Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Pls Revert Mesa Nerf!

Dgzgun

I just got the new warframe Mesa earlier because i was super amazed at the trailer DE posted on the warframe channel but sadly after i acquired Mesa she is a big disappointment stats wise and her 4th ability the Peacemaker which got nerfed because DE thinks its a good idea to change "shoot as fast as you could click" as they say it in Borderlands which is nice and changed to utterly garbage by activating the ability and hold the LEFT MOUSE BUTTON - LMB which is completely unnecessary. Better don't hold it at all for F*** sake and just toggle the ability. I know some of you might say "People will macro the ability with super fast clicks" but i say not everybody owns a mouse with macro capabilities and certainly nobody will go spend money to buy a brand new gaming mouse just so they can abuse mesa's ability!

To me Mesa was a really well designed warframe that DE put a lot of work into but she just couldnt cut it for me

pardon my english. Its not my native language and i hope this covers Mesa gaping holes or should i say her canyons
ba dum tsss... tell me what you guys think maybe DE will give second thoughts.

I should point out that it's very easy to get software to make macros. I do agree though, the ability should allow you to fire faster by clicking rapidly. The devs should allow a compromise and allow both control schemes. Holding down the mouse button will be less stressful and fire the Regulators at a steady pace while rapidly clicking the mouse will let Mesa shoot as fast as you can click. (Or up to a certain speed I guess)

Edited by Liacu

I only got her after the change, so I cannot compare.

What I can say is if it was a nerf it was probably needed.

With the held approach I can solo DSD on Jupiter to wave 25 easily.

The Fleet Footed alert was a joke with Mesa.

I honestly think she fires fast enough, I doubt I could manually click faster.

Finally, if they did revert it, I would use a click macro, I'm not killing my fingers for anyone!

Edited by Egg_Chen

I wouldn't even call that a nerf...

Especially seeing as defence etc can be reduced to press 4 and hold LMB.

Fun fact:Augments like shock trooper etc work on some abilities. Ran T4D as booben with a Mesa and ember. When ever things got hairy or looked like we would get in trouble mesa just used peacemaker and ember cast fireball on her boosting dmg up to way over 10k-ish.

I just sat back with my supra, mowed stuff down, Chucked the odd vortex etc around and got to play with tesla link a lot.

That got us to wave 50.

Probably one of the least stressful T4 runs I've ever been on.

No frost or nova required.

TL;DR Mesa is fine.

She still shoots crazy fast after the short wind up.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I agree with all of your statements but maybe some people would went through installing a macro software but this doesn't mean she could compare herself to other frames like rhino,saryn,nova etc where some of the enemies instantly die in an AoE and her only advantage in this is her bullet range

No. That freaking button smashing is not needed.

However, I agree that ability needs a little more tweak, a little faster auto firing and auto targeting the ones closers to you first. That ability makes her stand freeze in one spot and all the ones closer to her killing her while she tries to shoot the further ones.

No. That freaking button smashing is not needed. However, I agree that ability needs a little more tweak, a little faster auto firing and auto targeting the ones closers to you first. That ability makes her stand freeze in one spot and all the ones closer to her killing her while she tries to shoot the further ones.

She is STUPID powerful but the targeting could be improved.

The fact that she has to remain in place is the ONLY way it is currently balanced at all.

You do understand that semi-auto weapons fire rate is affected by your FPS, right?
And that if they changed it back to click spam (or macro spam, or scroll wheel spam as most people actually used) its going to be a major nerf for the reasons that once it 'spins up' it has a very fast fire rate, and that changing it back would mean that people with lower than 60 fps would get crap out of the ability.

Overall the change to automatic fire was good for everyone involved.

No. That freaking button smashing is not needed. However, I agree that ability needs a little more tweak, a little faster auto firing and auto targeting the ones closers to you first. That ability makes her stand freeze in one spot and all the ones closer to her killing her while she tries to shoot the further ones.

targeting the nearest enemy seems to be a good idea because the infested can actually do some serious damage to you while toggling the ability