The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Frame?

YouMom

Planet Side 2 has male and female chars and the females are not portrayed as toys or whatever, so this isnt the only game that does it.

The only two female things I like in the game is when Lotus says, "bring them to me" and when one of the female frame shouts and does the one foot stomp. Like those.

Edited by kilerskull

We tried to get that with Valkyr.

A thick, amazonian-like frame.

But it seems all  frames use the same set of animation structure and thus must have similar joints and body structures.

(go back to the frames and look at their heights, shoulder base width, hip base without the 'accessory features' and you'll notice all frames share a SIMILAR body build. (actually it should be identical to a degree, though harder to see on some frames)

Edited by LadyScootaloo

We see all female frames has the "similar characteristics" of being shapely, having bewbs and asses, some of which ladies would die for while some are left much to be desired (I'm looking at you zephyr).

Why can't we have a female frame which is bulky/tanky like rhino with huge, heavy armours with tough, muscular physique underneath.

I believe Warframe is one of the extremely few platforms among the entire gaming industries which are able to break the stereotypes of having most/all females characters in the game to be of somewhat having to meet the "sex appeal expectation".

I don't understand what you're saying.

Not to be offensive, but we have fit women in Warframe already. What you're asking for are chunky women. Trust me, I've seen muscular women, my fair share, and not many are quite as built as Rhino. And there is only ONE rhino, who is insanely built as compared to other men in the Warframe universe. Now, here's my real point. 

For this to ever be considered:

1.) You need a concept that includes her powers as being, basically, a female Rhino. And no, she can't be a carbon copy Rhino, because then we'd have to do it for all Warframes; make them gender-swappable. 

2.) We'd also need to have all subsequent builds like the males; We don't have a corpse looking female, like Nekros. We don't have an incredibly tall female frame, like Oberon (or technically Limbo). We don't have a classy females, like Limbo. 

3.) We'd also need to have all subsequent builds for the males; Male jesters, a gunslinger guy, a ragey guy, like Valkyr... 

We tried to get that with Valkyr.

A thick, amazonian-like frame.

But it seems all  frames use the same set of animation structure and thus must have similar joints and body structures.

(go back to the frames and look at their heights, shoulder base width, hip base without the 'accessory features' and you'll notice all frames share a SIMILAR body build. (actually it should be identical to a degree, though harder to see on some frames)

It's basically Excalibur's. Everything was based off Excalibur. 

never said there has to be a limit. just that we don't need more body types. and again do you expect chubby girls to flip? i get that people want more common body types that exist irl but they don't really fit in this game

You said we have enough body types, enough means we have no need for morem you clearly oppose to the idea, why?

I say why not a bulky female frame? how would it harm you?

Also, ask chubby girls, if they can flip, i can't answer that.

You said we have enough body types, enough means we have no need for morem you clearly oppose to the idea, why?

what you are asking for is a rhino with boobs. there really isn't a need for it. men with rhino's build are more common than females so if they released a female frame of that build i don't think that many people, save a few, would really like her. and we really don't need more than we have. that doesn't mean we can't get more. just really unnecessary work on DE's part to get she-hulk in the game

He didn't say he's opposed, he says we don't need it. I said the same thing. Doesn't mean I oppose the idea, I'd be ok with the world's fattest person being a playable character in the game, but from his point of view:

1.) Doesn't make any sense. He can barely move. 

2.) Why do we really need it in the first place besides to appease someone's fetish? 

Also, chubby girls can not flip. From experience of dating one. Let me repeat. They can NOT flip. 

what you are asking for is a rhino with boobs. there really isn't a need for it. men with rhino's build are more common than females so if they released a female frame of that build i don't think that many people, save a few, would really like her. and we really don't need more than we have. that doesn't mean we can't get more. just really unnecessary work on DE's part to get she-hulk in the game

I'm not asking for a rhino with boobs, if you read what we are saying you will understand, also i'm not even asking for anything.

What i'm saying is that this guy says "why not a bulky female frame?" and i say "yeah, why not?" and you come and say "NO WE HAVE ENOUGH!"

so i ask you, why not?...

and you say something like "because everyone knows that nobody likes fat chicks!" 

do you have issues with fat women?

because we weren't really talking about that, but this is the second time you mention it and on top of that you use it as reason to oppose to the original idea... 

He didn't say he's opposed, he says we don't need it. I said the same thing. Doesn't mean I oppose the idea, I'd be ok with the world's fattest person being a playable character in the game, but from his point of view:

1.) Doesn't make any sense. He can barely move. 

2.) Why do we really need it in the first place besides to appease someone's fetish? 

Also, chubby girls can not flip. From experience of dating one. Let me repeat. They can NOT flip. 

I think nobody was asking for a fat frame to start with... 

nothing is wrong with sexual appeal, OP is clearly saying that Warframe design is cool because it doesn't subscribe to the "sexy" standars all the time, some are definitely "sexy" some not so much, we have variety, they can use it or not, that's why we have so many different body types, read more carefully man.

I wasn't replying to the OP per say, rather I was posing the question: 

What's wrong with sexual appeal?

I'm not asking for a rhino with boobs, if you read what we are saying you will understand, also i'm not even asking for anything.

What i'm saying is that this guy says "why not a bulky female frame?" and i say "yeah, why not?" and you come and say "NO WE HAVE ENOUGH!"

so i ask you, why not?...

and you say something like "because everyone knows that nobody likes fat chicks!" 

do you have issues with fat women?

because we weren't really talking about that, but this is the second time you mention it and on top of that you use it as reason to oppose to the original idea... 

I think nobody was asking for a fat frame to start with... 

oh lord it's been you i've been going back and fourth with ~.~ where do you pull these things out of? i have nothing against fat people. don't know where you get that. you must be on something buddy. also if you even read what i originally posted, i went on both ends of the spectrum (extremely thin to fat) but for some reason you stuck on the fat part. now for this whole bulky female thing. what do you think a bulky female would look like?

e8iaHAQ.jpg

i just posted some examples of females with different body fat percentages. the 11% and 15% are body types that females that do body building will generally have, which are along the lines of valkyr and ember. just cause they are a bit on the chestier side doesn't deny that fact. now what is being asked is above this which is borderline "rhino with boobs" territory

oh lord it's been you i've been going back and fourth with ~.~ where do you pull these things out of? i have nothing against fat people. don't know where you get that. you must be on something buddy. also if you even read what i originally posted, i went on both ends of the spectrum (extremely thin to fat) but for some reason you stuck on the fat part. now for this whole bulky female thing. what do you think a bulky female would look like?

e8iaHAQ.jpg

i just posted some examples of females with different body fat percentages. the 11% and 15% are body types that females that do body building will generally have, which are along the lines of valkyr and ember. just cause they are a bit on the chestier side doesn't deny that fact. now what is being asked is above this which is borderline "rhino with boobs" territory

"rhino with boobs" doesn't exist, it's something you invented, what i'm saying is that why not more variety for body types, because you said "we have enough" which is absurd, you can have enough money to buy a particular product, or enough energy to cast a spell or enough strength to lift something, what i don't understand is how body type variety can be "enough" you didn't add anything to this discussion, you just shot down the guy's proposal because according to you "we have enough", my questions remain:

how much is enough in body type variety?

how can you even measure that?

and why not more variety?

Also, im not on anything, i don't want you to report you for implying i consume drugs or i'm drunk because i find it offensive, so if you wish to continue this conversation, do not insult me anymore.

Edited by Orbister

It is related. The topic is about the representation of the sexes/gender in WF, I pose the question:

"What's wrong with sexual appeal"

I think the topic is "why not a bulky female frame?"

Because the guy said that since Warframe is not bound by the regular standards of beauty we have different body types...

I keep thinking is kinda derailing, but i'll play along, i think there is nothing wrong with sexual appeal, but i don't think Warframe relies on that very much.

Edited by Orbister

I think what throws people off is they think it's gonna make all the "skinny girls" that are "eye candy" go away which is far from the truth.

What most of us are usually looking for is better representation of all the body types.  We men pretty much can have our pick of whatever they want when it comes to look.  But the female type is usually pigeon holed into something more limiting (not just in look, but often class).  They're just looking for a bit more in terms of choice instead of the "ideal" thrust upon them by what is still more or less a male-dominated society.

I don't find it as bif of an issue in Warframe as some as they've at least made respectable attempts at equality (There's both male and female "healer" frames for example)

Anyone could be inside a rhino frame. It could be a man, a woman, even a little child. 

Considering the lore so far basically states that the warframes are hand-crafted infestation, the better question is why some of the frames have "parts" that have nothing to do with combat. Simply to remind the Tenno of what they once were? Or to calm the civilians with familiar body shapes?

It is related. The topic is about the representation of the sexes/gender in WF, I pose the question:

"What's wrong with sexual appeal"

I'll respond but I admit this is likely to be more from my personal perspective, so in advance I apologise for the somewhat subjective basis of my argument.

Sexual appeal, as I see it in...well...most things, tends to be angled towards somewhat limited 'acceptable' boundaries for the socially agreed 'sexy'. The 'sexually appealing woman' is stereotypically portrayed as large breasted, thin waisted, somewhat athletic...and typically exists in an advert for nigh anything to get a broader audience, even if said female has no presence or relation to the item in question; see those adverts for those browser RTS games or what with the random floozy that never ever turns up in game. It's a tool to garner attention, but it adds no real depth. Your eyes are all it's out to draw, and then your wallet.

Currently, the sheer extent of use that 'sex appeal' is abused to garner attention is just...disheartening. This is compounded by the fact that a lot of what is sold as the 'ideal sexual appearance' for men/women respectively, aren't exactly attainable for a lot of people, especially when we take into account the Photoshop work done to make them look 'even better' or what have you. The rate of people who feel badly about their perceived lack of physical attractiveness, according to the standards society has presented on average, is a growing problem. Furthermore, the emphasis on the physical at the expense of all else leads to, I believe, a tendency to neglect the actual person and their depths.

People become objects, and that applies to both men and women. It doesn't matter if they're a real sweetheart, an amazing revolutionary scientist or the next great author; if they aren't 'sexy' they're not important. If the entire weight of a person's contributions to the human condition can be reduced to 'how many people did you titillate?' then we're missing out on a significant portion of said human condition. People can be interesting, especially when you try to engage with them as a person; some people have amazing thoughts and views of the world that are worth listening to.

But because they lack sex appeal, people don't listen.

And because all that seems to matter for people is sex appeal, there's a cultural problem that the only way to express feelings for someone is how much you want to sleep with them. If you aren't sexy or appeal to someone's fetishes, you don't exist as anything more than 'not sexy'. Celibacy or simple affectionate cuddling/kissing are generally regarded as 'weird' or 'childish', to say nothing of the general disdain/dismissal asexual people seem to experience if they admit it to others.

The number of times I've been told I am, in varyingly colourful ways, 'damaged' because I don't actually find people 'sexy' when looking at them has always baffled me. A person can be pretty, cute or generally handsome, whatever. But that shouldn't be the main point of interest. Yet as long as society insists that men and women need to look certain ways to be noticed or worth notice, we move ever further from being able to really engage with people as people. All we would have, potentially, will be sexual objects for temporary gratification. No greater connection than merely the interaction of physical bodies, no greater emotion than that of fleeting pleasure.

In Summary: In and of itself there isn't anything necessarily wrong with Sexual Appeal, but the prevalence of it, and the seeming abuse of it purely for the sake of marketing, leave it to be a sore culprit for social problems surrounding the damage done to people's confidence of their physical form; something that pure genetic luck has significant impact on. There isn't anything wrong with finding something/one 'sexy' but it cannot be the only appeal that item/person has. A person can entice with their words or mind far more than they could ever do with their body, and it is theoretically a more profound connection to appreciate that.

Anyone could be inside a rhino frame. It could be a man, a woman, even a little child. 

Considering the lore so far basically states that the warframes are hand-crafted infestation, the better question is why some of the frames have "parts" that have nothing to do with combat. Simply to remind the Tenno of what they once were? Or to calm the civilians with familiar body shapes?

I personally suspect that it's potentially Orokin Aesthetics; they cannot help but try and make something 'artistic', even where it shouldn't be. Prime weapons are highly ornamented, only saved because they actually function. It is plausible as you suggest that, due to the potential issue of a non-human body as medium, they use a humanoid shape to encourage an association context; if you think yourself are part of a group, you act appropriately to said group.

Civilians, going off of the lore, typically shouldn't have been seeing Tenno all that often; they have 'mythical/rumour' status, so far as the Mag Prime's codex suggests, in the context of the lay person.