Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Troll, Make It Stop De!

7grims

Another limbo troll tread, yeah, it's no news, but the forums should flood with complains until this frame is changed for good.

3 player in a defense, we didn't even make it to wave 4 because of all the trolling, we didn't loose, we all gave up.

This limbo player kept banishing over and over, until my patience burst out, and shame on me, I started insulting him like a mad man, that's how aggravating this ability has become.

The end result, he died, no one helped him to revive, he quit.

The other player end up dead, he quit too, after so many host migration, bam, the game just sent me to the liset.

I want to report this player, but obviously it isn't him I should report, it's the dev team who made this frame.

Edited by 7grims

Another limbo troll tread, yeah, it's no news, but the forums should flood with complains until this frame is changed for good.

I want to report this player, but obviously it isn't him I should report, it's the dev team who made this frame.

DE is currently looking at the issues with Limbo, if you read the Reddit AMA you'd see.

Second, the player is the one who is trolling you guys. He is the one using Limbo as a troll frame when that isn't his design. The devs did not purposefully design Limo to be a troll frame.

Limbo has his problems, but he should not lose an amazing amount of potential due to how annoying players use him.  The dev team is not at fault, the players are.  All these issues that people are having remind me why we need the player reputation system, an effective way of removing players who are trolling from our games without punishing the people who are actually being helpful.

I dunno bro

feedback normally displays the problem

the reason for the problem

and a solution for the problem

though I do agree that Limbo could do for a fix here and there, from what you were saying, he was trolling/didnt know what to do

But then again (giving players the benefit of the doubt) Limbo has quite the learning curve

also

maybe the player only knew Banish because he was low rank and needed to level up

First of all I dont think someone doing something wrong is a reason to do something wrong yourself. Insulting is most likely not allowed even if you think you had a reason for it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Second I think getting angry about something like this is neither healthy nor does it help. Personally I cope with whatever teammates do and most of the time I am good enough to still do the mission no matter what someone else does. More importantly - when someone tries to annoy you and you feed the troll he will go on. Just play around it and almost always a troll will stop trolling. Some nice words can help as well. What goes around, comes around.

Second, the player is the one who is trolling you guys. He is the one using Limbo as a troll frame when that isn't his design. The devs did not purposefully design Limo to be a troll frame.

It's true that they didn't design Limbo that way or encourage trolling, but they're the ones empowering trolls by making his abilities so easy to troll with.

It's true that they didn't design Limbo that way or encourage trolling, but they're the ones empowering trolls by making his abilities so easy to troll with.

This means they have indirectly allowed this, but the blame still goes onto the troll for exploiting the abilities.

This means they have indirectly allowed this, but the blame still goes onto the troll for exploiting the abilities.

I agree, but blaming trolls (who don't care) doesn't solve the problem. DE has to alter Limbo's abilities so that, at the very least, trolling isn't easy for the bad apples in the community.

Second I think getting angry about something like this is neither healthy nor does it help. Personally I cope with whatever teammates do and most of the time I am good enough to still do the mission no matter what someone else does. More importantly - when someone tries to annoy you and you feed the troll he will go on. Just play around it and almost always a troll will stop trolling. Some nice words can help as well. What goes around, comes around.

Yes, i do regret going mad, I did mention that.

But you know whats the funny part?

Now that player can report me to the support, and I get ban.

Do you think I will have a chance to defend myself?

Do you think DE will regard the fact he was picking on me?

No, it will be the end of my fun thanks to that guy.

Edited by 7grims

the only thing i could see is being able to 'opt out' of Banish by means of 'exiting' it.

let players do that and the problem is solved. no Animation for it or anything, so that you don't need to have your gameplay interrupted by the possible trolling.

and problem done.

I think players banished should be able to press the X key to get out of it , even get a notification on the screen when they get banished on how they can get out , this would solve the problem . I have met quite some limbos so far and none were trolls , i got my limbo 2 days ago and when i join a game i just tell them to ask for banish when they need it for energy / invincibility .

Seems the dev team pretty much ignore all mind game aspects of all warframes and allow them to screw with other players.

They seem to be inconsiderate of the victims of these abilities and neglect them during the making of frames like these.

They onyl think of how this frame can positively affect teammates, but never the negative side effects.

One sided thinking going on here.

Seems the dev team pretty much ignore all mind game aspects of all warframes and allow them to screw with other players.

They seem to be inconsiderate of the victims of these abilities and neglect them during the making of frames like these.

They onyl think of how this frame can positively affect teammates, but never the negative side effects.

One sided thinking going on here.

not entirely accurate. Loki for example can not target any ally in the extraction zone(not much but anything else and the ability would lose half of it's intended purpose), so no more Loki trolls throwing people out of extract for no reason. now if they can do the same to ripline and bounce we'd be on the right track to denying trolls while retaining functionality.

You sound really really annoyed or mad :)

exasperated is closer. a ban / blacklist system would solve so many of these types of issues.

it's been requested, begged for, pleaded for, and yet, we still don't have one.

DE doesn't seem to recognize the, very understandable, need for the community to regulate itself.

All we're asking for is the tools to do it within the game. 

(the tools actually do exist, however it takes a bit of knowledge & hackery to make it work)