Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gammacor... "underwhelming" Would Be An Understatement.

Genji

I just tested a bare Gammacor with a Vauban to hold targets nice and steady.  Damage was 39 to 40 per tick, and stayed steady from the start of firing until the target was dead.

Gammacor does not seem to have any kind of "wind up" or "charging" mechanic..

I see. Yeah, it's my bad to have it on cause it definitely does affect testing. Actually, it was one of the few mods I slapped on first.

I think the only way it can be 'saved' is when they 'decide' to do the change for energy weapon'a ammo into being it's own pool of... energy. But that would mean that energy weapons in general would get a major nerf IMO.

EDIT: I just realised that while it doesn't seem to have a wind-up time, it's circular energy field around your hand grows the very short seconds of sustained fire. It's a cool aesthetic but maybe it's meant to have a more solid meaning?

Edited by matrixEXO

Doesnt corrosive reduce armor, that could be potentially whats increasing your damage over time mate

Except, infested don't have armor. So how can he reduce armor on an unarmored target?

I just tested a bare Gammacor with a Vauban to hold targets nice and steady.  Damage was 39 to 40 per tick, and stayed steady from the start of firing until the target was dead.

Gammacor does not seem to have any kind of "wind up" or "charging" mechanic..

Could be bugged. It was, after all, just released. The Damage increase over time would make sense for the sub-par stats. We shall have to see.

The technology base for this thing is completely unlike any other weapon we have in Warframe. It is WILDLY different. The description for the Synoid version suggests that it's designed by Cephalon Suda,  which means this may represent the first new technology that we have ever seen; everything else is a modification or a reverse engineered clone of Orokin-era tech as people sift through the ruins and derelicts.

I'm pretty much okay with it not being an amazing DPS hose, especially if it was designed by Suda as a tool for her data collection efforts, but it needs to have some kind of really amazing utility that makes up for the lack of damage.

Would be cool if it would scan enemies it kills, since it's a scanner.

Gammacor should definitely have a 'void ray' mechanic like in SC2. That would justify its weaksauce stats, or a ramping critical damage and chance. Any of those things would make it a much more interesting weapon than it currently is. It's pretty unjustifiably... well, bad.

Such a unique tech base, too.

That's a nice idea.

I was suggesting innate punch through and damage buff, but that one is very fine too.

Right, I aimed for it because it looked soo different only to be met with disappointment. 

I'm going to get the Cephalon Suda variant now.

I personally feel the synoid gammacore isn't a big enough buff to the regular one to make it pleasant.

I honestly don't undrstand what you guys are comparing it to when you say it's "trash" or "weaksauce". Look at the continuous or automatic secondaries we have right now; the Gammacor is perfectly in line with them. Its stats are midpoint. maybe a tiny bit better.

Well the Synoid Gammacor is actually not bad. Given the extra 5 base damage and 10% crit and status chances (and the innate entropy effect) it actually becomes quite the weapon. 

Compare it to the Vaykor Marelok. Both are syndicate weapons, both require rank 5 in their respective syndicates, both require 100k rep points to purchase.

Yet the Marelok is god tier, while the Synoid Gammacor is mediocre at best. They are both just as difficult to obtain, but one is much better than the other. Why should this be so?

Compare it to the Vaykor Marelok. Both are syndicate weapons, both require rank 5 in their respective syndicates, both require 100k rep points to purchase.

Yet the Marelok is god tier, while the Synoid Gammacor is mediocre at best. They are both just as difficult to obtain, but one is much better than the other. Why should this be so?

very true. But the Synod if it were to be buffed should have say 50 base damage (kinda seems high but meh) and swapped from magnetic to do blast damage. (It says its good at vaporizing minerals and blast procs discriminate enemies so i guess it makes sense) and Yea thats about it. normal one can be 50 Synod can be 65. I don't know.

I've always thought this weapon would be the counter-part side-arm to the nukor but I was dissapointed. I suggest increasing its fire rate and most importantly increase it's status chance. Nukor has a high status base so I think gammacor should have a high status base as well.

That's not really the Gamacor's fault.  Both mareloks pretty much need their stats to be halved to bring them down to the realm of mortals.

I honestly don't undrstand what you guys are comparing it to when you say it's "trash" or "weaksauce". Look at the continuous or automatic secondaries we have right now; the Gammacor is perfectly in line with them. Its stats are midpoint. maybe a tiny bit better.

Uh?

Beam secondaries:

Base burst DPS      Base sustain DPSGammacor             128                 107Synoid Gammacor      165                 138Spectra              158                 140Nukor                165                 137

Okay, so that looks pretty reasonable, but now look at

Status chanceGammacor             5%Synoid Gammacor      10%Spectra              20%Nukor                20%

So the Gammacor has less DPS, a quarter the status chance and a useless base damage type compared to other beam-secondaries. I won't come down hard on the Gammacor itself for this because it's a low MR market weapon, so it's only natural that it should be outclassed by clan-tech weaponry that directly competes with it.   But then we have the Synoid Gammacor, which edges up to be competitive in DPS with the clan-tech weapons but costs far more while still having a useless damage type and half the status chance.

And while we are busily comparing beam secondaries, let us not lose sight of the fact that NONE of these are endgame guns. They might as well be a Lato when compared to the Marelok, which does as much damage with a single bullet as these guns do with every second of sustained firing.

Edited by Momaw

I won't come down hard on the Gammacor itself for this because it's a low MR market weapon, so it's only natural that it should be outclassed by clan-tech weaponry that directly competes with it.   But then we have the Synoid Gammacor, which edges up to be competitive in DPS with the clan-tech weapons but costs far more while still having a useless damage type and half the status chance.

Agreed here.  I really like the Gammacor's design and looks, but it's a 0-mastery market weapon so it needs to be on the weak end for balance purposes.

The Synoid Gammacor, on the other hand, is still below the Braton in base DPS.  It's a buff from the Gammacor, but the only syndicate weapon potentially competing with it for "worst upgrade" is the Rakta Ballistica, and that's just because that one is a mild upgrade from a base weapon so bad that it coined the term "Ballistivca Syndrome".