Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yo, Like Don't Do Excalibur Prime, Do Dragon Excalibur

Thural

Instead thanking the founders that helped the game being able to move so far and not fail we constantly demand stuff that are rightfully exclusive to them .Excalibur prime was one time only no other variation etc will excist 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed aggressive content

Why does everyone want Excal Prime? It doesn't look that cool, it's not really any better. I will seriously never understand this. I don't have Excal Prime, nor do I want Excal Prime. I think it's pretty chill that DE gave a reward to its first players, even though it does bum me out that I didn't have a computer at the time of this game's release.

I fully agree with this idea, as long as founders get a free Dragon Excalibur Prime. And possibly a Dragon Skana Prime.

Possibly also a Dragon.

You people need to start thinking of Founders as your Gods, and not your equals. They look down at you with their Excalibur Prime and it's incredibly OP extra 2 polarities - I mean, where did they get the Forma for that? It's sorcery I tell you. I mean, a polarized Aura slot? Madness - and they say "thou shalt not have Skana Prime".

... ok, I no longer know where I was going with this. Oh, that's right, "who cares". This is like complaining to your local TV shop that they sold their last 55 inch TV to your neighbor, and that now all TV's are 50" only. Real mature.

Edited by DSpite

Even that is already too much, saw at least 50 threads about making founder gear availible in my time here. I mean prime frames should be way better than the originals, theyre frickin orokin tech, which is supposed to be god-tier. The rest is just copies, look at the normal weapons vs prime weapons. But DE already only buffed NEW prime frames a bitty because community would get butthurt again.

This is why xcal prime will never get buffed:

It will always be exclusive.

How hard is that to understand?

Edited by Thaumatos

Why does everyone want Excal Prime? It doesn't look that cool, it's not really any better. I will seriously never understand this. I don't have Excal Prime, nor do I want Excal Prime. I think it's pretty chill that DE gave a reward to its first players, even though it does bum me out that I didn't have a computer at the time of this game's release.

This could be said of a few primes

It doesnt really say anything

This is why xcal prime will never get buffed:

It will always be exclusive.

How hard is that to understand?

I dont see any connection between exclusive and doesnt have to be buffed...

I honestly dont understand that logic, its actualy content of the game, so why should it not be treated like some?

Edited by Genoscythe

You really shouldn't make any post with 'Founder' or 'Excalibur Prime' in the title. The only responses to posts containing those trigger words, regardless of the content of the post, are:
"You can't have it!'
"Get over it!"
"Stop whining!"
"You wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for US"
"UGH. THEY'RE NOT GOING TO RELEASE EXCAL PRIME AGAIN!!!one!!11 GET OVER IT"

I suggest creating a new topic without the inclusion of those trigger words. Your proposition for a stronger Excalibur in a different form isn't a bad one. Older frames are getting prime variants that are better than the originals so a public access Excalibur with boosted stats takes nothing from anyone.

The whole Excal Prime should be released or a 3rd type of Excal need to be released need to stop. He looks a little different and instead of normal javelin with skana its skana prime. No stat increases so its not an advantage at all. It will wont affect anyones gameplay if they choose regular Excal or prime version. I use the Arcane Pendragon helm and Immortal Skin on my Prime version and if I don't use that I use Proto Skin so the only way people can tell me apart from a normal excal is only if they see my Radial Javelin skill.

So now it comes down to people complaining the cosmetic difference of 1 skill that most of the time you don't notice.

The Katana sword was used by both samurai & ninja. 

technically yes

but ninjas were spies & assassins, so used more easily concealed weapons. they donned katanas only when impersonating samurai

the "traditionnal" ninja blade (meaning culturally associated with them) was the ninja-to, a shorter straight blade usually made with cheap steel (historically the ninjato probably didn't exist, check on wikipedia)

fundamentally as assassins their weapons were "whatever works" (poison, garrote...)

Edited by manub

The_Vile_Blade, on 30 Nov 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

"Only a slightly faster shield recharge rate."

Really wish people would stop perpetuating this rumour. It is demonstrably false, as Shield regen rate is tied to base shield amount.

Even that is already too much, saw at least 50 threads about making founder gear availible in my time here. I mean prime frames should be way better than the originals, theyre frickin orokin tech, which is supposed to be god-tier. The rest is just copies, look at the normal weapons vs prime weapons. But DE already only buffed NEW prime frames a bitty because community would get butthurt again.

Technically, the standard Warframes are Orokin tech as well. My personal theory is that as the war with the Sentients dragged on, the Orokin became less concerned about the aesthetics of the frames and more with function.

You really shouldn't make any post with 'Founder' or 'Excalibur Prime' in the title. The only responses to posts containing those trigger words, regardless of the content of the post, are:

"You can't have it!'

"Get over it!"

"Stop whining!"

"You wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for US"

"UGH. THEY'RE NOT GOING TO RELEASE EXCAL PRIME AGAIN!!!one!!11 GET OVER IT"

I suggest creating a new topic without the inclusion of those trigger words. Your proposition for a stronger Excalibur in a different form isn't a bad one. Older frames are getting prime variants that are better than the originals so a public access Excalibur with boosted stats takes nothing from anyone.

I scrolled through this entire thread wow you're dead on. 

I agree with the idea but we have so many narrowminded players (no pun intended) that it will never happen. Many players seem to think that they know whats best because they were here first. No they don't. There's no proof of it. A game developer knows best not a player who plays the game. Players never see quite as far as a developer. 

This idea of players deciding what should and shouldn't be is null and void. We don't own the game. However players that have been here longer are always going to say that they're right. It never solves anything but they think it should. 

Compromise is what we lack. And because of player views, its what we will never get.

Or just make a dragon frame

It's not gonna happen

You are just adding content you aren't replacing it. Also excalibur got the proto skin: something no frame has up to this point.

He is already pretty special

I love dragons but I don't see why it would happen.

A proto skin aint that special its just a skin. but i still agree

If they were to make a Dragon Excalibur, like the Dragon Nikana, they should make the stats equal across the board so the Prime doesn't become an obsolete filler item for the Founders, and it gives the new players a chance to get a limited time Frame (or extremely challenging to get if kept available indefinitely). This way the Founders can get Dragon too and have both, essentially furthering their renown in the Warframe community, as well as becoming an exclusive for the new players as well.

Dragon Excalibur should become a "second chance" of sorts without tarnishing the existence of Founders' Excalibur Primes. Keep both immortalized. Don't replace one with the other.

There seems to be no solution to this.

Even the idea of improving the stats of founder exclusive and/or giving founders exclusive cosmetics(prime or not since for some reason they are not sold separately) and perhaps even a polarity slot to make up for allowing others to obtain it would get shot down immediately resulting in a locked thread.

Perhaps a Excalibur Prime skin that looks drastically different from original may help...or not and get shot down even if it weren't named Prime skin. Or perhaps the swap out Excalibur Prime for something else for founders or have a prime exclusive prime skin for Excalibur whilst giving other an upgrade prime skin for excalibur prime or regular prime ot this would get shot down too.

These would all get shot to pieces.

Edited by Jinryusai

Jinryusai, on 02 Dec 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

If only the dev team foresaw this, they would not have made the grave mistake of Founder exclusive prime warframe/weapons. 

That was stupid to begin with.

Never make anything part of a chain of things readily available(always) founder exclusive. Anything in founders should be kept strictly a founder thing so if they knew primes would get released, they should have shot down/axed the idea of prime exclusive stuff for founders.

The dev teams ignorance prevented so many from having all primed warframes and all primed weapons.

And there seems to be no solution to correct this mistake.

To be fair, DE weren't planning to release other primes when they opened the Founder's packs. Similarly, they were unaware that the game would become as big as it did.

If only the dev team foresaw this, they would not have made the grave mistake of Founder exclusive prime warframe/weapons. 

That was stupid to begin with.

Never make anything part of a chain of things readily available(always) founder exclusive. Anything in founders should be kept strictly a founder thing so if they knew primes would get released, they should have shot down/axed the idea of prime exclusive stuff for founders.

The dev teams ignorance prevented so many from having all primed warframes and all primed weapons.

And there seems to be no solution to correct this mistake.

Even the idea of improving the stats of founder exclusive and/or giving founders exclusive cosmetics(prime or not since for some reason they are not sold separately) and perhaps even a polarity slot to make up for allowing others to obtain it would get shot down immediately resulting in a locked thread.

Perhaps the dev team should make up for it...maybe not.

But now people shall either feel screwed or burned or not care. Although most may care.

Perhaps a Excalibur Prime skin that looks drastically different from original may help...or not and get shot down even if it weren't named Prime skin.

Pretty sure a company can do what the hell they want. Also, since you can already play Excalibur, they have not "locked" any "content" away from you.

This is purely a psychological problem, and even if all players did get a Excalibur Prime, suddenly the insanity would move to the next object they can't get, and they will start demanding that one.