Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough With The Innate D Polarity Weapons, De...

Sarmon

Kohm comes out and to nobody's surprise it's got a D polarity on the first slot...

DE, I'm asking you nicely to read the following statement:

Make more D polarity mods for weapons or stop adding D polarities into weapons one after another.

I've seen plenty of threads after paracyst and gammacor came out, talking about how horrible innate D polarities are on ranged weapons. What did DE do? Add another D polarity.

If a weapon has a D polarity out of the box, I'm not formaing or potatoing to fix the issue that there's a severe lack of mods for the starting polarity.

If DE wants people to forma their weapons, make them seem like something with potential if forma'd, and not something that is in need of fixing using a forma.

There is a definite need for a look at mods. As it is there are only two pistol mods with a d polarity, and both are overshadowed by the same mod. There is a desperate need for overall balance between mod power (all solo elemental mods give 90%) and mod polarities (more with d, les with - and v).

Guys the most important thing for your argument is that the vazarin (D) polarity are for Defensive, Health, Armor, and Stamina mods.

DE why would you give weapons this polarity. What sense does it make. There are only like 6 mods that accommodate that polarity on firearms. That includes the ice mods. Vazarin polarities should be exclusive to frames. If it's not a Madurai (damage polarity) it should be a Naramon (misc mods aka utility). Vazarin mods have no business being on firearms. 

Overall, there needs to be a good hard look at polarities in general. Most weapons don't even come with them, and most weapons that require forma come with -none- and some, like castanas, or soma, come with -two- for no apparent reason. Most rifles need a minimum of 3x V polarities to even be partially viable. Not asking for 2x V's on every one out of the gate, but a token one would be nice. 

Suggestions:

Weapons that have lower mastery reqs start with more polarities (to help out new players that might not have an abundance of potatos.)

Weapons that cost a forma to make should start with at least one useful polarity.

No more D polarities please. The mods that use those slots kind of suck and don't fit into most standard builds (especially while leaving those basic status chance mods as -terrible- as they are for this long), having to band-aid a bad slot with forma really feels crappy.

Some how I have a feeling that there will be prime version of this mod

225px-RifleAptitudeModU145.png

Instead of buffing it, it is possible that DE would just release Prime Rifle Aptitude. So people would be glad to see D polarity on weapon.

Let's hope this would never happen...  :(

Edited by yles9056

It's a time/forma sink. It helps with player retention. Few people might complain for a week or two but most will just grind it out

I can't wait till they release a weapon with double D polarities :D

Pretty crappy way of retaining players in that case. It's not rewarding and it's something most people dread doing.

Some how I have a feeling that there will be prime version of this mod

Instead of buffing it, it is possible that DE would just release Prime Rifle Aptitude. So people would be glad to see D polarity on weapon.

Let's hope this would never happen...  :(

No one will be dropping 525 r5 cores and 1mil+ credits for a measly 30 status%

Kohm comes out and to nobody's surprise it's got a D polarity on the first slot...

DE, I'm asking you nicely to read the following statement:

Make more D polarity mods for weapons or stop adding D polarities into weapons one after another.

I've seen plenty of threads after paracyst and gammacor came out, talking about how horrible innate D polarities are on ranged weapons. What did DE do? Add another D polarity.

If a weapon has a D polarity out of the box, I'm not formaing or potatoing to fix the issue that there's a severe lack of mods for the starting polarity.

If DE wants people to forma their weapons, make them seem like something with potential if forma'd, and not something that is in need of fixing using a forma.

Well the fact being that i believe that a lot of people spend plats on either buying formas or rushing them, cause 24 hours is just freaking ridiculously long. And this D polarity = 1 extra forma spent on each weapon.. Which means that they earn more money.

Pretty crappy way of retaining players in that case. It's not rewarding and it's something most people dread doing.

It is crappy but it works. Just like Ubisoft business practices. If players were unsatisfied and left DEvs would try to find a better system but since majority of the playerbase are ok (or with their inaction show that they are ok) with it DEvs have no reason to change it. Hek, I see "gives me something to do" argument often enough on these forums.

For the love of your playerbase, DE  if the weapon is good, i will put 5-6 polarities on it anyway, if you do this, you're just making that first round that much more obnoxious, this does not make me play that much longer, it just pisses me off, makes me groan and then i just look at the gun and sit there with a calculator to figure out if it's worth it. this weapon already needs its base damage doubled and it comes with a polarity that's going to make more people than not... just ignore the weapon.

It is crappy but it works. Just like Ubisoft business practices. If players were unsatisfied and left DEvs would try to find a better system but since majority of the playerbase are ok (or with their inaction show that they are ok) with it DEvs have no reason to change it. Hek, I see "gives me something to do" argument often enough on these forums.

And what do you want us to do? Go on strike or something? It's not like we can actually do much about it. Quitting the game massively would just kill it. Because they probably would take their sweet time to remove all these pesky D polarities from weapons.

As far as I'm concerned, a weapon with ZERO polarity is BETTER than any weapon with a D polarity.

I can live with a Vazarin polarity on a rifle.  Cryo rounds is a decent dps mod.  That said ranked cryo rounds is only 9 energy so hardly the first choice for a polarity.

On a sidearm, a vazarin polarity is as close to useless as it can get without being a total waste of space.  It can be used with deep freeze to alllow a couple extra energy while leveling and polarizing the weapon until you get to the stage where it NEEDS to be replaced by a useful polarity.

My personal theory as to why we're getting the vazarin polarity on weapons is that someone at DE is wanting to add some "benefit" to a weapon without actually adding anything useful.  At least I hope it's something like that instead of rank incompetence.

BTW to the gentleman above that likes shotguns.  Shotgun savvy doesn't even hold a candle to the rare elemental/status combo mods.

All the plain status mods are so weak that there's no reasonable point to equipping them.  I'm not going to do it here atm, but I could compile a fairly long list of mods that are so weak that they get ridiculed by people that understand what they actually do.  Dunno if DE balanced them out of usefulness, or they simply got forgotten.