The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Up With The Stealth Patchs

Drewpk

Lets all chill and relax..

Self-Revive was a bug fix.

Let us wait and see shall we?

Panem et Circenses was the Roman Empire equivalent of Let's all chill and relax to soothe the masses...

It works with the ignorant masses, and these kind of people are the ones who still accept it, but doesn't works now when people can see how it feels tricky...

Edited by Branwyn

I prefer a 'wait-and-see' before i put them to the fire, it could be a mistake, it could be intentional. It could be a change that wasnt due yet.

I have no issues calling them out on aspects of change that make me angry, after they've had a chance to hotfix it, or release a statement. But im still quite sore on Excalibur/mag/Trinity changes during vivergate

I'm currently angry because all i see is blind rage all over the forums right now. Thank you for being intelligent in explaining your viewpoints, I wish many others did that as well.

I agree, only unified and patient feedback is going to get us the changes we seek. I strongly urge anyone who shares the same opinion to please STOP LURKING, and post in the thread. I know there are many of you out there who will pass this thread by without posting. 

We can make the change! Let your voice be heard!

If it was a fun mechanics, why remove it?

I think there is much envy in this forum.

"..Oh, He has something that we do not OP! We will ask nerf."

Except Oberon also could self-revive at one point and it was removed because it was a bug.

Why should weapons be different?

Except Oberon also could self-revive at one point and it was removed because it was a bug.

Because Oberon's was an actual bug, This was implemented in a way that it would be intentional. Synoid gammacor gives energy, Duel cestras give a boost to shields, WHY NOT have a self revive? It was a fun mechanic and hardly a game breaking exploit like some of these sheeple seem to think. If you seriously think a revive with a cooldown that can only happen after gaining 2000 affinity is god mode, you are seriously diluted in your thinking.

I understand that some things are errors, and should be treated as errors.

However, being more simple: What the hell, this is a game! If the community says things that are fun, why remove them?

Because they are OP? Because they break the game? We are playing. We have the right to have us the opportunity to be OP, to break the game and be smarter than the next.

Everyone is neurotic search for balance remove things that are fun, and makes all things within the game the same, gray and dull elements.

If all weapons, skills, and are perfectly balanced Warframes What's the point then use one or the other?

To be fair, if you could't see this as god mode, you were seriously using it wrong. At the end of the day it was overpowered as all hell, and imbalanced between all of the syndicate weapons. One gives you health, buffs your health and revives you all at the same time, one gives you energy and buffs your energy and no revive. How is that balanced, even between the syndicates, you just refuse to see how thats imbalanced rather than looking at it objectively.

And before you say that I am "jelly because I never had the self revive". I had it on 3 syndicate weapons, i used it, I saw it was overpowered as all hell and put it away. 

The revive was an oversight to the addition of health to the warframe, that it didn't check your frames state before applying the health to it. Nothing more, a bug that needed to be fixed. Should it have been communicated that it was fixed, probably yes it should have been, but thats a point for a different discussion.

Self revive brought nothing more to the game than people not needing to rely on teammates to get revived when they went down, which, no matter how you feel on that, is not how a multiplayer game works. Its not solo with a smattering of co-op thrown in. No more god mode hallway heroes, thats better for the game all around! This needed removing, it needed fixing its as simple as that.

Because Oberon's was an actual bug, This was implemented in a way that it would be intentional. Synoid gammacor gives energy, Duel cestras give a boost to shields, WHY NOT have a self revive? It was a fun mechanic and hardly a game breaking exploit like some of these sheeple seem to think. If you seriously think a revive with a cooldown that can only happen after gaining 2000 affinity is god mode, you are seriously diluted in your thinking.

Please explain how this was implemented in a way that it should be intentional.

If you're going to say it's because it's a health restore while downed, Oberon's Renewal functioned the very same way. It was a bug. It was fixed.

YOU ALREADY HAVE A SELF REVIVE.

Jeezus cant you get through your thick skull that you cant just jump into group Level 50 heavy gunners, die and expect to revive without any consequence?

Seriously what is so goddamn BAD about using tactics and skill in this game?

What is so BAD about being punished for doing something that is literally the dumbest thing ever like the example above?

Why dont you see how overpowered this was?

How cant you see that never dying because you had the ONLY gun that prevents that would make EVERY other gun non viable and EVERYONE would only use that single gun?

Do you not see how bad that is for the game?

Honestly bro... you have to be pretty deep-dented in the head to think this was even a feature and not a bug.  This isn't an attack on your character, it's a valid, clear, and discernible observation.

Explain to the world how this self-proclaimed "feature" of yours is any different than Oberon's self-revive bug.

Who is seriously diluted in their thinking?

15855e0aa7.png

Edited by GoatGodJohn

It is not God mode, it is wallet warrior mode.

A a single heavy with this an exp booster nets you at least 1.8k+ exp even in maps as low as Kappa.

All it takes is 2 clean kills or 3.

You have a practical revive bomb on tick that nukes everything in a 30 meter radius to boot.

DE has to fix this Wallet Warrior bullsh1t on syndicate weapons and this will be the first one to go.

It is not God mode, it is wallet warrior mode.

A a single heavy with this an exp booster nets you at least 1.8k+ exp even in maps as low as Kappa.

All it takes is 2 clean kills or 3.

You have a practical revive bomb on tick that nukes everything in a 30 meter radius to boot.

DE has to fix this Wallet Warrior bullsh1t on syndicate weapons and this will be the first one to go.

What do you mean wallet warrior mode ?

You mean that people can buy "op revive weps" ? Then there are many more things everyone can buy, frames, max mods, weapon sets....

The revive wasn't super spammable, you actually had to be lucky enough to go down while facing a group of enemies, you can't freely move while down as you know.

Yeah, got to self-revive myself with the Castanas ONCE and then the hotfix hit and BAM - it's "fixed".

Seriously, at least give the Sancti Castanas this effect back. New Loka is all about health and restoration, purity. It just makes sense.

For other Syndicate weapons that could also self-revive - why not give them something like ammo restoration (give an x amount of ammo and reload all weapons /// give x amount of clips for each weapon and reload each weapon you have). Seriously, if the self-reviving isn't going to be re-implemented then Sancti Castanas are going to become just more Mastery Fodder with a bit of fun to use, although not really - ain't much you can do with 32 ammo!

Ok everyone calm their britches. 

First off, to attempt a pseudo-revolution wont solve anything. 

Secondly, the issue here is the mis-communication between DE and the playerbase when it comes to the patch notes NOT the weapon itself. To which I think DE does indeed need to focus a bit when writing the patch notes. 

Now as for the revive feature. We have a way of reviving ourselves already, and yet you guys want to keep the feature that immediately gets us back on our feet without any-form of repercussions? I remember my friend getting knocked down but then got back while using that weapon, sure it was useful but it made the revival feature as well as team-mates coming to save his &#! completely null and void. You can have a rank 0 Mesa frame just revive herself every-time she went down without actually relying on her team to help her.

BUT in this weapon's case, the revival feature was not well implemented and it needs a system in place for it to have a repercussion upon using it.  

So yes, I do agree that the revival using weapons should be something in warframe (But with a repercussion upon using it.) and yes I do agree that DE needs to work on communication between them and the player-base.

Ok everyone calm their britches. 

First off, to attempt a pseudo-revolution wont solve anything. 

Secondly, the issue here is the mis-communication between DE and the playerbase when it comes to the patch notes NOT the weapon itself. To which I think DE does indeed need to focus a bit when writing the patch notes. 

Now as for the revive feature. We have a way of reviving ourselves already, and yet you guys want to keep the feature that immediately gets us back on our feet without any-form of repercussions? I remember my friend getting knocked down but then got back while using that weapon, sure it was useful but it made the revival feature as well as team-mates coming to save his ! completely null and void. You can have a rank 0 Mesa frame just revive herself every-time she went down without actually relying on her team to help her.

BUT in this weapon's case, the revival feature was not well implemented and it needs a system in place for it to have a repercussion upon using it.  

So yes, I do agree that the revival using weapons should be something in warframe (But with a repercussion upon using it.) and yes I do agree that DE needs to work on communication between them and the player-base.

the repercussion was that u only had 20% of your total life, if u get revived you have 100% of it, i think i t was reasonable      what i'd like to see was this being a feature added to the game and not relateed to a specific weapon, that's why i'm super ok with the fix, for now...