Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/ic, 18+] The Apocalypse - The Labyrinth.

Zeus154

104 burst out of the illusioury maze after a time, sliding to a halt "Xofi xedil ylrexorpebxusa." It plodded over towards Lusith cold and calculating uncaring of Lohk. "O vehi jerriz xvi itefolexoul, Litx xesmix rymmirxiz or xvi uli exuj xvi fuylz. Rvegg ki ilmemi?"

104 turned and looked at Lohk as if waiting for the command to attack, it's weapon moving to target him as well but not firing.

Jessica’s fingers wandered over the door, trying to figure out what kind it was. It hadn’t changed to the tree that the floor had changed to by the sound of it. She didn’t see much so she really had to trust her gloved hands to find anything. A lock she could pick, or hinges to remove. But the hinges probably sat on the outside to prevent an act like that.

She hadn’t come far in her examination before she heard people closing in. At first she thought it were the ones who had thrown her in the cell, so she froze in her actions, listening intensely. The voices sounded familiar, Jess thought she could hear that Grineer doctor through the door.

Then the clicking sound of a gun being readied to fire. Jessica quickly scrambled away from the door, not risking getting in the way of any bullets that might get through. She heard shooting outside, but that wasn’t what hit the door. It sounded more like someone was tackling it and she was certain she saw some sort of dent, but she couldn’t be sure.

Then all of a sudden, it was all gone. The cell was no more and light was streaming to her eyes. She shielded them as the sudden light hurt them. It took a little to adjust again but when she could finally see propably again, there they were. She felt shocked and surprised that they had come for her. And confused, she had killed one of them not long ago and they still went out of their way to help her.

Or was it because they wanted to punish her themselves, not letting anyone else spoil their fun? Jessica remained in the background observing as they confronted another tenno. The one who, by what they were saying, was to blame for all the weird things that had happened.

Seth looked over at Lohk, sighing before pointing his rifle at the Excalibur Tenno with little patience.

He was done talking, he was though with this damnable thing messing with his head and messing with his allies, he said to Niveah "Enough with the blame game Niveah, focus on that thing." he then looked back to Lokh with a very prejudiced look, his Grineer xenophobia starting to seep out.

Once Lusith had been let out from her terrible (if not thinly veiled) nightmare, it seemed everyone else's roles had fallen into place. It took a moment for Jessica's to finish, and moreover took violence to break her out, but she had been let out. Lusith hadn't even needed to do anything, even though Seth had asked her to help. The others had it covered well enough.

Here was the part where it all- well- seemingly was breaking apart. On one hand, he had messed with Lusith and her companions' minds, on the other, he could have clearly killed them outright by now if he had really wanted to. It seemed he was... More interested in speaking? Or trying to prove a point. Regardless, he doesn't seem like he's trying to further unnecessary violence. Now it was the group doing it. Something didn't seem right about this, like they were still being tested.

Lusith's attention was directed by the hostility her friends had mostly taken on. Especially the Zanuka, but thankfully the unit seemed obediant- waiting for orders more likely.

"No, no... Stand down, Zanuka. Do not attack."

Lusith looked down at 104, then looked to Seth and Niveah pointing guns. Lusith could not have that either, and barked out a single sentence, while crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently on the ground.

"Are you both trying to have us slaughtered? Lower your weapons. He would have killed us already if he had planned on doing so. For once, maybe talking is in order? Or do you want him to break you both down mentally? I would prefer my mind intact and not destroyed, if you would not mind.."

Why was this so frustrating? What ever happened to just talking out problems?

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:55 AM, Zeus154 said:

[Strength check - Dain must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 11. Dain rolls a(n) 4. Unsuccessful!]

Dain would find that the door would not budge. The door would have no visible damage done to it, not even cosmetically. And with an immovable surface colliding with a moving one, it would surely make Dain recoil under the circumstances. 

"D, stop fooling around, we have to get this done!" Niveah said with a half-serious, half-joking tone.

The Mesa started shooting around the general area towards Lohk. Hopefully this will garner enough distraction from Lohk. Adalynn tried her psychic ability on the door once more.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Lohk rolls a(n) 2. Adalynn rolls a(n) 20. Critical Success!]

The door would essentially vaporize from existence, with a shower of light and sparks. Jessica would be freed from her prison of darkness, essentially having the entire group be able to move away from the mind games. Everyone has fought their respective fears, everyone had succeeded or at least attempted something. Lohk wasn't necessarily pleased with this particular outcome, but admired the group's cohesive nature. A good trait to have in such tough times.

The room slowly faded into a hangar-like room. Looks like things are beginning to turn into a reality... or is it still an illusion?

"It has been a long time coming. All of you have reached this far to meet me. I know that some of you wish for my untimely end. Before we get to our confrontation, I would like to congratulate all of you for a job well done. My teaching methods are... very unorthodox to say the least. And I am by no means the greatest teacher. I have quite a ways, but given this instruction style... it has served only as a great and wonderful aid to encourage my death." The Excalibur spoke.

He sighed.

"Look, if you didn't want to fight, you could have just told us." Niveah said to the figure.

"But where is the fun in that? There is nothing to be taught! While I admit, my methods are completely brutish and blunt, it has served... some purpose. I hope you can at least see some value within it."

"Yeah, like having our nightmare trying to essentially come and kill us all. Look, I'm not here wanting to chat with a deranged killer who wants to turn brains into soup. And neither is my partner. So can it with-"

"Niveah, stop." Adalynn said. "Lohk, we're just here to get some supplies and get going."

Niveah shot a disapproving glare towards Adalynn. Looks like something is starting to bubble.

"I'm glad we can come to some accord, but seeing as some of your party is unwilling for such civil pleasantries, there are loose ends that need to be tied. Do any of you have any... particular questions? If so, then I suppose... there will be nothing that can be changed."

Dain swore as his fist met the wall and went the sum total of nowhere. Even through his armour and gauntlets, it had hurt. He was about to try again when he saw Adalynn's power flare and the door vanish in a sparkly display of power. His eyebrows went up behind his helmet.

'And she thinks she is weak'. He thought to himself. 

As he listened to the, quite clearly not wholly sane, Excalibur attempt to justify what he had done, he got angry. Scratch that, he was furious, so much so that it wouldn't be until Lusith had finished speaking that he would be able to get his words out.

"Teaching?! You call this teaching?!" He snapped out, his words colder than a Europa blizzard. "This was not teaching. This was a sadistic game to you." He took several paces forward, placing himself firmly at the front of the group, fists curling and uncurling. "Any chance of it being teaching was thrown out the window when you asked where the fun was in simply saying you did not want to fight! Your methods were not unorthodox and brutish, they were cruel and unusual! I know what it is like to train and teach others, and even the worst instructors that I worked with were NOTHING like that. Any that were did not last a month."

He jabbed a finger at Lohk. "I have faced my worst fears before in training. I have faced mental assault before, where my mind was twisted against my will, in training. But each time, I knew that it was going to happen. Simply throwing them in our faces is not a good way to learn how to overcome them. It rarely achieves more than a broken shell of a person. I've seen it happen before."

Dain sliced his hand through the air horizontally. "We are not puppets for your games you bastard. No one is, and no one should ever be treated as less than a person. No one should ever be treated as a toy for your amusement. We have the right to make our own choices."

His right hand flexed by his hip, right next to the grip of his Lex. If Lohk tried anything, he would snap the pistol up and put of bullet through his skull.

On 03/07/2016 at 7:52 AM, WingedCrusade said:

Once Lusith had been let out from her terrible (if not thinly veiled) nightmare, it seemed everyone else's roles had fallen into place. It took a moment for Jessica's to finish, and moreover took violence to break her out, but she had been let out. Lusith hadn't even needed to do anything, even though Seth had asked her to help. The others had it covered well enough.

Here was the part where it all- well- seemingly was breaking apart. On one hand, he had messed with Lusith and her companions' minds, on the other, he could have clearly killed them outright by now if he had really wanted to. It seemed he was... More interested in speaking? Or trying to prove a point. Regardless, he doesn't seem like he's trying to further unnecessary violence. Now it was the group doing it. Something didn't seem right about this, like they were still being tested.

Lusith's attention was directed by the hostility her friends had mostly taken on. Especially the Zanuka, but thankfully the unit seemed obediant- waiting for orders more likely.

"No, no... Stand down, Zanuka. Do not attack."

Lusith looked down at 104, then looked to Seth and Niveah pointing guns. Lusith could not have that either, and barked out a single sentence, while crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently on the ground.

"Are you both trying to have us slaughtered? Lower your weapons. He would have killed us already if he had planned on doing so. For once, maybe talking is in order? Or do you want him to break you both down mentally? I would prefer my mind intact and not destroyed, if you would not mind.."

Why was this so frustrating? What ever happened to just talking out problems?

Seth looked over at Lusith bewildered at what she said "Are you insane?! This man has messed with our heads and you want to talk?!" shouted the old Grineer, obviously enraged at Lusith's suggestion.

Getting a distinct sense of the extreme hostility in the room 104 made it's mechanical gargles at Seth, "Op ox kelxr xu xegd gix ox xegd." It remained sitting on it's hind haunches looking between the members of this whole crew who were talking with Lohk.

8 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

Seth looked over at Lusith bewildered at what she said "Are you insane?! This man has messed with our heads and you want to talk?!" shouted the old Grineer, obviously enraged at Lusith's suggestion.

She didn't really appreciate having Seth raise his voice at her, raising hers in response.

"If he so wanted to we could have all been killed with a thought by now, Seth! Think before you point your weapons at him! You know they will not hit him anyhow. We've seen that he can deflect them already."

Lusith grunted at Seth, eying him over rather in a serious manner.

Lohk looked at the mixed response from the crowd. The only three that sympathized with him, or, isn't hesitant on attacking him were Adalynn, Lusith, and the Zanuka. Seth, Niveah, and Dain weren't all that keen on talking to Lohk. Things are still boiling over.

On 7/8/2016 at 4:51 AM, Spikey844 said:

"Teaching?! You call this teaching?!" He snapped out, his words colder than a Europa blizzard. "This was not teaching. This was a sadistic game to you." He took several paces forward, placing himself firmly at the front of the group, fists curling and uncurling. "Any chance of it being teaching was thrown out the window when you asked where the fun was in simply saying you did not want to fight! Your methods were not unorthodox and brutish, they were cruel and unusual! I know what it is like to train and teach others, and even the worst instructors that I worked with were NOTHING like that. Any that were did not last a month."

He jabbed a finger at Lohk. "I have faced my worst fears before in training. I have faced mental assault before, where my mind was twisted against my will, in training. But each time, I knew that it was going to happen. Simply throwing them in our faces is not a good way to learn how to overcome them. It rarely achieves more than a broken shell of a person. I've seen it happen before."

Dain sliced his hand through the air horizontally. "We are not puppets for your games you bastard. No one is, and no one should ever be treated as less than a person. No one should ever be treated as a toy for your amusement. We have the right to make our own choices."

His right hand flexed by his hip, right next to the grip of his Lex. If Lohk tried anything, he would snap the pistol up and put of bullet through his skull.

"I agree, my methods are cruel and unusual. It wasn't necessarily the best way to convey meaning, but I've sat through people taking the easy route." Lohk spoke. "People are not taught how to survive in the harsh world. They don't face their fears, but when they do, they are stopped. They freeze, as it is something they have never been exposed to before. People who work hard and go through rigorous training, countless drills, and other situations are exposed to these kinds of things. Clearly, you are experienced, however, it seems like some of your friends aren't necessarily equipped for this sort of... grief."

He paused briefly.

"I just want you to not necessarily be hampered by the experience when something comes to it. I wanted you to be ready, however, whether you want to twist or pollute my words, is up to you."

And with all the in-fighting happening, Adalynn was getting a little frustrated. Her posture had changed a little, signifying a little anger at her teams displeasure.

"Everyone, stop. Do you know what he is doing?" Adalynn said firmly and loudly. "This could all be a test. He could be testing us and our capability to actually work together, and look at us! We're tearing ourselves apart here! We can't really think as one, but we surely are thinking for ourselves..."

Lohk nodded, though didn't necessarily say anything.

'Now she's thinking outside the box...'

Niveah cuts in.

"And what about you? We got into this mess, because of you. We thought of you as some leader, but is apparent that you're going to side with him on this issue." Niveah spat with venom. "You've been leading this group for a while and the only thing I've seen, was either little to no leadership interaction, or just playing horseshoes and hand grenades with our lives! Woman, do you know where we're going? Do you have a plan? Do you have anything. Anything at all in terms of a plan?"

Adalynn said nothing. Niveah was tearing her apart.

"Well, looky here everyone! We're walking around with a "man with no plan!" Surely, we should have noticed by now!"

"Then, do you have a plan, Niveah? Is it to be a turncoat for another firm and have another situation on our hands?" Adalynn replied wit-fully.

Niveah was seething with more anger. It seems like the situation was going to boil further.

"Well, she is right. I did some rooting around your brain, as I did everyone else. But I won't dwell on this any further. Adalynn is right in this certain regard. You can consider this a test of sorts, and clearly, there are issues that need to be resolved. And clearly, I cannot have it resolved, unless this whole "mentor facade" ends. Some of you don't like this advice that I have brought to you, but nonetheless, I hope that it serves all of you well."

Silence fills the room afterwards.

Edited by Zeus154

9 hours ago, WingedCrusade said:

She didn't really appreciate having Seth raise his voice at her, raising hers in response.

"If he so wanted to we could have all been killed with a thought by now, Seth! Think before you point your weapons at him! You know they will not hit him anyhow. We've seen that he can deflect them already."

Lusith grunted at Seth, eying him over rather in a serious manner.

It seemed Seth wasn't quite all  there at the moment, the experience had already seemed to have driven him into quite a state, shouting in Grineer to Lusith like she was an officer "Do not tell me what to do Lieutenant! I will put you on this very slab right here!" he pointed to an invisable table. "Dissect you whilst you are alive and without anesthetic and then use you for my next experiments if you-If you..." but Seth was starting to look quite weak, his hands shaking, his speech starting to slur before the Grineer suddenly collapsed in some sort of seizure.

His gun was still in his hand as he collapsed, his satchel dropped with it, his coat opening up to display his pockets, the Syringe he kept and the few DNA stabilisers he kept on hand for himself.

Edited by Drakeardian

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:07 PM, Drakeardian said:

It seemed Seth wasn't quite all  there at the moment, the experience had already seemed to have driven him into quite a state, shouting in Grineer to Lusith like she was an officer "Do not tell me what to do Lieutenant! I will put you on this very slab right here!" he pointed to an invisable table. "Dissect you whilst you are alive and without anesthetic and then use you for my next experiments if you-If you..." but Seth was starting to look quite weak, his hands shaking, his speech starting to slur before the Grineer suddenly collapsed in some sort of seizure.

His gun was still in his hand as he collapsed, his satchel dropped with it, his coat opening up to display his pockets, the Syringe he kept and the few DNA stabilisers he kept on hand for himself.

Dain was about to step between Niveah and Adalynn, in a (probable vain) attempt to get them to calm down and stop arguing. It wouldn't help them.

That was before he saw Seth blow his top, them collapse like a puppet with its string's cut. He swore loudly and raced over to the Grinner doctor, activating what few medical scanners he had an running them over Seth's body. They were not detailed enough to tell him what was wrong though.

Then he spied the vials in Seth's coat. They looked familiar somehow. His mind raced for answers until he realised why they looked familiar. They looked like the DNA stabilisers used for Kubrows, to prevent their genetic code falling apart. He snatched up a vial and the syringe. Trying to go both slowly, to stop him breaking something, and quickly, to prevent Seth dying, he locked the vial into place in the syringe, then located a patch of exposed flesh. He rammed the syringe home, depressing the plunger, praying that he had been fast enough.

Edited by Spikey844

With the sudden fall of Seth, the situation was already deteriorating. With Seth succumbing to a possibly fatal seizure, Lohk bowed his head. Minutes passed, enough for Seth to at least wake up, or catch wind. Adalynn seemed like her mind was doing some mental gymnastics, trying to figure out the situation, or at least the game that Lohk is playing. She tried prying into his mind.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Adalynn rolls a(n) 10. Lohk rolls a(n) 15. Unsuccessful!]

'I don't think this is going to work. You might want to try harder next time, Adalynn.'

With that, nothing really happened. His interaction being rather passive, calm. Adalynn was a little frustrated, but it seemed that Lohk was a stronger psychic than her. It was a feeble attempt, but a try nonetheless.

"It is unfortunate for your-"

"Look, I don't care about your sympathy." Niveah spat. "You have caused harm to everyone and you're feeling bad now? Pft, what kind of mentor are you?"

"Niveah, please. Just reason-"

Niveah turned to Adalynn. Her hand was on her dagger, almost instinctively ready to cause trouble.

"Adalynn, who are you going to even trust? Are you going to trust us, or him? Lusith, I ask you the same question. If you're going to side with him, I'm not sure if I can trust you anymore."

"Seeing as we can't come to an accord, it is unfortunate that we can't chat for very much longer. I'll make the choice for us."

The Excalibur jumped down from the catwalk.

"It was nice meeting you all... Goodbye."

The Tenno draws out a unique combo of sword and dagger. It almost appeared from thin air. His helmet's eyes appearing red. The battle is about to begin.

4 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

With the sudden fall of Seth, the situation was already deteriorating. With Seth succumbing to a possibly fatal seizure, Lohk bowed his head. Minutes passed, enough for Seth to at least wake up, or catch wind. Adalynn seemed like her mind was doing some mental gymnastics, trying to figure out the situation, or at least the game that Lohk is playing. She tried prying into his mind.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. Adalynn rolls a(n) 10. Lohk rolls a(n) 15. Unsuccessful!]

'I don't think this is going to work. You might want to try harder next time, Adalynn.'

With that, nothing really happened. His interaction being rather passive, calm. Adalynn was a little frustrated, but it seemed that Lohk was a stronger psychic than her. It was a feeble attempt, but a try nonetheless.

"It is unfortunate for your-"

"Look, I don't care about your sympathy." Niveah spat. "You have caused harm to everyone and you're feeling bad now? Pft, what kind of mentor are you?"

"Niveah, please. Just reason-"

Niveah turned to Adalynn. Her hand was on her dagger, almost instinctively ready to cause trouble.

"Adalynn, who are you going to even trust? Are you going to trust us, or him? Lusith, I ask you the same question. If you're going to side with him, I'm not sure if I can trust you anymore."

"Seeing as we can't come to an accord, it is unfortunate that we can't chat for very much longer. I'll make the choice for us."

The Excalibur jumped down from the catwalk.

"It was nice meeting you all... Goodbye."

The Tenno draws out a unique combo of sword and dagger. It almost appeared from thin air. His helmet's eyes appearing red. The battle is about to begin.

The moment Lohk drew his weapons, Dain had his own out. Machete Wraith in his right hand, knife in his left, held so that it curved away from. He placed himself slightly in front of Niveah, positioning himself so that she could shoot around him fairly easily, but making it so that Lohk would have to go through him if he wanted to reach her.

Part of him was also glad. While he could play diplomat, he was a warrior first and foremost. The field of battle was where he belonged. Settling down into a combat stance, he watched Lohk, waiting for the other Tenno to make the first move.

The situation was increasingly growing out of hand, between Seth falling over, the group's fighting, and Niveah's antagonizing causing Lohk to take up an attack stance, Lusith began to feel her heart race.

'No, no no no, not now not now...'

She curled her arms up at her chest, holding herself. She was having a panic attack. Shouting, chaos, violence, she was breathing... Rather erratically and heavily. Why was it so hard to breathe? The stress was too much..

"... ENOUGH!"

Lusith panicked and accidentally set off her Paralysis as she yelled, her only thoughts in mind to get everyone to stop fighting and slow down. She didn't realize her thoughts and erratic emotions would decide what to do for her, however. It was entirely an accident! The Valkyr stumbled forward once the Paralysis was let out.

"Y-You're all losing it!"

Lusith was gasping for air as she quickly rushed off to leave the room, vision going blurry as she fled in her panic.

Seth slowly began to wake up at the sound of Lusith's paralysing shout, holding his ears and crying out in pain "Argh! What is going on?! where are we?!" he shouted as he looked around somewhat confused as he looked up at Nivaeh and Lohk beginning fight, he then watched at Lusith, waiting for the reaction of the others to make his stand...as soon as he can.

He felt quite woozy but he felt better.

Jessica had so far been keeping to the background. She didn't like the fact that this other Tenno had been playing mind games with them, but by the sound of things she had gotten off relatively easy, especially compared to the others.

She didn't know if there was anything she could say or do about the situation and felt as if anything she said might even provoke the group even more as she was a stranger. Still she kept a cautious and vigil eye on the trickster in case he made any sudden movements.

But when the Grineer doctor collapsed after sessions of yelling she nearly jumped. He had been the one who spoke up for her and hadn't really proven to be hostile towards her. For a moment she stood there wondering if there was anything she could do to help but one of the other tenno ran to his help and started looking for something. That's when she remembered that the grineer were in constant need of DNA stabilizing medicine and saw him using it on the Grineer.

But then there were even more yelling, and the Valkyr shouted, Jessica wasn't even listening to what she had said, she only felt a pain through her hears, feeling her body shaking and refusing to move anything else than letting her hands move to cover her ears. Her heart beat faster again in the fearful realization that she couldn't move, she wal literally paralyzed, and it freaked her out. 

As Lohk slowly trudged forward, the world slowly became more and more "open." No longer was it a Corpus bunker, but an open, snowy field, containing thick brush. Trees, and bushes litter the area, making for a very dense forest. The only open area was the field they stood on.

On 8/1/2016 at 4:19 PM, WingedCrusade said:

The situation was increasingly growing out of hand, between Seth falling over, the group's fighting, and Niveah's antagonizing causing Lohk to take up an attack stance, Lusith began to feel her heart race.

'No, no no no, not now not now...'

She curled her arms up at her chest, holding herself. She was having a panic attack. Shouting, chaos, violence, she was breathing... Rather erratically and heavily. Why was it so hard to breathe? The stress was too much..

"... ENOUGH!"

Lusith panicked and accidentally set off her Paralysis as she yelled, her only thoughts in mind to get everyone to stop fighting and slow down. She didn't realize her thoughts and erratic emotions would decide what to do for her, however. It was entirely an accident! The Valkyr stumbled forward once the Paralysis was let out.

"Y-You're all losing it!"

Lusith was gasping for air as she quickly rushed off to leave the room, vision going blurry as she fled in her panic.

It wasn't a room, it was a forest now! With Lusith running off, Lohk treid to stop Lusith from running.

[Strength Check - Lohk must roll greater than Lusith. Lohk rolls a(n) 3. Lusith rolls a(n) 7. Unsuccessful!]

Lusith proved to be a little too strong for his abilities, at least for this time. He tried casting down trees and vines to prevent her from escaping, though she would either be agile enough the escape of shove past everything. Though the only problem now, is that she would be completely lost, making getting back to the group a difficult endeavor.

This leaves Jessica, Dain, Niveah, Seth, and Adalynn.

And with the fact that Lusith cast paralysis, it caused a particular issue. Jessica was rooted with fear, though Niveah was already steadfast and dead-set on attacking Lohk. Dain was doing his best and blocked the Excalibur from trying to attack the Mesa, at least for now. Adalynn was in the back, looking at the unfolding situation. Niveah unleashed a torrent of lead from her Peacemaker pistols.

[Agility Check - Niveah must roll greater than Lohk. Niveah rolls a(n) 5. Lohk rolls a(n) 19. Unsuccessful!]

Lohk waved his hand around his face, with the bullets simply either redirecting to random locations or being stopped mid-flight. The bullets simply dropped ot the ground, muffled by the snow. He slowly trudged toward the couple, still holding is sword and dagger. Niveah wasn't really going to give up without a fight. She unsheathed her dagger once more.

"D, I want you to flank him. Get him from the back. I'll greet him personally." She whispered.

It was a waiting game for them. Adalynn truly didn't want to fight Lohk, but seeing as the circumstances came to this, people had already fallen apart. Lusith had essentially left, Dain and Niveah are fighting Lohk by themselves, Jessica was standing still, rattled by all of what has a happened and Seth is just waking up. Adalynn grabbed Jessica, and tried shaking her, to snap her out of the paralysis. Unit 104 had fallen upon the effects of paralysis in addition to Jessica.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll a(n) 9 or greater. Adalynn rolled a(n) 16. Success!]

[Intelligence Check - Unit 104 must roll a(n) 9 or greater. It rolled a(n) 18. Success!]

"Jessica, you need to snap out of it, you have already faced your fears, everything that is rooting you is gone. I need you to stand up and help us."

With that, it seemed that the effect of paralysis would dissipate, the Nyx's hands manipulating the effect to something more positive, or it could be some placebo effect, but in any case, things would be better for the time being. Jessica would be able to freely move and do whatever she pleases. Adalynn however called out to Lohk. The Excalibur turning his head slightly, but still keeping an eye out for Dain and Niveah.

"Lohk, I don't want us to fight! I want you to teach us about who you are! Why must you fight?"

Lohk's closed his eyes for a brief moment, his breathing became weak for just a moment, he shook his head. He said nothing. This could serve as a chance for attack.

Edited by Zeus154

104 was unaffected by the paralysis, and it looked at Lusith watching as she ran away only to see the terrain change  again and turn into a frozen forest filled area. As she ran several trees began to topple towards her. "vurxogoxa zixibxiz godiga beyri yldlukl xesmix, ilmemolm." 104 turned  it's gaze training on Lohk, letting out a screech of that sounded eerily familiar to an enemy from before the collapse.

With that it's plasma turret extended from it's back as it bolted towards Dain leaping at him. Instead of tackling into him however the proxy used him as a spring board, the rhino's larger frame providing a perfect launch pad, as it aimed to soar over Lohk and engage from above, twirling in the air while it's cannon rained plasma bolts from above. Finally twisting it's body around so that it landed on it's feet behind the assailant.  "myesz jsuxubug ebxohi."

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, Zeus154 said:

As Lohk slowly trudged forward, the world slowly became more and more "open." No longer was it a Corpus bunker, but an open, snowy field, containing thick brush. Trees, and bushes litter the area, making for a very dense forest. The only open area was the field they stood on.

It wasn't a room, it was a forest now! With Lusith running off, Lohk treid to stop Lusith from running.

[Strength Check - Lohk must roll greater than Lusith. Lohk rolls a(n) 3. Lusith rolls a(n) 7. Unsuccessful!]

Lusith proved to be a little too strong for his abilities, at least for this time. He tried casting down trees and vines to prevent her from escaping, though she would either be agile enough the escape of shove past everything. Though the only problem now, is that she would be completely lost, making getting back to the group a difficult endeavor.

This leaves Jessica, Dain, Niveah, Seth, and Adalynn.

And with the fact that Lusith cast paralysis, it caused a particular issue. Jessica was rooted with fear, though Niveah was already steadfast and dead-set on attacking Lohk. Dain was doing his best and blocked the Excalibur from trying to attack the Mesa, at least for now. Adalynn was in the back, looking at the unfolding situation. Niveah unleashed a torrent of lead from her Peacemaker pistols.

[Agility Check - Niveah must roll greater than Lohk. Niveah rolls a(n) 5. Lohk rolls a(n) 19. Unsuccessful!]

Lohk waved his hand around his face, with the bullets simply either redirecting to random locations or being stopped mid-flight. The bullets simply dropped ot the ground, muffled by the snow. He slowly trudged toward the couple, still holding is sword and dagger. Niveah wasn't really going to give up without a fight. She unsheathed her dagger once more.

"D, I want you to flank him. Get him from the back. I'll greet him personally." She whispered.

It was a waiting game for them. Adalynn truly didn't want to fight Lohk, but seeing as the circumstances came to this, people had already fallen apart. Lusith had essentially left, Dain and Niveah are fighting Lohk by themselves, Jessica was standing still, rattled by all of what has a happened and Seth is just waking up. Adalynn grabbed Jessica, and tried shaking her, to snap her out of the paralysis. Unit 104 had fallen upon the effects of paralysis in addition to Jessica.

[Intelligence Check - Adalynn must roll a(n) 9 or greater. Adalynn rolled a(n) 16. Success!]

[Intelligence Check - Unit 104 must roll a(n) 9 or greater. It rolled a(n) 18. Success!]

"Jessica, you need to snap out of it, you have already faced your fears, everything that is rooting you is gone. I need you to stand up and help us."

With that, it seemed that the effect of paralysis would dissipate, the Nyx's hands manipulating the effect to something more positive, or it could be some placebo effect, but in any case, things would be better for the time being. Jessica would be able to freely move and do whatever she pleases. Adalynn however called out to Lohk. The Excalibur turning his head slightly, but still keeping an eye out for Dain and Niveah.

"Lohk, I don't want us to fight! I want you to teach us about who you are! Why must you fight?"

Lohk's closed his eyes for a brief moment, his breathing became weak for just a moment, he shook his head. He said nothing. This could serve as a chance for attack.

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, Astralin said:

104 was unaffected by the paralysis, and it looked at Lusith watching as she ran away only to see the terrain change  again and turn into a frozen forest filled area. As she ran several trees began to topple towards her. "vurxogoxa zixibxiz godiga beyri yldlukl xesmix, ilmemolm." 104 turned  it's gaze training on Lohk, letting out a screech of that sounded eerily familiar to an enemy from before the collapse.

With that it's plasma turret extended from it's back as it bolted towards Dain leaping at him. Instead of tackling into him however the proxy used him as a spring board, the rhino's larger frame providing a perfect launch pad, as it aimed to soar over Lohk and engage from above, twirling in the air while it's cannon rained plasma bolts from above. Finally twisting it's body around so that it landed on it's feet behind the assailant.  "myesz jsuxubug ebxohi."

Dain hesitated, glancing over at Niveah, but her gaze seemed to be fixed on Lohk. He began to step sideways, circling the other Tenno. Despite the protestations that others in the group were giving, Dain was personally fed up with Lohk. Maybe they wouldn't kill him, but he certainly needed to be taught a lesson.

With his focus divided between watching Niveah, circling Lohk, mentally berating Adalynn for being timid and somewhat naïve, he did not register 104 running at him until the robot used his back as a spring board. He stumbled,, almost tripping over his own feet, not being ready to absorb the machine's weight. He glared at the machine as it blasted away at Lohk, before realising that it had created a diversion. Lohk would have to focus on blocking or dodging the plasma bolts, and so would be looking up in the air.

Dain had circled around fair enough so that he was roughly at right angles with Lohk. He tensed for a moment, then charged forward. When he was close enough, he would bring his Machete Wraith down in a scything diagonal arc.

Seth quickly stood up and raised his rifle at Lokh, but something about the Doctor hesitated as if there was a part of his brain that restarted and began ticking.

Seth quietly breathed in then exhaled, muttering something in Grintok before pulling the trigger, aiming his rifle at Lokh's weapon arm.

It felt like, for just a moment, that something unseen had tried gripping at her, keeping her from advancing. She was too frenzied to be stopped however and shook it off without a thought and keep running. Each obstacle that was felled in her path to stop her had only been a slight nuisance to her as she jumped over them or dodged them quickly.

As she had gotten far enough it seemed as though the obstacles stopped coming. She had to catch her breath anyhow. Lusith's pace slowed to a near crawl, her stumbling causing her to walk in a more feral fashion for just a moment, using a hand to keep her on her feet.

She stopped, crouched low to the ground, still supporting herself on a single hand as she looked around, her breathing was heavy and her heart pounding. Her hands reached up to grip her head as she tried to catch her breath and calm down, inhaling sharply.

"No, no I can't... I... Where... Where am I...? Was I not... Not just at a Corpus-? This is not happening, this is not happening, this is not happening.."

Lusith stood up slowly, eyes gliding over her surroundings, taking them in, examining over the sudden change in environment. Was she lost, or losing it? Europa seemed like all but a bitter, passing memory now, somehow. Lusith's voice rang out over all the sounds of chirping avian creatures, and the mingling of all the other animals throughout the forest.

"... Hello...?"

There seemed to be no initial reply from what was heard. Not like she had expected one, given her surroundings..

On 8/15/2016 at 5:20 AM, Astralin said:

With the Zanuka committing a high-flying maneuver, Lohk would be surely focused on deflecting the plasma bolts. With his psychic barriers still up, he redirected his attention to the bot, slowly approaching it instead. 

On 8/20/2016 at 2:47 PM, Spikey844 said:

Dain hesitated, glancing over at Niveah, but her gaze seemed to be fixed on Lohk. He began to step sideways, circling the other Tenno. Despite the protestations that others in the group were giving, Dain was personally fed up with Lohk. Maybe they wouldn't kill him, but he certainly needed to be taught a lesson.

With his focus divided between watching Niveah, circling Lohk, mentally berating Adalynn for being timid and somewhat naïve, he did not register 104 running at him until the robot used his back as a spring board. He stumbled,, almost tripping over his own feet, not being ready to absorb the machine's weight. He glared at the machine as it blasted away at Lohk, before realising that it had created a diversion. Lohk would have to focus on blocking or dodging the plasma bolts, and so would be looking up in the air.

Dain had circled around fair enough so that he was roughly at right angles with Lohk. He tensed for a moment, then charged forward. When he was close enough, he would bring his Machete Wraith down in a scything diagonal arc.

On 8/20/2016 at 2:50 PM, Drakeardian said:

Seth quickly stood up and raised his rifle at Lokh, but something about the Doctor hesitated as if there was a part of his brain that restarted and began ticking.

Seth quietly breathed in then exhaled, muttering something in Grintok before pulling the trigger, aiming his rifle at Lokh's weapon arm.

With a calculated swipe, Dain's blade would surely make its mark. A somewhat large gash breaking through the suit and into the back of Lohk. He'll feel that in the morning. With the addition, Seth's shot wouldn't necessarily have much trouble hitting Lohk either. It seems like he's vastly outnumbered. Though, since they are in his domain, his playground, he has a variety of tricks up his sleeve. At a moment's notice, barriers of snow blocked Dain, the Zanuka, and Seth from landing shots towards Lohk. Essentially blocking them from doing anything dangerous.

It is at this point the Lohk is a little bloodied.

'Outgunned, outnumbered... There isn't much I can do...'

He took a knee, his body slowly unraveling crimson from his back and enveloping his body. The streams of red was everywhere around him, even generating a visible pool, being able to be seen from the snow walls. Dain really did a number on this guy.

On 8/22/2016 at 9:30 AM, WingedCrusade said:

It felt like, for just a moment, that something unseen had tried gripping at her, keeping her from advancing. She was too frenzied to be stopped however and shook it off without a thought and keep running. Each obstacle that was felled in her path to stop her had only been a slight nuisance to her as she jumped over them or dodged them quickly.

As she had gotten far enough it seemed as though the obstacles stopped coming. She had to catch her breath anyhow. Lusith's pace slowed to a near crawl, her stumbling causing her to walk in a more feral fashion for just a moment, using a hand to keep her on her feet.

She stopped, crouched low to the ground, still supporting herself on a single hand as she looked around, her breathing was heavy and her heart pounding. Her hands reached up to grip her head as she tried to catch her breath and calm down, inhaling sharply.

"No, no I can't... I... Where... Where am I...? Was I not... Not just at a Corpus-? This is not happening, this is not happening, this is not happening.."

Lusith stood up slowly, eyes gliding over her surroundings, taking them in, examining over the sudden change in environment. Was she lost, or losing it? Europa seemed like all but a bitter, passing memory now, somehow. Lusith's voice rang out over all the sounds of chirping avian creatures, and the mingling of all the other animals throughout the forest.

"... Hello...?"

There seemed to be no initial reply from what was heard. Not like she had expected one, given her surroundings..

The only sounds Lusith would really hear are the gusts of wind and the snow falling down from the sky. Things look a little more clearer, though she would have a slightly easier time finding the group. Just follow the gunshots.

In the meantime, Adalynn tried to peer into Lohk's mind once again.

[Intelligence check - Adalynn must roll greater than Lohk. She gains advantage, due to his condition (+4). Lohk rolls a(n) 15. Adalynn rolls a 13(+4). Success!]

The Nyx was able to read into the mind of the mastermind, trying to pick at his brain. Sifting through his thoughts and some memories, she felt a little bad for Lohk. That and Lohk was slowly becoming fearful of his demise. He was foolhardy, though his fear was the inevitable untimely end. He was hiding scared within his snow castle, bleeding out slowly. He was cold and out of his element.

The time of day gradually changed from howling night, to a rather more pleasant mid-morning. It appeared that the group wasn't really even in the bunker. It truly was a forested area of Europa. Was the whole bunker a falsified idea by Lohk? His mind didn't really say.

"Guys, stop." Adalynn called out to the group.

Niveah had stopped, but was honestly tired of Adalynn's sheer naiveté.

"What, little miss 'pacifist and wants her friends dead?' What is it now?" The Mesa said with her dagger out to Adalynn. "Clearly Lohk must have done something to you. I don't know why you'd be siding with him. Frankly I'm tired of it, and I'm just ready to call traitor."

Adalynn's face became sullen. Though, with the helmet on, the others couldn't tell.

"Look, Lohk is dying. He's more than broken. He's cowering in fear." Adalynn said.

"Look, I know. We should end it, so that way he can't torture anymore people."

"Niveah. He's broken. He's not even his former self anymore. He's hyperventilating in the snow, curled up right now. He's bathing in his own blood and regrets. I think he's had more than enough."

Niveah sighs and puts away her dagger.

"What even makes you think that? He could clearly be playing a game!"

"Look at the pool of blood over there. I read into his mind, and right now he is panicking. He can't even think straight. He's a fool for even taking us on. He thinks he's a comic-book hero, but he can't effectively fight. He's done."

"Even though he's put us through psychological horrors? Even though he's threatened us multiple times? He seemed very confident and cocky to me. There is no conceivable way for even me to believe that."

"Go ahead and look for yourself."

Edited by Zeus154

Seth looked to Adalynn and Niveah's arguing then groaned, finally looking to both of them "Will you both stop arguing for once and work together?! This is what he's trying to do in the first place!" He yelled angrily at the two, having enough of their argumentative Kubrow crap and sighed in an annoyed manner "I may need some help for what I'm going to do next and I do not need two Tenno idiots arguing about who is worse off as a leader when there's a man bleeding to death!" he called out, he sounded more saner and a lot better as he walked up to the wall, putting his hand to the ice and said "Mr Lokh." Part of his Grineer Xenophobia growled at calling a tenno Mister but Seth fought those feelings back "I know you have been a right pain in our genetics but I'm willing to set that aside if you let me help fix your wounds." 

He took a deep breath before saying "I am a doctor but unless you don't wish for help, I cannot heal your wounds."

Edited by Drakeardian

One of the tenno moved towards her, she couldn’t move and so felt fear welling up in her again. Tenno kills. But what she had first thought was hands raised to harm her suddenly made her able to move freely again. Jessica couldn’t even figure out what had frozen her on the spot in the first place, it just felt so stupid.

She felt a bit disoriented at first but soon managed to get a grip on it all again. It had been a tenno who had done this. Paralyzed her, but that tenno had rushed out and Jessica couldn’t help but feel relieved. The fact that the source of the paralyze had disappeared might have helped in breaking its hold.

Seeing as next to everyone else were busy engaging the strange game master, ether with words or with force, Jess backed into the shadows and started sneaking. She took cover where she could find it and moved as quietly as she could in an attempted flanking manoeuvre. If she succeeded she could stop while a bit behind Lohk to the side, draw her Paris and release an arrow at what she saw as the least armored part of him, his throat.

• 2 weeks later...

Dain glanced between Adalynn and Niveah. Part of him agreed with Niveah. Lohk had been, to be blunt, a bloody A****** to them, playing mind games. Part of the Rhino wearing Tenno wanted to put a bullet through his skull.

But Adalynn wore a Nyx Warframe. Mind reading was their bread and butter. If Lohk's mental walls had been brought down so Adalynn could read his mind, then what she saw would be completely accurate.

And then Seth interceded. Dain's eyebrows twitched up as the Grinner doctor offered to help Lohk. 

Finally, Dain had enough. He made his own play in this strange court, where all the judges had differing opinions. He stepped up to Lohk, absently flicking blood from his Machete Wraith, then used the tip of the blade to tip back Lohk's head. He stared directly at the kneeling Tenno, blank faceplate to blank faceplate.

Then, he reached up with one hand, and took off his helmet. Dropping it to the floor, he set his emerald gaze directly where Lohk's own eyes would be if he toke off his own helmet. 

He spoke a single word.

"Why?"