The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Armour Shown Yet?

(PSN)Avod101

Question

24 answers to this question

My opinion is as long as kubrows are in the state they are now (expensive toy that's not really very useful) I won't bother with any kind of attatchments for them, especially not ones for plat.

PS:

before you "but" me:

My opinion is

Edited by Shifted

I think it's only logical to provide Kubrows with armor, especially now that the Grineer uses Kubrows themselves, armor would be an immediate advantage over what they have and you always wanna oust your opponent of course. And the fact that our Kubrows are running around getting shot at and hacked at by all manner of weapon with literally no protection beyond mods, it just seems obvious to me for Kubrow armor to be a thing. So I fully endorse it.

Kubrow armor is still in the works, but I'd be curious to hear more player opinions/ideas/concepts for it. 

Opinions:

WANT IT NOWAH!

Ideas: 

Need a variety of armours. 

Armours need several parts:  Head armour, Limb armour, Back armour. 

Some armours to co-ordinate with player armour set e.g. Grineer Harkonar armour and Kubrow Grineer Harkonar armour

Rubedo armour! 

Concept:

An armour set rewarded on time and duration given to kubrow.

Based of achievements with a meta achievement to encompass all the lower achievements. Small achievements could be like "use 50 Kubrow health restores" or "get each type of kubrow to 30", or "breed a rare fur pattern". 

Would be an armour set showing players who fully take on board kubrow training and are rewarded for it. 

Final word:

NOW!

need some kubrow augmentation as well =u

--snip--

I need dis.

Ideas for Kubrow armor ... phew ... as MDRLOz said, armor matching to our warframe sets would be nice. However, I think that Kubrow armor - other than Drahks - should only cover their back and head, not their legs, to keep them fast and agile. No point in putting armor on your dog when this only leads to it losing speed and not being able to keep up with you.

Maybe you guys could start with one really simple set like this (more pics) that can be bought for a couple thousand credits, so we can test it and provide you with feedback on how it works with the different sizes and body types?

Btw, does Kubrow Armor also include other types of collar?

11fe2a10ed7bfdb89e051bd062109b58.jpg

fenrir_the_great_by_darkleone.jpg

diesel-dog-organic-armor-300x240.jpg

tumblr_mv3uzzsQxr1qdz4j7o1_500.jpg

All viable options in my mind.. -_-

Huehue.. 

Nah #2, and #4 are kind of cool looking possible inspirations.. #4 looks like it would be prime, but I'd hope it would be something we could farm, and not another Prime Access exclusive..

I suppose I should ask what the plan is? If the armor is to be cosmetic only, then obviously platinum-only sales should be the norm. I'd also like to see more cosmetics in alerts other than just alternate helmets. 

If the plan is to give the armors actual armor boosts or other augments, then for sure they need to be farmable. I also agree with others saying we need armor sets to match the ones we have for our warframes! That would be awesome.

That said, I'd personally love to have some kubrow abilities looked at; right now some of them overlap with sentinels.

a Warframe-est version of detachable manes would be really awesome.  They could come in different styles some like horses some like lions

Earnings and nose-rings would also be really cool

decorative false tails

Something specific and unique for the kubrows could be decorative horns

we could also have husk like the gineer armored kubrows

decorative hooves

as you can tell i really like cosmetics lol

Kubrow armor is still in the works, but I'd be curious to hear more player opinions/ideas/concepts for it. 

Nothing over the top please. Nothing that hides the shape, colors, patterns and general aesthetics of the Kubrow itself.

Think in terms of pigdog chestplates and go from there. They are melee orientated after all.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=pigdog+breastplate&tbm=isch

And can we please have one to match the Targis Prime armor set.

For Kubrow Armour ideas how about armor that matches each type of Kubrow and its purpose. The armor would highlight and enhance the markings/body type that people breed for...be a shame to cover them totally up in a full metal jacket. 

Different masks/muzzles give slightly improved speed/attack/seek boosts or heightened awareness like marking more enemies on the minimap through built in sensors linked to the Lotus/Liset/Ordis. Or eye/ears around a corner from a distance. Like the arcane helmets, each buff would come with a disadvantage as well.

Body armor may include mounts for gas propelled smoke/flash/pepper bombs or additional magnetic pack that allows Kubs to fetch drops/items from downed enemies for the player. Some unique types may offer a small extra resistance to elemental or ballistic damage. Or faster cryo regeneration.

Customization would hopefully allow for some whimsical designs and certainly great diversity. 

Be very cool to breathe some more life into Kubrows to make them a more compelling choice in companion.