Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo: Worst Warframe Because Of The Community? (Experience Thread)

(PSN)theelix

Not entirely a complaint thread, but I want to hear your experience playing with Limbos and/or being a Limbo. Good or bad, boring or interesting, anything. 

I'll start with my first three encounters with a Limbo. 

The First one was... Bad. He kept banishing the last enemy in Sechura, not allowing us to kill it as he also had duration on, because it lasted nearly half a minute. 

Second, same place; Sechura. Kept using a Cataclysm. I'd have said it was good, but it had no duration and he never used Void Surge. It was a tiny thing, too. Not even as big as a Frost bubble and with that short duration, all it did was block bullets and stop you from getting pick ups. 

Most recent, today, I got banished for picking up a Limbo, twice in a row. 

Maybe I just don't have good luck. But, that wouldn't really make sense because I've never had a Troll-ki.

From somebody who plays Offensive Support, I can fullfill this role with pretty much any other frame except this one, even Mirage can help my team more. I am not joking when I say that but I found him to be so horrible to play, no damage output, no good CC, lots of bugs, slow, weak, looks like a slug, yeah he is at the bottom of my barrel.

Could be just me though :/

I personally like him. I like how his powers synergize together, and think he is a great frame for soloing. And in spite of all of the complaints about trolling with him, I have never encountered it personally. I did, however have someone get very upset with me when they ran in front of me and I accidentally banished him.

Limbo is... interesting. His abilities work well together. However, he really is a horrible PUG match Warframe to get paired with. When you seem it, you just hope they aren't trying to mess the match up. Not saying every time he comes in he is bad, just a majority. This isn't really due to the frame, but the #$&(% players.

I'll take him if a friend of mine is playing.

Mirage is not a bad frame. She's a fun one to use. She's just a little soft of defensive stats.

Yeah shes not bad but overall she's too self centered for me. Like Ash :/

She is bad for me in comparison to other options, however Limbo is bad end-off. Right now he is better off with no abilities whatsoever and just higher base shields, health, speed and stamina

Limbo is bad end-off. Right now he is better off with no abilities whatsoever and just higher base shields, health, speed and stamina

I think Limbo has potential because he really shines in solo play. Like everyone else has said, his powers work well with each other but not so much in a team. In solo play just use rift walk and send enemies into the rift one by one to be slaughtered by you. Limbo is a frame that doesn't really play well with others unless you are communicating with your team very well. Because this is not always the case, mistakes get made, someone gets banished accidentally, and no one can pick up that rare mod or other good loot cause cataclysm is active.

Edited by (PS4)TH3_WH1T3_brown

Limbo is... interesting. His abilities work well together. However, he really is a horrible PUG match Warframe to get paired with. When you seem it, you just hope they aren't trying to mess the match up. Not saying every time he comes in he is bad, just a majority. This isn't really due to the frame, but the #$&(% players.

I'll take him if a friend of mine is playing.

Yes he can be useful. But as you said he is terrible for PUG matches. Limbo is a frame that is either solo or truly CoOp. You need communication to actually use his skills without annoying everyone else. But as for me using him he seemed to be lackluster. He didn't really feel powerful. Just more of an annoyance. And his ability to increase dmg in the rift doesn't do S#&$. I banished enemies and watched as it did nothing to them. He didn't even feel like a warframe to me. He is more like a politician in a suite preaching players to be solo.

I feel weird when I haven't met a Limbo troll during my entire time playing excluding one occasion, nor has anyone actually asked me to stop using abilities(some have said that cataclysm and rift plane in general is a bit annoying). But as others have said, his abilities are hard to sync with your squadmates unless you're properly coordinating. But if you are, I have to say Limbo is an extremely useful and rewarding frame.

If you ever want an alternative to Frost within a defense mission, try having a Limbo with increased range and duration on cataclysm. Pop a Vortex inside the bubble and the pod is virtually untouchable if you want even more security.

Another thing you should try is getting a Banshee along with max range. Put her in a Cataclysm bubble/Banish her, and she can cast her Sound Quake almost infinitely thanks to the energy regen, which knocks everyone away from the pod and keep it safe.

He gets no love lol, i was using him the other day and put Cataclysm on. It was big and a one Vauban in particular was out of range. I then Banished him so he could actually hit them. He then says in chat and i quote " You C*nt why would you Bnaish me???", i then said well i thought you were out of range of the Cataclysm so i banished you so you could hurt them. He replied with a swift "Oh thanks i thought you were trying to troll me". Anyways, i'm used to this by now because whenever you get a Warframe on its release date or when it's brand new, people will hate you no matter what. I've seen this with Hydroid, Mirage, and now Limbo.

He really requires you to use that talk button. I think the problem is that he sits on the extremes of gameplay. He's either one of the best solo or one of the best team frames. But for him to be the best team frame, you have to be communicating with him (do you need to be banished because you're getting swarmed?)

He gets no love lol, i was using him the other day and put Cataclysm on. It was big and a one Vauban in particular was out of range. I then Banished him so he could actually hit them. He then says in chat and i quote " You C*nt why would you Bnaish me???", i then said well i thought you were out of range of the Cataclysm so i banished you so you could hurt them. He replied with a swift "Oh thanks i thought you were trying to troll me". Anyways, i'm used to this by now because whenever you get a Warframe on its release date or when it's brand new, people will hate you no matter what. I've seen this with Hydroid, Mirage, and now Limbo.

Well, I have this personal vendetta against Mirage. She stole Radial Blind, so I'm never using her. I ain't settlin' for no copy cats. 

From somebody who plays Offensive Support, I can fullfill this role with pretty much any other frame except this one, even Mirage can help my team more. I am not joking when I say that but I found him to be so horrible to play, no damage output, no good CC, lots of bugs, slow, weak, looks like a slug, yeah he is at the bottom of my barrel.

Could be just me though :/

Thankyou..its not just me. I would not mind if that frame got lost to the void and was unrecoverable.  Hes terrible and dosent fit warframe powerset wise of look wise. 

Yeah, i posted a topic called:

"Did everyone Forget About Limbo? The most hated frame?"

And for the TL:DR, i love the frame. But i hate playing him online. because most people hate having a limbo in their game. As it forces you to stop playing to YOUR playstyle and start playing to the LIMBO's playstyle.

Sure, flip to get out of banish is well and good. But cataclysm takes a huge amount of the map out. You cant engage enemies from the outside unless you are banished, And any loot will have to wait until duration is finished.

I think both Limbo and Mesa need a serious re-working