Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Troll, Make It Stop De!

7grims

Limbo has his problems, but he should not lose an amazing amount of potential due to how annoying players use him.  The dev team is not at fault, the players are.  All these issues that people are having remind me why we need the player reputation system, an effective way of removing players who are trolling from our games without punishing the people who are actually being helpful.

100% Agree. Only problem with player reputation systems that I see is that some people use the reputation systems as a trolling tool as well by giving negative reputation points to other players even when it isn't warranted. I never have these issues because I almost never play online with randoms. I only play COOP with my g/f and daughter or friends. When not playing with people I know I just solo.

How is it hilarious? 

Why would the developers make a frame that is based around trolling the players? It's an idiotic move that would make things worse for the player base.

I don't know why they did.  I assume it amuses them greatly.

I sure as hell can't figure out how to use Limbo without trolling, unless I meticulously go around banishing every creature on the map, cast multiple cataclysms, and ensuring every team mate is also in the rift.

Sure, it can be done, but in order to do that, you have to basically ignore all of your weapons, and speed around the map keeping tabs on everyone, and everything.

As it stands, that is a lot of logistics work for a game like Warframe, so I resort to casting Cataclysm "way over there" and if anyone wants to dive in and go Melee Crazy, they can, otherwise they don't have to even remotely worry about my powers interfering with their ability to engage and kill enemies.

• 3 months later...

time and time again I have posted. We don't need reputation, we don't need votekick...we just need a personal blacklist setting. if you get a problem player, you just add them to your personal blacklist. If they are in a game you are in, you get a marker next to their name. if your host, blacklisted players cannot join a game you are hosting (option).

In time, this will deal with problem players.

the only thing i could see is being able to 'opt out' of Banish by means of 'exiting' it.

let players do that and the problem is solved. no Animation for it or anything, so that you don't need to have your gameplay interrupted by the possible trolling.

and problem done.

You can exit it whenever you like.

You currently can't stop yourself getting immediately re-banished.

More on topic - I agree that it's not a problem.

I also think DE don't need to do anything about it. There are problems with his abilities, but this isn't one of 'em.

Rolling to cancel Banish is sketchy, as for those that want to stay Banished, Rolling is then locked out of use.

should be tied to something that doesn't affect the game.

also, holy Necro batman.

Except that rolling's main purpose is to mitigate damage. If you're already effectively invincible, what purpose is there to rolling?

Might as well put a toggle option in the menu, with regards to whether or not you want to be affected by banish. Personal, I never, ever, want any player to be able to change my status.

I rarely do, but I can think of many, many circumstances where I would... There are many situations where it is beneficial to by invincible.

The problem is communication, it's one thing to ask a teammate to use 'x' skill over voice chat, but most people do not seem to ask. It is more than annoying having helping limbo screw up an easy mission by his misuses of one of his skills.

Only time i have ever had no choice skills (switch teleport, bounce or banish) used on me so farm has been for trolling. I gave up dealing with this garbage and just leave mission if someone uses it on once me without asking.

• 4 weeks later...

I notice from the wiki that banish won't work on capture targets, so why does cataclysm still work?  Just had the capture target make it to the escape room because no-one could touch him.

Like many others I'm going to start aborting missions any time a limbo shows up, because this crap is happening far too regularly.

I really enjoy playing as limbo and always try to use him to benefit my team (ie casting banish on a banshee using soundquake or mesa peacemeaker) one of the main problems comes because most teams dont even know how to take advantage of his skills.

Cataclysm actually is bugged, cant be toggled (the first one) and can make your teammates perma-locked into the rift so i avoid to use it till they fix it (i use it one time for error and some rude people told me they will going to report me...).

Limbo is a great frame a bit situational but great, too bad he has a bad reputation because some people decide to troll with him instead of ask if someone wanna be banished or put a cataclysm on certain area etc.

Also i think players banished should get a message about how to cancel banish, im a bit tired of saying "roll to unbanish" all the time, and most players are not aware of that, even high mastery rank players.

Limbo has his problems, but he should not lose an amazing amount of potential due to how annoying players use him.  The dev team is not at fault, the players are.  All these issues that people are having remind me why we need the player reputation system, an effective way of removing players who are trolling from our games without punishing the people who are actually being helpful.

500-800 clan members can troll and throw someone's reputation away to the Void by one short MOTD.

Edit: I imagine "Victim of the Day: X" message of the day. :]

I agree with fellows, who think it's moral fault not dev's one.

Actually such interactions gives real co-op to the title! This game is all about co-op and I wish to see more things like limbo's bash in this game.

Trolls gonna troll in any way they found. Even if you mute them, they can still spoil the gameplay in many ways (not going to list them all), so vote-kick may come in handy if party is full.

Frames that can strongly troll with abilities?:

Frost, Mag, Loki, Limbo, Vauban, Nyx, Nova, Valkyr, Hydroid...

Why is this topic about Limbo only??

Edited by Archorokin

Actually such interactions gives real co-op to the title! This game is all about co-op and I wish to see more things like limbo's bash in this game.

Trolls gonna troll in any way they found. Even if you mute them, they can still spoil the gameplay in many ways (not going to list them all), so vote-kick may come in handy if party is full.

Not kick vote, because that will be trolled like mad, as happens on other MP games with kick vote....A personal black list function is the way to go. this way you are in control of who you are playing with, you will know if your playing with a blacklisted player and why you blacklisted them. You can then choose to continue, or leave. If linked to matchmaking and you are host, players in your personal blacklist won't be able to join, unless you have allowed it in your options.

This can all be held locally at the client end in a small file and it only really affects you and how you play, it also can't be trolled. Over time, natural selection of a player who continues to troll badly, will lead to troll players being in so many blacklists, they will find it hard to find a team.

I ignore players as there is no personal blacklist, but you can't really see who is ignored or not in game and it lacks many functions.

Not kick vote, because that will be trolled like mad, as happens on other MP games with kick vote....A personal black list function is the way to go. this way you are in control of who you are playing with, you will know if your playing with a blacklisted player and why you blacklisted them. You can then choose to continue, or leave. If linked to matchmaking and you are host, players in your personal blacklist won't be able to join, unless you have allowed it in your options.

This is good solution too, even better than voting. Look, if trolls will kick you, so what do you lose in this case? Time? But you probably will have a bad time playing with them instead.

Voting and blacklisting can work in tandem pretty well, tho: voting is for tactic and blacklisting for strategy playing...

It will take some effort for coder...

Yea this limbo trolling is getting old. Trying to level up weapons and can't because I'm banished. Doesn't happen every match but when it does... makes me not want to play anymore. If they made it to where banished friendly gets power back but can still do and take damage but enemies can't do damage and only take damage from someone who is banished.