Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Drop Tables' Rotation C Was Stealth Nerfed, Please Raise Awareness Of This Issue

cyrus106

TIV D quick 20 waves Dakra p bp, forma bp,forma bp,forma bp

TIV S 40 minutes: 5xr5, Bo prime ornament, 5xr5, forma bp, 5xr5, 5xr5, 5xr5, Mag p helmet........while its nice to get lots of r5 cores getting like 1 prime component out of 4 loot rotations is kinda bad and a sure fire way to &!$$ people off. 

Something happening like this during the age of easy T IV key access was one thing but with the keys now removed it will be all the more frustrating for everyone who could not stock up on keys for various reasons. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

TIV D quick 20 waves Dakra p bp, forma bp,forma bp,forma bp

TIV S 40 minutes: 5xr5, Bo prime ornament, 5xr5, forma bp, 5xr5, 5xr5, 5xr5, Mag p helmet........while its nice to get lots of r5 cores getting like 1 prime component out of 4 loot rotations is kinda bad and a sure fire way to &!$$ people off. 

Something happening like this during the age of easy T IV key access was one thing but with the keys now removed it will be all the more frustrating for everyone who could not stock up on keys for various reasons.

I agree, it should be balanced accordingly

Dude, RNG. I've been playing T1 Capture for THREE DAYS trying to get an Hikou Prime part. I have enough boar prime receivers to build a god damn castle. 

Yeah, I know some day I'll be able to get ducats for them, but seriously highlights the brutal weighting of the drop tables. I know, RNG, but please lessen the brutality for the parts that aren't even new anymore. 

I had a relevant, succinct, and cogent reply on this topic.  But once I saw the puppies, the reply flew out of my head. THEY'RE JUST SO DAMN CUTE!

Did the same... but I must continue... 

ODS is the worst offender. Did 40 min today and got keys at 20 and 40 min as well. A total of 6 keys in total. I have actually never gotten any prime part from ODS. Either when I tried farming for Burston parts or now with Nova prime.

At least they should be upfront about it instead of listing it like this on the Prime Gear Drop Location sheet.

OROKIN DERELICT SURVIVAL   

Rotation C:

BURSTON PRIME BARREL

FORMA BLUEPRINT

NOVA PRIME SYSTEMS

That is not the whole truth is it now DE?

HATE ODS, ran more keys than I care to count for only T2 keys so far. Never seen Nova in there or Burston before that - ever. Bad luck, probably, but certainly isn't being helped by the overload of crap keys. Could they at least be T3 keys or something to make it feel less like a really boring waste of my time?? 

lol.

There's an RNG wall before getting ready to grind for the prime parts.

That is RNG of the type of T1/2/3/4 Keys...

That's at the heart of the problem. We could stomach the void RNG much easier if we weren't put through the grind just to get a chance to grind. Ehh. 

Keys should be removed from rewards outside of endless missions. Nothing worse than doing a T1 capture, hoping for T1 capture rewards, only to get a key for a mission you don't give a **** about.

Please. 

Not having a specific way to get the tower key we need is the real abusive part...

This would help soooooo much. There are enough missions to split the keys among. 

they gotta make those ACTUALLY hard nightmare missions with maybe conclave limits like tactical alerts, varied and challenging enemy spawns (pls no exploding meat fest) finally useful. Put specific keys on specific high level nightmare missions or something and everyone is already having more fun and are happier.

It's not hard to figure out, by now I think they are leaving booring RNG based, unchanging grind on purpose.

Another great option. Or alerts that are crazy hard and require real skill and teamwork for packs of keys as an alternative or supplement to the normal key grind. 

To add to the T4 Sabotage problem, they also removed Prime Parts from the third cache due to an exploit.

I know that exploit, although I never used it. Honestly, what kept them from fixing it right away? They must've know about this for a while, stuff like this doesn't go unnoticed. Just make the reward invisible until you extract, or mark the key as "used" if you open the third cache.

PLEASE! 

Clearly drop tables need some love and thought put into reworking them. A few small changes like reducing the RNG or the grind to get the keys, or returning rotation C to its former glory would probably pacify much of the argument. But in the long run, a larger rethink seems to be needed with how diluted some of the tables are now, how many pieces drop in duplicate places, and the sometimes lack of the mission scale relating to the rewards (I'm looking at you, bo prime ornament, wtf are you doing in T4 survival???). Or maybe there could be a way for skill to come into play, like the rare rewards would have a higher chance of dropping if your team met certain objectives that would take real teamwork. Idk, I'm reaching for anything to make this game less repetitive. There's so much to love about this game, but sometimes I realize that I'm loving its potential rather than the grindy reality. 

I'm sure this will be a long process, but please, DE, at least make some acknowledgement that you are hearing us. Even if you don't have an answer or don't want to let us in on your potential answer yet. 

It's worrying because as we get more prime frames and weapons, DE will simply add more mission types and we'll get more dilution and more weighting of drops. 

This has been my concern from the start regarding how they had drops from back when they first put void missions in.  They need to ditch weighting of drops because it is simply too punishing given how much time and rng is involved even getting to the point that you can attempt to get these drops.

This has been my concern from the start regarding how they had drops from back when they first put void missions in.  They need to ditch weighting of drops because it is simply too punishing given how much time and rng is involved even getting to the point that you can attempt to get these drops.

we need a change in the reward system. far less rng but more skilled based rewards.

Got 5 R5's as a rotation C reward in T4 def... It's not that I don't ever get prime parts, but they are so much more rare now that it's really frustrating. These missions were already really grindey. Guess I'm going to stop running my keys now and just take taxi's until I hear if DE will be addressing this. Really don't want to waste keys anymore if there is any chance they might fix this or bring some balance to what feels like a major over-nerf. 

Fairly horrible responses from the devs on this issue in the stream: no reversal or even justification of the end of the promised good rewards in rotation C, which is the core of what this issue was about. (Also nothing remotely apologetic about the stealth nature of these changes, and no word on fixing the damned Sabotage caches any time soon) Instead, developers directly trolling the players about adding a rotation D.  (Which would not be such a horrible thing if it was at the expense of the double A rotation, ABCDABCD..., but they seemed to be talking more AABCDAABCD or, even worse, AABCAABCDAABCD [Which would only be a good idea if the D table was always exactly only the rare stuff from the C table with nothing else in there]

When they weren't trolling, it looked like no changes to the busted C tables are coming and the best we can hope for on the rotation might be AABCABCABC...

Edited by (PS4)j232000

Fairly horrible responses from the devs on this issue in the stream: no reversal or even justification of the end of the promised good rewards in rotation C, which is the core of what this issue was about. (Also nothing remotely apologetic about the stealth nature of these changes, and no word on fixing the damned Sabotage caches any time soon) Instead, developers directly trolling the players about adding a rotation D.  (Which would not be such a horrible thing if it was at the expense of the double A rotation, ABCDABCD..., but they seemed to be talking more AABCDAABCD or, even worse, AABCAABCDAABCD [Which would only be a good idea if the D table was always exactly only the rare stuff from the C table with nothing else in there]

When they weren't trolling, it looked like no changes to the busted C tables are coming and the best we can hope for on the rotation might be AABCABCABC...

It seems like Sheldon is making the loot based decisions and he wasn't given any warning about it which I find to be unfortunate.  You are completely right that the issue was mostly just brushed off, but here's hoping that they at least do something about tightening it up.  I'd settle for that as a short term fix before the huge loot blowout that Steve talked about on the previous devstream.