Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

Additions:

- All Cheaters will now be Banned. No Exceptions!

Hacking/Cheating bans are now automatic. Our existing cheat/hack detection code that has been tracking hacks and is now configured to take action automatically now. Do not run hacking programs while playing Warframe. You will be banned.

Changes:

- Inventory Checkpoint for Endless Defense added. Reaching every fifth wave (5, 10, 15…) locks in rewards earned to that point.

There were cheaters ? I knew about the guy that stole account data with his fake site in the wiki. But real cheaters ? And which sad excuse for a gamer needs to cheat in Warframe anyway ?

BIG YES to the Endless Defense changes, btw.

OMG the new Mod UI is sooooooooooooooooo awsome!!!

This is the best!

What the heck. I don't get how to upgrade my installed mods. When I click on them it just makes me drag them around. What button do I press?!

Click on your Warframe/Weapon wrench menu to bring that up. Then click on the mod button on the bottom left and you will see your mods with the little space invaders on the list. Click on the mod you want then go on like before.

Additionally, has any consideration been made to changing the BP drop to a mission-end reward? I feel this would end abort farming all-together and save many of us endless host migrations and potential disconnects.

Thank you for the fixes, sincerely.

Perhaps have the mission end reward chosen from a custom pool for that mission.  This would be similar to a boss drop.  Make the actual boss drop less important.  Maybe the boss could drop a guaranteed random mod instead.

Update 7.8.1:

Additions:

Hacking/Cheating bans are now automatic. Our existing cheat/hack detection code that has been tracking hacks and is now configured to take action automatically now. Do not run hacking programs while playing Warframe. You will be banned.

It's pretty damn lousy that anyone would cheat in this game. Such a shame that DE even has to worry about cheating, waste a second of development time on something so despicable. Let's just hope the llamas are brought to justice.

I am really happy with the UI fixes. I'm thrilled you guys compromised on Defense missions; hopefully, more people will be willing to play something other than Gaia.

Please consider tweaking extraction rewards to reflect enemy levels, the way drops do. I'd like to see more players willing to fight on Narcissus, Palus, and the like.

Update 7.8.1:

Additions:

- Mod UI has received significant improvements:

Added category tabs to the Mod pages

Enabled fusion for installed mods

No longer resets to page one after selling mods

Misc. bug fixes.

Changes:

- Inventory Checkpoint for Endless Defense added. Reaching every fifth wave (5, 10, 15…) locks in rewards earned to that point.

Fixes:

- Fix for inventory transactions committing 3 times if log server is unresponsive

- Fix for spy mission objective resetting after host migration

- Fix Trinity’s Link ability destroying equipped Sentinel.

UPDATE: HOT-HOT-FIXES @ 1:35 PM EST

- Mod UI will now display Shotgun for Primary.

- UI Properly filters out old fusion cores.

- Rename gun Mod categories: 2H is now Primary and 1H is now Secondary.

- UI no longer shows "Equipped" icon for mods that were just purchased

- Added Tooltips for mod tabs.

- Fix for "news feed" inching further and further up the screen each time you relogin to game.

- "Hold to Wall Run" option now properly saves.

- Fixed missed FX when gibbing an enemy on client

- Fix for post-fusion UI errors. Mod slots were not properly vacated, and fusion could be performed in error.

When you say - Rename gun Mod categories: 2H is now Primary and 1H is now Secondary, what do you mean by that?

Additionally, has any consideration been made to changing the BP drop to a mission-end reward? I feel this would end abort farming all-together and save many of us endless host migrations and potential disconnects.

Thank you for the fixes, sincerely.

Yeah...This is so obvious no one thinks about it? Why not move the grand rewards to the end of the mission?

Update 7.8.1:

Additions:

Rebecca, and/or whoever handles the client builds. 

2GvHV.png

Really? Cheatengine is the only thing you're blocking? And that "IsDebuggerPresent" function that almost every client I have ever looked at uses is easily bypassable.

Might I suggest packing the client with TheMida, or some other encryption scheme?

Edited by lolk

I didn't know there are cheaters

Every online game has its cheaters, but its pretty weaksauce to need to cheat in a pve game.. They must really suck at the game or something. Also any eta on fixing the netcode? because most of time I can never connect to anyone, and when I do its so damned laggy its not even worth playing anymore.

Rude.

Also, why do the Fusion Cores show up in every single tab if they have their own tab?

I kinda agree. This is still a beta and the security infrastructure is an important aspect to test. If they had done more testing in closed beta and done some proper work there wouldn't be any cheaters in the open beta. Not sure when / if you guys plan going full release but should really look into this kinda stuff. 

Also the defence changed I could drool over. 

edit: further explanation. 

For people wondering, some people get a rise out of this stuff. It isn't because we suck, and it isn't because we want more stuff than you (those are just the script kiddies). There are people out there that enjoy hacking for the sake of it. I actually messaged support about some things I found granted I likely wasn't the only one but they ended up in the change log. It's fun to hack, but its better to see them learn from where their mistakes are.  I've even built up some theories on how to just mess with the servers, although I stay away from that stuff. It's just spotting weaknesses and alerting them to the flaws so that they can fix this before it gets out of hand. I would like to see this game prosper

Edited by VioletViridian

It is such a pleasure to finally play something where the updates actually make the game better for once (and improve it every single time instead of just once in a while if you're lucky) instead of just wrecking it like some other games out there.  

Mod UI is awesome, thanks so much!

Which brings me to ask, "if my warframe flys around space on the outside of a spaceship, why is a hull breach a big deal?"

If you watch after the ship departs, you'll see two large door things swing close around your character. So they don't actually fly around in space like that - they get enclosed into the ship itself. So at most, they'll have to endure the infinite vacuum of space for a few seconds before they're safe again.

Are we still allowed to use autohotkey?  I know some games consider this a "cheat" even if it does help those with physical handicaps.

I would like to know this as well. I don't use AutoHotkey for anything in the game but I always have it running on my computer

Thank you.

Update 7.8.1:

Additions:
- Mod UI has received significant improvements:
    Enabled fusion for installed mods

No longer resets to page one after selling mods

Thank you