Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would Inspire You To Fight Harder For This Event?

Llyssa

Not having to craft a disruptor for every attack I do. Seriously. It's annoying.

I don't understand why people hate them it shouldn't be reusable, plus run excavation, knock out 2 birds with one stone. Bring nekros and you will get cryotic and isotopes in one run. Bonus points if you select a good pigment to farm

I don't understand why people hate them it shouldn't be reusable, plus run excavation, knock out 2 birds with one stone. Bring nekros and you will get cryotic and isotopes in one run. Bonus points if you select a good pigment to farm

I'm tired of keys or key-like items. They're locking the event behind a key. It's essentially an easier to get void key that offers a reward for doing it once. I have no problem with getting any of these resources, in fact, I have a giant surplus of all of them. It's still annoying to craft keys one by one to do a mission that offers no reward for that and others might even have to grind for the resources.

If I wouldn't have to craft thousands of keys I'd hammer the Fomorians a lot more.

Now, see, the "brutal retalliation" thing is, to me, utter BS. I mean, for some players? Sure. They gathered in the relay to wait for the end and laughed.

I spent 4 hours desperately attacking that stupid fomorian with everything I had. I also did 4 runs last night. So I'm near total 20 runs against that(pricey!) and to no avail.

I can accept if there's harsh issues for those that did nothing, or those who did little, but for those that were pouring their all into it, no.

From the perspective of creating content for vids and doing livestreams I can say this. A lot of the community, including youtube content creators, enjoy the position of being snarky, sarcastic, and simply just looking down at everything that DE does in Warframe, but then try to cover that by saying "But I love this game so I can talk S#&$ about it". It's a popular opinion backed by numbers, views.

I give DE a fair balance of kudos and I call them out when I need to. There's some voice of the WF community that enjoys being cynical and negative, and there's other parts of it that are positive as well as critical.

I don't need anything to make me run these events. I'm doing this one for the Lore, not the Loot.

But for others, I can see why they've become jaded, for whatever reason, as to why they should run an event purely for Lore. They've been screaming for more Lore for a very long time, and instead have gotten new content after new content pushed out to them on a weekly basis.

When you train Tenno to fight for Loot instead of Lore, you get mercs.

There's still some of us that run for the Lore, because we're geeks maybe(?) that enjoy that RPG element, I dunno. That's just me probably.

But I will say, DE has done good with this event.

People are riled up and are taking sides, showing some energy for or against a game mode that I'm sure DE has been lacking quantities of feedback on since a lot of people don't play it.

Now they have a flood of data from us players. Hopefully they'll make a better Wings mode for us. 

What would inspire me:

-Credits.  That reward for 1 million is reached in one mission, and is not repeatable.  The general reward for completion is way to low

-Variety.  Running the same exact sabotage mission over and over again is dull.  I never liked sabotage, captures, and rescues for this reason- its the same thing on repeat.  There is little to no threat of failure, its just mindless running.

-New toys to try out- its no secret that arch wing related gear is a pain to get a hold of.  If weapons were easier to craft and I could build my character the way I've been trying to for the last 3 weeks(but RNGesus forbid I get something that isn't velocitus related) I would probably be enjoying myself a bit more.

-A reason to care about the relays- there are none.  We need one for the void trader to come to, and we already saved 2.  Why do we need so many?

Credits based on performance: Obviously I wouldn't expect to receive 50-100k every single time you run the mission and earn 1 million points, but even so, it would be nice if you got a decent credit bonus based on how much damage you did to the core instead of the usual 1-3k that you could get from farming any other, less aggravating mission.

Archwing Stuff: God knows I can't get my hands on any of the actually useful Archwing mods from playing the normal missions, which is really annoying considering they throw the epitome of Dagryn armadas at you during these missions. Getting some free Archwing mods (besides Extended Magazine and Parallax Scope), as well as the occasional weapon/wing parts or even a handful of that Tellurium would be a nice reward to help us progress as we run these missions.

Honestly...?

Nothing.

Nothing the game is about currently.

At this point I'd rather enjoy joining the Grineer forces and bringing some more havoc on the solar system, bringing down some more of the relays, because that sounds like a 100 times more fun than keeping the "status quo" or the other repetitive stuff I've done once too often.

Apart from personal stuff I've to deal with lately, I'm also realizing that I'm basically done with Warframe in general. I basically got everything that was available before U15 and the additional grind as well as Events/Tactical Alerts ever since U15 just don't motivate me enough to go on anymore. The game just lost its appeal to me along the road because of how it slowly gravitated away from what I originally liked about it.

I originally started the game past year to cure myself of the horrible grind madness that was Diablo 3 and because I'm also a huge fan of the Unreal/Quake franchises so I could be lured in with the fast paced space-ninja gameplay. I liked how I could drop in for a few missions and then forget a week or two about the game without missing anything important.

But I guess the grind and greed mechanics of Warframe eventually started to overshadow the other gameplay and I've grown tired of it, like was the case with D3 before that. Now the game more feels like a job to me and I can't really enjoy it anymore, because it's getting harder and harder to keep up and stay up to date and I don't feel like putting as much time and effort into it as I used to over the course of the past 1.5 years.

Also the so called "immersion"-transition of the last 2 major updates starts to p*ss me off because of how everything takes now 10 times longer to complete, especially in the menus. Also the multitude of Warframe/Weapon/Mod combinations is also taking too much thought effort already, so I waste more time on configurating stuff than I'm actually playing the one or two stupid missions I wanted to play.

The "drop in - drop out"-feeling just vanished and this drives me away.

Momentarely I'm cured of Warframe because of how repetitive and boring it has become both in gameplay and development and how forseeable it has become that nothing will change about that because if it would ever change than they would have done so already.

Edited by MeduSalem

But for others, I can see why they've become jaded, for whatever reason, as to why they should run an event purely for Lore. They've been screaming for more Lore for a very long time, and instead have gotten new content after new content pushed out to them on a weekly basis.

It's not being jaded. They choose to not run the event because 

a) They don't want to deal with Archwing. People did not come here for Archwing gameplay, they should not need to do it to earn lore or avoid punishments.

b) Avoiding a punishment is different than expecting a reward. No rewards, but no consequences, would have gotten a better turn out. When people feel forced in to something, is when they rebel against it the most. 

c) This isn't Lore, we know Hek, he's a pompous wind machine, he hates us and loves dreaming of a Lotus hurtling in to the sun. We've been hearing about his formorians for a year. They are already Lore, well documented and understood, they're nothing new, nothing added. 

d) The destruction/not destruction of Relays IS lore, but it's free lore, they don't have to do anything to make that lore because it becomes it either way. Thus no participation becomes desired.

e) Probably only a few people think this, but hey drops in a bucket, the effort is futile. We're probably getting three or more formorians against every Relay, not even the supporters of this event are going to be able to continue doing it for that many runs to save every relay three times over. They will be destroyed by the end.

d) Ultimatley everything boils down to not the lack of rewards, but the lack of the feeling of voluntary participation. Rewards make participation easier, Lore makes things easier, but both are lacking here. This is a grind to avoid a slap in the face, nothing more. 

It's not being jaded. They choose to not run the event because 

a) They don't want to deal with Archwing. People did not come here for Archwing gameplay, they should not need to do it to earn lore or avoid punishments.

b) Avoiding a punishment is different than expecting a reward. No rewards, but no consequences, would have gotten a better turn out. When people feel forced in to something, is when they rebel against it the most. 

c) This isn't Lore, we know Hek, he's a pompous wind machine, he hates us and loves dreaming of a Lotus hurtling in to the sun. We've been hearing about his formorians for a year. They are already Lore, well documented and understood, they're nothing new, nothing added. 

d) The destruction/not destruction of Relays IS lore, but it's free lore, they don't have to do anything to make that lore because it becomes it either way. Thus no participation becomes desired.

e) Probably only a few people think this, but hey drops in a bucket, the effort is futile. We're probably getting three or more formorians against every Relay, not even the supporters of this event are going to be able to continue doing it for that many runs to save every relay three times over. They will be destroyed by the end.

d) Ultimatley everything boils down to not the lack of rewards, but the lack of the feeling of voluntary participation. Rewards make participation easier, Lore makes things easier, but both are lacking here. This is a grind to avoid a slap in the face, nothing more. 

I disagree almost entirely.

My point was, when you push players to fight for Loot, they are used to fighting for Loot. So if something comes up that is not Loot related but an actual Lore event, they've said it themselves and you're saying it too, why bother? There's no reward for it, so why bother at all.

The one thing I agree with you on is the part about Archwing, and having to play that even though I personally didn't want to play it either. BUT, I did it for the Lore. Jaded people will pout about things and rationalize why they did something. Others that are playing for fun will either do the event because it's part of Lore now.

The part about the grind, well I mean we are playing Warframe here right? Have you...looked around lately? It's pretty much all grind bub. I'm not excusing it, but I'm not blind to the aspect. I play, I randomize, and I do the things I feel I want to. I'm not burned out because I don't grind. So if an event comes up, which in other MMOs that I've played many of these types of events would come up, that involves repetitive mission runs, I do what I feel I want to.

Avoiding punishment....by DE? Eh. I see it as an aspect of the story. Hek finally is coming home with this Fomorians. Apparently as you said he's a wind bag that is just talkin smack, and yet a relay was destroyed. So, I guess that's no Lore. I guess.

I love how you went to such lengths to dismiss one aspect of what I said, but the jaded part has to do with seeing the community react in such ways to events over and over, that yes, there is definitely a part of the community that is jaded.

It's either a game and you're having fun, or you're whining/complaining etc., being jaded, about not getting what you wanted from something. I'm still having fun so....eh.

The part about the grind, well I mean we are playing Warframe here right? Have you...looked around lately? It's pretty much all grind bub. I'm not excusing it, but I'm not blind to the aspect. I play, I randomize, and I do the things I feel I want to. I'm not burned out because I don't grind. So if an event comes up, which in other MMOs that I've played many of these types of events would come up, that involves repetitive mission runs, I do what I feel I want to.

Avoiding punishment....by DE? Eh. I see it as an aspect of the story. Hek finally is coming home with this Fomorians. Apparently as you said he's a wind bag that is just talkin smack, and yet a relay was destroyed. So, I guess that's no Lore. I guess.

I love how you went to such lengths to dismiss one aspect of what I said, but the jaded part has to do with seeing the community react in such ways to events over and over, that yes, there is definitely a part of the community that is jaded.

It's either a game and you're having fun, or you're whining/complaining etc., being jaded, about not getting what you wanted from something. I'm still having fun so....eh.

As I said, unenjoyable, and worthless grind. Rewards, or Lore would do, nothing at all would be better than what we have, a real world affecting punishment.  

This is not significant lore, and it doesn't really matter whether you think it is or not, only in the minds of those who are not playing. And if they don't find it worthy to play, they probably don't find it lore, they don't grind for it. Avoiding a punishment is worse than no reward, that is why people are against it. Not because it just lacks rewards, numbers would go up if it just had no rewards. But punishing them for not doing something they see nothing positive in for-whatever-reason, is wrong.

Their choice, in their eyes, is "Waste my time in real life, to avoid a slap in the face. Or prevent a slap in the face, but waste my free time."  They see it as being bullied in to playing, and that is why they fight it. Anything else just makes it worse but that is the primary motivator.

Yes, avoiding a punishment directly from DE. The choice is clear, be forced in to it because it is entirely uninviting from their perspective, or do something enjoyable and let the relays be destroyed. That is not a real consequence of the story, the consequences of a story should remain within the story. The choice is something being negatively affected in game, or a negative affect outside of the game, outside is always going to be saved. Real consequences and true aspects of choice and story work like Gradivus. 

And I did admit the destruction of a relay is lore, but again, it's free lore and cheap lore. A relay spared or destroyed is lore, but then that 'lore' is done with. It serves no more weight than to remark, "It was a thing. For about a week.". And Hek is still talking smack, destroying a relay guarded by a lot less people than it was expected to be, is hardly a display of their power. He might as well be shooting fish in a barrel.  

And yes, I am going to go in to great lengths to defend people who have done no wrong and are now being insulted as 'jaded'

I bet they went and did something fun instead of the event they did not find fun, and that makes them jaded?

OH! Such lore! I battled with all my heart and soul and was utterly defeated!

That makes the event so much more... what's the word? Um... it means "@#$@#$#@ sucky in a way that makes me hate the event so much I'm seriously considering not even finishing up the primary task to get the rewards". Lame? Uninteresting? Pathetic? Annoying? Pointless? I'm not sure.

I do not consider "you are 100% irrelevant to the event and may as well not even play it" to be "lore", or, if that is "lore", then "lore" is a thing DE should never EVER do again. Just feed us the cut scene, up the relay and save me a few thousand cryotic. BOOM! LORE!

DE, thanks for standing out as a shooter and making me a game I can love.

DE, thanks for a neat, if not a slightly underwhelming Kubrow.

DE, thanks for the epic guns...frames...everything...really...it's incredible to be a part of such a massive feeling universe and thank you for keeping in touch with us as you progress in the development.

Now, that said, you literally take ALL of that away...strip it right from me, and create a corner of the game that I don't want to play in and don't LIKE with this archwing crap. So now we take the high road and don't participate? Then what...I miss events, story, rewards....Why am I playing this game again?

What would get me more involved in the event? Let me play the game I signed on for>? HOW MANY posts do you see in THIS THREAD alone that mention players that never leveled there archwings...never got one...or don't like the feature at all? You go back and count...be my guest.

How about you give me back the hundreds of hours of work I dumped into my frame and varied armory and make it worth something in archwing. An absolute removal of relevancy because I have a big &#! winged BELT? What a ****ing insult. What kind of simple minded design decision is that?

Lastly, its is COMPLETELY transparent that this ENTIRE crappy flight-sim bit your pulling is the easiest way to recycle game mechanics and re-monetize what already exists. Lemme guess...ya got an Arch-tank coming next right?

"Four man crew for me? ****in insulting."

You tell Vay Hek I want in....let the outposts burn.

E

The mission is way too short for me and its kinda boring. If it wasn't so short having to craft new keys over and over again wouldn't be a chore (the resources aren't rare)

If I were to improve this mission it would be the following:

a) Stealth needs to be a lot more important for the first part of the mission. The fomorian laser needs to be an instant kill if it catches you. I've never been caught by it yet despite flying straight at the turret. I should poop in my suit when I see it charge up.

b) instead of just flying right into the ship and shooting the generator, you have to go through a grineer trench run inside the fomorian, destroying important areas inside the ship, making the final showdown with the generator easier. Shooting glass corridors and having grineer marines get sucked out into vaccuum. Cool stuff like that

c) rewards; 100k credits just isn't cutting it. If it offered that new resource or a small collection of other rare resources (3 orokin cells, 50 oxium, 5 neurodes) I would be much more willing to do the mission

Nothing because all rewards would be archwing related and i don't like archwing.

Pretty much this. Nearly every other game I've played that had similarly gimmicky missions, they usually tied it in to getting something in the main game itself. I was pretty dissapointed when I saw an archwing event, and even moreso for seeing the Imperator Vandal.

Or, as I've seen somewhere earlier in this thread, have a second event running parallel to this, involving "ground forces", where you can infiltrate and sabotage the ships from inside for a non-archwing vandal. That way, people who actually care about archwing can do their event, and people who don't can do theirs, but can still help.

I would love to play the event, but I don't not like having to farm for every single archwing weapon, and so I have archwing gear that would not stand up to high levels. I would just be a liability to my team if I tried this event.

Edited by Eminem2420

Now, see, the "brutal retalliation" thing is, to me, utter BS. I mean, for some players? Sure. They gathered in the relay to wait for the end and laughed.

Hey, I may have been in there for the last 5 minutes, but I threw a ton of Disruptors into saving that Relay.

Just be on something like Pluto or Europa with the Corpus.

"You guys see that Formorian in the sky?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Wanna destroy it or something?"

"Nah, it isn't our problem."

For the Corpus? More like, "We'll get to it after our union mandated lunch break."