Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Pls Nerf The Soma A Bit

KuroShiranui

Cant anyone see the 3.0 base multiplier on Prime version which makes it much better? 

And NO, no nerfs to anything. Everyone is crying Boltor Prime OP, now when we got alternative to it you start crying again. What is wrong with you

The normal Soma already have it...

The Soma is a weapon that build its power on many prerequisites: mastery rank, critical build mods, user's capacity for headsot and ammo conservation, and others.

And even then, Soma fall short in endgame compared to bows and no one would think about nerfing bows.

Play the gun instead of believing base rumors coming from uninformed people, you will see the shortcomings for yourself.

No i'm not talking about Soma Prime, i'm referring to the original Soma.

Other than the mag size and ammo capacity increase, the prime stats increase are a bit less significant from its normal counterpart, which is understandable to prevent making Soma Prime being too OP.

My suggestion would be to nerf the damage of Soma a bit, perhaps reducing the base damage to 8 or 7.

The mastery requirements could be reduced to 5 to compliment the change.

The purpose is just to make the transition from normal to prime being more significant. Of course we could just buff Soma Prime, but that's just gonna cause powercreep.

you should be fed massive amounts of Exlax and tied to the railroad tracks...with a train coming.

My whole take on this particular weapon is that it's damage can easily compete with the best rifles and it's certainly deserves it's status as one of the top tier rifles. I find it to be balanced because it can be out damaged by weapons like the Paris prime or dread or even Latron(Prime or wraith). Plenty of weapons can match it's damage and I think it's a pretty fair representation of the auto rifle weapon type. That said, don't into a thread where the author poses a simple question and insult him and his opinions because he threatened your precious weapon. Provide actual constructive criticism and start a healthy deviate rather than a flame war and you may even see some productivity happen.

This is based on first impression. I see that some people feels the Prime counterpart isn't that significant compared to the normal one. And I don't think there'll be a buff soon. So I was thinking about making the gap significant by nerfing the original instead. But still, just a little nerf, just make it so that Soma is still endgame-viable.

It's also something of giving players incentive to get the prime counterpart, because it'll be significantly better. 

But oh well, judging from the replies I get I think Soma Prime is so hard to farm I guess that people simply want their normal Soma untouched.

So what you wanted was to make the Prime version appear to be an upgrade by nerfing the base weapon.

And it's no for many players, because

-it's the lazy way;

-with 20% more base damage it's already a strong upgrade.

The problem is Boltor Prime, a 120% base damage increase is totally insane, even for a primed version.

I see no reason to nerf the normal Soma, not everyone will be able to farm for the Prime bits and they both have a important end/late game role.

For as minimal as the bonuses to damage that the Soma Prime has over its normal one, these make a large diference when the weapon is fully formed, specialy the prime one having 2 V polareties, will spare alot of people's time to get this weapon to its max potential.

Regular Soma has two V polarities as well.

In response to the rest of this thread: no.

If anything Soma Prime needs a slight buff. The boltor to boltor prime is quite significant, why not make that the case here? Other weapons will still be viable, boltor prime can do 2-6k(On the low end of things) damage a shot. Yes, I know Soma is no Boltor so dont even start that argument.

Edited by SwiftPotato12

I completely understand what the OP is trying to get at.

1. The gap between base versions and the primes should be noticeablely wider, I assume to make primes feel much more powerful.

2. The OP suggest having the base version nerfed slighty instead of buffing the prime version to create an overly unbalanced weapon.

That being said. The amount of non-constructive feedback is sad. Fair enough no one wants their favorite weapon to be degraded, however, the topic in a general scope is based on the gap between Primes and base models.

Personally primes could have the same statistics and be a cosmetic reward and I would be fine.

But, if DE wanted to make the Stat increases equal among prime upgrades, they could do so mathematically via burst/sustain dps calculations and tell themselves, okay let's shoot for 30% dmg increase from the base model to the prime version and start from there instead of making certain primes outshine others.

Now I don't suggest or condone DE going back and rebalancing primes. That's up to you guys and DE to discuss.I am saying however, there is a way to make the feel of prime upgrades feel meaningful and fair among all the weapons.

Edited by Ophan

Cant anyone see the 3.0 base multiplier on Prime version which makes it much better? 

And NO, no nerfs to anything. Everyone is crying Boltor Prime OP, now when we got alternative to it you start crying again. What is wrong with you

uh soma has a 3.0 crit multiplier so how does it make it much better?

Ok guys, let's keep this civilized. Here's what I think. DE makes the decisions. We are not DE. If DE likes our concepts, and implements them, good for us, but it's up to them. Here is why this will not get buffed or nerfed. Half of the community says leave it, the other half says nerf it. Two conflicting ideas and neither one can gain an advantage. Nothing will be done to it. Don't worry. :I

I completely understand what the OP is trying to get at.

1. The gap between base versions and the primes should be noticeablely wider, I assume to make primes feel much more powerful.

2. The OP suggest having the base version nerfed slighty instead of buffing the prime version to create an overly unbalanced weapon.

That being said. The amount of non-constructive feedback is sad. Fair enough no one wants their favorite weapon to be degraded, however, the topic in a general scope is based on the gap between Primes and base models.

Personally primes could have the same statistics and be a cosmetic reward and I would be fine.

But, if DE wanted to make the Stat increases equal among prime upgrades, they could do so mathematically via burst/sustain dps calculations and tell themselves, okay let's shoot for 30% dmg increase from the base model to the prime version and start from there instead of making certain primes outshine others.

Now I don't suggest or condone DE going back and rebalancing primes. That's up to you guys and DE to discuss.I am saying however, there is a way to make the feel of prime upgrades feel meaningful and fair among all the weapons.

So, in your opinion, any opinion that doesn't agree with yours/the OPs is non-constructive? Ok...

So, in your opinion, any opinion that doesn't agree with yours/the OPs is non-constructive? Ok...

Nah agreement or disagreement is not the issue. It is the context in which criticism is recieved, and the lack of actual insight into the issue.

There are opnions that are contrary to mine that are valid and helpful. So no, any opinion that does not coincide with mine is not "unconstructive". But I don't want to derail the post.

Personally I think the Soma and prime are fine but I can somewhat see what the OP may be trying to bring up. Not every prime should be compared to the boltor upgrade however.

Edited by Ophan

I just don't want to see another thing nerfed just to nerf it. And I don't want to see yet another weapon/item/frame underpowered just because some people like getting killed alot in the game. And I especially don't think a weapon should be nerfed just so that another weapon can be stronger than it. I'd rather they nerf something about the Soma Prime (maybe make it as strong as the Braton Prime?)

You need this more than me:

KiMGrxR.png

Also, I think that the way it is now is alright. The stat boosts that the Soma Prime got are very reasonable I think. That said, Soma survived over a year without being swallowed by power creep. Hm, maybe a nerf is in order.