Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change "ninjas Play Free" To "knights Play Free"

Mak_Gohae

It should say "Ninja Play Free" as that is the more correct pluralization of the word.

The description for Parasitic Eximus:

"A tank who drains Energy from nearby enemies." A Tank.

General Sargas Ruk is not "adorned in", but is "Adorning the finest in Grineer body augments."

This is the type of grammar we are working with.

How did you check?

Remember that when discussing ninjas the talk is more about the mystical side which a lot of folks didnt get.

The game is not hard historical or sci-fi so let's space for some craziness.

But now the space of craziness falls on the concept of Knights.

I checked via looking at what is possible and by knowing that hollywood' portrayal is as far from the truth as it gets without introducing unicorns.

I never discuss the mystical side (read: the BS that various movies teach little kids) when discussing ninja.

If you don't want to talk about historical facts and various aspects of realism, why even bring them up?

The description for Parasitic Eximus:

"A tank who drains Energy from nearby enemies." A Tank.

General Sargas Ruk is not "adorned in", but is "Adorning the finest in Grineer body augments."

This is the type of grammar we are working with.

Fair enough.

I don't see the Tenno resemblance to ninjas. I mean, ninjas have always been the hardest core stealth warriors. Blending in with crowds. Striking with bows from starlit rooftops, all in black. Ninjas have been the knife in your back, the poison in your wine, and the whispers of betrayal all around you.

Tenno just blow sh*t up, starting with the special effects budget. I'm pretty sure the average Tenno attack can be seen from space.

If anything, we're armor-clad space wizards.

your reading to far into it and misunderstanding the meaning.

i dont think they refer to them as ninja in sense of masters of the shadows type stuff but rather the literal definition as "masters of nothing."

able to excel at anything, it maybe sneaking through the shadows, (ash, loki) or running in head on to take down their foe. (rhino, valkyr, ect.)

your trying to attach a label to them that isnt even intended and misunderstanding what they mean when they say "ninja."

your reading to far into it and misunderstanding the meaning.

i dont think they refer to them as ninja in sense of masters of the shadows type stuff but rather the literal definition as "masters of nothing."

able to excel at anything, it maybe sneaking through the shadows, (ash, loki) or running in head on to take down their foe. (rhino, valkyr, ect.)

your trying to attach a label to them that isnt even intended and misunderstanding what they mean when they say "ninja."

What's this master of nothing stuff?

"A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan. The functions of the ninja included espionagesabotageinfiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations."

>Covert agent or mercenary

Most of the players go mad after all sort of trinkets and payment from missions so I'd say it's appropriate to call us ninjas (as in mercenaries) even though the "open combat in certain situations" has changed to "kill everything in sight as violently and loudly as possible".

Edited by Rotaken

We the Tenno aren´t the good guys. 

Good guys fight for a higher good, we fight for the one who pays us the best.

Except we don't fight for whoever pays the best we fight for the Lotus the invasions are just our way of getting paid for something we were going to do anyways which is kill grineer and corpus.