Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improve Performance By Setting A Cap On Active Mods? Sounds Like A Nerf To Me And U Know Where

UndeadGhostWarrior

The only place where this fix is going to have an effect is Viver.

The only effect this fix is going to have is helping people with an old rig to farm it better without risking to crash for the sheer amount of skill spammed, mods dropped and enemies around killing their ram and processors.

Reputation is still going to be the same, and even if they cap it, people will simply stop at wave 1, rinse and repeat.

Which actually is a good thing because allows people for a bio-break rather than staying 40 minutes spamming 4 - 2.

And honestly if you run the map with two Excalibro and some Energy Restore (Medium, not even Large) people could even take turns into gathering the mods during the mission.

*Sighs*

Oh, such an horrible move from DE.

Here's a relevant explanation from Rebecca:

The "50 mod" = 50 simultaneous mods. It's not like once you hit 50 mods, they stop dropping forever. You can still pick up endless amounts of mods provided you pick them up as they drop (or wait a bit then go). The quick session I just had in 10 waves of defense yielded 3 Mods. I think the main point here is that some movement is required. 

For the drops of Void cannisters it is working this way, for whatever reason. There everyone gets a different mod from the same cannister.

But I wish that it would be the same for everyone as well.

that has always been like that because they are not one mod but one random mod, also it makes it so that people need to get to items to see what they have instead of only tracing the ones they want.

You can still get 200 mods per round. 

Ya, I really don't understand all these people worrying over it, you just have to go out and collect the mods a little more frequently. I noticed that in the time it takes to do 1 round where each side has 1 capped we had lost mods in the previous hotfix. Now it is just even more noticeable.

Not if you cant damage and desecrate (with insane aoe) while moving.

Take 15 seconds and collect a large amount of mods at one of the spawns and continue, then repeat at a different spawn location.

Edited by Lypiphera

Honestly, no one cares about the billion ammo drum mods that drop. People care about the hard to get rares. 

This issue will affect other game modes too. Say, I'm playing survival and couldn't get to a rare mod my team mate tagged within time (before we hit 50) and then it disappears? That seems unfair. That said, I never really noticed how many mods drop (and are active at a given time) per mission. I really hope its way less than 50. I think DE would take such statistics into account. 

Anyways, I think it would be nice if DE can implement some sort of filtering. A new common mod will not replace an old uncommon or rare mod.. and so on

If you're reaching 50 mods in survival and you can't reach a tagged one before that, you're too spread and are doing survival BAD.

Seriously...

If there are performance issues then something has to be done about it. Like other people have said this problem is likely only applicable to Viver because no one goes around collecting mods as they drop. I don't think I've ever seen more than 50 or so mods on the floor at any one time in any other mission, including endless missions.

I don't know if they could have done anything else about it but some games (think minecraft for example) like to combine their drops into one pool on the floor if there are many around. This way you only have to render one object rather than 100. Not sure if this is already the case with Warframe.

Either way, pick up your damn loot. Even MMOs don't typically allow you to drop items on the ground anymore, they automatically delete them if you try to. That's because excessive drops on the floor are actually an issue. They also have pretty short timers on how long those items stay on the ground, I have only very rarely seen things disappear from playing Warframe.

Edited by Seraphyx

Or you could not be lazy and actually pick up all the mods during your session.

This hot fix basically says 50 mods will remain on the field without despaening and if another mod drops it will replace one of the current 50.

Or you could pick them up and never have it reach 50, up to you.

Thing is there are plenty of times I've played with people in long defence missions or survivals where we don't pick up all the mods at once and now instead of be able to just not worry about it and keep an eye out for them when we intend to leave we need to go back to scrambling around and worrying about all the awkward places the rare mods can lurk in.

Not to mention this is an unintentional kick in the fork to nekros, who's only real value in a team is the ability to make it rain mods :\ now when you bring him to heavy enemy spawn long play game modes you better be hugging that nekros or you are going to miss out on your drops.

Honestly, no one cares about the billion ammo drum mods that drop. People care about the hard to get rares. 

This issue will affect other game modes too. Say, I'm playing survival and couldn't get to a rare mod my team mate tagged within time (before we hit 50) and then it disappears? That seems unfair. That said, I never really noticed how many mods drop (and are active at a given time) per mission. I really hope its way less than 50. I think DE would take such statistics into account. 

Anyways, I think it would be nice if DE can implement some sort of filtering. A new common mod will not replace an old uncommon or rare mod.. and so on

I care. I care very much about the billion ammo drum mods. So do people in my clan. Those plethora of "waste" common mods are what we use to max our rank 10's. We don't care about the credit cost, and those drop waaaay more than fusion cores. I actually want every mod that drops, if nothing else when I run out rank 10's to level I can sell them for credits. That said a system where commons are the first thing replaced would be better than what I would be willing to guess is a first come first serve system.

Ya, I really don't understand all these people worrying over it, you just have to go out and collect the mods a little more frequently. I noticed that in the time it takes to do 1 round where each side has 1 capped we had lost mods in the previous hotfix. Now it is just even more noticeable.

Take 15 seconds and collect a large amount of mods at one of the spawns and continue, then repeat at a different spawn location.

If you you stop your damage/desecrate to collect mods, enemies will not be killed so no new enemies will spawn/desecrate (fewer enemies = fewer mods).

Edited by aginemi

that has always been like that because they are not one mod but one random mod, also it makes it so that people need to get to items to see what they have instead of only tracing the ones they want.

I know that is has been always like that, but that doesn't make it less of an unfair system that creates envy amongst the same squad mates, especially the ones that have no drop-luck and keep on getting the same crap over and over.

I have seen hosts Alt+F4'ing out of the game just to prevent that another bastard bragging around with the mod drop gets to finish the mission and claim his mods. That's the kind of jealousy I'm talking about.

Such things shouldn't exist and it's the same reason why that "random mod"-mechanic is not applied to general mod drops from enemies. It causes nothing but bad blood if there's not the same reward for everyone.

I don't complain for personal reasons since I've got every single pre-u15 mod (with the exception of the leaked ones) already so I couldn't care less what drops out of the cannisters.

Edited by MeduSalem

Just run around. Not that hard.

And you have played Viver with Nekros?

If you you stop your damage/desecrate to collect mods, enemies will not be killed so no new enemies will spawn/desecrate (fewer enemies = fewer mods).

Edited by aginemi

It would be so much easier for everybody just to have a "party loot" at the end of the mission. I get a mod? We all get it! And as soon as someone collects it, it desappear for everybody thus no clones. Please implement a party loot.

Not to mention, this would drastically decrease headaches during archwing missions *cough* WITHOUT A CARRIER *cough*

Edited by Ivelor

So you NEVER take the time to collect mods? Because even taking the time at the end of the mission leaving 1 alive is time you could be killing more mobs in a new game.

Do you play solo or something?

damage = mag/excal , collect=no damage

desecrate = nekros , collect=no desecrate

trinity = energy vamp, collect=no energy

Don't we all play solo sometimes? syndicate missions (nobody plays it when Im online)?

So you NEVER take the time to collect mods? Because even taking the time at the end of the mission leaving 1 alive is time you could be killing more mobs in a new game.

Did you understand 50 active mods? There can only be 50 mods on the map.

damage = mag/excal , collect=no damage

desecrate = nekros , collect=no desecrate

trinity = energy vamp, collect=no energy

Don't we all play solo sometimes? syndicate missions (nobody plays it when Im online)?

damage = can fly through the air and cast, besides there are 2

desecrate = can fly through the air and cast

trinity = can fly through the air and cast, besides flow allows some forgiveness

Did you understand 50 active mods? There can only be 50 mods on the map.

Yes, but what I am asking is that you never took time out to collect mods before? You ALWAYS were sitting there casting your one ability? Because that is what it sounds like, after running 100 waves you never took a break, never slept, never ate. You are even right now killing mobs because not killing mobs is not earning rep.