Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Gunslinger....why Female?

Zakharon

Hey OP, if you have a problem with a female gunslinger because YOU think of men when you think of famous gunslingers, and because YOU think her legs and arms are a bit too thin BECAUSE she's female (you literally said that ho l y  ssh hh hh hi . you literally said her arms and legs are thin because she's female are you kidding me ) then I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to fight you while we both do handstands on top of my roof because oh man

This is so silly.

Bring on the female gunslinger, DE. I haven't been this excited about a frame concept in a while. If it makes people like this guy mad (or whatever you want to call it), then for the love of god make more like it.

Edited by Soup2504

Why female? Because going against stereotypes can be a good thing. I see no issues why a female character can't fill a stereotypically male role in a game.

Stereotypes and following stereotypes are boring. Variety is the spice of life.

As a guy I like playing as a guy and I love the design of this I would be happier if it was a guy

As a guy I like playing as a guy and I love the design of this I would be happier if it was a guy

"I would be happier if it was a guy" Is probably the stupidest reason why it should be a male. Going back to what fishworshiper said...

"Valkyr is the psychopathic berserker-frame. And she's female."

I did not see you S#&$posting about Valkyr. Grow up.

Edited by H4wkstriker

Now I do agree with the OP that I would have preferred the frame being male BUT I do support what DE is doing and I will play as the new frame regardless of the sex/gender that the frame has been given.

My advice? Don't let your preferences get in the way of enjoying something new, because you may need up missing out on a very enjoyable experience.

Besides..

THE FRAME LOOKS SEXY AS ALL HELL.

The new frames alternate gender, and the last one was male.

Also, the design team has always been fond of kicking design cliches, including gender roles, in the teeth.

Right, Limbo was not stereotypical anime magician character (cliché straw legs and suit)

I would love to see DE stop limiting itself in terms of design just because others used it.

On the topic: Is gender really that important? No voice dialogues, no statistic differences.

Fine make a different frame female something that seems to fit a bit more

What about a pirate? Some of the most fearsome pirates were female, they would of made Edward Teach quake in his boots. Take note: The reason as to why Edward Teach is so famous in piracy history is because of his many "run in's" with gov/royal officials. Now take a look at Ching Shih.

No? Ok how about a "samurai", before samurai was even a term there was female warriors who used the multiple weapons including the katana.

A knight, Joan of Arc anybody? There is a long list of female knights/warriors in different cultures but I'll just put the obvious one down.

Shaolin nun, Ng Mui. Enough said.

Gunslinger oh wait.

Lots of stuff in mythology as well. The Amazons in both Greek and Roman myth. Goddess of; hunt, war, blood shed, list goes on.

Russian urban myth of the White Tights. Female sniper mercenaries.

Edited by Postal_pat

this is sad, i don't even know what to say except, What Is Your Problem?

so say you look at Mag: great against corpus & can be really powerful! but you say: argh! a female.

half the time i don't see the gender at all, i see stats & abilities (and team usefulness)

this is not WoW you can change frames whenever YOU want!!!

piece of advice OP... when you're in battle don't look at your frame, look at your enemies

A discussion like this wouldn't need to happen if there were gender options, but alas, not one. I don't care either way regarding what gender this new gunslinger warframe is because gunslinging has no gender context for me. Sure, I can think of cowboy movies of back then with plenty of male leads, and of course names like Billy the Kid or Clint Eastwood's characters... but recently the gunslinger thing can go either way or between in entertainment media.

And yes, I prefer rolling female frames/player avatars in MMOS and RPGs for all of the reasons anyone can think of.

What does disappoint me about her design is that it wasn't the conceptualized Durga gunslinger-hindu goddess hybrid frame that is in the Fan Concept thread... that one looked interesting :<

Edited by Netsuki

Lights flickering.

A sudden Radial Blind occurs, and a deep voice resonate throughout the room:

'You will be judged, Tenno.'

When the screams and sounds of combat ended to leave only silence...

The smell of the fresh blood of the victims was hanging all around.

Darker than shadows, a fancy silhouette was kneeled on the ground

Sparkling odd soothing gleams all over this pacified violence.

The voice raised again;

You were fighting for pride and a wrong cause.

Seek a new Path, Tenno, and change the flaws

To help you surpass the odds you oppose.

This thread will remain closed due to unconstructiveness and high derailment potential (dozens of replies hidden).
Moved from Offtopic.