Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/ic, 18+] The Apocalypse - The Labyrinth.

Zeus154

"Look, I have seen and faced the figure. He is incredibly powerful with the way he can pull anyone into his realm." Adalynn responded to Yves. "But I agree; we need to find him. It would be the only way to do so."

The Tenno paced about, thinking about some potential locations.

"Yves, I'd suggest trying to pry into the cameras. See if you can dig up anything. Also, I'd suggest calling everyone. We need them to get a plan all sorted out."

"Will do." said Yves, tapping back into the cameras through his connection once more and sending out a blanket message to everyone in their general vicinity to meet up and come up with a plan to deal with the figure. As the message was broadcast, Yves found a seat and sat down, deep in thought.

"Why is he doing this? I know it's pretty hostile of him to do what he's been doing but... maybe there's a motive... I need to find a motive. Depending on whether or not his motive is redeemable, maybe he'd be redeemable too." he thought, frowning.

Snow wasn’t paying much attention to any of the goings on around her, she was simply stewing in a strange mixture of sadness, embarrassment, and anger. She felt lonely and helpless, she was lonely and helpless. She was at the mercy of these strangers and this bunker the moment she entered it, they could do anything to her, anything they wanted, and although nothing had happened so far, she knew enough about people to know that something would happen to her eventually. This revelation made her somewhat depressed, which was a rare state for her. She sighed and placed her left hand over her face, the other still covering her chest.

She heard the door open, and she heard voices speak. One was feminine, unknown to her, the other was clearly the Bird Man. She didn’t care what they were speaking about, but she still listened anyway. It was just simple conversation, nothing interesting, stupidity really. The Bird Man did remove his gun from her face though, which she did appreciate. He wasn’t flaunting his control over her anymore, and she felt more at ease, relaxed actually, and her mood did lift as a result. It wasn’t much though, and she still felt less-than-stellar.

She supposed it was better than nothing.

She removed her hand from her face, wanting to see the new visitor, but she did not like what she saw. It was a betrayer, another betrayer. How many betrayers were with this group? This was insanity, she had never seen so many betrayers in her life before, especially not in one place. She wasn’t particularly afraid of them, just unsettled. Their blank, faceless forms and their unnaturally agile and silent movements were disturbing to say the least.

Snow couldn’t think of anything to say, she just stared at the betrayer, a strange look in her eyes.

Seth looked over to Niveah as she arrived before he slowly stood up "No no, she just re-acted badly to waking up from Defib, main thing is she's up and walking rather then brain dead and drinking from a tube in her nose." he coughed stepped to one side next to Niveah, still pointing his pistol at her "And I'm fine, just took a few punches but nothing serious." he rolled his shoulders and took a few deep breaths "Diaphragm's partially paralysed but it'll function in a few seconds."

He then lowered his pistol and holstered it "May want to keep an eye on her" he whispered to Niveah "She's a tough Drahk but I assume Tenno are used to those." he replied to her, not in hate but more in knowing about her and her kin's capabilities then took a moment to sit down at a nearby crate to recover, recalling a Drahk in his old Lab on Neptune that often acted as a detterant or a guard dog for him and his fellow scientists but like most in the Empire, they often had a shorter lifespan.

Niveah nods.

'Seth is very much correct. Snow is a little unstable as a person. She can prove to be a possible asset or detriment to the team... I was once in that position. Knowing that, I hope she can get over that. But if she proves to be out of line, I will do my best to protect my friends and my love.'

Her hand briefly motioned to her behind, feeling that her dagger was still in place. Good.

Snow wasn’t paying much attention to any of the goings on around her, she was simply stewing in a strange mixture of sadness, embarrassment, and anger. She felt lonely and helpless, she was lonely and helpless. She was at the mercy of these strangers and this bunker the moment she entered it, they could do anything to her, anything they wanted, and although nothing had happened so far, she knew enough about people to know that something would happen to her eventually. This revelation made her somewhat depressed, which was a rare state for her. She sighed and placed her left hand over her face, the other still covering her chest.

She heard the door open, and she heard voices speak. One was feminine, unknown to her, the other was clearly the Bird Man. She didn’t care what they were speaking about, but she still listened anyway. It was just simple conversation, nothing interesting, stupidity really. The Bird Man did remove his gun from her face though, which she did appreciate. He wasn’t flaunting his control over her anymore, and she felt more at ease, relaxed actually, and her mood did lift as a result. It wasn’t much though, and she still felt less-than-stellar.

She supposed it was better than nothing.

She removed her hand from her face, wanting to see the new visitor, but she did not like what she saw. It was a betrayer, another betrayer. How many betrayers were with this group? This was insanity, she had never seen so many betrayers in her life before, especially not in one place. She wasn’t particularly afraid of them, just unsettled. Their blank, faceless forms and their unnaturally agile and silent movements were disturbing to say the least.

Snow couldn’t think of anything to say, she just stared at the betrayer, a strange look in her eyes.

The Tenno noticed the blank yet strange stare in Snow's eyes. She looked confused, bewildered, or at least "empty." Niveah folded her arms, getting a look at what we're dealing with. Given that Snow's body is exposed, it gives more than enough assumptions. She carried a lot of scars from fighting, tattoos of different designs, and her face plastered with a Corpus tattoo.

'Looks like there had been some previous history with Snow... I will have to keep an eye out.'

--Broadcast/Mess Hall--

"Will do." said Yves, tapping back into the cameras through his connection once more and sending out a blanket message to everyone in their general vicinity to meet up and come up with a plan to deal with the figure.

The Mesa caught a message from Yves.

"Looks like Adalynn wants to convene a small meeting." Niveah said casually. "Seth, you lead. Dain and I will be in the back. Snow, come with us."

With that, she opened the door and waved Dain over. It was time to get going.

//////

"Thank you, Yves." Adalynn responded.

She clasped her hands behind her back, pacing the room, thinking about his appearance and abilities. She might be onto something.

"He hasn't done very much in the terms of combat, aside from pulling us into an ethereal realm... His appearance suggests something though. One of his legs was missing. It was replaced with a MOA leg, but it looked a little off..." She spoke to herself, while rubbing the chin of her Menticide helmet. "There might be an underlying issue there..."

And so, the ideas are rolling...

"Thank you, Yves." Adalynn responded.

She clasped her hands behind her back, pacing the room, thinking about his appearance and abilities. She might be onto something.

"He hasn't done very much in the terms of combat, aside from pulling us into an ethereal realm... His appearance suggests something though. One of his legs was missing. It was replaced with a MOA leg, but it looked a little off..." She spoke to herself, while rubbing the chin of her Menticide helmet. "There might be an underlying issue there..."

And so, the ideas are rolling...

Once the message was sent, Yves leaned against the wall in thought as he tried to think about the figure. He realised that the figure has been mostly polite thus far, rather cordial and not even overly hostile, mind invasion aside. He hasn't really been trying to attack them outside of the actual invasion, everything else was just taunting. So he had an ulterior motive for invading their minds but what could it be? Sharing his thoughts with Adalynn, Yves posited that there may be a reason why the figure is doing what he's doing. Perhaps he's suicidal but unable to kill himself and wants them to find him and kill him by making the group rally against him.

Dain leant against the wall of the mess hall. He snorted when Yves proposed his idea of the motives behind their psychic attacker.

"Sometimes Yves, its useless trying to figure out why your enemy does what he does. In those cases its better to just figure out how to remove him." He stood properly. "In anycase, he has been attacking us to glean information about us. He told me less than an hour ago, back in the Med-bay." He rolled his shoulders, feeling the new energies surging through his warframe. He had finally, after much swearing, managed to get his shields back online. It seemed his mods were still active, since they were higher than their maximum base, but not as high as they were prior to crash-landing on Europa. Now it would be much harder to take him down, an already difficult task due to his warframe and natural size and strength.

Once the message was sent, Yves leaned against the wall in thought as he tried to think about the figure. He realised that the figure has been mostly polite thus far, rather cordial and not even overly hostile, mind invasion aside. He hasn't really been trying to attack them outside of the actual invasion, everything else was just taunting. So he had an ulterior motive for invading their minds but what could it be? Sharing his thoughts with Adalynn, Yves posited that there may be a reason why the figure is doing what he's doing. Perhaps he's suicidal but unable to kill himself and wants them to find him and kill him by making the group rally against him.

Dain leant against the wall of the mess hall. He snorted when Yves proposed his idea of the motives behind their psychic attacker.

"Sometimes Yves, its useless trying to figure out why your enemy does what he does. In those cases its better to just figure out how to remove him." He stood properly. "In anycase, he has been attacking us to glean information about us. He told me less than an hour ago, back in the Med-bay." He rolled his shoulders, feeling the new energies surging through his warframe. He had finally, after much swearing, managed to get his shields back online. It seemed his mods were still active, since they were higher than their maximum base, but not as high as they were prior to crash-landing on Europa. Now it would be much harder to take him down, an already difficult task due to his warframe and natural size and strength.

"I won't rule it out, but... given has the will to mentally warp minds, you could assume that his mental state might have driven him to such lengths." Adalynn politely countered. "For all we know, it could be a ghost from Corpus past that is haunting us."

The Nyx turned to Dain and Niveah, both who returned from the Medical facility. Snow was in tow.

"It is true. It seemed like he was trying to pry information from us. We don't know what information, but all I can remember is the thought wanting to meet at some point." Niveah said to Adalynn. "If anything, I guess he's eager to meet us."

"Hmm, that's an interesting thought... Looks like we're at an impasse for information. He knows of us, yet we know little about him." The Nyx thought out loud.

"Besides that, we have another member. She seems to be on the more aggressive side." Niveah added in.

The Mesa waved her hand over to Snow, who had followed Seth, Niveah, and Dain. Snow didn't look all to pleasant, given that her body was a little exposed. But there was little time for decency. Adalynn took a couple steps, to get a good look at the Corpus. She didn't necessarily like what she saw. She felt a little tense, uneasy. Snow just had an aura of major suspicion around her, which the Tenno didn't like. Questions.

"So, you're our newest member?" The Nyx questioned. "What brings you here?"

Seth just listened to Yves quietly as they speculated on theories about this strange being, stroking his masked chin as he pondered. "It's possible that these CORPUS were remnents of rogue CORPUS hired by Alad V to experiment on Tenno technology, perhaps this Facade is the result." he replied in theory.

As Snow stared at the betrayer, the betrayer stared back at her.  Though that thing lacked eyes, she could feel its gaze pierce her very being.  What was it looking for?  She didn’t know what, but it had to have been looking for something.  She could feel it scan her exposed body, searching every nook and cranny; memorizing every scar, every patch of ink, every last detail.  She was not a fan of any of this, it felt like she was being dissected by some faceless surgeon for no reason other than the simple joy of tearing another apart.  She felt unnerved, uncomfortable, and even slightly embarrassed.  The betrayer’s gaze made her realize once again that her torso was exposed, so she moved to rectify that, fumbling for the zipper that should have been located by her waist, but never breaking eye contact with the betrayer; if she were to do so, she would lose the last of what dignity remained within her.  Much to her surprise however, she couldn’t find the zipper.  She searched harder, fumbling a bit faster now, and probably looking fairly awkward in the process, but…

It wasn’t there.

Upon this realization, her gaze momentarily shifted back to the Bird Man.  It was one of ire, although faint.  In his rush to defibrillate her, he must not have taken great care in unclothing her.  Sure, it had been old and worn, frozen too, but it wouldn’t have been too hard to just… finesse it open.  Although, his lack of tact did not surprise her.  The Bird Man was a Grineer, and Grineer were stupid brutes with an unfounded and single-minded hatred for everyone, and an idiotic belief that they were a perfect people.  The Grineer truly were pathetic, and that is why she hated them.

Which meant she hated the Bird Man too.

But it was not the time to dwell on her hatred and the idiocy of the Bird Man and his fellow kind, so she diverted her attention back to the betrayer and covering herself as best as she could, pushing her arms into those of her jumpsuit and pulling the rest of it on.  The front of it didn’t stay closed well at all, but it was better than the nothing caused by the stupid Grineer.  Once she was done with that, the betrayer before her gestured for those in the room to follow her.  She didn’t know where, but she was not in the position to argue, so she slowly, carefully slid off the bed she was currently sitting on and followed the betrayer, leaving her belongings behind.  Walking was not a pleasant experience, due to her having just been brought back from the brink not minutes ago.  Her balance was off, her steps were wobbly, but she managed as best as she could, using the wall to assist her balance when she needed it.

She wondered where the betrayer was taking her, but she wasn’t as worried of death as she was before.  If they were going to kill her, they would have done so when they had first met, or they would have taken the multitude of chances they had been presented with so far.  There was no reason to let her live as long as she had, so instead of trepidation, there was mere curiosity.  This place was sprawling and labyrinthine, and it seemed as if the halls were constantly shifting and changing.  They didn’t pass anywhere that seemed remotely familiar to her, so how did this betrayer know where it was going?  She had always wondered how they managed to navigate anywhere they went like they had lived there for their entire lives, assuming betrayers were living creatures, and not some strange automatons of Orokin make.

Then again, it didn’t matter how betrayers knew where to go, all that mattered is that they did know where to go.  And just like every other betrayer she had ever seen, this one went where it wanted to.

The room they ended up in was large, had many tables, and was poorly lit like every other room in this bunker.  It looked like a mess hall, but instead of fresh food waiting for her, there were only more people, and more betrayers, but one of them in particular stood out to her.  That betrayer in particular possessed a feminine form, with a highly sleek and simple design.  It took a few steps toward her, and she could once again feel that eyeless gaze pierce her person.  What was it with betrayers and sizing people up?  That’s all they had done to her from the moment she had run into this party.  She thought it was pretty stupid personally, why judge people when you could simply kill them and take their stuff?  She didn’t see any reason not to, but these people obviously did.

Suddenly, the betrayer spoke.  It wanted to know why she was here.

“Oh, you know.  It was sunny out, there was a warm breeze in the air, so I decided to take a walk…”  She began.  Her voice was dry, nonchalant.  She spoke as if she were telling the truth, and her face mirrored that.  This time, that smirk was not present.  “And, well… I happened upon this place, and I thought to myself ‘You know what might be a great idea, me?  Delving into a random bunker for absolutely no reason!’”

And then she crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged.

“And here we are.”

Another push of the ice-pick and the locker door cracked open, and Jessica could breathe out. She was worried she’d be stuck in there for a sec. Happy to be out of that cramped space she picked up her bag and started to head out of the room to go take a look at that third door she had seen. But when she came out of the locker room, the appearance of the hallway was not as she remembered.

That third door that had been there was gone, nowhere to be seen, leaving only the path of which she came from as an option. Retracing her own footsteps didn’t turn out to be as easy ether. She could find traces of her being there, but it looked all wrong. As if the hallways had been re arranged. There were also moments when she could have sworn that she was walking in a different direction than the halls had been when she got there.

All this was really starting to get on Jessica’s nerves and she was starting to feel paranoid and even question her own sanity. “That locker incident just shook me up that’s all. It’s just claustrophobia screwing with my brain” She tried to tell herself, repeatedly, as if trying to convince herself that she wasn’t going mad.

Then faint sounds reached her ears from somewhere ahead. Voices? And many of them too by the sound of it. Her grip on her gun and ice-pick tightened as she carefully and on high alert stalked down the hallway. She had tried to find some other way to walk but no matter what she had done she always seemed to end up in this direction.

There wasn’t supposed to be people here. This was so remote and getting information of where this place even “might” be was hard to come by, and yet there seemed to be a rather large crowd here. Was that Grineer she had hid from inside the locker one of them? Could it be raiders? She hoped not. That would take a lot to get out of. Especially since she wasn’t sure she’d find her way out.

So in lack of other options, Jess stalked closer, trying to find something good to hide behind and maybe get a look at what sort of people was down here with her.

On 2/23/2016 at 7:05 AM, TheSteelWolf97 said:

Another push of the ice-pick and the locker door cracked open, and Jessica could breathe out. She was worried she’d be stuck in there for a sec. Happy to be out of that cramped space she picked up her bag and started to head out of the room to go take a look at that third door she had seen. But when she came out of the locker room, the appearance of the hallway was not as she remembered.

That third door that had been there was gone, nowhere to be seen, leaving only the path of which she came from as an option. Retracing her own footsteps didn’t turn out to be as easy ether. She could find traces of her being there, but it looked all wrong. As if the hallways had been re arranged. There were also moments when she could have sworn that she was walking in a different direction than the halls had been when she got there.

All this was really starting to get on Jessica’s nerves and she was starting to feel paranoid and even question her own sanity. “That locker incident just shook me up that’s all. It’s just claustrophobia screwing with my brain” She tried to tell herself, repeatedly, as if trying to convince herself that she wasn’t going mad.

Then faint sounds reached her ears from somewhere ahead. Voices? And many of them too by the sound of it. Her grip on her gun and ice-pick tightened as she carefully and on high alert stalked down the hallway. She had tried to find some other way to walk but no matter what she had done she always seemed to end up in this direction.

There wasn’t supposed to be people here. This was so remote and getting information of where this place even “might” be was hard to come by, and yet there seemed to be a rather large crowd here. Was that Grineer she had hid from inside the locker one of them? Could it be raiders? She hoped not. That would take a lot to get out of. Especially since she wasn’t sure she’d find her way out.

So in lack of other options, Jess stalked closer, trying to find something good to hide behind and maybe get a look at what sort of people was down here with her.

Whilst attempting to find the figure through camera surveillance, Yves spotted a figure moving closer whilst cycling through different camera feeds. He frowned and wordlessly blended into the shadows, activating his seldom-used cloaking device to let him get the upper hand.

Upon reaching a position where he flanked the figure, he got a closer look once he switched vision modes and discovered that he was looking at a human woman. Drawing his knife, he slowly approached the woman from the rear and grabbed her, holding her securely with the blade held near her neck. 

"Don't move a muscle." he growled softly into her ear. "Who are you and why are you stalking us?"

--Deceit--

On 2/23/2016 at 11:32 PM, 011100110110000101101101 said:

As Snow stared at the betrayer, the betrayer stared back at her.  Though that thing lacked eyes, she could feel its gaze pierce her very being.  What was it looking for?  She didn’t know what, but it had to have been looking for something.  She could feel it scan her exposed body, searching every nook and cranny; memorizing every scar, every patch of ink, every last detail.  She was not a fan of any of this, it felt like she was being dissected by some faceless surgeon for no reason other than the simple joy of tearing another apart.  She felt unnerved, uncomfortable, and even slightly embarrassed.  The betrayer’s gaze made her realize once again that her torso was exposed, so she moved to rectify that, fumbling for the zipper that should have been located by her waist, but never breaking eye contact with the betrayer; if she were to do so, she would lose the last of what dignity remained within her.  Much to her surprise however, she couldn’t find the zipper.  She searched harder, fumbling a bit faster now, and probably looking fairly awkward in the process, but…

It wasn’t there.

Upon this realization, her gaze momentarily shifted back to the Bird Man.  It was one of ire, although faint.  In his rush to defibrillate her, he must not have taken great care in unclothing her.  Sure, it had been old and worn, frozen too, but it wouldn’t have been too hard to just… finesse it open.  Although, his lack of tact did not surprise her.  The Bird Man was a Grineer, and Grineer were stupid brutes with an unfounded and single-minded hatred for everyone, and an idiotic belief that they were a perfect people.  The Grineer truly were pathetic, and that is why she hated them.

Which meant she hated the Bird Man too.

But it was not the time to dwell on her hatred and the idiocy of the Bird Man and his fellow kind, so she diverted her attention back to the betrayer and covering herself as best as she could, pushing her arms into those of her jumpsuit and pulling the rest of it on.  The front of it didn’t stay closed well at all, but it was better than the nothing caused by the stupid Grineer.  Once she was done with that, the betrayer before her gestured for those in the room to follow her.  She didn’t know where, but she was not in the position to argue, so she slowly, carefully slid off the bed she was currently sitting on and followed the betrayer, leaving her belongings behind.  Walking was not a pleasant experience, due to her having just been brought back from the brink not minutes ago.  Her balance was off, her steps were wobbly, but she managed as best as she could, using the wall to assist her balance when she needed it.

She wondered where the betrayer was taking her, but she wasn’t as worried of death as she was before.  If they were going to kill her, they would have done so when they had first met, or they would have taken the multitude of chances they had been presented with so far.  There was no reason to let her live as long as she had, so instead of trepidation, there was mere curiosity.  This place was sprawling and labyrinthine, and it seemed as if the halls were constantly shifting and changing.  They didn’t pass anywhere that seemed remotely familiar to her, so how did this betrayer know where it was going?  She had always wondered how they managed to navigate anywhere they went like they had lived there for their entire lives, assuming betrayers were living creatures, and not some strange automatons of Orokin make.

Then again, it didn’t matter how betrayers knew where to go, all that mattered is that they did know where to go.  And just like every other betrayer she had ever seen, this one went where it wanted to.

The room they ended up in was large, had many tables, and was poorly lit like every other room in this bunker.  It looked like a mess hall, but instead of fresh food waiting for her, there were only more people, and more betrayers, but one of them in particular stood out to her.  That betrayer in particular possessed a feminine form, with a highly sleek and simple design.  It took a few steps toward her, and she could once again feel that eyeless gaze pierce her person.  What was it with betrayers and sizing people up?  That’s all they had done to her from the moment she had run into this party.  She thought it was pretty stupid personally, why judge people when you could simply kill them and take their stuff?  She didn’t see any reason not to, but these people obviously did.

Suddenly, the betrayer spoke.  It wanted to know why she was here.

“Oh, you know.  It was sunny out, there was a warm breeze in the air, so I decided to take a walk…”  She began.  Her voice was dry, nonchalant.  She spoke as if she were telling the truth, and her face mirrored that.  This time, that smirk was not present.  “And, well… I happened upon this place, and I thought to myself ‘You know what might be a great idea, me?  Delving into a random bunker for absolutely no reason!’”

And then she crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged.

“And here we are.”

Niveah kept a fair reach about Snow. She intently listened in on the conversation.

[Deception Check - Snow must roll against Adalynn. Adalynn rolls a(n) 17. Snow rolls a(n) 4. Failed!]

The Nyx felt very unsure about Snow. The group has met many strangers over the course of their journey. With everyone they have met, it has a decent indication that some people are friendly, though something was very off from Snow. The Tenno felt a troubling aura around the Corpus.

"Look, I don't know what you're doing here, but lying like this isn't going to help you." Adalynn responded. "Snow, "

"If I can interject, I'm not so sure you should believe her, Adalynn." Niveah commented. "She's ruthless. She has lied twice already, what makes you think that she couldn't do it again? And if that's not enough, she went ahead and assaulted the doctor! Snow has not been grateful of the privileges given to her. She deceived us, and we helped her, and she decides to attack a fellow member? I suggest keeping a tight leash."

"Duly noted. Well, now that is out of the way, do you any more things that you need to cover up? I am much more powerful than you think."

[Intimidation check - Adalynn must roll a(n) 15.  16 rolled. Pass!]

Snow might feel a little intimidated with Adalynn's taunt, if she isn't she might be in for more than she had bargained for. Hopefully things do not be come rash quickly.

--Struggle!--

On 2/23/2016 at 3:05 PM, TheSteelWolf97 said:

On 2/26/2016 at 0:13 PM, MetroFallout said:

Whilst attempting to find the figure through camera surveillance, Yves spotted a figure moving closer whilst cycling through different camera feeds. He frowned and wordlessly blended into the shadows, activating his seldom-used cloaking device to let him get the upper hand.

Upon reaching a position where he flanked the figure, he got a closer look once he switched vision modes and discovered that he was looking at a human woman. Drawing his knife, he slowly approached the woman from the rear and grabbed her, holding her securely with the blade held near her neck. 

"Don't move a muscle." he growled softly into her ear. "Who are you and why are you stalking us?"

[Strength Check - Grapple - Jessica must roll against Yves.]

[Jessica rolled a(n) 16.]

[Yves rolled a(n) 3]

Jessica will break free from the grapple, giving her the opportunity to move away, explain herself, or defend against her possible assailant. The option is now hers.

--Thoughts--

"There is only much time left that I have. Knowing that I have created a bad decision for myself, I cannot really pity it. There has to be something comes of this, and I know what I must do. I know their fears, I know their breaking points, their core weaknesses. I know what needs to be done."

The figure paced around.

"And their reward for this journey thus far? It will be on a far grander scale than they could ever hope. While it looks unappealing, rather decrepit, it will serve more of their needs, than it has mine. I have no particular use for it. If they can overcome what is to happen, they can enjoy the fruits of their labor."

All the others convened together to discuss a pressing matter, one of which Lusith was none-the-wiser to as of this moment, although it sounded urgent from the tone of the matter.  It wasn't Lusith's business yet, however, so she'd have little interest in the discussion and events to come.  She would have left after her discussion, if you'd like to call it that, with Adalynn to wander into a lone hallway near the cafeteria that they holed up in, silently letting her body rest against a wall and slide down against her back slowly until she came to rest on her hind.  The wing design on the back made this somewhat hard for her to slide, though.

Lusith was reflecting on the events she had been through with the group as of so far, actually having grown to acknowledge the more long term members as almost a sort of family.  Were they all present still?  Not so much.  A few members had left over time, going their own ways.  There were a few she regretfully had come to miss.  Names such as Rin, and Galahad would come to mind.  Why the Loki one may ask?  Well, he seemed like a gentleman beneath the tough albeit-fear-induced exterior.  She actually felt a tinge guilty after watching what happened to him.  The Valkyr was at least happy when he healed up well.

Back on topic however...  What was Yves talking about, anyway?  A shadowy man of sorts.  He could mentally attack people?  Sounds like a problem for sure, one that would have to be dealt with soon.  As of right now, Lusith wanted nothing more than to nap in the world.  A nice, relaxing nap without risk of attack by whatever the hell this bunker would throw at them.  At this point, she wouldn't be surprised if a Zanuka Hunter came at her when she least expected it.  A nap...  Lusith was tired.  It was all she could think about, to sleep..  To just wrap her arms around her legs, and bury her face into her knees and fall asleep...  Almost as if... She could do it... Right where she sat...

A peaceful rest.

On 2016-02-26 at 9:13 PM, MetroFallout said:

On 2016-02-28 at 4:43 AM, Zeus154 said:

--Struggle!--

[Strength Check - Grapple - Jessica must roll against Yves.]

[Jessica rolled a(n) 16.]

[Yves rolled a(n) 3]

Jessica will break free from the grapple, giving her the opportunity to move away, explain herself, or defend against her possible assailant. The option is now hers.

Something was off, she could feel it, but she was still caught by surprise as she felt someone grab her and uncomfortably close to her ear say something. She didn't hear what it was however over the sound of her own heart beating like it had a drum solo in her throat. All she could think of was that someone had managed to sneak up on her. Or crept up more like it.

The flash of fear quickly turned to anger. Some strange man had grabbed her and was breathing down her neck. Some strange man had snuck up on her and grabbed her. She had to get away. She had to break free from this creep. Or ghost, or whatever he was.

Jess regained control over her body again and forced herself out of the man's grip and in reflex as she moved away from her attacker, half turned and swung her ice-pick toward his temple.

--Attack!--

4 hours ago, TheSteelWolf97 said:

Something was off, she could feel it, but she was still caught by surprise as she felt someone grab her and uncomfortably close to her ear say something. She didn't hear what it was however over the sound of her own heart beating like it had a drum solo in her throat. All she could think of was that someone had managed to sneak up on her. Or crept up more like it.

The flash of fear quickly turned to anger. Some strange man had grabbed her and was breathing down her neck. Some strange man had snuck up on her and grabbed her. She had to get away. She had to break free from this creep. Or ghost, or whatever he was.

Jess regained control over her body again and forced herself out of the man's grip and in reflex as she moved away from her attacker, half turned and swung her ice-pick toward his temple.

[Strength Check - Block - Yves must roll against Jessica]

[Yves rolls a(n) 11.]

[Jessica rolls a(n) 20.]

With either sheer strength or incredible luck, Jessica's ice-pick seemed to swing like Thor's mighty hammer and struck through the skull of Yves, penetrating inside, as if it were tissue paper. His brain and skull, now bearing a large gaping hole, blood, pooling and spewing from the newly-made orifice, he wouldn't be able to survive. No one would be able to survive with a swing like that, let alone have a large object enter into your head.

It is at this time, that Yves has suffered his untimely end.

[Stealth Check - Noise - Jessica must roll against several people]

[Adalynn rolls a(n) 1.]

[Dain rolls a(n) 6.]

[Niveah rolls a(n) 2.]

[Lusith rolls a(n) 16.]

[Seth rolls a(n) 16.]

[Jessica rolls a(n) 12.]

Adalynn and Niveah were rather infatuated with the conversation they had with Snow, trying to pry information from her, through non-aggressive means, however, it doesn't mean that other people have heard sounds. Seth and Lusith would be able to make out some sounds from one of the hall entrances. Looks like things might get a little personal in a minute.

Edited by Zeus154

7 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

--Attack!--

Hidden Content

For a moment, Jessica felt as if she was paralyzed. She heard the sickening crack as her ice pick penetrated the bone of the temple. Then the squishy sound of it thrashing the brain matter. Then the blood. So much blood. It all felt so unreal. She had been forced to kill before, but that had never been on this close a distance. Injured, yes, but never killed someone this close.

She looked at the now unmoving silent body and then looked down herself. Her previously snow white parka had been tainted with blood spatter. Red on white. Then reality tugged her back and she was close to panic.

It was self-defence, she repeated over and over in her head. He jumped me! He was obviously out to do her harm, like so many raiders had before, why else would he sneak up on her like that? She shuddered at the thought of that man breathing down her neck. And felt disgusted as she knelt down to retrieve her improvised weapon. She was even more disgusted at the sounds it made as she tried to force it out of the man's skull.

Then she remembered, she had heard more people in close proximity. Was this creep one of them? Should she run? Should she explain? She'd never be able to get out of here if an entire party was at her heels.

Jess let go of the ice-pick and backtracked herself a bit back down the hall. Trying to find a place to conceal herself while still being able to see the body, and any other one approaching it. That way the first thing someone would see wouldn't be her standing over that dead man. Hopefully she'd get a chance to explain herself that way.

But there was still a little voice in the back of her head telling her that she should run for it. This man had tried to kill her, whoever else had been with him wouldn't hesitate to try the same.

Seth perked his eyebrows for a moment as he looked over to the Hall entrance, gripping his Marelok pistol then walking swiftly but cautiously to the entrance where he heard the noises "Whoever's there, Come out with your hands up and I swear on my honour as a Doctor and a Servant of the Queen you will not be harmed or shot." he shouted out as he pulled the hammer back on his marelok.

The paranoid side of him was going off like a electric spark in a fireplace wanting to alight an empty gas canister, his eyes moving from side to side as he looked around for what made that noise.

Edited by Drakeardian

Jessica was looking all around the hallway just to find something to hide behind. But before she could do that she could hear a voice shouting from the direction she was trying to get away from. Telling her that she would not be shot if she came out with her hands up. But it was a grineer. Another grineer, he even told her that much.

Grineer couldn’t be trusted. But what choice did she have? Jess stopped and looked back at the body behind her, and then to the door, and then ahead of her. If she ran there was a risk of whomever was in there would come after her and get her before she could find her way out. These corridors and hallways were starting to scare her. She could have sworn they were changing.

But Jess knew she had heard other voices too. Were they all Grineer? Or were there others. She had come across larger groups that had a mix of people. Then again, most of those had been raiders.

Her heart was racing, and so was her mind. She could feel her body trembling but she wasn’t sure if it was just the adrenaline from when she was jumped or from the fear she was feeling now. She felt trapped. Like an animal pushed into a corner.

Without her even noticing it at first, Jess started moving towards the doors, and that voice. Her breathing was shaking as she reached the doors. She tried to regain some control over it but it was hard when a part of her was screaming “Run you idiot!” in the back of her head.

Jess swallowed hard before putting her gun away and put her hands above her head. “I’m coming out!” She called before slowly moving out from the doors. She was still shaking as she stood face to face with the weirdest looking Grineer she had seen so far, and so was her voice as she repeated “He jumped me, he jumped me! I didn’t mean to! But he jumped me!"

"Oh stars, what have I done, I should have made a run for it" She thought to herself as she was freaking out. 

1 hour ago, TheSteelWolf97 said:

Jessica was looking all around the hallway just to find something to hide behind. But before she could do that she could hear a voice shouting from the direction she was trying to get away from. Telling her that she would not be shot if she came out with her hands up. But it was a grineer. Another grineer, he even told her that much.

Grineer couldn’t be trusted. But what choice did she have? Jess stopped and looked back at the body behind her, and then to the door, and then ahead of her. If she ran there was a risk of whomever was in there would come after her and get her before she could find her way out. These corridors and hallways were starting to scare her. She could have sworn they were changing.

But Jess knew she had heard other voices too. Were they all Grineer? Or were there others. She had come across larger groups that had a mix of people. Then again, most of those had been raiders.

Her heart was racing, and so was her mind. She could feel her body trembling but she wasn’t sure if it was just the adrenaline from when she was jumped or from the fear she was feeling now. She felt trapped. Like an animal pushed into a corner.

Without her even noticing it at first, Jess started moving towards the doors, and that voice. Her breathing was shaking as she reached the doors. She tried to regain some control over it but it was hard when a part of her was screaming “Run you idiot!” in the back of her head.

Jess swallowed hard before putting her gun away and put her hands above her head. “I’m coming out!” She called before slowly moving out from the doors. She was still shaking as she stood face to face with the weirdest looking Grineer she had seen so far, and so was her voice as she repeated “He jumped me, he jumped me! I didn’t mean to! But he jumped me!"

"Oh stars, what have I done, I should have made a run for it" She thought to herself as she was freaking out. 

"Take it easy, deep breaths." said Seth as he kept his hand on his Marelok, slowly approaching, being mindful that this woman might have done something, he didn't think on that now, he had to disable this woman first. "Keep your hands behind your head and walk backards towards me slowly." he ordered, preparing a leather belt he kept in his coat to act as makeshift handcuffs.

He was mentally stroking his chin as he asked the woman "Who jumped you?" politely and calmly so he may lessen the tension somewhat., he looked about for a moment before contacting the rest of the group. "Doctor Raam here, I need backup at the hall entrance, If you're listening also Adalynn, I'd like you to see this please."

Edited by Drakeardian

Deep within the fallen space hulk that was the corpus vessel a spark ignited through the snow, transferring through the naked wiring and synthetic muscle fibers of a proxy. That spark as enough to chain throughout the structure, jumping and splitting between muscle fibers and wiring, spreading through the dormant body. Eventually the spark reached the core of the proxy providing a life-giving spark and soon enough breathing life into the dormant machine once again. Coolant began pumping, diagnostics ran, servos fired off, and finally it rose twitchy and new. It's optical sensors lit up and searched around, it was dark cramped even, readings scrolled over the optic nerves.

Mark III Zanuka Hunter prototype, designation 104-H2;

Location... Unknown;

Objective... Not Applicable;

Status... Undamaged sub-note: Unarmored;

Current Objective... Escape confinement, reach superiors, triangulate location, receive equipment and proper objective.

With that the machine had finished it's shake down sequence and set it's own objective it quickly scanned the surroundings finding a structural weak-point set along the edge of the corner of the containment unit. The plasma rifle atop it's back arched up and took aim blasting at the weak-points, it's voice crackled, "Structure compromised." Only seconds afterward did it lunge forward ramming the wall causing it to topple outward spilling into the cold and echoing room that was at once point the landing bay of this corpus vessel. Slowly the hunter stepped from it's container to the frozen wastes scanning it's surroundings, 'location landing platform 11. Observation planet Europa confirmation needed.'

With that the hunter ran a quick schematic of it's memory of the ship locating any maintenance bay nearby and proceeding to that location slowly and weary of it's surroundings. The exposed synthetic musculature snapping tight and relaxing slightly within the rubbery skin that covered the fibers giving the mechanical creature a strangely alive look. It stalked slowly through the halls towards it's objective, navigating the shattered halls of the once glorious space vessel.

Edited by Astralin

21 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

"Take it easy, deep breaths." said Seth as he kept his hand on his Marelok, slowly approaching, being mindful that this woman might have done something, he didn't think on that now, he had to disable this woman first. "Keep your hands behind your head and walk backards towards me slowly." he ordered, preparing a leather belt he kept in his coat to act as makeshift handcuffs.

He was mentally stroking his chin as he asked the woman "Who jumped you?" politely and calmly so he may lessen the tension somewhat., he looked about for a moment before contacting the rest of the group. "Doctor Raam here, I need backup at the hall entrance, If you're listening also Adalynn, I'd like you to see this please."

'Never a dull moment huh?' Dain thought, as Seth's words echoed across the comm. He straightened up from where he was leaning on the wall, drawing his Lex in the process.

"I'll go help the good doctor," he rumbled, mentally checking over his shields and his remaining ammunition. He crossed to the door with only a few massive strides. As a precaution, he detached his kukri knife from his shoulder, gripping it with his right hand. With the thumb of his left, he flicked the safety catch off. He stepped into the hall way, moving to stand near to Seth, his heavy pistol levelled at their new arrival.

"Another stray?" Dain chuckled darkly, attempting to convey a small amount of menace. While he was normally kind hearted, he was also fiercely protective of those he considered his friends. A new person was an unknown quantity. Better to leave them scared, they were more likely to cooperate that way.

Jessica moved toward the Grineer slowly. She was still shaking but strangely enough she did as the Grineer said and took deep breaths. Breaths which thankfully got filtered through her own grineer mask so that the air wasn’t as cold when it reached her lungs.

Then he stared asking more questions. “I-I don’t know! Some guy snuck up on me, grabbed me and breathed down my neck. I didn’t take a good look at him. I’m so sorry!”

Any effort on trying to calm down pretty much went down the drain when she saw a fully armoured and armed Tenno walk up next to the Grineer. If it was intimidation he was going for then he had succeeded. There were so many horrible ways this one could kill or maim her in that the thought of it caused her heartbeat to be the only thing she could hear clearly. On the other, possibly brighter side, this proved that the group, however large, wasn’t all Grineer.

"Don't know, Don't care." said Seth to Dain as he started to tie Jess's hands together, Afterwards he patted Jessica on the shoulder "Shhh, it's alright, it's alright." he then looked to Dain "Go check it out, I need to make sure she's not harmed in any way." he then walked around Jess, kneeling down to look at her face to face, or mask to mask, the plague doctor wearing Seth spoke to her in a polite manner, his paranoia settling down now that she was secured.

"How about we start with names, I'm Doctor Seth Raam, That was Dain over there." he motioned to the large hulk of a Rhino "What's your name?"

Edited by Drakeardian

Trapped. Now she was definitely trapped, and she had let herself be trapped willingly. She felt stupid and the knowledge that she couldn’t move freely was really freaking her out. But what strangely did help the situation was how calm the Grineer was, sounded and acted. Jess couldn’t recall having met a Grineer like that. Mostly they shouted, tried to kill her or steal her scavenged stuff.

“I...I’m Jessica” It was stupid, but she felt as if she left herself exposed by telling her name. Not that it could possibly make her situation worse now as she was already back bound.

Dain nodded in response to Seth's words. He could just make out the shape of a foot sticking out around the door, but it was indistinct in the shadows.

He stepped around the door, pulling out his small torch, then pointed it at the body, flicking it on.

He swore, loudly.

It was Yves. The cyborg lay face first on the floor, an icepick buried in his temple, the point almost up to the handle deep in his skull.

Dead... Most assuredly dead.

He hadn't noticed when the infiltrator had vanished from the room until after Yves had gone, and had quietly wondered where he had gone.  Now I know... he thought darkly. With a sigh, he holstered his pistol. Yves death was his own fault, if the girl was to be believed. That was why he didn't really sneak much. Targets can be hard to predict. Rolling the man over, the Tenno closed Yves' eyes, then murmured a short prayer. While not wildly religious, he did believe that something created the universe. He scooped up the body, then turned and stepped back around the door.

"Seth... We're down a man." His voice was slightly sad, as well as quiet.

With hardly a response from Snow, Adalynn decided to have Niveah keep watch. The Nyx gave the cue for the action, with a nod in response from the other member. Niveah unhinged one of her Peacemaker pistols and leveled it to Snow's head, ready to pull the trigger, if something was to go wrong.

--Questions--

On 3/7/2016 at 4:05 PM, Drakeardian said:

"He was mentally stroking his chin as he asked the woman "Who jumped you?" politely and calmly so he may lessen the tension somewhat., he looked about for a moment before contacting the rest of the group. "Doctor Raam here, I need backup at the hall entrance, If you're listening also Adalynn, I'd like you to see this please."

With the radio signal being a little fritz, she was able to make out the message. With the fact that Seth had essentially called the entire group over, this means trouble. Adalynn had some worry in her mind, her stomach having some butterflies. She was nervous of what was to come.

On 3/7/2016 at 1:24 PM, Spikey844 said:

'Never a dull moment huh?' Dain thought, as Seth's words echoed across the comm. He straightened up from where he was leaning on the wall, drawing his Lex in the process.

"I'll go help the good doctor," he rumbled, mentally checking over his shields and his remaining ammunition. He crossed to the door with only a few massive strides. As a precaution, he detached his kukri knife from his shoulder, gripping it with his right hand. With the thumb of his left, he flicked the safety catch off. He stepped into the hall way, moving to stand near to Seth, his heavy pistol levelled at their new arrival.

"Another stray?" Dain chuckled darkly, attempting to convey a small amount of menace. While he was normally kind hearted, he was also fiercely protective of those he considered his friends. A new person was an unknown quantity. Better to leave them scared, they were more likely to cooperate that way.

With Dain at the scene, it looks like things were going to be a little crazy.

With the fact that Adalynn had arrived late to the scene, Jessica was already bound by Seth, with Dain watching it made things a little more nerve-wracking than it should be. She wasn't really filled in with the situation. All she knew is that Seth needed her aid, but didn't know what for.

"Seth? You called me here?" Adalynn responded. "Is there we should talk about, with this new member?"

1 minute ago, Spikey844 said:

Dain nodded in response to Seth's words. He could just make out the shape of a foot sticking out around the door, but it was indistinct in the shadows.

He stepped around the door, pulling out his small torch, then pointed it at the body, flicking it on.

He swore, loudly.

It was Yves. The cyborg lay face first on the floor, an icepick buried in his temple, the point almost up to the handle deep in his skull.

Dead... Most assuredly dead.

He hadn't noticed when the infiltrator had vanished from the room until after Yves had gone, and had quietly wondered where he had gone.  Now I know... he thought darkly. With a sigh, he holstered his pistol. Yves death was his own fault, if the girl was to be believed. That was why he didn't really sneak much. Targets can be hard to predict. Rolling the man over, the Tenno closed Yves' eyes, then murmured a short prayer. While not wildly religious, he did believe that something created the universe. He scooped up the body, then turned and stepped back around the door.

"Seth... We're down a man." His voice was slightly sad, as well as quiet.

Yves' head had been destroyed. His brain looked almost scrambled, the side of his skull completely shattered. Crimson and grey matter oozed from the wound, pooling underneath the cyborg's corpse. It was not a pretty sight. Adalynn had no words. There were no words. The Tenno stared down in silence, looking at the dead body.
After a long moment of silence, she looked over toward the hallway, looking at the perpetrator. She was the one who caused this, she was the one who killed Yves. This became a dilemma. Was she to be killed? Spared? Many thoughts ran through Adalynn's mind, thinking of a solution. She could only think that she was a terrible leader. Someone had died under her watch. While it wasn't necessarily her fault for Yves' heedless decision, she oddly felt that she was at fault for his death.
"S-Seth, what are we going t-to do?" Adalynn asked.

--Sensory awareness--

On 3/7/2016 at 1:15 PM, Astralin said:

Deep within the fallen space hulk that was the corpus vessel a spark ignited through the snow, transferring through the naked wiring and synthetic muscle fibers of a proxy. That spark as enough to chain throughout the structure, jumping and splitting between muscle fibers and wiring, spreading through the dormant body. Eventually the spark reached the core of the proxy providing a life-giving spark and soon enough breathing life into the dormant machine once again. Coolant began pumping, diagnostics ran, servos fired off, and finally it rose twitchy and new. It's optical sensors lit up and searched around, it was dark cramped even, readings scrolled over the optic nerves.

Mark III Zanuka Hunter prototype, designation 104-H2;

Location... Unknown;

Objective... Not Applicable;

Status... Undamaged sub-note: Unarmored;

Current Objective... Escape confinement, reach superiors, triangulate location, receive equipment and proper objective.

With that the machine had finished it's shake down sequence and set it's own objective it quickly scanned the surroundings finding a structural weak-point set along the edge of the corner of the containment unit. The plasma rifle atop it's back arched up and took aim blasting at the weak-points, it's voice crackled, "Structure compromised." Only seconds afterward did it lunge forward ramming the wall causing it to topple outward spilling into the cold and echoing room that was at once point the landing bay of this corpus vessel. Slowly the hunter stepped from it's container to the frozen wastes scanning it's surroundings, 'location landing platform 11. Observation planet Europa confirmation needed.'

With that the hunter ran a quick schematic of it's memory of the ship locating any maintenance bay nearby and proceeding to that location slowly and weary of it's surroundings. The exposed synthetic musculature snapping tight and relaxing slightly within the rubbery skin that covered the fibers giving the mechanical creature a strangely alive look. It stalked slowly through the halls towards it's objective, navigating the shattered halls of the once glorious space vessel.

The Zanuka's sensors might have taken a hit since its arrival. The area wasn't really sip, it was an underground facility in Europa. Some areas may paint it out to look like the interior of a ship, however, it was a bunker nonetheless.

The unit might have to reconfigure itself, maybe to get readjusted to the area or scan and see what the unit will be up against.