Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe Concept: The Dragon [2.0] — Final Update 2/09/2015

Endrian

While the Tenno slept in cryostasis ...

... they waited.

As the Grineer empire grew unchecked ...

... they hardened their bodies.

As the Corpus cult harvested Orokin settlements ...

... they sharpened their minds.

As the Infestation spread to every corner of the Sol system ...

... they honed their blades.

When the enemies of the Tenno finally tracked down the Lotus ...

... they found Dragons.

k3Piucr.png

YES YES YES WHY NOT DE STOP BEING STUBBORN AND GIVE IN

Personally, I like the idea. A second fire based frame wouldn't be a bad thing.

Though there is one big issue with the ability set that you have named out... Power creep.

- First, cut the wings. I know its sad, but Zephyr is our bird. She doesn't have wings either, nor does she need them. Let her have the sky.

- Second, his abilities need to change. They are simply OP and I can already hear Rhino and Valkyr shout at this thread. Especially Valkyr...

Here are my suggestions for abilities that are unique to him and make him stand out more without directly stealing from others.

Ability #1 - Leap

We have enough straight-line-charges as it is, we dont need another.

Instead, I would suggest Leap. It makes him hop forward a fixed distance based on ability level and land with an eruption of fire around him, knocking all enemies over along with moderate damage and 50% chance of them bursting into flames. Range and power of the eruption can be modded, as well as the jump distance slightly.

Ability #2 - Challenge

That Berserk ability needs to go. That role is for Valkyr.

No changes to the ability itself that you listed other than it is needed for his 3rd ability, and that he will be engulfed in flames.

Ability #3 - Last Word

For the duration of Challenge, 25% of the damage he takes will be added to a damage pool, and the more that pool increases, the more intensely the flames around him will burn. If Challenge wears off on its own, nothing happens. However, if he ends his Challenge himself with a Last Word, he releases all the damage that had been stored up in a wave of fire that expands through the battlefield (like one of Ruk's attacks). The damage and area Last Word covers depends on how strong the flames are on him.

Ability #4 - Hell's Gate

Kneels down and presses his hands against the ground, channeling heat into the ground. The area around that point will start to heat up and eventually will erupt, sending all enemies in the area flying while dealing heavy damage as well as setting all enemies on fire who got caught in the explosion. After the eruption, the affected area will stay overheated for a short time, and all enemies who walk into the area will take light fire damage.

This ability is toggled, which means that the longer he stays in place channeling energy, the stronger the detonation and the more intense longer lasting overheat is caused.

But those are just my thoughts.

Edited by maikkeli31

1)That's why I ask to make Winged Lancer an ability which trajectory could be "bent" (right/left or even up/down)

2)Hell's gate feels like mix of Rhino's stomp and one of Nyx's abilities ( i'm not sure which one if it was Nyx's at all...) with added Heat proc...

And Dragon is PLASMA(magnetic+heat if I remember correctly), not fire.

Somehow it's hard for me to picture a dragon without wings... Leave him energy wings if You hate physical ones so much...

Edited by Drejzer

2)Hell's gate feels like mix of Rhino's stomp and one of Nyx's abilities ( i'm not sure which one if it was Nyx's at all...) with added Heat proc..

False. He doesn't immobilize enemies like Rhino does or absorb damage like Nyx.

And Dragon is PLASMA(magnetic+heat if I remember correctly), not fire.

As far as I know, there is no souch thing as Plasma element in the game.

Thus, its Fire until triple combination elements are officially announced.

Somehow it's hard for me to picture a dragon without wings...

Here you go. It certainly is a thing, except they are not called dragons. They are either drakes or wyrms, or simply dragonkin.

Fire-Drake.jpg

Edit:

Better name suggestion for the frame - Wyvern

Edited by maikkeli31

False. He doesn't immobilize enemies like Rhino does or absorb damage like Nyx.

Sorry I misunderstood.

As far as I know, there is no souch thing as Plasma element in the game.

Thus, its Fire until triple combination elements are officially announced.

There is no Antimatter also... nor Water... I meant Plasma as a theme.

Here you go. It certainly is a thing, except they are not called dragons. They are either drakes or wyrms, or simply dragonkin.

Fire-Drake.jpg

Edit:

Better name suggestion for the frame - Wyvern

Err... Yeah, but you said yourself they are not called dragons. and since they aren't called such, my point is still (kind of) valid.

There is a Wyvern concept And it would be pointless to call dragon frame a Wyvern, would it not?

Edit: fixed minor mistypes

Edited by Drejzer

There in no Antimatter also... nor Water... I meant Plasma as a theme.

True, though there is no Air either, zephyr's  tail wind seems to make slash procs occur, and naturally her tornados are magnetic for whatever reason until altered with guns.

Even though he might be plasma themed, all damage will most likely be counted as heat.

Err... Yeah, but you said yourself they are not called dragons. and since they aren't called such, my point is still (kind of) valid.

tumblr_mdnz82rhou1rjkvo2o3_250.png

There is a Wyvern concept And it would be pointless to call dragon frame a Wyvern, would it not?

Meh. Personally I think Dragon just doesnt fit because there's already Dragon Nikana and Dragon Keys. I dont think they are related to each other in any way so unless you have a better idea, I would just leave him nameless for now.

People tend to make misleading and/or downright false connections and assumptions from similar names, you know.

So do I.

Draco or Drake would be quite appropriate since it holds same/similar meaning to "dragon" and would not lead to misunderstandings...

But, as I stated before - it's all up to Endrian.

Edited by Drejzer