Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Players Are Leaving Because Of Argon Etc.

Doughalo2

Argon is not a welcomed resource DE, I have seen players leave because of it, and every player counts ! because we all support you, but alot more people are fed up because of things like argon, and 500 oxium for a boomerang and kubrow statis not being instant. 

Making us take longer to farm things and wait around, takes the fun out of this beautiful game, mod packs (apart from new players who may buy them) are much to over priced for what they give you, plus its random, if they were even 5 plat you would probably make more money off them XD.

But often what you think will make money, especially trying to keep us playing to farm resources, will most of the time cause us to be fed up and stop playing, head my warning and take it from almost the entire fanbase, if things don't change... Warframe WILL die much, much too soon.

Argon isn't hard to get.

Defence and survival will nab you at least 1 90% of the time.

Barring that just search every locker and treasure room you can find on MD or capture.

You're making some pretty bold claims OP.

"head my warning and take it from almost the entire fanbase"

Slow down turbo!

The grind in WF is really not that bad.

There are a few bad offenders and some tweaking to do but for the most part its definitely not the doomsday situation you are making it out to be.

I grab most of the stuff I will ever need just by playing and having fun.

Multitasking helps as well.

leveling a weapon? Know you will need some argon or have a prime part your looking for?

Level the weapon in the relevant mission and you can kill two birds with one stone.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Oxium is far worse than Argon.

I can easily get 2-3 Argon Crystals in just 10 minutes soloing T1 Survivial with Nekros.

Oxium on the other hand is required by the literal ton (look at Halikar costs) and only drops from an enemy that self-destructs to deny you the drop and in even if it does drop it is just like 2 Oxium on average.

Argon is pretty easy to get. I got 17 a few days ago because I was running void. I wasn't even looking for crystals, I was speedrunning captures and exterminates for the credits.

I've heard the "warframe is dying because grind makes players leave" since month 6 of open beta, a year ago.

^ Pretty much this. People have been sounding doom for Warframe for well over a year. Despite it still being in the top 20 of Steams most played games since release to open beta. 

Option 1: nobody likes the game and it dies

Option 2: Change the game so people like it.

Yeah option 1 is the clear winner here

This implies the players leaving are not a small minority.

People have been saying "grind is gonna kill this game" since people started playing it.

Look where we are now.

How about DE gives you everything, all unlocked and max level, now what? Guess there is no other option than to play the game with what you have... Wait you can do that now! Just play the game and work towards what you need. Argon can be frustrating to get (RNG can be against us), only to farm and get 1 out of 2 but disappears before you get another (or it magically turns into 5). Oxium is a slow grind, thank goodness for the 300 oxium alerts or just paying platinum for them (go farm vaults and sell the mods).

* Most items are 2-3 Argon.

* You prep an item you want that needs Argon, so you have everything but the Argon.

* You run a handful of Void missions till you have the Argon. (Loot Detector and Master Thief help loads)

* You start making the item.

* ... profit?

Because my team would not stop running missions, I ended up with 17 Argon that night, and actually started building a bunch of things.

This implies the players leaving are not a small minority.

People have been saying "grind is gonna kill this game" since people started playing it.

Look where we are now.

A great many clans have reported their member list is a huge list of "signed in 300 days ago". If people weren't leaving then "new player" experience wouldn't be such a huge focus.

A great many clans have reported their member list is a huge list of "signed in 300 days ago". If people weren't leaving then "new player" experience wouldn't be such a huge focus.

Yes, because I'm sure all of those people left solely because of a bit of grind

The new player focus was because the existing experience for new players was trash

I'm completely dumb-founded by the idea of "leaving Warframe because of Argon". Void runs are always useful... for credits or prime parts for a later loadout or even just to keep your Forma Furnace cooking.

Edited by ePilgrim

Argon is not a welcomed resource DE, I have seen players leave because of it, and every player counts ! because we all support you, but alot more people are fed up because of things like argon, and 500 oxium for a boomerang and kubrow statis not being instant. 

Argon is fine, and I doubt anyone has left because of it.  Its easy to farm, you just go get it when you need it since it decays.  I will admit, that with the removal of the mobile defense on Baal it is harder to get, but that one reason isn't justification for leaving so I doubt its true.  As far as kubrow stasis goes, I think the devs were looking at a solution for that, but even if they weren't, this is again a really poor excuse for leaving, leading me to believe the people are not actually leaving because of it.

Also, not every player supports DE, they may play, but only people that buy plat are actually supporting DE in the literal sense(But this is just nitpicking and is going a little off topic).  I know keeping the free player player base up is important, but again, I don't believe people are leaving the game for the reasons you stated.  Argon is easy, Oxium is aggravating but managable and Kubrows are still a work in progress.  The game is still in heavy development there are kinks, and DE responds to community feedback.  But the OP also is blowing things WAY out of proportion.

If anything people are leaving because they get burnt out, find another game they like more or get tired of the grind/repetition.  What DE needs to do is focus on more replayable gameplay that players want to keep going back to purely for the sake of fun rather than farming/grinding.

Actually, we have had some posts not too long ago asking to have more use for argon, like making it a required resource for more item built, and that they had too many argon crystals sitting around.

Edited by ndantony

I simply adore how people can assume their experiences with prng must be a universal trend in this game.

For some of us it's not uncommon to burn through half a dozen keys without finding a single argon crystal.

An yes I main Nekros. And yes I open all of the lockers and break all of the boxes.