Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When I Hit Syndicate Exp Cap I Stop Playing.

LtZefar

Quite the nice system you got there, it tells me when to stop playing. Probably not the outcome you want out of it but it's how it works.

How many other people do the same thing?

Solution: Remove cap because we still got 6 entire Syndicates to max out and when we've maxed out one we have to level the other ones so much more. Not to mention the things we need to pay to become on good sides with them.

another solution.....get more mastery points XD

the cap is just fine, you're the first one to complain about it actually, if you have nothing to do after you reached it that's your problem, you can max some weapons or wfs, play some void or farm for stuff....the syndicate isn't the only thing if warframe 

Quite the nice system you got there, it tells me when to stop playing. Probably not the outcome you want out of it but it's how it works.

How many other people do the same thing?

Solution: Remove cap because we still got 6 entire Syndicates to max out and when we've maxed out one we have to level the other ones so much more. Not to mention the things we need to pay to become on good sides with them.

Isn't it better that you comeback to play every day than if you play in one sitting? You would have activities to do daily and when new stuff are released you have more to come back to and eventually you are filled with daily things to do it makes more sense than to play in one sitting get bored and drop the game altogether.

A daily cap make sense. We have a daily cap for trades and many items take a day or more to build. The system is structured around prolonging the experience. What you've just said is that by adding the cap, they've encouraged you to come back tomorrow, but not only that, they've encouraged you to come back every day until you've finally completed all of the syndicates. If they left the 10x rep gain on while removing the cap, they'd have people who max out ALL of the syndicates in a week. 

If I am farming in the void and it hits my cap, would I stop playing?

probably not

as I can always farm for reputation in kiste (like 2500 in a run without any multipler nor boosters), but I want the prime gear so badly that I want them now and to keep farming it until I get it, run out of keys or I really have to go

Edited by akira_him

another solution.....get more mastery points XD

the cap is just fine, you're the first one to complain about it actually, if you have nothing to do after you reached it that's your problem, you can max some weapons or wfs, play some void or farm for stuff....the syndicate isn't the only thing if warframe 

I'm Mastery Rank 16. 

I still got some stuff to level up but if I don't get Syndicate EXP I just stop. It's not worth it and feels like a waste of time.

Are people actually going to try and max ALL Syndicates? I plan on just maxing the Veil and Meridian and maybe going for Sequence or Suda because I'm completely mad.

I'm just maxing Steel Meridian. I use all of my Suda and Hexis rep for their specters.

I'm Mastery Rank 16. 

I still got some stuff to level up but if I don't get Syndicate EXP I just stop. It's not worth it and feels like a waste of time.

well, the syndicate thing is like what...5 or maybe 10% of warframe (maybe less), if you think the rest of it is boring then why are you playing? XD

I'm rank 17 and with the rank bonus i hit my cap very fast without trying to farm or anything and it does make me want to stop playing because i know i gotta play t4s for cores anyways so i might as well wait for the reset tomorrow and get syndicate points too.

It does make me want to play less but i don't think cap should be removed because this is probably only happens if you are high rank and have nothing better to do i don't think it happens to most players.

I'm Mastery Rank 16. 

So did you not play before syndicate update?

Seems like an ok idea to remove cap, i mean hey man if ya want to keep grinding for it then you should get rewarded for it right?

Edited by 911nsidejob

I like shooting things.  Sure, hitting the cap is kind of an "oh darn" moment, but I've been playing for giggles without a background grind for a while now, I can continue to do so again.

And though I really dislike linking reputation caps to mastery rank, I simply don't like the concept of mastery rank to begin with, especially with how many unobtainable exclusives there are floating around in this game.  Oh well, guess I get to level weapons I know I won't really give a hoot about.

If anything, I think syndicate missions should just keep spawning indefinitely without a 24 hour reset.  Just randomly pick a node proper to syndicate rank and give the player a chance to complete them for the reward rep.  Preferably cover ALL level ranges as long as their below rank.  I'd rather not have to run Ceres as my sole source of reputation from missions, no matter how much reputation might be rewarded for it..

Edited by Littleman88

well, the syndicate thing is like what...5 or maybe 10% of warframe (maybe less), if you think the rest of it is boring then why are you playing? XD

At Mastery Rank 16 it takes up far far more than 10%.

The Cap punish people who play past it and I dislike such features.

Someone brought up trade being restricted to a certain amount. I can see it being a pain in the start but for me 10 or more trades per day? Not happening.

I like shooting things.  Sure, hitting the cap is kind of an "oh darn" moment, but I've been playing for giggles without a background grind for a while now, I can continue to do so again.

And though I really dislike linking reputation caps to mastery rank, I simply don't like the concept of mastery rank to begin with, especially with how many unobtainable exclusives there are floating around in this game.  Oh well, guess I get to level weapons I know I won't really give a hoot about.

I missed a lot of event guns yet i hit MR17, so.

At least there's an incentive to actually play the game and not just sit and drink greedy milk (or forgetting the game) after getting a boltor P.

The current approach to the whole syndicates thing seems much more appropriate than what we previously had.

I have no problem with the daily cap, and I have yet to hit it. Level up your mastery rank if you feel your cap is too low. Also, you aren't supposed to be able to max out all syndicates at the same time. You have to pick you alliances and if you want to turn coats, it should have consequences (like having to prove yourself to the other factions and get rid of your negative standing first). 

I personally have no issues with the daily standing cap, I just run my missions like normal. I personally feel like worrying about "losing" standing when you have reached you cap is a bit sad. I have hit the cap every day since it has been instituted, but that's because I play a lot of ODS to farm golem nav cords to help my new player friends get the Nekros. Its all about how you play, so just play the game and enjoy it.

Also if you really want to max out your standings you can always play your syndicate missions after you hit your max as the rewards are given regardless of cap.

I'm rank 17 and with the rank bonus i hit my cap very fast without trying to farm or anything and it does make me want to stop playing because i know i gotta play t4s for cores anyways so i might as well wait for the reset tomorrow and get syndicate points too.

It does make me want to play less but i don't think cap should be removed because this is probably only happens if you are high rank and have nothing better to do i don't think it happens to most players.

T4 interception is better for cores hell even T4 def. T4S is not necessary also how many weapons do you have that are 4 forma+ i find i have so many things to do in the game not just syndicates. i have many weapons that are 4 forma+ and am rank 15 and archwing is still in barebones so there is defintiely more to come. rushing through the game is not the way and most people do it. but the cap is fantastic and helps to encourage gaining mastery ranks which inturn means people will trade more or buy plat.

One of the issues that i have with the cap is that it doesn't really make sense. If you're working for a syndicate they aren't going to suddenly stop rewarding or paying you for the work you're doing for them, otherwise people would just stop doing anything else for them till they decided that it's a good idea to pay the people working for them.

In terms of game play, that cap is like a shot in the knee for anyone that's trying to get the mods the syndicate offers and punishes them in terms of progress for using their standing to get any of the other things that syndicate offers. The sigils thats increase your gain rate seem like an utter waste of reputation if you're doing high level tower missions, and even more of a waste of standing considering how much it cost to get one and how much you can make per day. All they do is make so you hit the cap faster, after which they have no real use unless you want to use it to make your warframe look different.

A hard cap on the standing gained per day over all makes no sense to me on either of those aspects, considering it says extra standing gain it would make more sense if it were refering to the extra standing those expensive sigils can give you. That way for the people who play a lot and do buy one of the those expensive sigils, they do something other than make you hit the standing cap faster and keep you from earning any more that day.

Recently i've been playing various levels of tower defense for most of time that i'm on. At mastery rank 12 just playing those from arround 9AM to 12PM is all it takes for me to hit that cap and stop gaining any more standing. I did buy one of those sigils that increases your gain rate, and at this point i'm regretting spending that bit of standing for something that just makes my gains stop even earlier in the day.

If the goal of that cap is to stop people from farming for standing, like they had been doing on vivier, it at the same time essentially punishes the people who are just playing the game normally and getting their standing that way by blocking them from gaining the standing that they've earned in that mission. 

One of the issues that i have with the cap is that it doesn't really make sense. If you're working for a syndicate they aren't going to suddenly stop rewarding or paying you for the work you're doing for them, otherwise people would just stop doing anything else for them till they decided that it's a good idea to pay the people working for them.

Just to point out, if you consider syndicates as an employer, paying his employees (us Tenno), there is a limited amount they can pay per day for each employee. The better you are at your job (currently our Mastery is the equivalent), the better you are payed, up to a limit.

You can continue working for the employer, but if he states he has no more money, you are doing it for free.

Cap is good to set a long term goal. Along with that, current veteran players can reach high ranks quicker, and new players when joining will be gaining the ranks slowly, but will have a better sense of progression. Once they reach high mastery and high caps, they will most probably already be a rank 5 in at least one syndicate, showing that the system itself, atm, is in a good spot as a gameplay long term design.