Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Resource Drops Finally Look Like What They Really Are?

Some had their own models and yes some complain that they were hard to spot which is why we got this generic look.

I remember that the control module was actually a flat picture of the control module and they trying to be realistic, i guess, so they made it like the size of a small portable drive and it was hard to spot. But it was kinda cool.

And rubedo was basically just a red cube.

It was cool, yeah, but man some of the pickups were stupidly hard to find.

And rubedo was basically just a red cube.

It was cool, yeah, but man some of the pickups were stupidly hard to find.

That's why it should be revisited/reworked. I'm not saying to revive the old system and do away with the current one. The yellow cylinders for everything but clan mats is just not enough and if someone is looking for an argon crystal. Looking at the middle of the screen for the text ends up being a bit of an annoyance.

Perhaps the rare items like Argon Crystals and Orokin Cells can go first, while leaving more common materials like nanospores, Alloy plate, control modules, rubedo, ferrite, etc. in the current yellow containers.

They did this for Kubrow eggs and it worked out very nicely. I'm hoping for the same kind of improvement for other rarer materials.

Edited by sushidubya

That's why it should be revisited/reworked. I'm not saying to revive the old system and do away with the current one. The yellow cylinders for everything but clan mats is just not enough and if someone is looking for an argon crystal. Looking at the middle of the screen for the text ends up being a bit of an annoyance.

Perhaps the rare items like Argon Crystals and Orokin Cells can go first, while leaving more common materials like nanospores, Alloy plate, control modules, rubedo, ferrite, etc. in the current yellow containers.

They did this for Kubrow eggs and it worked out very nicely. I'm hoping for the same kind of improvement for other rarer materials.

I mentioned transferring O-cells and Argon to the blue containers a while back but there must be a reason why they keep them out.

Please make an accurate 3d model in the games file format, (.toc) and get them to drop correctly and not bug out, till then be happy with what we have.

Edit *misspelling*

Edited by Baselign

maybe they could add it to Thief's Wit mod

how about this: keep the original orange cilinder but add the option to turn a holographic image over the cilinders with a image of the resource(the same one from the inventory)

I think we are on to something glorious here. I do hope DE considers this and all! 

I think we are on to something glorious here. I do hope DE considers this and all! 

indeed, maybe if DE decides to add this thing to thief's wit mod, it should also be added to the loot detector aura (after all its called loot detector) i guess this will give those mods a second reason to use them even when i will like if we had a way to see them without using mods

Edited by armando92

It'd be simpler if they just put different color and or a glow light to rare resources like the did with mods and whatnot. That way they don't have to make as many new game objects. It's just a pallet swap and re-using something already in place.

It'd be simpler if they just put different color and or a glow light to rare resources like the did with mods and whatnot. That way they don't have to make as many new game objects. It's just a pallet swap and re-using something already in place.

it isnt a hard job to do with the hologram thing i said before, just make a small hologram window like we have in the liset and make it show the same image they use in the inventory, only some coding needed since all the images and stuff are already there

Aye...  Nanospores.  lol.  What will we do with all those nanospores?  XD

Drop them in visible chunks? Like 1 million of the per pickup. No one would notice any difference between what we are picking now.

Having 5 millions of them, or 500 millions doesnt really matter.

Doesn't even need a hologram if that's too taxing, just put a label on the tin, with an image of what's inside using the already existing 2d files. Either way, holograms or labels would probably be quick and easy to implement, especially when compared to creating proper 3D models for every single resource drop available.

Doesn't even need a hologram if that's too taxing, just put a label on the tin, with an image of what's inside using the already existing 2d files. Either way, holograms or labels would probably be quick and easy to implement, especially when compared to creating proper 3D models for every single resource drop available.

i probably didnt express myself well, with hologram i meant the hologram windows that we have in the liset for syndicates and other stuffs that will just show the content of the orange container using the already existing image the resource use in the inventory screen

Agreed.  I think that the 3D modeling folks at DE would put these together in no time. The detail in pretty much all of the 3D models in this game is fantastic, yet still elegant.  I have great confidence in their work.

• 4 weeks later...

2nks9op.jpg

I don't really see why this couldn't work.  Heck, it could even have a slight glow just to make it more apparent.  Then I could tell what resource I'm looking at and decide if it's worth going through death to get it.  If people are really worried about unique models somehow being taxing on their computers (I can't imagine how these kinds of models would be more difficult to render than what we have now), it could even be an option or something.

I honestly feel like making holograms come out of the resource container when you're looking at it would be unnecessary and look kind of strange.  But that's just me.  When I first played Warframe and saw the resource drops, I thought it was pretty cool - you'd have to look for some resources, too - they weren't always obvious.  Even if the old system wasn't executed well, I don't see how it's grounds for getting rid of being able to differentiate resource drops.  Heck, sometimes I'd find that information extremely useful when I pick up a drop and it doesn't tell me what it was.

There are good ideas here.