The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Behind De And Warframe [Video] Steve Sinclair

(PSN)dukezap1

Start at 11:08

Almost sounds like Sony saved DE

The whole panel is worth a watch, not just for DE/Warframe talk, but free-to-play in general 

dedication,hard work and sacrfice... that 's wut saved DE and WF

also love

a lot of love

Sony .. well just a credit booster

Edited by Tsoe

Managed to watch the whole thign earlier in my spare time, and I think that PC was okay for a short while, but going to PS4 really helped boost DE's income, they managed to tug in a much larger audience by having the game on both platforms

The stats show otherwise though. PC has far more active players and they aren't losing a cut of the income to the console manufacturer. More than anything, I think spreading to consoles gives publicity with a small increase in profits.

The stats show otherwise though. PC has far more active players and they aren't losing a cut of the income to the console manufacturer. More than anything, I think spreading to consoles gives publicity with a small increase in profits.

I guess so, I was simply speculating because I don't have access to the statistics, sorry for that :/

Except WF existed for what, a year? before it got to PS. And afaik it was partly self-funded from the money DE made creating other games (only part of the studio had been working on WF) partly crowd-funded and partly financed by the state of Canada (DE got like 25 mln from them).

But Sony is pretty cool and more open to developers than MS. I'v been with a independent company who made a rather bad f2p game, and Sony still gave them a chance (both game and company are long time dead)

I thought that comment was kind of interesting too.  Is Warframe PC not profitable?

I think it is the most profitable area, but generally we do see people go for the consoles due to the "fact" that it costs thousands of dollars to keep a PC up to date and ready for gaming. 

So I guess getting the game to both consoles really did help out the game, but not by a lot.

Goddamit Steve, stop making me like you for your honesty (calling grind walls what they are: GRINDWALLS) and saying how the first draft of the system was scrunged up in a week.

I was surprised to hear that they went f2p because it was their last ditch effort at surviving and that it worked. The whole "loyalty" thing also got me, considering how much the founder packs costed , loyalty was the only way to call it without making it sound offensive. Kudos to you Steve and to your crazy pink shorts.

dedication,hard work and sacrfice... that 's wut saved DE and WF

also greed

a lot of  greed

Sony .. well just a credit booster

I fixed your post for you. Everyone makes mistakes.

DE is just greedy and breaks their promises. No Primes of new frames? Pfffffff, NOVA PRIME!

I fixed your post for you. Everyone makes mistakes.

DE is just greedy and breaks their promises. No Primes of new frames? Pfffffff, NOVA PRIME

you have 1.5k posts and you havnt seen what DE_Rebecca said about the no prime afther vauban thing....u gotta be joking right? pls just leave....

Welcome to the world of ignorant gamers, where they think you need to be a millionaire to use and keep a PC running.

I think that, accessories aside, you can get a pretty respectable build for less than $1000.

Mine, and it's serving me since around 5+ years, costed me €600 and here in italy prices are higher. (Changed video cards and power supply, to be truly fair...)

I think that, accessories aside, you can get a pretty respectable build for less than $1000.

Mine, and it's serving me since around 5+ years, costed me €600 and here in italy prices are higher. (Changed video cards and power supply, to be truly fair...)

I use a laptop for my gaming (and it's a high end laptop for really graphically intensive games.), but even then I know how cheap building a PC can be.

I use a laptop for my gaming (and it's a high end laptop for really graphically intensive games.), but even then I know how cheap building a PC can be.

Guess that's why people is starting to think PC gaming is really expensive...

To be fair, I think Laptops are overrated.

I know, they may be convenient and all, being able to bring them around or to fit smaller spaces than PCs. But it feels they have lost their original purpose as traveling computers to replace the Desktops as home computers. Now almost everyone wants a laptop, which is inherently more expensive than a desktop due to prices for high end components miniaturization, for everything. Gaming included.

Or they go buying one of these pre-made builds at malls and stuff...

Lazyness and desire to have something of which they'll use a minimal part of its potentials...

Guess that's why people is starting to think PC gaming is really expensive...

To be fair, I think Laptops are overrated.

I know, they may be convenient and all, being able to bring them around or to fit smaller spaces than PCs. But it feels they have lost their original purpose as traveling computers to replace the Desktops as home computers. Now almost everyone wants a laptop, which is inherently more expensive than a desktop due to prices for high end components miniaturization, for everything. Gaming included.

Or they go buying one of these pre-made builds at malls and stuff...

Lazyness and desire to have something of which they'll use a minimal part of its potentials...

For me, it's because the country I live in doesn't really allow for you to build your own PC. There aren't any stores that sells parts or anything like that and trying to order in parts is incredibly infuriating. 

For me, it's because the country I live in doesn't really allow for you to build your own PC. There aren't any stores that sells parts or anything like that and trying to order in parts is incredibly infuriating. 

Ordering parts, I have found, is pretty risky.

May I ask in which country you live?

Tempted to say Khur, but prolly just me and you would get the reference.