Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Strata Relay Even Exist?

CephalonShy

A (mostly)logical explanation for relays on planets in Warframe:

1. they are either in the shadow of the planet or at least near border with the part illuminated by the sun.

2. Our relays have Void-shield bubbles (similar to the mass effect ones by nature) that conceal them from the eyes unless you have the right coordinates and codes.

3 They are placed in such a way that they avoid any or at least the major traffic lanes.

I just thought this was a part of a normal relay. Destroying one of those is far more detrimental to the Grineer Empire/Corpus' supply chain than it would be to get rid of maybe a few hundred tenno at any given time. If even a hundred. Remember, you don't see a swarm of 20,000 other frames in the same place, do you?

As part of a risk/reward statement, this is an extremely costly measure for trying to take out maybe even just one hundred soldiers out of several million.

It would be the equivalent of a nation nuking one of their own cities and infrastructure thoroughfares just to get rid of a few individuals at a time. The cost is just far too much for the benefit.

My explanation is that it has a Void Cloak technology like our Lisets, or that it's actually quite small on the outside but it larger inside like how Ordis said about our Lisets.

You think that Grineer would like to have a truce with us? They know that they can obliterate it with their Balor Formorian fleet.

To OP: Why only ask about Earth? I mean, the other planets have Corpus and Grineer too. Vesper Relay would also be destroyed by the Corpus, and Larunda Relay would have a full-force attack with Vor included.

This is giant space station with massive traffic, thousands of Tenno ships and massive presence of their sympathizers and syndicate forces right in the orbit of the Earth, center of Grineer empire, seat of their power, and probably most massive swarms of their fleets, including balor fomorians?

How can they allow that? Space magic shields relays and insane amounts of ships going in and out of this thing? We are so god damn powerful that they can't do anything about us? They are THAT dumb? Some kind of truce is in effect?

I don't get it.

Do you know how big space is?

With Corpus - i can see that, sure. With Grineer? Not really. Especially since there are grineer traitors hanging out on those relays, ehhhh. They would just bomb the crap of them.

That would be akin to kicking a hornets nest. A hornets nest filled with Void solders that routinely slaughter the population of entire war ships with individual soldiers. It also includes a Guerrilla Grineer army and a group of highly trained assassins. 

Neutral ground is generally seen as a sorta safe haven for traitors, and everyone else, and considering the sort of fire power the relays actually have, attacking one would not be a wise decision. Besides, not all of the Grineer people in it might be traitors. Some of them might be innocent civilians out to do whatever it is people do to relax in this mythos.

It could also hurt Grineer - Corpus relations. Say an important Corpus person is getting a drink on the relay and is killed by some moron Grineer. The last thing the Grineer need is another faction actively trying to destroy them. Though, someone thick, like Hek will most likely attack us. Because diplomatic relations are for wimps. Says the Grineer diplomat. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

It's simple actually. The Grineer would have to successfully run 3 Infestation Invasions to get their hands on a single Nav Coordinate, then do that 3 times to craft a Tenno Hub Key.

And I've never seen them doing even a single one of those missions, therefore I can't imagine how they'd be able to even find those hubs.

Nevermind, I'll show myself out now.

I don't think Tenno is that powerful that can simple wipe out a faction easily. If it true, Sergas Ruk would not be that famous or even Alad V not even create Zanuka. 

We have more than enough Tenno and power to level the entire planet. Hell, the original tenno wiped out TWO highly advanced races that controlled the entire Origin system.

But throwing all of your force at an enemy is not a smart tactic. Us, nor the grineer want a head-to-head war. Even if we leveled their planet, it would distract from our other missions and have heavy casualties on both sides. It would also throw the balance of power out of whack with corpus and infested, if we all obliterated a single target.

Also, we have the syndicates now. Making the Tenno/Lotus/Whatever, a fairly large hive to be poking with a stick.

Do you know how big space is?

Also this. We are basically a needle hidden in a corn field. A "close" object is still going to be 20,000 miles away. To get a visual (as i'm sure radar and scanners don't work), they would have to know exactly where to look.

Edited by txzeenath

A) Space is a big place

B) The Tennos group there by the hundreds.  One can take out an entire ship's crew in 5 minutes time.  Imagine what hundreds could do.

C) If you look out the windows there are other space ships floating around the relay.  I'm sure a good amount of them have weapons on them.

D) The syndicates have taken up residence in the stations.  I'm sure they would defend them if need be.

E) There are other factions present within the ship(if you look at the civilians, the groups each have there own clothing style.  I think this suggests different factions).

F) There are armed guards within the relay. What makes you thing that the exterior isn't covered in guns to match?

Maybe the reason is that the grineer or the queens have no purpose to destroy these Hubs. Vay Hek has a grudge to settle, but the Grineer queens would be trying to wrestle out as much as they can gain from hubs rather than destroy it.

Not to mention being in a constant war with other factions, they would need to move resources left and right just to destroy a single hub which they have absolutely no idea of its offensive or defensive potential. In the end attacking a hub just isn't worth the time, effort or even resources, but working with it would benefit them ever so greatly.

Unless the grineer is really dumb with little cunning, the hubs would never be taken out.

This is giant space station with massive traffic, thousands of Tenno ships and massive presence of their sympathizers and syndicate forces right in the orbit of the Earth, center of Grineer empire, seat of their power, and probably most massive swarms of their fleets, including balor fomorians?

How can they allow that? Space magic shields relays and insane amounts of ships going in and out of this thing? We are so god damn powerful that they can't do anything about us? They are THAT dumb? Some kind of truce is in effect?

I don't get it.

Added:

Suppose we are indeed are so powerful, we can just fight them off like they are nothing.

Wow, that sure keeping me on the edge of my seat, such amazing threat to the origin system. Why can't we just drop down then, murder their queens, destroy their army and force rest of the grineer into surrender?

We don't need to genocide them all or anything, just force them into peace, destroy their military infrastructure and then proceed from there.

Instead we just let them destroy colonies, murder corpus, bomb planets, unleash infestation, while we just chill on our giant space stations like !"&%£$ and attack them only when we need some cash or scraps to build new gun?

Errr.. Strata relay is going down..