The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Anime

(PSN)jhonnygrant

Well an anime or even graphic novel is a way to make whatever lore pieces they have, canon. Currently there are a few warframologists heavy at work trying to make some sense of the bits and pieces we've got so far, but I think something official that binds it all together (including ANY connections to the original dark sector game) would be easier for all to follow.

Well an anime or even graphic novel is a way to make whatever lore pieces they have, canon. Currently there are a few warframologists heavy at work trying to make some sense of the bits and pieces we've got so far, but I think something official that binds it all together (including ANY connections to the original dark sector game) would be easier for all to follow.

Yes it would. I think we all will love that. But those in game cutscenes would be soooo lovely

There is so much "lore" available that they could easily make a movie or anime. People need to think outside the box a bit and then loosen the reigns a bit on the whole "Warframe as untouchable sacrament" ideal. I'd love to see someone take a crack at it! Can you imagine the story of those people who started as human and suffered the trials and pain and sacrifice to become Tenno?

Hey, if it never happens, you can always google Guyver...the movies OR anime series OR graphic novel! Yes!!!!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Warframe anime? Nope, wouldn't work. Tenno don't even speak. Maybe they could do short vids for prime codex entries but don't know if that'd work.

Also:

What people think all anime look like:

c0012351_53b815ed52284.jpg

What it usually looks like:

c30Dwbh2mpc.jpg

People always judge things by stereotypes and the things they usually see, same thing applies for the playstyles of certain frames. Yeah, i know most people are usually just joking but i wanted to post this anyway.

I want a live action or cg animated tv series or movief for warframe! don;'t really care if theres not much lore I'd pay just to see my loki use redeemer and slice and shoot stuff using its epic combos or excal being swarmed from all sides back flipping and throwing glaive/glaive prime. Just warframes doing certain mission for the lotus it could be The Warframe Files: Episode___ The Hunger or any specific title for the specific episode.  

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

• 1 month later...

So yeah whether anime, cartoon or cgi I want it! for anime it can be like those serious looking anime series like(wolf 's rain, ghost in the shell or any of those mech series) for cartoon wise it can be cell shaded or 2D, or it can be cgi like the transformers prime series or the ironman animated adventure one or the old transformers beast wars or starship troopers

Money and capable studios don't grow on trees.

Besides that, Warframe the game doesn't even have a real plot. The hell would a show even be about? 

And faceless characters don't work well in most shows and it'd ruin a part of the Tenno shtick if characters in a show just took the helmets off.

Money and capable studios don't grow on trees.

Besides that, Warframe the game doesn't even have a real plot. The hell would a show even be about? 

And faceless characters don't work well in most shows and it'd ruin a part of the Tenno shtick if characters in a show just took the helmets off.

Finally, someone else understands. 

It could be about me (Frost Prime), the main character of the Warframe universe. You other Tenno are side characters that I occasionally run into. #ego

There is so much fanart of Tenno without their helmets though. Some of them even look good.

Finally, someone else understands. 

It could be about me (Frost Prime), the main character of the Warframe universe. You other Tenno are side characters that I occasionally run into. #ego

There is so much fanart of Tenno without their helmets though. Some of them even look good.

Throwing together an original plot for the show would probably be the only way to get anything remotely good out of it and honestly that kind of stuff is a bigger risk then is worth taking with a game like Warframe. If it flops, which there would be an incredibly high chance it would, then the flop sticks the the game forever. 

I think the one example of a GOOD Anime original plot for a Videogame was Shinkegi no Bahamut. A goddamn CARD GAME. Sure, a fantastic show. But you know why it was that good? Because the Studio piecing it together were given what would typically be seen as an absolutely amazing budget to work with and the Company in charge of the game didn't care what the show was about. They got to spend all they wanted on all they needed. Of course that worked out well in that case.

And again, which Studio you bring on matters a hell of a lot and if DE could afford a good name it'd be nothing short of a miracle layered on top of dreams. DE is a Western Company. I'd imagine they'd be low on the priority list of most Studios who have plenty of LN and VN content they could adapt instead of risking cash and time on a Western game.

That all aside. Giving the Tenno actual faces is something incredibly important. Fanart of the Tenno with faces is awesome but not particularly important. There is a pretty huge gap between actual official content and the Fan's dreamings. I'm not disagreeing that much of the Fanart in our community has been really great - it's just not the same thing. Not nearly. 

It's also worth noting again that Warframe is a Western game. Is it really wise to expect them to all have very anime features? Nobody else does. Only the fanart does that. It's probably best it stays in the fanart. If the only reference for their appearance underneath came from a show first it could build up the expectation for DE to release skins of that type. People thought Limbo was a step away from Warframe's natural aesthetics? Waifu faces would be the aesthetic apocalypse.

really, i think a feature film could work but there are some very specific things that would need to be considered.

firstly, the notion that the movie would have the tenno directly as the main characters is exceedingly risky due to how it will likely conflict with the player's interpretations of what a tenno does after a mission, between missions and any time that isnt in combat. and even then it can be very iffy. mainly due to how some people play the game more like the ideal of a tenno while others... well... lets not go there.

instead it should focus on either the orokin, grineer or corpus. why you may ask? because there are more interesting and developed characters, why even yuikami would possibly melt in her chair if there was a scene of Vor. but wait, there's more! these movies could also give insight into the 'civilians' we always hear about and how harsh their lives are because of the grineer and corpus.

but the success of the project would hinge greatly on how closely the studio put in charge of the project is with DE and their character designers along with the people in charge of the lore.

really, i think a feature film could work but there are some very specific things that would need to be considered.

firstly, the notion that the movie would have the tenno directly as the main characters is exceedingly risky due to how it will likely conflict with the player's interpretations of what a tenno does after a mission, between missions and any time that isnt in combat. and even then it can be very iffy. mainly due to how some people play the game more like the ideal of a tenno while others... well... lets not go there.

instead it should focus on either the orokin, grineer or corpus. why you may ask? because there are more interesting and developed characters, why even yuikami would possibly melt in her chair if there was a scene of Vor. but wait, there's more! these movies could also give insight into the 'civilians' we always hear about and how harsh their lives are because of the grineer and corpus.

but the success of the project would hinge greatly on how closely the studio put in charge of the project is with DE and their character designers along with the people in charge of the lore.

It would be awesome to see a short story of some random civilan who sees a Tenno for the first time as his colony is being raided by the Grineer. Maybe a short scene of Vor for Yuikami too for the lulz

Edited by (PS4)Fac3kick3r_lolz

Try watching Hellsing Ultimate. Dramatic poses they may be but shows just hos serious Anime can take itself. It's not all Pokemon and Attack on Titan.

The biggest issue with a WF anime would be characterizing the Tenno as characters, given they don't speak. You have to have a writer and animation team that KNEW how to get across personality without any words.

i think that a good way to fill a warframe anime without breaking the tenno's silence is to kinda switch between second person perspective and 3rd. like you will mainly be seeing the tenno quietly moving through out the place but it switches to say a group of grineer patrolling and suddenly 1 grineer is gone. then another, then the final grineer looks around and encounters an excaliber who slices his head off