Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Counter A Limbo Troll.

Sir_Caleb

Today my friend and I were playing a mercury defense to help him level up his Saryn. A limbo joined the game, and in joyfulness I said "Limbo! Brother!", because I was playing my Limbo as well... He did not respond except to banish me and my friend. It only lasted for like 5 seconds. I instantly banished him, and said "Don't even think about it... I have mods," he was banished for about a good 36 seconds. He never casted banish again in the game. When the end of the round came, me and my friend waited to 1 second then left to give him a taste of trolliness. If you play a Limbo, please be a team player... Nothing is fun about trolling someone... Even if you are a Vauban or Loki, it is still pointless to restrict your team in any way. 

Would be nice if DE gave a way for non Limbo players to get out of banish instead of waiting for it to run out if the Limbo is trolling and won't stop or re cast it to get you out of it.

Maybe could be that you need to do a back-flip to get out of it or another parkour move that can dispel it in PvE. 

how to counter limbo trolls : petition DE to fix his awful kit and not make it where banished players cant get drops or pickup objects

ie, limbo needs the Valkyr treatment (for those that dont know, it took several patches before Valkyr was not garbage, now she's pretty awesome, but it was not always so, upon her release she was very gimp)

It was obvious to know his intention, even though he was a low level Limbo... As soon as he got in he banished both myself and my friend... He knew what he was going to do. He payed no attention to the grineer enemies around us.. I banished him so he would know what it's like being banished, it's not fun unless you want to be banished. I was simply teaching a troll (wannabe) that trolling is not a good/nice thing to do.

It was obvious to know his intention, even though he was a low level Limbo... As soon as he got in he banished both myself and my friend... He knew what he was going to do. He payed no attention to the grineer enemies around us.. I banished him so he would know what it's like being banished, it's not fun unless you want to be banished. I was simply teaching a troll (wannabe) that trolling is not a good/nice thing to do.

Not trying to insult you or anything, but showing a Limbo what it feels like to be Banished is like showing a Loki what it feels like to be stealthed.

Not trying to insult you or anything, but showing a Limbo what it feels like to be Banished is like showing a Loki what it feels like to be stealthed.

Being "Stealthed" isn't a way to be trolled. Being banished a way where you cant do damage or pick anything up, is. (basically rendered useless)

And that is why, it is not the best idea to piggy back leeches into Limbo quest.

It seems for me that this player might had been one. As I recall getting limbo theorem in archwing missions was not that easy (especially without mods).

Skilled players can be douches as well.

I usually banish teammates during lulls in the action to recharge energy. Then unbanish as things start happening. Sounds like the troll was you and you just came in here to gloat.

His intention was far from just "giving us energy", and he did it just as the wave got to the core. How daft would I have to be to gloat in the forums to gloat in my GLORIOUS trolling. Thanks.

I once cast Cataclysm on Salad V since we were all gangba--- errr.... dogpiling him, 10 seconds later we kill him and Zanuka.... and I had forgotten the bubble was to last 60 seconds, I could just feel the "really?" in the face of the others, solution: jump down the pit, Cataclysm just dispersed.

If you are Banished, one solution is to jump down a pit, any buffs and debuffs are dispersed.