Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapons "pay-To-Win"?

Flamingfighter

OP is 100% spot on. The fact that affinity gained through the booster effects the triggering of these abilities/powers gives this game a Pay 2 Win element that was pretty much nonexistent in earlier versions of this game. Not to mention that these Syndicate weapons will probably become a requirement for PvP as a result.

All that being said, I don't think the entire system of affinity being the trigger for these effects is a problem (even in PvP) just make the booster bonus not apply to the weapon's power. BAM! Problem solved.

......requirement? not really. as a choice on the matter? probably.

again, pvp aside, does this actually matter?

- Then there isn't really any need to argue over the other stuff -Let's just agree to disagree on Pay-to-win(better) semantics..

So there is no confusion please note that I've offered no argument on a semantic issue.

I made it blatantly clear what was a matter of fact and what was a matter of perspective.

So there was really no disagreement to be had.

So in the end we agree that maybe a change in the way these blasts are triggered may be something to move forward with.  if we agree on the main idea. -- focus on "Maybe this should be changed" part we can agree on.

It would be cool with me if DE changes it, not sure if I think it would be any better necessarily.

I'll have to think about it more.

So there is no confusion please note that I've offered no argument on a semantic issue.

I made it blatantly clear what was a matter of fact and what was a matter of perspective.

So there was really no disagreement to be had.

It would be cool with me if DE changes it, not sure if I think it would be any better necessarily.

I'll have to think about it more.

As long as we agree on the core issue regarding possible need for change, there's no need to argue. Whether you think it's pay-to-win or if you think a better mechanic could be implemented instead.

EDIT: Our argument on what Pay-to-Win(better) is and isn't doesn't really matter if we both think a change is in order regardless of whether the mechanic is Pay-to-Win or not.

Edited by Flamingfighter

......requirement? not really. as a choice on the matter? probably.

again, pvp aside, does this actually matter?

Requirement as in the people winning will be using them so in order to compete it will be come a necessity.

This is especially the case with the Castanas.

Yes, PvP is part of the game now and therefore does matter because it has in game repercussions. 

Therefore, PvP should not have this ''bonus'' influencing it because some players pay money for boosters and others can't/don't/won't.

i think the best question i can currently ask is: does it genuinely matter?

Feedback is feedback, whether you think this is a minor issue or a big one. Was the fact that certain pouch weapons clipped through legs when they were first circulating a big deal? No, but DE works to fix that kind of thing, issues either big or small, and certain issues are bigger than others to certain people.

As long as we agree on the core issue regarding possible need for change, there's no need to argue. Whether you think it's pay-to-win or if you think a better mechanic could be implemented instead.

EDIT: Our argument on what Pay-to-Win(better) is and isn't doesn't really matter if we both think a change is in order regardless of whether the mechanic is Pay-to-Win or not.

None of that actually....ah nevermind.

party on.

It doesn't really matter if someone gets more affinity than you which allows him to use the syndicate effects twice as fast. The advantage isn't that great.

If it really bothers you, go trade a few things and get an affinity booster in the market. See? you didn't pay for anything and are exploding things the same as the other guy. As always, its pay for convenience, not to win.

I came in to post this, and am reposting it because not enough people are saying this.  

I came in to post this, and am reposting it because not enough people are saying this.  

Will deny that effects are bad, doing extra 1000 damage on auto-corrosive blasts against level 100 enemies. The damage by itself may not be impressive, but it scales. Health restores can make you more self-sufficent and allow you to revive yourself if you are down. Garunteed procs are nice. Health buff isn't great though.

I laugh at this thread I am going to buy plat spend it on boosters so my weapon can spend out a radial blast of damage that won't take me to though a t4 mission, that only cost a minor 2k affinity which is easy as hell to get in the voids and for me to spend 100k rep to get the weapon in the first place. Too bad I didn't post this earlier but this thread is nonsense and whoever plans on doing this must have quite the amount of spare money.  

Will deny that effects are bad, doing extra 1000 damage on auto-corrosive blasts against level 100 enemies. The damage by itself may not be impressive, but it scales. Health restores can make you more self-sufficent and allow you to revive yourself if you are down. Garunteed procs are nice. Health buff isn't great though.

Hold up? How does the damage scale? 

I laugh at this thread I am going to buy plat spend it on boosters so my weapon can spend out a radial blast of damage that won't take me to though a t4 mission, that only cost a minor 2k affinity which is easy as hell to get in the voids and for me to spend 100k rep to get the weapon in the first place. Too bad I didn't post this earlier but this thread is nonsense and whoever plans on doing this must have quite the amount of spare money.  

Hold up? How does the damage scale? 

I don't know, but despite levels, I'm still dealing approx 1000 damage, whether they are level 20 or level 120. It may be an issue where the blast does a hard damage number, variation to numbers may occur as different enemies are resistant to different elements.

Edited by Flamingfighter

The bonus effects are just frills; they don't really matter at all.  If I wanted a screenwide nuke I would press 4.  

Even if you find the feature insignificant, that does not mean it should be ignored. If you want to talk about the "Press 4" nuke, there are plenty of other relevant threads to do so in.

It's not pay to win because free players can do it too. Sell items for plat. Use plat to buy affinity booster. Advantage normalized.

We're already past this stage in discussion, and the idea of having to continuously "rent" a weapon's full power via affinity boosters seems to be something people can much easier agree on and discuss. If I could edit the original thread title to switch it out to "Renting" instead of "Pay-to-Win", I would, however I can not. I've edited the original post for clarity for people who do not wish to read the discussion

It's not pay to win because free players can do it too. Sell items for plat. Use plat to buy affinity booster. Advantage normalized.

Seriously? seriously? just because they use the funny money someone else bought does not mean they are suddenly not spending funny money. plus trading chat is a pain even on a good day, you'd be there for a couple hours unless you plan to sell your hard earned event mods. and even then, it'll be a bit

Change the proc to 'base' affinity gain.  Problem solved.

+1

On topic directly, it is very powerful, and buying a booster is a highly noticeable buff to the rate at which you get these blasts

Edit: made post not rude

Edited by reltats

Seriously? seriously? just because they use the funny money someone else bought does not mean they are suddenly not spending funny money. 

Irrelevant.

Everything, EVERYTHING, you do for free in a free to play game is only possible because someone else IS paying.

So you are receiving benefit from the people who pay whether or not you ever touch platinum yourself.

In other words: the "funny money" payed for the missions you are running. You're just as attached to it as any one else.

We all are.

Edited by Ronyn