Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dialogue Needs Some Variety/work In This Game

SgtFlex

Lotus's lines are old, and aren't really ever helpful. I think they need to be re-recorded, and be more helpful or useful. Sometimes they don't even make sense in some missions

Ordis STILL repeats the same thing. I've never wanted to mute him entirely, but due to the lack of variety ever since we got him, im really starting to get tired of what he says, even if it is more spaced out than before

The syndicates just feel like they're "there". They always repeat the same things at the start of a syndicate mission, and then never again unless you're on the Liset. I'd be really nice if they had more involvement with you (and especially variety in their quotes at the start of their syndicate mission, it's too general, it could be something like "Cephalon Suda needs this Artifact recovered for research and analyzing for futher technological upgrades; Assistance would be greatly appreciated)

Edited by SgtFlex

You goddamn philistines. Lotus has forever been helpful telling me that it was the Grineer. Or that time when she asked me if I was willing to risk going back into the field, even though I was already IN the field. Or that time when she told me to kill everyone when I was 2 meters away from extracting with the datamass. Or when I hadn't moved from spawn at all and she told me I was almost there.

SEE ITS ALL A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE

Edited by Snydrex

You goddamn philistines. Lotus has forever been helpful telling me that it was the Grineer. Or that time when she asked me if I was willing to risk going back into the field, even though I was already IN the field. Or that time when she told me to kill everyone when I was 2 meters away from extracting with the datamass. Or when I hadn't moved from spawn at all and she told me I was almost there.

don't forget the times when she tells you to avoid the fire half way through the mission or that there's ice just as your extracting, those are her most helpful moments!

There was talk a while back of making Lotus' lines be mastery dependent. I still like that idea.

As a rough example:

1-5

"The odds where against us Tenno, good job"

6-10

"You had that well in hand Tenno, mission completed."

10+

"Your success was an inevitability. I almost felt bad for them." :P

It gives variety as you play the game and it would allow the Devs to wean us off Lotus' "helpful tips" dialogue.

don't forget the times when she tells you to avoid the fire half way through the mission or that there's ice just as your extracting, those are her most helpful moments!

the one that makes me cringe is when you are doing an interception and she says "more information is being broadcasted" it... it should be broadcast, the sentence is current tense but the verb is past.... wai lotus, wai have you forsaken the grammar ;m;

give this man a cookie, NOW! =]