Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improve Performance By Setting A Cap On Active Mods? Sounds Like A Nerf To Me And U Know Where

UndeadGhostWarrior

damage = can fly through the air and cast, besides there are 2

desecrate = can fly through the air and cast

trinity = can fly through the air and cast, besides flow allows some forgiveness

Yes, but what I am asking is that you never took time out to collect mods before? You ALWAYS were sitting there casting your one ability? Because that is what it sounds like, after running 100 waves you never took a break, never slept, never ate. You are even right now killing mobs because not killing mobs is not earning rep.

What I was saying is that you cant get 200+ mods per round with the current cap. And trinity doesn't need flow on viver, maybe mag/excal/nekros needs it (but I dont use flow).

BTW I watch movies while earning rep. lol

The only problem I have with this change is that DE is making it sound like the only reason why it's happening is because of performance issues. Maybe I'm a cynic, but I don't buy it.

I don't care if they nerf/rework/alter something, but at least come out and be honest about it. 

Well there's your problem -__-

The only problem I have with this change is that DE is making it sound like the only reason why it's happening is because of performance issues. Maybe I'm a cynic, but I don't buy it.

We're just heading into baseless conspiracy territory now.

There's never been a problem with mod farming, and the "too many mods on screen" lag is a well known performance issue. I suppose they could have some ulterior motive...I'm just not buying it though.

I don't care if they nerf/rework/alter something, but at least come out and be honest about it. 

Like I mentioned before, this was already happening but at a higher number prior to the hotfix.

What I was saying is that you cant get 200+ mods per round with the current cap. And trinity doesn't need flow on viver, maybe mag/excal/nekros needs it (but I dont use flow).

If you stop watching movies, or at least take a break of watching it every 45 mods, you can get 200+ mods per round. Flow is for the other frames so that trinity can go collect mods...

Do you have a source to back up that claim?

I seem to recall them doing this for performance a long time ago (but can't seem to find it in the old patch notes), but I did notice it prior to this hotfix in Viver. In one of my groups there was a guy who went off often to neutralize nods and he got ~30 more mods than me, I did it more infrequently, and I got ~30 more mods than the other 2 (which were almost even). After each round we would all go collecting all the mods. Unless he happened to find 2 large caches the other 2 missed and I found 1 I would conclude that our running around got us mods that despawned for the other 2.

- Changes to logic with pickups. Change allows more drops to accumulate by separating the ‘recycle bin’ into to 3 sections:

- New credits will evict old credits

- New ammo/health/energy will evict old AHE

- New resources will evict old resources

Before, new credits could evict the space of old resources, we now have categories.

Closest I could find, and I am tired of looking.

Edited by Lypiphera

I don't think players should defend this change. Performance improvements can be done in a ton of other ways.

We actually had a limit like this in Closed Beta and it sucked. I thought the game was evolving and improving overall. This isn't a positive change.

I came up with a couple of ideas to 'improve' performance without hard changes to the flow of the game:

A) at 50 mods existing the next drop doesn't despawn the oldest mod drop. Instead it loses all particle effects and turns into a static model.

B) reduce all particle effects of all mods and/or replace with basic models. Added as an option in game settings

C) not rendering ammo drops farther than 25/35/50/70 meters. Added as an option in game settings.

Edited by MaverickZero

snip

The issue isn't with graphics but with memory so these changes would not help. Currently the game utilized my entire memory (I have 4 gigs) and then causes the game to hang causing me to d/c (pretty sure Windows is putting Warframe into virtual memory).

Do you have a source to back up that claim?

Um... I'm gonna use common sense as a source to say that the game wouldn't be able to handle 3 million mods flashing on screen. If it can't handle 3 million, there must be some limit lower than 3 million. Maybe higher than 50, but there was definitely a limit.

The issue isn't with graphics but with memory so these changes would not help. Currently the game utilized my entire memory (I have 4 gigs) and then causes the game to hang causing me to d/c (pretty sure Windows is putting Warframe into virtual memory).

I'm pretty sure what I suggested would take some of the Ram load off.

What have people with 8+ gb RAM, 2+ gb VRAM and 3rd or 4th generation i5's/i7's done to deserve this?

It punishes a portion of the playerbase (which could be the majority) to help people with low-end PC's in a situation where even Rebecca says is unlikely. I'm saying that this is no excuse by any means. A bluff to hide an ill-deserved nerf that doesn't solve anything. Lazy at best.

If they were to be turned into something else I wouldn't mind at all, but then again, it's very uncommon that I ever play a game where there are 50 mod drops before we extract, I don't think I will notice the change personally, but I can still understand how this would feel limiting.

Edited by Temphis

I'm pretty sure what I suggested would take some of the Ram load off.

What have people with 8+ gb RAM, 2+ gb VRAM and 3rd or 4th generation i5's/i7's done to deserve this?

My 1st generation Core i7 860 is still faring quite fine too! :P

But honestly... that there are still people around with 4GB RAM and/or 32bit systems is all Microsoft's fault for not killing off the 32bit branch earlier with Windows 7 like they said they would but eventually didn't. They should have thrown the dead weight off by 2009 already.

That would have set a trend in the computer market and 32 bit systems would probably be extinct by now or probably more something like a rare obscurity. Probably every computer sold on the market would at least have 8 GB installed by default now because of how cheap RAM has become anyways.

But as it is now they are probably carrying over the 32 bit branch even to Windows 10 which is just ridiculous at this point. Because that will lead to an excuse for computer resellers to sell another truckload of computers that have 4GB of RAM or even less.

But what gives... giving Microsoft business advice is like trying to make a tanker do a U-turn. You'd have a greater chance to succeed turning a real tanker on the spot with your bare hands.

Edited by MeduSalem

snip

I run a 64bit OS, and have for a at least 2 previous computers, however it is the limitation of my motherboard that limits me to 4GB. My friend also runs a 64bit OS but he is only running 2GB RAM, though if I recall its because he spent all his extra money on a 2GB video card, lol.

One of the stupidiest things I've seen thus far.

I would of understood if the next event The Grineer blow up Eris more than this

Do they know this also effects Void Defense missions right?

Edit: also

"Thing is, on Viver, the whole standing still thing is actually quite a delicate thing. It's boring as heck, but it works as long as all four/three players are working together. What is happening on Viver is that players have figured out a way to effectively lock down the entire map using what is given to them. Why this is being punished is beyond me as this is what DE has made it the first place."

Basically this comment........you're punishing people because we are playing your game accordingly....so sad...makes my stomach turn 

this is close to the same @#$ about stamina.....people who are slow and want to open up every little box vs the people who want to move swift and agile while killing in a ninja way

what to they do?

nerf stamina entirely

Edited by Ishki88

Do they know this also effects Void Defense missions right?

So you're telling me that *all* that you ever do in a void defense mission is hug the pod for 30+ waves and never go out when there are only one or two shield drones remaining and loot the place?

Or that you never go out to collect ammo and stuff in between waves?

Because unless you afk in a safe location I honestly can't see how the mod limit is going to affect you at all.

What's the point of just sitting at the pod even when there is only a shield drone or other helpless enemy and adamantly refusing to pick up any drops?

Becuase I can gaurentee that if you actually, you know, move and pick up the drops during the lulls in the action that you'll never miss out on a mod drop in defense.

I run a 64bit OS, and have for a at least 2 previous computers, however it is the limitation of my motherboard that limits me to 4GB.

Oh well then... Must be a pretty awkward motherboard then because of how most of them at least have 4 DIMM slots, which is pretty much standard for any ATX or µATX board, basically enabling to have 4*2GB or 4*4GB modules. Even the small/exotic boards like the Mini ITX boards with only 2 DIMM slots would at least allow to insert 2*4GB modules. oO

So I'm actually pretty much surprised that it's a motherboard limitation.

Is it by any chance a notebook? ^^

My friend also runs a 64bit OS but he is only running 2GB RAM, though if I recall its because he spent all his extra money on a 2GB video card, lol.

Picard_facepalm.jpg

Don't know what else to say about that.

It's like assembling a 600hp car that needs 30litres on 100km and then only use a 20l tank because you are short of money.

Edited by MeduSalem

This probably works as a nerf for Viver, but I can attest to it being a performance issue as well:

After so much time of not picking things up on Viver my game starts to lag up, I attribute it to the sheer number of items that are out there that the game is having to process - mods especially since they're the most visually complex of all the drops.