a large metal door.

"C'mon. She needs our help."

The Nyx rushed on over to the section. She could hear the eerily creaky floorboards inside, albeit it was muffled. She was essentially dancing with darkness. The Tenno closed her eyes and placed her hand onto the door.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 12. Adalynn rolls a(n) 8. Unsuccessful attempt!]

Adalynn felt a shock course through her body, she screamed for a brief moment, before recollecting her thoughts.

"Looks like my powers aren't as strong as his. Dain, you might be able to do something, seeing as you've already outdone yourself twice." Adalynn commented.

"You can do it Dain, I know you will." Niveah said cheerfully. "If you can do it twice, you can do it again."

Edited by Zeus154

"What?!" said Seth as he looked over at Adalynn, Lusith Dain and Niveah for a moment before growling and quickly rushing towards Jess's door, cocking his Grinlok before checking how much ammunition he had before saying to Dain, Niveah, Lusith and Adalynn, starting to examine the door for a moment before saying to Dain and Lusith "Knock it down! both of you!" 

He also checked he still had a round in his Grinlok and Marelok. He always had a system when dealing with multiple opponants, shoot them six times, three with the Grinlok, three with the Marelok then deal with the rest with his Sheev.

Edited by Drakeardian

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:23 AM, Zeus154 said:

Niveah nodded to Dain. She replaced her helmet and began to fire in the general direction of Lohk. With the mental barriers still in place, the bullets fell to the ground. He wasn't really looking in her general direction, seeing as the bullets simply dipped downward with plinking noises. A shower of bullets.
Besides that, Adalynn closed her eyes, trying to think of another solution to the issue. Brute force didn't necessarily work, nor did placing an imaginary door. When she opened them, she saw Dain going pound through the door.

[Strength check - Dain must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 2. Dain rolls a(n) 8. Success!]

Dain had warped through the door, breaking through the hold that imprisoned Adalynn. The whole surrounding field had shattered like glass, making loud shattering noises. Lohk was impressed at the plan that Dain had improvised as well as breaking his mental fortitude. Given that, it seemed like only one person need saving, and it was Jessica. She was the only one stuck in a rather dark room, fumbling around to get out.

In the meantime, the rain of fire from Niveah ceased. She had ran along to accompany Dain.

"Thank you, Dain." Adalynn said rather happily. "I can't really deal with being trapped inside a box for all eternity. Though, someone else needs our help."

The Nyx pointed over to the large room, with no windows and a large metal door.

"C'mon. She needs our help."

The Nyx rushed on over to the section. She could hear the eerily creaky floorboards inside, albeit it was muffled. She was essentially dancing with darkness. The Tenno closed her eyes and placed her hand onto the door.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 12. Adalynn rolls a(n) 8. Unsuccessful attempt!]

Adalynn felt a shock course through her body, she screamed for a brief moment, before recollecting her thoughts.

"Looks like my powers aren't as strong as his. Dain, you might be able to do something, seeing as you've already outdone yourself twice." Adalynn commented.

"You can do it Dain, I know you will." Niveah said cheerfully. "If you can do it twice, you can do it again."

Dain rolled his shoulders. 'If it doesn't work,' he thought to himself, somewhat amused, 'get a bigger hammer'. He enjoyed the simplicity of it. He was no slouch when it came to puzzles, but it was refreshing to simply brute force things every once in a while. He took a half pace back from the door, cocked his right fist once more, and paused, gauging things. Then he uncoiled like a viper, and brought his fist crashing into the centre of the door.

On 6/26/2016 at 2:17 AM, Spikey844 said:

Dain rolled his shoulders. 'If it doesn't work,' he thought to himself, somewhat amused, 'get a bigger hammer'. He enjoyed the simplicity of it. He was no slouch when it came to puzzles, but it was refreshing to simply brute force things every once in a while. He took a half pace back from the door, cocked his right fist once more, and paused, gauging things. Then he uncoiled like a viper, and brought his fist crashing into the centre of the door.

[Strength check - Dain must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 11. Dain rolls a(n) 4. Unsuccessful!]

Dain would find that the door would not budge. The door would have no visible damage done to it, not even cosmetically. And with an immovable surface colliding with a moving one, it would surely make Dain recoil under the circumstances. 

"D, stop fooling around, we have to get this done!" Niveah said with a half-serious, half-joking tone.

The Mesa started shooting around the general area towards Lohk. Hopefully this will garner enough distraction from Lohk. Adalynn tried her psychic ability on the door once more.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 2. Adalynn rolls a(n) 20. Critical Success!]

The door would essentially vaporize from existence, with a shower of light and sparks. Jessica would be freed from her prison of darkness, essentially having the entire group be able to move away from the mind games. Everyone has fought their respective fears, everyone had succeeded or at least attempted something. Lohk wasn't necessarily pleased with this particular outcome, but admired the group's cohesive nature. A good trait to have in such tough times.

The room slowly faded into a hangar-like room. Looks like things are beginning to turn into a reality... or is it still an illusion?

"It has been a long time coming. All of you have reached this far to meet me. I know that some of you wish for my untimely end. Before we get to our confrontation, I would like to congratulate all of you for a job well done. My teaching methods are... very unorthodox to say the least. And I am by no means the greatest teacher. I have quite a ways, but given this instruction style... it has served only as a great and wonderful aid to encourage my death." The Excalibur spoke.

He sighed.

"Look, if you didn't want to fight, you could have just told us." Niveah said to the figure.

"But where is the fun in that? There is nothing to be taught! While I admit, my methods are completely brutish and blunt, it has served... some purpose. I hope you can at least see some value within it."

"Yeah, like having our nightmare trying to essentially come and kill us all. Look, I'm not here wanting to chat with a deranged killer who wants to turn brains into soup. And neither is my partner. So can it with-"

"Niveah, stop." Adalynn said. "Lohk, we're just here to get some supplies and get going."

Niveah shot a disapproving glare towards Adalynn. Looks like something is starting to bubble.

"I'm glad we can come to some accord, but seeing as some of your party is unwilling for such civil pleasantries, there are loose ends that need to be tied. Do any of you have any... particular questions? If so, then I suppose... there will be nothing that can be changed."