Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Mesa's 4Th Ability

Doom_Bunny

Weather you dont get kills or not, you still get shared xp from any kill, if anything players dont have to do anything with a mesa in the session, especially in infested missions, she's quite the savior in infested, due to her fourth ability taking down a room full of them, she could severely save your &#! especially if you bring a really squishy frame. 

If you base the entire game around simply killing, that's your own problem, not everyone else's.

Macros and Mousewheels beg to differ. She actually fires slower now than when you just mousewheel scrolled.

This entire is based around killing it's not simply my ideology that says so.

As for macros and mousewheels they all depends on outside equippment and software. My guess is that holding down the mouse was put in to stop them. However it hasn't changed the fact that she can still kill as many enemies and as fast as any other aoe ability.

Weather you dont get kills or not, you still get shared xp from any kill, if anything players dont have to do anything with a mesa in the session, especially in infested missions, she's quite the savior in infested, due to her fourth ability taking down a room full of them, she could severely save your ! especially if you bring a really squishy frame. 

Shared exp is lower then getting the kills your self. Getting forcefully carried is terrible for any player trying to play the game. Which leads back to pub matches which we already went through.

Yes she is good in infested missions so is any other aoe frame. These changes would change that it's not a nerf to her (it may even be a buff depending on how you mod) it would just make modding the same difficulty as other frames.

Edited by Postal_pat

lets just nerf the entire game allowing no1 to get kills maybe this would make you all happy.

this is entirely ammusing to me since every new frame that is made gets the same level of hate.

Solo mode for all the haters or team up with ya clannies or freinds.

The amount of times ive "had' to carry peeps while using mesa leads me to believe that most peeps need to work on farming fusion cores for there mods rather than farming the newest thing.

Dont hate us power players cos we spent the time(over 1000hrs for me) grinding up to make not only our frames powerful but also  our weapons.

Edited by SnakePlisskinn

lets just nerf the entire game allowing no1 to get kills maybe this would make you all happy

And that's a +1.

Eh the mesa players I know complain that Grineer armor reduces their shots to triple damage figures.

Guess you are playing too low a level then.

Corrosive Projection for high level enemies.

Eh the mesa players I know complain that Grineer armor reduces their shots to triple damage figures.

Guess you are playing too low a level then.

So many assumptions, if I'm posting feedback it usualy means I've gone through alot with this frame (which naturally includes high levels) to find out what works and what doesn't.

Edited by Postal_pat

Depends what you define high levels as. The frame hasn't been out for particularly long either.

I figure an hour or more of t4 survival or wave 40+ of t4 defence usualy does the trick.

Well you can always choose not to play Mesa ya know.

Cant wait to hear your thoughts on Nova prime when shes released i assume it will be more of the same "lets nerf it"

If you read anything from the previous posts you would know that Nova along with every other nuke frame is more difficult to mod then Mesa and therefore wouldn't need a change.

I don't see how people see this as a nerf, it only changes your modding and depending on how you mod it could be considered a buff.

Edited by Postal_pat

The funny part is that you're still trying to defend it when you don't even look at the whole picture.

The whole picture is that the rest of Mesa's powers completely suck and her ult is the only thing going for her.

I have seen literally nobody else here agree with you because nerfing her would be the worst thing to do since she already takes hours if not days to get, and is just already out-done by some easier frames.

She is literally among the hardest of frames to obtain, yet, there are still some better frames than her if you consider mosding and other abilities aside from just the 4th.

Modding her would be harder? That's your reason? Or that some random over pub takes your kills? No offence, but please, just stop.

Want to majorly buff or rework her other three powers in place of her only good ability buddy?

Don't reply until you find better reasons for your nerfing her to the ground.

Otherwise, kindly go play something other than defence or don't play with Mesa players. That simple.

Edited by WingedCrusade

The funny part is that you're still trying to defend it when you don't even look at the whole picture.

The whole picture is that the rest of Mesa's powers completely suck and her ult is the only thing going for her.

I have seen literally nobody else here agree with you because nerfing her would be the worst thing to do since she already takes hours if not days to get, and is just already out-done by some easier frames.

She is literally the hardest frame to obtain, yet, there are still better frames than her.

Modding her would be harder? That's your reason? Or that some random over pub takes your kills? No offence, but please, just stop.

Want to majorly buff or rework her other three powers in place of her only good ability buddy?

Otherwise, kindly go play something other than defence or don't play with Mesa players. That simple.

Honestly, i like mesa's kit, the 1 is great for dealing with "Hard" targets, the stun/weapon jam effect of gallery is great while the damage bonus is negligable, and the shield needs some work, but the idea of being a sort of turbulence effect has some merit.

Her ult, as it stands, isn't super powerful, but it's not terrible either comparitively.

Keep 1 as is, buff the damage bonus on 2 a bit, fix the shield, and leave her ult as is (Or possibly make it have different effects, like it uses the damage type of your secondary weapon or something, to make it a bit more viable/controllable for upper level stuff)

People complaining about her ult wiping rooms with no effort remind me of the nova complainers and M Prime.

Honestly, i like mesa's kit, the 1 is great for dealing with "Hard" targets, the stun/weapon jam effect of gallery is great while the damage bonus is negligable, and the shield needs some work, but the idea of being a sort of turbulence effect has some merit.

Her ult, as it stands, isn't super powerful, but it's not terrible either comparitively.

Keep 1 as is, buff the damage bonus on 2 a bit, fix the shield, and leave her ult as is (Or possibly make it have different effects, like it uses the damage type of your secondary weapon or something, to make it a bit more viable/controllable for upper level stuff)

People complaining about her ult wiping rooms with no effort remind me of the nova complainers and M Prime.

I'm not saying it's useless, I'm saying that what she can do, other frames can do more effectively.

Loki's radial disarm can already disarm enemies much more effectively, Zephyr's turbulance is much more protective and efficient, and Rhino's roar even boosts weapon damage /for the whole cell/ if I'm not mistaken.

They could definitely use buffs, that's for sure. Besides, I'm not even saying her ult is uber powerful. I know, because I've used it before. It's meh.

Edited by WingedCrusade

She is literally the hardest frame to obtain, yet, there are still better frames than her.

Seriously a whole paragraph trying to simplify what I'm trying to do, wow.

Alright, her other three abilities are support abilities and as I've seen across the formus people only think that attack abilities matter. "there are better frames then her" depending on how you use a frame other frames can be better for you. As I can see you disregard as her supportive side, then it appears many frames are going to better suited to you.

Pub matches; I've been taking other people's kills I'm quite literally going against my self because I can see this is wrong.

No I shouldn't have to stop playing Mesa or certain missions because of myself or other people.

Oh, yes find better reasons then:

-forcing other players to be carried

-being easier to mod then other frames

-stopping other players from getting kills

Cant see how modding any frame is difficult.

be it a nuke frame or a support frame(which IMO Mesa is)

If you only modded her for 1 ability you have failed in the support catagory she falls into.

And by the way i can read matey.

Didn't mean that you couldn't read, my apologies if you saw it that way.

Other frames have to sacrifice something in that ability to continually nuke which limits the ability and their other abilities. Mesa however doesn't need to sacrifice the same amount as other frames. Her other abilities are still average (arfter modding for her fourth) and only their duration takes a small hit.

Ah I see, I meant "read anything from the previous posts", my apologies.

Edited by Postal_pat

I'm not saying it's useless, I'm saying that what she can do, other frames can do more effectively.

Loki's radial disarm can already disarm enemies much more effectively, Zephyr's turbulance is much more protective and efficient, and Rhino's roar even boosts weapon damage /for the whole cell/ if I'm not mistaken.

They could definitely use buffs, that's for sure. Besides, I'm not even saying her ult is uber powerful. I know, because I've used it before. It's meh.

True, but where she shines is solo and limited missions.

Know that tac alert we have up now? Fully modded mesa + energy siphon + an alright melee with a couple key mods comes in @ 496 or so conclave

Drahk masters -REALLLLY- did not like the whole "Can't be disarmed auto-aiming gunslinger what jams the guns of his allies"

But yeah, she's not OP and needs some tweaking. Been enjoying her immensely myself as she's just pure fun to mess about with.

Edited by Zerethon

/Seriously a whole paragraph trying to simplify what I'm trying to do, wow./ - I'm pretty sure I said the opposite of you because I in no way agreed to what you said *anywhere*.

/Alright, her other three abilities are support abilities and as I've seen across the formus people only think that attack abilities matter. "there are better frames then her" depending on how you use a frame other frames can be better for you. As I can see you disregard as her supportive side, then it appears many frames are going to better suited to you./

- Irrelevent, because we have few support frames, and having these powers together can be useful, but not if they're so weak. I'm not saying they should be 10x better than their respective powers, but not 10x as weak. Most people I've seen don't often use those afforementioned abilities, which is what makes her kit a good *concept*, BUUUT, they're too weak to have much effect.

- - - - - - -

/-forcing other players to be carried/ - Irrelevant *to an extent*. You don't have to carry other players, if someone lazes around, or is utterly terrible, then don't rush ahead and kill things like a headless chicken decapitating other chickens. Actually let them participate. I all honesty, it's not the frame's fault, it's the two people, carrier and the carried. I've carried a friend through an alert for Pangolin sword as Valkyr before. He literally just started the game.

/-being easier to mod then other frames/ - Irrelevant. Modding isn't difficult whatsoever. Modding is made to tailor to another's playstyle, not be a silly challenge. If you think modding should be so restrictive to players, that's just hindsight.

/-stopping other players from getting kills/ - Irrelevant! Why? Simple! Plenty of enemies to go around. The ult can only last so damn long you know. She shoots enemies down one at a time, do you know how many I can kill with a single glaive throw in the period of that ult from somebody else? Four. Four enemies. That's a lot for a thrown glaive in one toss.

Edited by WingedCrusade

*accidently posted without typing anything.

/Seriously a whole paragraph trying to simplify what I'm trying to do, wow./ - I'm pretty sure I said the opposite of you because I in no way agreed to what you said *anywhere*.

/Alright, her other three abilities are support abilities and as I've seen across the formus people only think that attack abilities matter. "there are better frames then her" depending on how you use a frame other frames can be better for you. As I can see you disregard as her supportive side, then it appears many frames are going to better suited to you./

- Irrelevent, because we have few support frames, and having these powers together can be useful, but not if they're so weak. I'm not saying they should be 10x better than their respective powers, but not 10x as weak. Most people I've seen don't often use those afforementioned abilities, which is what makes her kit a good *concept*, BUUUT, they're too weak to have much effect.

- - - - - - -

/-forcing other players to be carried/ - Irrelevant *to an extent*. You don't have to carry other players, if someone lazes around, or is utterly terrible, then don't rush ahead and kill things like a headless chicken decapitating other chickens. Actually let them participate. I all honesty, it's not the frame's fault, it's the two people, carrier and the carried. I've carried a friend through an alert for Pangolin sword as Valkyr before. He literally just started the game.

/-being easier to mod then other frames/ - Irrelevant. Modding isn't difficult whatsoever. Modding is made to tailor to another's playstyle, not be a silly challenge. If you think modding should be so restrictive to players, that's just hindsight.

/-stopping other players from getting kills/ - Irrelevant! Why? Simple! Plenty of enemies to go around. The ult can only last so damn long you know. She shoots enemies down one at a time, do you know how many I can kill with a single glaive throw in the period of that ult from somebody else? Four. Four enemies. That's a lot for a thrown glaive in one toss.

You already went against everything in the first paragraph. The second paragraph was just you simplifying what I say into a cry for a nerf. This isn't a cry for nerf, this is asking of an adjustment.

-derailing into other abilities.

If her fourth power is her only good power as you said, then using her "good power" you automatically start to carry.

Well that depends when modding for an aoe abilities such as Mesa's 4th you usualy have to sacrifice something which gives modding varying levels of difficulty. As you may have to sacrifice a lot or none at all.

With an ability like Mesa's you're only going to stop once the area is cleared or you run out of energy. In that short regen time you have to find and kill enemies that's if there are any left. Time and enemies killed will vary on the difficulty. Meaning you may be able to kill a lot or very few in that regen time.

Edited by Postal_pat

Edited post for better organization and added to second section.

Anyhow, I hope I don't seem like I'm attacking you, I'm not, honest, but I have to be blunt and pick apart to get my point very... Well, stated.

Face facts, you nerf her ultimate, and she's a lot worse off than better, and I even like Mesa, but her kit is so under-done, and all the problems you listed are player-related and don't just have to be directed to Mesa, but the players.

Edited by WingedCrusade

Edited post for better organization and added to second section.

Anyhow, I hope I don't seem like I'm attacking you, I'm not, honest, but I have to be blunt and pick apart to get my point very... Well, stated.

Face facts, you nerf her ultimate, and she's a lot worse off than better, and I even like Mesa, but her kit is so under-done, and all the problems you listed are player-related and don't just have to be directed to Mesa, but the players.

Nah, it's good to find people to have a conversation with arfter weeding through the toxic of the first posts.

Those people (that paly Mesa that way) can be stopped by modding duration, at the same time I can buff Mesa by adjusting her reach. Having both duration and reach in her ability, it could be modded to different play styles making the ability more diverse and possibly buffing it for different people.

Edited by Postal_pat