Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Prime Access Hype And Discussion Megathread!

Luxylol

One reason probably, Money.  It is the holiday season so they probably decided to pick a much more popular frame that would sell better.  The timing is right to release a frame that more people are willing to spend money on especially to tie in with a holiday season that sees much higher spending levels compared to the rest of the year. 

It would be my guess that they will go back to priming the older frames after this. 

Because she's a popular frame and people will pay dosh for prime access for her. Can't say the same about Trin, Volt, or Ash.

Volt is on the Up people finally realised he does alot of things other frames do but in a different way

Ash is and always will be an extremely popular frame due to his aesthetic...

but it is 2 females 2 males

Edited by Axeroix

Is it just me or does it kinda sound like Vauban prime? I just have a hunch, I mean Vauban's vortex. "Particles collide". Doesn't it ring any bells? And the fact there's a lot of gold bits that glow energy does match with the glowy bits on Vauban's chest and two of them on his face. I don't know, let's just have to wait for the next prime access to go live and we'll see.

I'm very disappointed in DE, I recall them stating that they would prime the original frames first (I.E. Saryn, Trinity or even Banshee) but with them going behind their word and priming Nova just saddens me. Safe to say I won't be purchasing this Prime Access, just going to grind this one, not worth the money IMHO. 

I'm very disappointed in DE, I recall them stating that they would prime the original frames first 

The exact quote was "any frame is eligible to be primed, but we will likely give priority to older frames"

They didn't straight-up say older frames were coming first. And anyways, we've already broken that pattern with Frost and Nyx, which both came after Trinity but were primed earlier.

I think most people are just mad because Nova was powercreep incarnate when she was first released, and they're worried it's going to be that all over again.

The exact quote was "any frame is eligible to be primed, but we will likely give priority to older frames"

Thanks for clearing that up, still, I'm just a little saddened it was Nova (I wanted my Saryn Prime dammit) . Probably because she's my least favorite/played. You've got a good point with the powercreep thing though.

As a warframe created during the current time period rather than the Orokin era like most of the other warframes, I figured that Nova would be one of the last things to get a Prime.

There is no lore to support that claim. It is possible (even likely) that the Tenno High Council (who designed her) existed during the Orokin era.