Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To Buzlok?

StickyBaseline

Did DE just let it die? or is it forever burrowed in the "to do" list?

There was a mod post about Buzlok feedback that has been up for like.. half a year. But recently it was removed. What happened to it? will there ever be a Buzlok rework? I'd love to like this weapon, same thing with the Kohm when that was released, but Kohm got a rework only a few days after it's release.

Who else wants to like this weapon? It's a shame such a cool weapon is handicapped by a broken gimmick. 

Is it broken? it worked well when I was playing with it.. well it isn't strong but still

he was talking about it's Alternate fire mode, because weapon like Buzlok / Quanta / Mutalist quanta / Paracyst can't aim while shooting primary fire mode, it a pain in the arse without aiming.

he was talking about it's Alternate fire mode, because weapon like Buzlok / Quanta / Mutalist quanta / Paracyst can't aim while shooting primary fire mode, it a pain in the arse without aiming.

No I was talking about the general complaints that the forums has been talking about for half a year, the tracer is too slow, deals no damage and takes 10 shots, it's absurd.

Yeah that's also an ancient problem. I mean the alternative is there in options, why not make it work?

I think I heard it's some bullS#&$ like they are like 100% out of buttons on PS/Xbox, so since they cannot have separate aim/alt fire buttons, DE aren't going to let us do it either.

I think I heard it's some bullS#&$ like they are like 100% out of buttons on PS/Xbox, so since they cannot have separate aim/alt fire buttons, DE aren't going to let us do it either.

That is a lie, there is currently 2 buttons complety unused on ps4 controller, so dont you even dare throw that excuse. Oh wait, i forgot, if something is wrong in pc game, its consoles fault even if said game isnt even on consoles. My bad, i shall bow for thee glorious "masterrace"

That is a lie, there is currently 2 buttons complety unused on ps4 controller, so dont you even dare throw that excuse. Oh wait, i forgot, if something is wrong in pc game, its consoles fault even if said game isnt even on consoles. My bad, i shall bow for thee glorious "masterrace"

Dude, I specifically pointed out that what I was saying was hearsay. Don't get your panties in a twist about some slight to your precious box.

If you completely ignore the tracer, the Buzlok can actually deal a metric s*tton of damage. Aiming is another thing, but damage is certainly not lacking on this beast. Also, if you fit 60% recoil reduction, it is accurate like a laser. You just have to choose between MOAR damage or accuracy.

It kinda sucks that we can't aim it properly downsight, but I do believe that it is currently the highest base damage primary in the game.

You need to consider one thing: The homing properties of the weapon make it immune to the accuracy debuff from Heavy Caliber. However, this also means that you will never ever hit with a tracer again, because the tracer does get affected. So you kinda switch the Buzlok from interesting to beastmode with zero aim and no tracers allowed.

Edited by SnowDrakE

If you completely ignore the tracer, the Buzlok can actually deal a metric s*tton of damage. Aiming is another thing, but damage is certainly not lacking on this beast. Also, if you fit 60% recoil reduction, it is accurate like a laser. You just have to choose between MOAR damage or accuracy.

It kinda sucks that we can't aim it properly downsight, but I do believe that it is currently the highest base damage primary in the game.

You need to consider one thing: The homing properties of the weapon make it immune to the accuracy debuff from Heavy Caliber. However, this also means that you will never ever hit with a tracer again, because the tracer does get affected. So you kinda switch the Buzlok from interesting to beastmode with zero aim and no tracers allowed.

If they made it work with HC it'd be really good. Make the tracer hitscan and 100 accuracy regardless of mods (maybe even make it do damage and cost 5 or less ammo to boot), and then you can tag a dude with it and then fire a swarm of HC missiles downrange.

What the Buzlok needs is an augment mod which changes its behaviour as follows:

-Right-click zooms in as normal, but ordinary shots are fired instead - perhaps with a small decrease in the cone of fire from the existing hipfire cone.

-Hipfired shots instead have a small (5-10 degree?) sight cone in front of them, inside which they will attempt to home in on enemies. Shots fired while ADS do not have this homing behaviour.

Base projectile velocity should be increased to compensate for the fact that hipfired shots will basically not get headshots if the enemy is the same height or above you.

Behaviour with maxed Metal Auger and Shred will be... interesting.

What the Buzlok needs is an augment mod which changes its behaviour as follows:

-Right-click zooms in as normal, but ordinary shots are fired instead - perhaps with a small decrease in the cone of fire from the existing hipfire cone.

-Hipfired shots instead have a small (5-10 degree?) sight cone in front of them, inside which they will attempt to home in on enemies. Shots fired while ADS do not have this homing behaviour.

It doesn't need an Augment mod, it needs to be fixed.

The tracer ammo consumption needs to be removed. Here we have a non-damaging, non-AoE mechanic that costs 10 ammo and is a PITA to use, while the Quanta shoots an explosive dethcube, that does no damage to user, and that damage can be doubled just by shooting it with the beam. So for 11 ammo, you get 450 (or something) base blast damage, while Buzlok gets seeking bullets on one enemy.

That and projectile speed needs a huge (4x at least) buff.

Otherwise, I kind of like your idea just as a normal function for the weapon.

Fair enough. The TAG cannon functionality is interesting, though, and I wouldn't want to see it completely removed. I would say "keep that as the augment mod functionality" (with zero tracer ammo consumption), but augment mods typically tend to be a straight buff...

Edited by DoomFruit

I'm not sure if it really needs a buff. I get out of cover, aim at one heavy, go back behind cover and just shoot around the corner at a 180 degrees angle.

It has a base DPS of ~240 damage, compared to the Boltor Prime's 500.

I'm kind of sure that the reason why it has around half of BP's DPS is because you can lie around a corner and still be able to damage enemies, where with other weapons you have to aim and be out of cover. 

The thing about the Buzlok is that it has the most aurally orgasmic firing sound in the entire game. It screams at you to stand in the open and unload on a horde of enemies. It makes me feel like Rambo.

If I can't ADS with it, the effectiveness doesn't match up with the impression I get from it.

Fair enough. The TAG cannon functionality is interesting, though, and I wouldn't want to see it completely removed. I would say "keep that as the augment mod functionality" (with zero tracer ammo consumption), but augment mods typically tend to be a straight buff...

Never said remove the TAG, just remove the TAG's self-nerfing ammo consumption. The TAG (and the sound FX) are what make the gun baller and interesting. It just needs more tweaking to be 'usable' vs 'a novelty gun' (like a lot of clantech).

I don't want to see the augment system become a "band-aid" system for guns that just need a few numbers changed here and there. I want that damage/damage+status mod I sacrificed for the augment mod to be worth it, rather than making probably-high-tier guns feasible.

Personally I feel that simply making the projectile speed mod available for the Buzlok would solve a lot of it's issues. Tracers fly faster -> easier to tag enemies for homing rounds. Bullets fly faster -> easier to use in dumb fire mode with no tracers out.

That said I still would like if the tracer round didn't use so much ammo, given you're already sacrificing damage and time to use the mechanic it shouldn't eat a big chunk of your magazine too.