Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing 3 Unranked Weapons To T4D

Chub_N_Tuck

I see no issue with bringing unranked guns and being useful with frame abilities instead of firepower, if you clear this with the team first.

T4D wouldn't be my first choice of farming mission, though.

All three weapons unranked is a bit extreme even if you planned to let a strong sentinel or kubrow do damage.

Yes your teammates had strong weapons but things happen, people get distracted, enemies sneak up on you, assassins show up and you were definitely lacking an "in case of sh*&" weapon/plan IMHO.

I will always bring 1 good weapon for any content. 

This is expected from anyone. No ifs no buts.

Even if you are rank 2, you better bring a level 30 braton or Karak or something.

This is common courtesy especially for a host that is risking his key.

Edited by fatpig84

I can not agree with you. As a frost, with about 100% power strength increase, after wave 25-30 I just put 3 globes and with a decent team it is not a problem. About ninja moas and ancients I agree.

The key words here being 'decent team'.

If you're just taking randoms rather than sifting through chat for good teammates, you get people MR4-7 who think they can handle wave 20 t4 defense, or they're just mooching off the team to get stuff. Either way, they usually leave at around the 20wave mark, ruining the run for the rest of the team. It's these kind of players who think that Snowglobe is the be-all end-all of defense, and that they don't have to protect the pod/globe at all.

But also, people should not assume that I'm trying to be rude. I wasn't. If people were a little more tolerant, it wasn't gonna be any issue since I can quit and equip a good weapon and rejoin sqaud.

Welcome to the world, dude. It can be a really harsh places.

If your role is not DPS, bring whatever you want. It's that simple.

For instance, Trinity focussing on Energy Vampire or Nekros spamming desecrate in Survival, barely has any time to shoot stuff in a good DPS team.

It's fine as long as you're not just standing there, not supporting your team in any way. The whole team doesn't have to focus on DPS when doing endless missions. Nor should the entire team be desecrating, obviously.

For instance, when I'm playing Volt, I don't even have the time to kill stuff because I'm busy 24/7 building and maintaining a fortress of shields. Since more shields = higher damage boost. Why bring a strong weapon if I'm not going to use it anyway? Beats me.

I honestly didn't feel the need for another op weapon. That's all. If people felt uncomfortable with it, I was going to bring it gladly. I'm not trying to be rude and asked a question to the squad. Don't need to be feeling that i'll be leeching just because I brought those weapons.

If I brought those weapons without even asking them, of course it is rude. I gave them an option but straight up ignored it.

"I made it to Wave 40 so there was no problem" ya because everyone else was doing the work.

You can try to explain yourself all you want but 99% of the people who read this thread or see what you did will instantly think you are a leecher. 

Would you be fine with people doing this in your groups all the time? 

Edited by SOAP_Pmac

If your role is not DPS, bring whatever you want. It's that simple.

For instance, Trinity focussing on Energy Vampire or Nekros spamming desecrate in Survival, barely has any time to shoot stuff in a good DPS team.

It's fine as long as you're not just standing there, not supporting your team in any way. The whole team doesn't have to focus on DPS when doing endless missions. Nor should the entire team be desecrating, obviously.

For instance, when I'm playing Volt, I don't even have the time to kill stuff because I'm busy 24/7 building and maintaining a fortress of shields. Since more shields = higher damage boost. Why bring a strong weapon if I'm not going to use it anyway? Beats me.

I still bring at least good DPS weapon for any situation.

In survival a Nekros should be desecrating 95% of the time, but what happens if the team is starting to falter, you can't just run around and say "oh i am not supposed to fight anyway lawl". 

Same for my EV trinity, sometimes I trigger the EV bomb myself when the press 4 guys suddenly ran out of juice and a good DPS weapon makes the EV target easier to finish off. 

For missions especially T4 defense, not being able to bring a single level 30 is weapon is really inexcusable. 

Edited by fatpig84

He did ask first they ignored him.

Actually the quote itself that has been stated here failed to mention that he brought NO decent weapons. Generally when you go to level something, you bring at least one good weapon so you're not completely useless.

If you're ever doing something for exp, you're a leech if you bring no weapons (unranked, doing no damage).

"I made it to Wave 40 so there was no problem" ya because everyone else was doing the work.

You can try to explain yourself all you want but 99% of the people who read this thread or see what you did will instantly think you are a leecher. 

Would you be fine with people doing this in your groups all the time? 

I would be fine. I don't really care as long as I get to the wave I want. But it's a totally different story if the person blatantly did it without asking or afk'd. And stop assuming that I'm doing this all the time. It was only a day I tried it, and mostly people were nice enough to tolerate that much. Seems forumers aren't as tolerable. I get what you're saying, but doing little dmg doesn't necessarily mean leeching. That is for sure.

It's sad that you don't give a S#&$ about my explanations because you see many people disagreeing with me. 99% of the people who read this? Outrageous claim.

Welcome to the world, dude. It can be a really harsh places.

VdQiT3J.gif

How would I have known! 

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

Guys...it's not that bad, if he did a considerable part of the total damage it's not leeching, at least he was protecting the pod.

Yes, i understand that bringing 3 Unranked weapons isn't cool, but i once brought an Ash and Unranked weapons, and i did a good part of the damage.

If you bring 3 (!) unranked weapons to a T4D, you are a leech. And the worst kind of leech, the one that feels entitled. Your "CC" doesn't make a damn difference.

That's bad behavior. Bad behavior of a bad leech, no if's, when's and but's.

Bringing those weapons alone do not tell my rudeness. It matters what I tell them. They ignored my message and right when mission started they complained. Then straight up left the mission. People are so strict about bringing what, but doesn't even matter when I can protect and others attack and get to the wave we want. It's not leeching I tell you, it's working as a team. People give so little credit to cc. I'm shocked.

(If it's really intolerable that I bring little dmg, then I would change my postition. I won't frost but I'll nova. I'll be doing tons of dmg with antimatter absorb, or Mprime everything.)

The point was that I wanted people to know that I want to rank as I get extra prime parts, but in the very first place a lot of forumers liked to assume that I was being a #$&(%. But I was asking them politely If I can. Iike I've been saying, I'd gladly bring weapons if people wanted.

That kind of tolerance really makes things even more hostile.

The weapons I bring don't represent my position.

When it comes to T4, people are getting pretty serious about doing more dmg, when it doesn't really matter that much. I'm not fond of people saying "PM your frame/weapon" for that reason. People are too strict about it. It wasn't like I brought everything useless. Also pointed out that I will bring real weapons if people wanted. What went wrong was that the people in squad said nothing and started.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

I still bring at least good DPS weapon for any situation.

In survival a Nekros should be desecrating 95% of the time, but what happens if the team is starting to falter, you can't just run around and say "oh i am not supposed to fight anyway lawl". 

Same for my EV trinity, sometimes I trigger the EV bomb myself when the press 4 guys suddenly ran out of juice and a good DPS weapon makes the EV target easier to finish off. 

For missions especially T4 defense, not being able to bring a single level 30 is weapon is really inexcusable. 

Basically, some people don't like it when there is someone leveling his weapon while they are using maxed out weapons, even if that person is the one who makes it possible for the team to reach wave 50 on T4D.

That's just not my mentality.

As I said above, I keep it simple: as long as you're being usefull in the team, you bring whatever you want.

Bringing 3 unranked weapons to T4D is just absurd.

Edit: If I'm leveling stuff, I usually level the first 5-10 levels on Apollodorus.  Is that so inconvenient? If I'm still leveling a bad gun when its at level 23 (Paracyst currently, blargh!), I don't do harder missions because I know I won't be able to contribute.

You couldn't bring a single useful weapon to the t4d? you HAD to bring 3 unranked ones....

IMO that is a dirtbag move and very much a valid reason to call someone a leech. Just because you can bubble doesnt mean you get a free ticket to stand around and get your weapons leveled. Granted you shouldnt be leaving the pod aside from gathering energy, you could at least make yourself useful other than bubble.

Jesus why do u feel entitled to do that? Do you leave at wave 10? people stay till wave 20-40 in pub runs, get off your highhorse and realise you screwed up badly.

I would have purposely aborted the mission if i had someone do that to me and i was host, no one's getting a free ride off my keys.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ -9999999999999999999999

its this kind of blatant negative elitism that is bad/toxic for the community (and look at all the upvotes they got... sigh)

OP brings the FROST to the mission, one of the most important defensive/CC roles (yes there are other options, but since this team wanted a frost, im going to assume the bubbles were necessary)

now you ppl and some of his less savy teammates are going to give him flak for not ALSO filling some kind of dmg role as well? what the hell were the other 3 ppl bringing? so the OP is a 'dirtbag' for not carrying his whole team? give me an effn break srsly

who cares if he ever does 1 pt of dmg, as frost his job is to keep those globes up on the pod, and avalanche when the panic button needs to be hit, maybe use those lasers in a worse case scenario, I know that on my teams, i certainly dont want my frost distracted by doing basically anything else, becuz ive seen plenty who run around outside the globe and shoot things and/or get distracted and dont put the globes back up immediately, often leading to a mission failure

+1 OP, there is definitely not enough rational thought in this thread, kudos to you for asking your team in the first place, and plz dont let all the negative masses get you down, being a rational/critical thinker is a lonely road though however my friend, dont expect a lot of support along the way (sad but true)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Bringing those weapons alone do not tell my rudeness. It matters what I tell them. They ignored my message and right when mission started they complained. Then straight up left the mission. People are so strict about bringing what, but doesn't even matter when I can protect and others attack and get to the wave we want. It's not leeching I tell you, it's working as a team. People give so little credit to cc. I'm shocked.

It is leeching. You went into a T4D, one of the hardest missions to run, with three unranked weapons and a Frost. Your damage was going to be negligible, meaning the others have to pick up the slack because of you. At this point, you're getting carried by the others, which means that yes, you are leeching.

You can try to paint it any way you want, but you leeched. If you're going to do a T4D, at least bring one leveled weapon so you can do something.

It is leeching. You went into a T4D, one of the hardest missions to run, with three unranked weapons and a Frost. Your damage was going to be negligible, meaning the others have to pick up the slack because of you. At this point, you're getting carried by the others, which means that yes, you are leeching.

You can try to paint it any way you want, but you leeched. If you're going to do a T4D, at least bring one leveled weapon so you can do something.

It's not leeching in my book... I didn't afk or anything. I did enough dmg with my BR + Intensify frost, my globe lasts 32 seconds with primed continuity + constitution. I was doing what was necessary, and doing dmg is just what others were doing too. 3 others brought all those op weapons, and I get that it may look rude that I bring 3 unranked weapons.

But why does it matter that I do dmg, when others are doing dmg and I'm doing my job as frost? As a squad, in my book, it doesn't matter that every single member is doing dmg. What matters is that they do their designated job.

who cares if he ever does 1 pt of dmg, as frost his job is to keep those globes up on the pod, and avalanche when the panic button needs to be hit, maybe use those lasers in a worse case scenario, I know that on my teams, i certainly dont want my frost distracted by doing basically anything else, becuz ive seen plenty who run around outside the globe and shoot things and/or get distracted and dont put the globes back up immediately, often leading to a mission failure

I've been Frost in several T4 Defense rounds and I always bring one good weapon because I got enough time to shoot things down. You're not going to spam the snow globe 24/7 the entire round. In fact the time you put up two of them is at like 20+. Around 30 or 35 you can put up 3 and be just fine.

I never had to use my ultimate because I helped the team keep enemies at bay. If you don't bring a weapon and this makes enemies get too close you ARE putting the team in danger of not bringing a good weapon with you.

OP was basically leeching. 

It's not leeching in my book... I didn't afk or anything. I did enough dmg with my BR + Intensify frost, my globe lasts 32 seconds with primed continuity + constitution. I was doing what was necessary, and doing dmg is just what others were doing too. 3 others brought all those op weapons, and I get that it may look rude that I bring 3 unranked weapons.

But why does it matter that I do dmg, when others are doing dmg and I'm doing my job as frost? As a squad, in my book, it doesn't matter that every single member is doing dmg. What matters is that they do their designated job.

It doesn't matter if you're doing damage -- the distinction worth making is are you putting out enough damage.

If everyone else is doing 20-40% of the damage and you're sitting at 10% or lower, you're getting carried, and you're effectively leeching. Yes, you were rude by bringing 3 unranked weapons. Yes, I know you asked if it was alright to do so, but silence does not imply agreement, and it was your fault for assuming it was okay to do so.

You should always, always have a level 30 weapon with you to help cover for the one you're leveling. There's no real reason not to.

Is this kind of Elitism what really annoys me from the Community.

The only thing that OP did wrong, was to join a PUG.

"He should've brought at least 1 maxed weapon to deal some damage"

His main job was to protect the pod, and he did so, but i feel sorry for the OP, he should've play that mission with friends.

Edited by DarkLordX2

It doesn't matter if you're doing damage -- the distinction worth making is are you putting out enough damage.

If everyone else is doing 20-40% of the damage and you're sitting at 10% or lower, you're getting carried, and you're effectively leeching. Yes, you were rude by bringing 3 unranked weapons. Yes, I know you asked if it was alright to do so, but silence does not imply agreement, and it was your fault for assuming it was okay to do so.

You should always, always have a level 30 weapon with you to help cover for the one you're leveling. There's no real reason not to.

Getting carried is a wrong term. Damage isn't all that matters. Like, when a teammate is loki and disarm in T4S but after 20 or so minutes, if he stops doing damage, I'm still fine with that. My example on bringing 3 unranked weapons may be extreme, but it's the same idea. They do their job and I don't give a sh1t if they kill enemies or not. Because there are others available to kill the enemies.

I really feel that people give too much credit to doing enough damage as a contribution to a squad. It's a definition problem. Sqaud contribution as a whole isn't all about damage. I give a lot of credit if warframe abilities are used in the right time and place. I don't care about weapons if others brought enough of it.

Dude, what about common sense? Asking your team is trying to get away with it.

You need to contribute to the fights. If you cannot do that, you leech. And no, putting up energy bubble every 30 seconds while watching Baywatch is not contributing.

Like I said, I could use ice wave and avalanche and that provides good cc too, it IS a contribution to squad as frost. Also ice blast freezes enemy, so when it's shooting at a teammate, I can help. Warframe abilities should be given same credit as dmg. 

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

Did OP expect sympathy and applause? Bringing crappy weapons and doing little to no damage is leeching, not matter how much you spam Globe

I'm expecting more tolerance and patience in people. Rage quitting because I brought those weapons was pretty immature and haste thing to do, when I can bring it whenever I want and all was good.

Also I'm expecting people to give credit to Warframe abilities just as much as damage with weapons.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss