The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wednesday Hype! Are You Ready For 15.2!? (Ready Or Not, It's Here!) (R.i.p Viver + Excalibur, Mag, Trinity)

Valafor

Not sure quite how to feel about this just yet.

On one hand, LoS is a good balancing mechanic. On the other hand, there are abilities that shouldn't get it/don't need it, and previous incarnations of the mechanic have been notoriously wonky when it comes to interactions with light cover. 

Well, I suppose I'll wait and see.

Edit: lol @ the new title. Really?

I thought I was being satirical. Apparently I was being prophetic. 

I'll not overreact before testing this patch, but what I can say right now is that the last time a power was tweaked to affect line of sight enemies was a complete mess. Hope this one doesn't break specific abilities or the viability of some Warframes.

Changes are coming to a handful of Warframe abilities, notably to include a degree of 'line-of-sight' checks.

I am sincerely hoping that if the Rad Jav is being nerfed in this way, his other abilities will compensate. In it's current state, it seems to have replaced Radial Blind as Excal's only useful ability (Super Jump being crazy situational).

I thought I was being satirical. Apparently I was being prophetic. 

It was highly likely to begin with. Experience tells that Dev's in general don't think like normal people.

Ex: the sinks pipes are busted and leaking everywhere. Dev's go replace the sink and leave the pipes as they were. Not even duct taped them..

Yes Update 15.2.0 is coming today! The update notes will have all the details, but give a heads up on dev's coming changes:

Changes are coming to Interception missions, notably:

- Points can no longer sit neutral, they must be owned by either AI or players

Changes are coming to a handful of Warframe abilities, notably to include a degree of 'line-of-sight' checks.

I strongly urge anyone immediately reacting to those sentences to await the notes + testing before giving feedback (I myself will be running numerous missions as well to assess the changes). Too many good Tenno are falling into reactionary profanity (and sometimes threatening) posts that offer nothing constructive and can be avoided if approached with Tenno honour.

Well those statements make me put on my "nrrrrrg nuuuuuu" face, but I'll hold off judgement until I see them in action. Be warned though I've had plenty of time today to stalk up on mortar and bricks for fresh walls of text ;)

Yes Update 15.2.0 is coming today! The update notes will have all the details, but give a heads up on dev's coming changes:

Changes are coming to Interception missions, notably:

- Points can no longer sit neutral, they must be owned by either AI or players

I strongly urge anyone immediately reacting to those sentences to await the notes + testing before giving feedback (I myself will be running numerous missions as well to assess the changes). Too many good Tenno are falling into reactionary profanity (and sometimes threatening) posts that offer nothing constructive and can be avoided if approached with Tenno honour.

My reaction will be glowing if there are positive changes made as well, e.g. additional syndicate alerts and scaling reputation gain for purchased sigils. If interception being nerfed is all that's happening to syndicates in this major update, I'll just be disappointed.

I am sincerely hoping that if the Rad Jav is being nerfed in this way, his other abilities will compensate. In it's current state, it seems to have replaced Radial Blind as Excal's only useful ability (Super Jump being crazy situational).

They are nerfing everything until no one wants to play anymore !

It was highly likely to begin with. Experience tells that Dev's in general don't think like normal people.

Ex: the sinks pipes are busted and leaking everywhere. Dev's go replace the sink and leave the pipes as they were. Not even duct taped them..

Pretty much. ^^

But that's a problem that arises when they can't see the wood for the trees anymore.

Edited by MeduSalem

I feel the ones being reactionary here are you DE, letting the rest of the game suffer because of one node.

Changes to Viver are needed, I agree, but those are more related to your very simple spawning system that players have figured out and exploited.

Maybe instead of going with the simple "players are doing something we don't like so we'll remove/change it" you do all too often you should take a step back and look at what causes these trends among players, in this case the ridiculous Syndicate grind (more than 1000 hours of playtime) that veteran players don't feel like putting up with.

The simple solution to your Viver problems would be to make Syndicate standing not directly farmable and increase the gained amount to something that allows for meaningful progression while doing normal missions. But that apparently requires too much thought and effort.

These hastily thought out and implemented solution do not fix the problem and only attempt (badly) to fix the symptoms.

Also the LoS mechanic will probably be bugged and unfunctional, introducing yet more problems.

I feel the ones being reactionary here are you DE, letting the rest of the game suffer because of one node.

Changes to Viver are needed, I agree, but those are more related to your very simple spawning system that players have figured out and exploited.

Maybe instead of going with the simple "players are doing something we don't like so we'll remove/change it" you do all too often you should take a step back and look at what causes these trends among players, in this case the ridiculous Syndicate grind (more than 1000 hours of playtime) that veteran players don't feel like putting up with.

The simple solution to your Viver problems would be to make Syndicate standing not directly farmable and increase the gained amount to something that allows for meaningful progression while doing normal missions. But that apparently requires too much thought and effort.

These hastily thought out and implemented solution do not fix the problem and only attempt (badly) to fix the symptoms.

Also the LoS mechanic will probably be bugged and unfunctional, introducing yet more problems.

Dramatic-Clapping-Crying-Meme-Face-Of-Ci

INB4 they nerf Viver, kneejerk nerf the frames that were popular on Viver and don't fix the reason why people even started farming on Viver.

Viver existed for ages in that current form. It would be beyond stupid not to ask themselves: Why has it become popular now?

because people like easy money and try to sell at over 200p things they get in 30 mins in viver

If the line of sight changes are what I think they are....

ugh. Just hearing "line of sight" makes me want to uninstall the game, honestly.

Agreed, and it isn't even because LoS is necessarily a bad thing but because it is most likely going to be bugged out as hell.

We'll have to see though.