Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Bug] Opticor

ensignvidiot

Currently the weapon does not benefit from any Firing-speed mods (to reduce chargetime) or reloadspeed mods.

In addition, Punch through mods (both Metal Auger and Shred) have interesting effects with the "projectile beam" and how the sudo-AOE effect is done.

With a punch-through mod, the "beam width" (the distance to each side of the beam that causes damage) seems to be widened when fired between enemies.

Though the "beam impact" (the "end" of the projectile that has Confirmed AoE damage properties)  will be stopped by Shields and Light Cover (like thin metal balcony barricades on grineer tilesets). For Shield Lancers, the Lancer dies, and any unit around it dies, as if the "Beam Impact" ended on the lancer's body. And for Grineer Units behind light cover, it does nothing, as the "Beam Impact" did not punch through the cover.

I Ask that Punch through allow the Beam to continue through enemies and light cover unit the maximum punch-though distance has been used up.

Each of the scenarios ive detailed I have been able to recreate. I ask other players to confirm or deny the weapon bugs Ive found with the Laser Cannon.

I've had no problems, but I think like Imaru12 said the UI does not seem to reflect the changes. I have all 3 fire rate mods on it and it is still at 0.3 but charges almost instantly in game. Also with Shred on I have shot through lots of things including a line of enemies.

The "splash" seems to be using a line-of-sight calculation unlike many other explosive effects. So if you hit the thin metal barricade a Lancer is hiding behind, he takes no damage because he isn't in the line-of-sight of the spot you hit. However, if a Lancer is taking cover behind a wall and you hit the floor next to him, he should take damage.

And I agree with other people, having used it some, increasing fire rate definitely does speed up the charge time.

I think that the UI just doesn't reflect the mod's effects on the fire rate. I could be wrong, but I have seen that issue myself. The weapon itself does benefit from fire rate mods though. 

I can confirm that the UI does not show the proper fire rate. It goes from 0.3 to 0.3 even though the ingame charge speed definitely improves.

Use Shred and Vile Acceleration - 90% faster fire rate for -15% damage - (Opticor will barely feel that 15%) for 120% faster charge time can use Speed Trigger and get it to 180% and it'll read .4 for fire rate but Speed Trigger is unnecessary and pretty much a wasted space.

Edited by Nurmetya

Use Shred and Vile Acceleration - 90% faster fire rate for -15% damage - (Opticor will barely feel that 15%) for 120% faster charge time can use Speed Trigger and get it to 180% and it'll read .4 for fire rate but Speed Trigger is unnecessary and pretty much a wasted space.

Then to clarify the issue, the problem with the visual 0.3 fire rate is that it gives no indication that it changes anything when a fire rate mod is equipped, unless you hit the full 120-180% mark. In other words, we need more significant figures: 0.31 or 0.38 or something....

I already started an opticor bug post several days ago where I addressed the inconsistent blast issue.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/335671-opticor-blast-bug/#entry3763502

copy paste from my entry , this was my experience whit opticor

for me its a bug. I tried shooting enemy from TOP and other higher positions (to punch trought and blast)and when the laser hit the enemy no blast is generated, no matter if there is a floor or other indestructible stuff. The laser and the direct damage travel and damage trougt enemys  but doesnt blast. Tryed with and whitout SHRED mod. you can try it: fly whit Zephyr or jump with Excalibur and shoot to enemies on the floor hiting at last one enemy body part.