Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Even With The Nerfs Viver Farming Will Not Stop

fatpig84

Seriously you killed 3 frames.

Fine.

But does that stop others using press 4 to pwn frames ?
Well no. See those frames have no LOS in their abilities.

3 down, that's fine. People will switch over to another frame and then another again.

Then your Viver farm train is still on again.

Then predictably you nerf those (like Overload getting LOS since you can't see ze lights LOL).

So when does your nerf train stop ?

Until ALL frames have LOS limited abilities ?

Why not just change the freaking map or gasp, make syndicates not tied to Affinity ? Or a spawn tweak ?

Or because Viver and all of you derps gloating about how many syndicate points you all farmed by standing stock still alerted DE to an extreme imbalance, and they're now going down the list of warframes and changing them to have LoS, starting with the ones in this update?

Because the DE motto: If it isn't broken, we'll break it for you.

...Seeing as people were getting 20-50k syndicate standing in one mission....yeah, that was broken.

And people still are it seems, so *shrugs*

Edited by SoulEchelon

Might as well continue farming Viver with other frames then.

DE will nerf every frame until no powers at all are useful.

Then people will stop playing.

Then DE will try to fix things properly.

Edited by Kruglov

Or because Viver and all of you derps gloating about how many syndicate points you all farmed by standing stock still alerted DE to an extreme imbalance, and they're now going down the list of warframes and changing them to have LoS, starting with the ones in this update?

...Seeing as people were getting 20-50k syndicate standing in one mission....yeah, that was broken.

And people still are it seems, so *shrugs*

I fail to see how that necessitates a nerf to several frames (a nerf of this magnitude anyway). DE SHOULD have changed the point system (separate them from affinity being an example) rather than nerfed several frames into crap-tier. LoS on Radial Blind made sense. Radial Javelin which just got buffed being nerfed back into a quasi-pre-buff state doesn't make any damn sense. Making Shield Polarize require LoS makes absolutely no sense. Since when do magnets only affect you when you are within their LoS? And poor old neglected Trinity finally got some attention from DE, but sadly it was just so they could kick her in the teeth a few times. 

no the problem was this completely ludricrous grindwall for the rep, like what did they expect, people are gonna exploit, all they had to do was the interception change and leave the warframe abilities alone, but nope we gotta go full retard and nerf some ish too...

whats next gonna nerf rhino stomp even though his ability is based on gravity cause we gonna add realism to the game???

We are effin space ninjas with DBZ powers and they trying to add realism.......DA FUQ!?

no the problem was this completely ludricrous grindwall for the rep, like what did they expect, people are gonna exploit, all they had to do was the interception change and leave the warframe abilities alone, but nope we gotta go full retard and nerf some ish too...

whats next gonna nerf rhino stomp even though his ability is based on gravity cause we gonna add realism to the game???

We are effin space ninjas with DBZ powers and they trying to add realism.......DA FUQ!?

Lol but yeah i agree and last time i checked Magnetism isnt affected by LOS. Nice logic DE.

Exactly.

Nothing was changed.

Nothing has changed indeed. Which may mean Viver simply shined a light on what DE believes is a problem with certain abilities' mechanics. This might actually NOT be the "fix" they're going to do towards Viver. We'll just have to wait and see.

Then DE will try to fix things properly.

you mean then Sumpo will close DE down because it isn't generating the profit they expected? right.

sure, it is entirely DE's decision what they do with the game. if they want people to only use two or three specific frames because everything else is situational or mediocre at best, then so be it.

what really has me shaking my head is that they rather run around with the nerfhammer based on what they read on the forums or reddit or saw in youtube videos and literally just knocked the three frames mentioned back into obscurity. well done, DE. well done. oh, they also fixed limbo, sure, quicker than usual I see, i wonder why that had been so hasty all of a sudden.

on the risk of actually breaking interception missions, but with the hope of either getting these three frames unnerfed and maybe them rethinking their syndicate system, there is a pretty easy 'fix' for the symptome that is viver. i wrote a lengthily post in the hotfix thread but i guess it will be buried by whiners and by haters that are gleefully happy about nerfs as long as some others that didnt play like them are slapped over the head by them.

this is what you should have done, Scott: you dont nerf frames that were already situational at best, you put a respawn delay on interception missions. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, that needs to be tested and tweaked, but that is the way to bring interception down to what rep per hour you can get from defence, md and survival.

hell, i didnt even study game design. i dont write my own games, i just play a ton of them. i understood this fault in any interception mission, not just viver, after the second viver farm i was in.

guess what, numbers dont generate difficulty. stop dumping exp dispensers into the map when they die the moment they spawn. a team that decimates the enemy population deserves a few moments of quietness, especially when the mission type at hand isn't about killing stuff, but capping points. there is no difference between camping a cap point and killing constantly or killing every other few seconds.

if DE would actually play their own game, outside of 'yepp, it runs, it doesnt crash on mission load, its fine, ship it', they would have figured this out last week already.

i by now dont even wonder why DE's other games are okay at  the very best. i played Dark Sector, i dont remember anything all about it other than there was a glaive in it. whenever i try to remember it, i strangely think way more fondly of Wanted. i cringe whenever i see that Startrek mess, it was embarrassing to defend DE, to defend Warframe to others.

they really created something potential with Warframe, but their antiquated and strange design decisions make it feel clunky at times. they dont seem to be on top of things, they dont seem to play their own game and i mean more than just fair weather 'let me host this, right next to the account servers too' kind of playing, i mean joining random pugs and trying to push to MR17 without spending plat - which is possible, thankfully. they dont seem to have a gameplan and especially lately just  go from one player agenda laden suggestion to the next.

Nothing has changed indeed. Which may mean Viver simply shined a light on what DE believes is a problem with certain abilities' mechanics. This might actually NOT be the "fix" they're going to do towards Viver. We'll just have to wait and see.

Scott: "It's time to nerf all the frames !" ^o^

Then releases Focus™ that has a super high unlock that allows your powers to ignore LOS.

Righhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt

Why not just change the freaking map or gasp, make syndicates not tied to Affinity ? Or a spawn tweak ?

For the love of baby Jesus, DO NOT lower the spawn rate. I find it hard to believe any veteran player would suggest this.

Unless by 'spawn tweak' you meant something else, in which case you can feel free to ignore me.

The truly easy way for DE to fix Viver would have been to simply lower the spawn rates to something like Void Survival spawn rates. In other words, make another incredibly dull mission where you spend the majority of your time waiting around for something to fight. I applaud DE for not doing this.

Is nerfing a bunch of Warframes now and in the future the right move? Not at all. Though to be fair, I'm not sure what the solution here is. There's always gonna be a huge conflict between DE wanting to make money and people wanting to be able to farm stuff themselves. With the latest frame nerfs, we players are definitely on the losing side of the conflict.

For the love of baby Jesus, DO NOT lower the spawn rate. I find it hard to believe any veteran player would suggest this.

Unless by 'spawn tweak' you meant something else, in which case you can feel free to ignore me.

The truly easy way for DE to fix Viver would have been to simply lower the spawn rates to something like Void Survival spawn rates. In other words, make another incredibly dull mission where you spend the majority of your time waiting around for something to fight. I applaud DE for not doing this.

Is nerfing a bunch of Warframes now and in the future the right move? Not at all. Though to be fair, I'm not sure what the solution here is. There's always gonna be a huge conflict between DE wanting to make money and people wanting to be able to farm stuff themselves. With the latest frame nerfs, we players are definitely on the losing side of the conflict.

That is why I started this thread when they are talking about "reviewing Viver"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/343391-so-de-will-review-viver/#entry3835241

On hindsight, I already knew that DE will do something drastic that is why I pleaded them NOT to touch the frames.

I already told them just change the map.

Change the map and things go back to normal.

Hell maybe more interception nodes see play.

But DE took the absolute worst way out.

You nerf this bunch of frames, another bunch will take their place.

Soon you will have every frame affected by LOS while our enemies auras still aren't affected.

Edited by fatpig84

It's a balancing act for sure. DE kind of dug their own hole with this one. They gave players the tools to do exactly what they're doing now, and trying to rebalance it in any way that effects the warframes or weapons themselves will be immediately taken as an attack.

They should've-

That is why I started this thread when they are talking about "reviewing Viver"

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/343391-so-de-will-review-viver/#entry3835241

On hindsight, I already knew that DE will do something drastic that is why I pleaded them NOT to touch the frames.

I already told them just change the map.

Change the map and things go back to normal.

Hell maybe more interception nodes see play.

But DE took the absolute worst way out.

You nerf this bunch of frames, another bunch will take their place.

Soon you will have every frame affected by LOS while our enemies auras still aren't affected.

...did this. I agree. I myself don't really care about line of sight being implemented on all warframes - as long as it's balanced and, as stated in that last sentence, enemies are given that same rule too. However IF they were implementing this specifically to combat the farmers at Viver, then indeed it wasn't the best choice. I still think Viver just alerted them to something they've wanted to change for a long time now. Context clues (like other warframe abilities getting LoS before this update) kind of give that assumption a small amount of credit. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Meh can you 2 take this to PM or something.

This thread is meant to be... an angry rant with some advice to DE after all :/

You're right.

The change WAS drastic, I do agree with that. I think if they want to introduce true LoS on all abilities like the ones mentioned, they need to do it in a more balanced way as you stated. As of right now, it's far more heavy handed than it should've been, and now people are farming Viver with other warframes strictly out of spite. 

Edited by SoulEchelon

Then DE will try to fix things properly. will finally have the game the way they want it.

There, fixed it for you.

We are all sorry you spent all that money on this game, and DE won't let you sit in one spot and press 4. I mean, you should be able to, right? After paying that much cash.

If the rep amounts were smaller, the Viver "rep farm" would still have been found and used, the only difference is that it would not have been so obvious.

Everyone misses the damn point that DE's main interest is their company first, the rest of the player base second. If they carry out an action, they will weigh the consequences on that chart first.

Hey, if Warframe dies, you all get the last laugh anyway, right?

Edited by DSpite