Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #41 + Aftershow!

[DE]Rebecca

Question:

In Primetime #50, DE stated that the reasons for the nerfs were because of macro use, and that only a few players use them.  So, why do the rest of us have to lose our fun, why does our game play have to get nerfed, because of some macro users?  What specific harm does anyone suffer from macro users such that our loss of fun, of game play, is warranted?

Right now it looks like DE's response would be something like:  "Um, uh, because ... um ... balance!  We listen to the players!   Balance!  Balance!  We listen to ........"  DE hasn't shown how anybody is getting hurt by macros, let alone why a lot of us would have to lose our fun because of a few of them.

Edited by ThePresident777

-With Vivergate, major updates, and the nerfbat/buff hammer being swung about there's not been much discussion about stances lately(Specifcally, how one stance for a weapon trumps another so dramatically you're put at a statistical disadvantage to not use the "better" stance. Ex: Iron Phoenix vs Crimson Dervish). Is there any news that can be shared at this time regarding the... equalization* of the stances?

*Certainly, the harder to obtain stances should have something(a bonus) about them other than completion and aesthetics, but I'm not convinced a 300% damage multiplier which makes the other stance entirely useless in comparison, is the proper approach.

-Furthermore, Blind Justice(the latest Nikana Stance) offered an almost entirely different set of idle, finisher, and blocking animations- will this be a trend on future stances, and will older stances get a similar treatment eventually?(Love how it looks, by the way)

Edited by KamijoTouma

Question:

Can we have all skills affected by LOS by end of this year ?

If DE is serious on making big changes, speed up the time line and do it immediately.

Then once everything is done, fresh feedback can come in, rather than people just playing their "un-nerfed" frames.

So let's start everything anew asap.

Edited by fatpig84

.what are your plans for saryn (as she will obviously be the next frame to receive your special treatment)? toxic gas with line of sight?

.what are the plans for energy restores? even if you remove EV from the game, energy restores will be used instead (trust me i've seen people burn through crazy amounts in one mission)!

.what are the compensations for the recent and coming nerfs? excalibur and mag especially are ridiculous now. added CC always seemed to fare well with people (i wouldn't mind EV pulse stunning/slowing nearby enemys).

Q:

What's the next frame in line for a rework (like Oberon).

Are there any new mechanics or damage types on the horizon? Limbo took warframe in new directions, so was he the vanguard for things to come?

How often do you review the metrics on frames, weapons, and maps played (if there are any), and how does that affect game development? Can you share some of those findings?

I'm curious about the play testing cycle for new events, frames, etc. Could you share a bit on how this works?

Are there any other facial attachments coming or in progress?

Is there any chance, the smallest chance, that Tenno can keep their moustaches? At least on the liset? :3

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Edited by UnderFiend

Hey devs! As a facial hair enthusiast myself, I've found quite a bit of joy in your marvelous Movember additions to the game. I can't wait to participate in a record setting event all the while sporting a fashionable lipwarmer :D I do have two questions:

-Back in Devstream #36, I asked a question about the Season 3 helmets. Since then, we've seen additional helmets for Loki and Nova, but other than that, we've seen no new additions. I'm still waiting with baited breath for the rest of the Season 3 helmets- are there any more potential helmets you can show us? :3

-Are we ever going to get another weapon in the nikana family? I'd love to see some other interpretations on the design, as much as I love the Dragon Nikana in all its beauty!

Edited by Gryphon4848

Any plans on making it so Orokin Reactor/Catalysts can be obtained in a more rapid pace with enough effort? As it stands you still technically sell power, just like with old Arcane helmets, most of my weapons I have I cannot use because I do not have those anymore, and after putting hundreds of dollars into the game, seems silly to have to put more to make new weapons late game viable. I know there is player trading, but that is clunky and unsafe at best, need a reliable in game method of getting them.

With the way Rep is currently handled you discourage, frustrate, and in some cases harm your players. You have us work and work and work to get our rep up and come time to clock in instead of us being rewarded for our efforts and dedication to our syndicate you have us not only lose all of the rep we worked hard to get but also make us have to pay. For the new players especially the money and resources they have to pay up sets them back and once they get to the potato stage they are hitting a brick wall. They have to choose between improving their play, and throwing away all of their work for no value.

Are there any plans to fix this?

Perhaps changing the "sacrifices" from being monetary and resource/item based to being "challenging work" based, special missions?

A change to the rep system itself by splitting it into 2 sub categories, Honor and Favor where Honor is the "rank exp" while Favor is the "currency"?

Perhaps changing the offering system so that players can choose to offer up credits, resources, or items for additional Favor to spend?

Change the Rep to come from objective completion (waves,time blocks, drills, mission completion) rather then from exp with boosted rep gain coming from syndicate missions and higher level missions?

1. Remove the reputation gain rate dependence of the affinity.

2. Buff reputation gain from daily syndicates alerts.

3. Add new time-limited alert-type with such rewards as "+1000 rep to syndicate_name".

4. Bonus rep for killing enemy death squad(1000) and platoon(1500).

5. Put on sigil gives a fixed rep bonus for completing the mission. The more expensive the sigil, then more bonus. To gain a rep bonus, mission could last a specific time, but bonus mustn't depend on extra time. 

6. Add the new extractor - "info-worm" The worm is put on the planet as the extractor and "dig" you little by little rep (by hacking enemy systems and stealing important information etc.). Argon or oxium is needed for crafting. Each installation of the worm is worth 10k credits.

7. Add possibility to give kubrow anb spectres to syndicates for the reputation reward (for base defence or researches).

8. Make syndicate rewards be purchasable by something other than rep (not needed if other stable sources of rep gain is added).

9. Add a time-limited syndicate's offerings such as 1000 rep for prime part, cash of resources or even whole guns. The idea is gaining rep for supporting your sydicates with resources.

10. Syndicate-theme alerts, such as: Meridian get defence missions, Cephalon get espionage mission, Red Veil get resque mission etc.

11. Bonus rep for several people in squad with the same sigil. It will enforce cooperation for completing missions.

Edited by _Menma_

Would it be possible to improve on the behaviors of specters purchased from syndicates? From what I noticed my Shield ospreys tend to act with corpus programming,it would roam the battlefield rather then staying close to the warframe that summoned it. I saw that when a teammate used a Moa specter it made the shock wave specter it's priority, I would lose sight of it and wonder if it was destroyed or roaming.It would be great if you could fine tune the syndicate specters to act more like Tenno specters.

Sorry but I have 1 question..and this is my first time post at here..because my english so poor so i rarely post at here

But..after 15.2.0,the MAGPrime's skill2 "Shield Polarize" cant restore shield anymore,no matter herself or teammate's shield

what happened?...Is it just a bug or nerf...?I love MagPrime so much..and I can understand all of your change about evil vivar

but why now MagPrime could not even protect herself........

Edited by carlorfflin

Sorry but I have 1 question..and this is my first time post at here..because my english so poor so i rarely post at here

But..after 15.2.0,the MAGPrime's skill2 "Shield Polarize" cant restore shield anymore,no matter herself or teammate's shield

what happened?...Is it just a bug or nerf...?I love MagPrime so much..and I can understand all of your change about evil vivar

but why now MagPrime could not even protect herself........

Enjoy, sugar.

Edited by _Menma_

This video explains all the problems and solutions to 15.2

His interception remarks aside, I think a lot of people agree with the notion that Rep should not be tied to affinity. And the Destiny analogy is something DE should consider.

The idea to tie mastery rank into a rep multiplier actually makes a lot of sense to me, and would probably be pretty welcomed by Vets along with giving more motivation and meaning to Mastery rank.

1. Now that we have the Archwings a whole bunch of new possibilities open up for new kinds of missions.
Have you guys thought about adding missions where you enter a ship by Archwing then continue on foot to destroy the reactor core then bail out with your archwing? Or just combining regular gameplay with archwing gameplay?

2. Are there any plans to change the minimap for archwing mode?

3. Now that we are able to shape Sigils to our liking, even though its still very limited, will the same happen for Sugatras?
People liked the bug where the Sugatra became really big so why not add a width / length slider for more personal customization?

more questions

will you guys ever improve archwing melee with stances to alter animations, as it currently stands achwing melee feels lack luster

speaking of melee are you guys open to new melee weapon types, like rapiers, nun-chucks, spears, wrist blades etc

will primary and secondary weapons get attachments like sugatras

which boss rework will be released first? J3 or tyl regor

will there ever be another .5 frame release like oberon

Edited by Melos-mevim

for each DE member on the couch:

If you could change anything under your purview (or someone else's purview if truly necessary), what would you change, why would you change it, and why have you not already changed it?

Edited by zoboso