Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Eyes Of Blight Leaderboards.

[DE]Rebecca

Abusing exploits that DE leaved again. No fun allowed, must play for high numbers.

There are no secrets, mate. We will tell the strategy after the event.

Moreover, if DE asks us now, we will make detailed instruction and send them, cause we are Beta-Testers ;)

By the way, we've already send a ticket with EE.log to support where we were using our strategy. Moreover, earlier we've send a ticket with the real exploit (before the first leaderboard reset)

Thanks for paying attention to Community. Enjoy and have fun )

Best Regards,

~10no~

Edited by -10no-Nameless

[...]

-Other?

In order to fix the time dilation when weak host machines are dropping to low FPS I am imagining a 2nd animation for every spam-able visual effect there is in the game. 

how would that work out?

(please note, I have no experience with actually coding stuff in game engines - this is only a rough concept)

I've made a graphic for easier understanding

WAR_dil_concept_fp.jpg

before: Animation set A

- Player presses the assigned hot-key: full animation fires

- repeat firing animation A with every next press of hot-key

- result in overlapping effects and increased performance drops on weak machines

after: Animation set A and B

A = as it is now, no change

B = a single steady visual effect animation stream that will run for the time of: the duration of the assigned hot-key being pressed by the player that would successfully repeatedly activate the effect animation A all over again

- Player presses the assigned hot-key: timer (based on length of the effects animation) starts to wait for additional key activation via player within the given amount of time

fork:

- case 1: animation of the previous effect has not finished, yet, but the effect cool-down has worn off allowing for a new activation -> override animation A and start animation B

- keep animation B active until player stops activating the effect animation successfully repeatedly, stop stream, end animation

- case 2: animation of the previous effect has finished -> start animation A over again

example:

spamming the activation of the Elytron Thumper Ability

now as long as the initial visual effect animation has not finished a steady alternative animation stream will be played until the player stops activating the skill successfully within the time of the rest of the animation it would need to finish if the player was to stop activating the Ability

possible bug: the origin and area of the animation effect does not move with the player

fix: move the visual effect stream and effect range area with the player

this would look odd but fix the performance drop.

hope this makes sense and can be helpful

edit: I'd like to note, without "exploiting" first hand I would've never grasped what the issue is all about in the first place, neither would DE.
Edited by FatalionPanic-EGT-

most of those who abused the bug hard to get on top of leaderboards are founders, DE won't ban them, they would never ban a founder, or maybe ban after 10-15 warnings and severe rule breaks, if YOU have used it, expect at least 1 month ban, or maybe more

This is not true. I've seen Grand Master Founders banned before and I know some lower Founders that were banned personally.

In order to fix the time dilation when weak host machines are dropping to low FPS I am imagining a 2nd animation for every spam-able visual effect there is in the game. 

how would that work out?

(please note, I have no experience with actually coding stuff in game engines - this is only a rough concept)

I made a graphic for easier understanding

WAR_dil_concept_fp.jpg

before: Animation set A

- Player presses the assigned hot-key: full animation fires

- repeat firing animation A with every next press of hot-key

- result in overlapping effects and increased performance drops on weak machines

after: Animation set A and B

A = as it is now, no change

B = a single steady visual effect animation stream that will run for the time of: the duration of the assigned hot-key being pressed by the player that would successfully repeatedly activate the effect animation A all over again

- Player presses the assigned hot-key: timer (based on length of the effects animation) starts to wait for additional key activation via player within the given amount of time

fork:

- case 1: animation of the previous effect has not finished, yet, but the effect cool-down has worn off allowing for a new activation -> override animation A and start animation B

- keep animation B active until player stops activating the effect animation successfully repeatedly, stop stream, end animation

- case 2: animation of the previous effect has finished -> start animation A over again

example:

spamming the activation of the Elytron Thumper Ability

now as long as the initial visual effect animation has not finished a steady alternative animation stream will be played until the player stops activating the skill successfully within the time of the rest of the animation it would need to finish if the player was to stop activating the Ability

possible bug: the origin and area of the animation effect does not move with the player

fix: move the visual effect stream and effect range area with the player

this would look odd but fix the performance drop.

hope this makes sense and could be helpful

edit: I'd like to note, without "exploiting" first hand I would've never grasped what the issue is all about in the first place, neither would DE.

"I was just 'testing'."

This is one of the most common excuses for exploit abuse. DE does not need you to test and write a QA report.  All anyone should have done is realized after a minute or so that the host was lagging, that the timer was going for longer than 30 seconds, and reported that to DE.

"I was just 'testing'."

This is one of the most common excuses for exploit abuse. DE does not need you to test and write a QA report.  All anyone should have done is realized after a minute or so that the host was lagging, that the timer was going for longer than 30 seconds, and reported that to DE.

yin and yang

As I stated before, there are not a lot of options when it comes to events, exploit or not we own our tier regardless because we fully commit, always have and always will - but I'm starting to repeat myself here.

On a side note: we're looking forward to the next Leaderboard wipe, already saving up our resources since it's pointless to go all out right now. The Leaderboard (http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/eyesOfBlight.phpsays it all doesn't it? Nothing's been fixed, yet, even though reports have been on DE's desks way before the event started. Until fixes roll out it's waiting game.

And when we say we fully commit we know we can win the Mountain Clan tier legit, we're not gonna let exploiters beat us just because the Leaderboard won't get a 2nd wipe. That'd be silly, yeah, we could always pull the "we ain't won but least we kept it legit" card but that'd be utterly worthless with the exploiters being rewarded laughing their butts off with their 1st rank statue in their dojo.

Sorry this sounds arrogant to all other clans in our tier who try hard, but EGT's 9/10 1st rank world event record speaks for itself.

Edited by FatalionPanic-EGT-

yin and yang

As I stated before, there are not a lot of options when it comes to events, exploit or not we own our tier regardless because we fully commit, always have and always will - but I'm starting to repeat myself here.

On a side note: we're looking forward to the next Leaderboard wipe, already saving up our resources since it's pointless to go all out right now. The Leaderboard (http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/eyesOfBlight.phpsays it all doesn't it? Nothing's been fixed, yet, even though reports have been on DE's desks way before the event started. Until fixes roll out it's waiting game.

And when we say we fully commit we know we can win the Mountain Clan tier legit, we're not gonna let exploiters beat us just because the Leaderboard won't get a 2nd wipe. That'd be silly, yeah, we could always pull the "we ain't won but least we kept it legit" card but that'd be utterly worthless with the exploiters being rewarded laughing their butts off with their 1st rank statue in their dojo.

Sorry this sounds arrogant to all other clans in our tier who try hard, but EGT's 9/10 1st rank world event record speaks for itself.

Whether you'll win or not isn't really a good justification for exploit abuse.  It's bad practice either way.  Feel free to no life the event however you like as long as you do it legit.  Just don't try to justify exploit abuse.

I'm going to revise my stance slightly here in agreement with this. No bans, just barred from having their scores count toward the event. That seems more than reasonable to me, and a fair compromise between the two extremes.

+1.  The only people that bother to abuse exploits are wannabe QA testers, trolls, and people that care about their position on the leaderboards so this is the best approach imo.

Edited by Aggh

Best way just fix "exploits" and let players compete again for "Who has more Energy restores" statue.

Yep, sounds awesome! Anyway Archwing event so poor... No mods variety, No weapons variety or wings.

Most skilled players have same build. Where's challenge?

One exploit has been fixed.

2nd just waits, when DE read the support ticket with its description.

and yet there're many game easter eggs.

Some players even dont know about x5 multiplication score...

Btw, Mountain and Moon clans have another challange. "Who has more active players".

Grineer Informer - Before my time.
Fusion Moa - Before my time.
Fomorian Sabotage - To noob to care.
Arid Fear - To casual to care.
Survival - Trinty exploit blessing restored oxygen.
Gradivus - No exploit I know of besdides maybe a lot of afk players leaching of of public runs.
Cicero Crisis - changed the rules so many times I don't even remember anymore.
Tethra's Doom - No Exploit that I know of.
Specters of Liberty - No Exploit that I know of.
Breeding Grounds - During 1/3 of the event you could glitch nyx and run around in an infinite absorb bubble. Later after the enemy level raised past 9999 enemy's quit spawning, this was later fixed by setting a max cap, however many players got a free ride by having there score boosted by 3 players with very high  scores in a mission with 1 lvl 0 score to reach over the max cap in just 3 or so runs.
Cryotic Front - No Exploit that I know of.
Gate Crash - Due to shotgun projectile drop off players retained the ability to damage enemy's long after they should have. After this was fixed you simply had to get some one with a min score to kill the enemy's and die so there score would not go up but you continue to get pushed.
Mutalist Incursions - Lag prevents low to mid range Pc's from achieving over 1 hour 30 mins on average.
Eyes of Blight - Before reset lag extends timer on core.

Exploits have been apart of events for a very long time. In fact many holders of these trophys used exploits in the past and the vast majority of the player base will never know.

Edit:Also I believe it was around the time of breeding grounds where adding members during an event would not be added to your score. In an effort to prevent payers from creating alt accounts to raise the average of the clan.

Edited by --Skitz0--

Hm, very interesting. I mean, very interesting to read this thread.

Event of no interest, as always DE screwed and can't do everything at once, correct start too late, spoiling all the nerves and mood.
Thank you - but no, I don't need this game, I don't need such developers. All good holidays, see you next year.

Judicators Deadly Squad
Merry-Christmas-Animated-Movies-2014-Fre
Edited by Turbo5lut

There are no secrets, mate. We will tell the strategy after the event.

Moreover, if DE asks us now, we will make detailed instruction and send them, cause we are Beta-Testers ;)

By the way, we've already send a ticket with EE.log to support where we were using our strategy. Moreover, earlier we've send a ticket with the real exploit (before the first leaderboard reset)

Thanks for paying attention to Community. Enjoy and have fun )

Best Regards,

~10no~

Tell me, if there aren't any secrets, why haven't you published details on your current methods right now? If you really are as good as you seem to think you are, a level playing field won't remove you from first place. Why not make your "strategy" available to everyone who feels the need to use it in order to win? If you truly want to force the issue, having half of those participating in the event duplicating your methods would definitely help. 

I personally have no desire to utilize your tactics, as I imagine they are severely underhanded and the thought of my being so inept at this game that such things are required to win leaves a bad taste in my mouth; I imagine there are others who do not have such reservations. 

yin and yang

As I stated before, there are not a lot of options when it comes to events, exploit or not we own our tier regardless because we fully commit, always have and always will - but I'm starting to repeat myself here.

On a side note: we're looking forward to the next Leaderboard wipe, already saving up our resources since it's pointless to go all out right now. The Leaderboard (http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/eyesOfBlight.phpsays it all doesn't it? Nothing's been fixed, yet, even though reports have been on DE's desks way before the event started. Until fixes roll out it's waiting game.

That's all well and good, but I hope you realize that you're just putting yourself in the same boat as everyone else who is inflating their scores in this manner. Why you do it is irrelevant; the fact remains that, by your own words, you are increasing your scores by utilizing an exploit. The "everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I argument" is completely asinine. You shouldn't be doing it because it's underhanded and wrong. 

Tell me, if there aren't any secrets, why haven't you published details on your current methods right now? If you really are as good as you seem to think you are, a level playing field won't remove you from first place. Why not make your "strategy" available to everyone who feels the need to use it in order to win? If you truly want to force the issue, having half of those participating in the event duplicating your methods would definitely help. 

Real challenge is not skill-based only, you know.

So, if you want the strategy now, try to be as sharp as a needle and don't wait anybody to use their brains for you...

Or wait untill the end of event and you will get complete information ;)

P.S. The only thing a can tell you now, mate, is: Nor external programs, nor low fps, nor migrations or other abnormal methods were used.

Edited by -10no-Nameless

A -10no- Round in Numbers...

900.000.000 / 5 (dmg Multiplier) 

=

180.000.000 / 30 (seconds)

=

6.000.000 / 4 (Players)

=

1.500.000 dmg/sec had each Player in there best round (not included the time which they need to destroy the 16Nodes for the 5x dmg multiplier)

And now start thinking how about they managed the dmg/sec and you have the answer of the biggest question in the Warframe Universe.

...btw if you find the answer pls tell me i´m very curious ;-)

And now start thinking how about they managed the dmg/sec and you have the answer of the biggest question in the Warframe Universe.

...btw if you find the answer pls tell me i´m very curious ;-)

I thought they were just macro spamming Elytron's Thumper ability and energy restores starting from about 30 seconds before they disrupt the core.

Is there more to it?

One: theres no way to prove with just that pic it was done after 15.8.1

One and a half: why is so much cropped out of the screen?

Two: I hope your barred from competing until a review is done of your supposed scores.

To you, and every other QQer here

535zHKH.jpg?1

Well the exploit/glitch of lagging the host computer to the point where the timer gets slowed down was fixed but their strategy of spamming an archwing ability and energy restores should still work, they just won't be able to get the increased amount that was due to the exploit-glitch.