Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Are Spawn Killers In Archwing Missions...

dartcraft

Why not do it the same way it's done in normal missions? Enemies ignore you while you're loading.

I have spawned dead in normal missions as well. When there is a excessive loading or connecting to the host you can often hear shots, shields going down, pulse beat from low health etc etc while still in the loading screen.

Merged similar threads - dev is working on this (spawn-in immunity) as recently as today.

I sincerely hope you will apply this logic to the infamous "host migration" issue as well.  That has to be one of the most infurious "bugs" / "feature" in this game.

i feel it's important for Players to be invulnerable (as well as Threat Level 0, or whatever the lowest one is) until after the Loading Screen and Black Screen have dissipated.

do keep in mind that 'loading' is done before you can actually see what's going on in the game. if you can't see what's going on, you should still be invulnerable. otherwise you can still 'spawn' dead. when the other Players in a Match first see a Player and when they themselves can see the Mission are not the same time.

in addition, perhaps Players should also remain invulnerable until they either take a step, shoot, Switch Weapons, cast an Ability, Et Cetera.

perhaps that's the best solution. invulnerable until you do something. that way you can get a safe reprive from what's going on.

this invulnerability wouldn't ignore certain important things such as lack of Oxygen in Survival or Et Cetera however.

i feel it's important for Players to be invulnerable (as well as Threat Level 0, or whatever the lowest one is) until after the Loading Screen and Black Screen have dissipated.

do keep in mind that 'loading' is done before you can actually see what's going on in the game. if you can't see what's going on, you should still be invulnerable. otherwise you can still 'spawn' dead. when the other Players in a Match first see a Player and when they themselves can see the Mission are not the same time.

in addition, perhaps Players should also remain invulnerable until they either take a step, shoot, Switch Weapons, cast an Ability, Et Cetera.

perhaps that's the best solution. invulnerable until you do something. that way you can get a safe reprive from what's going on.

this invulnerability wouldn't ignore certain important things such as lack of Oxygen in Survival or Et Cetera however.

That second part would just make afkers worse i believe immunity until sight is given to you is the best way to go.

That second part would just make afkers worse i believe immunity until sight is given to you is the best way to go.

perhaps.

i'm just preemptively worried about the determination of 'having sight' being incorrect. and trying to find a foolproof solution.

YES. I'd love to believe my thread like a week ago helped with this decision ;) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/373162-there-needs-to-be-a-period-of-invulnerability-when-joining-a-mission/

I'd like to think mine did too :P

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/371565-remove-research-resources-from-archwing-and-maybe-add-spawn-immunity/?view=findpost&p=4106770 Also someone named "PumaPounce" made a reddit topic about it, 254 upvotes.

But jokes aside this has been a problem for a loooooooooong time, the event just made it a lot more noticeable.. I'm glad they are considering doing something about it.

perhaps.

i'm just preemptively worried about the determination of 'having sight' being incorrect. and trying to find a foolproof solution.

near foolproof is this.

No affinity gain during the invulnerability period.

If you'd like to take it a few steps further, anything that drops during that time period, you can't get either. I rather they not do that since those precious energy orbs might help you off to a good start but it'd be more of an AFK protection measure. Even more drastic would be that if they don't end this state up to 30 seconds before the mission ends, they get no completion anyway.

I'd rather just leave it at the no affinity though, that's enough of a punishment for most cases. If someone did want to abuse a mission by afking all the way to the end...well they can do it now if all they want is mission completion. It isn't always malicious, I've gotten stuck in a wall on a regular Archwing mission, I wasn't going to leave over that.

Long story short, no affinity gain until you take action should solve most problems with this without drastic changes in the system, need for timers or determining what "having sight" means.

Edited by NegimaSonic

Even more drastic would be that if they don't end this state up to 30 seconds before the mission ends, they get no completion anyway.

Or another idea, have it end after 30 - 40 seconds.  So you pop into a match, are invulnerable for up to say 30 seconds, or until you do anything, all the while not collecting any in game drops (resources, energy, HP(possible with the health boost aura), or mods).

So you pop into a match, are invulnerable for up to say 30 seconds, or until you do anything, all the while not collecting any in game drops (resources, energy, HP(possible with the health boost aura), or mods).

sounds fine.

if you take longer than 30 seconds to load, there's some bigger issues at hand. ;p

however, you'd be able to pick things up after the phase expires, i'd presume. so that Ammo Drum that dropped in the couple seconds you were loading would still be able to be picked up. just that your idk, Carrier couldn't suck up a roomful of items until you start playing. (if you use Vacuum instead of something more useful to gameplay but that's a different story).

Or another idea, have it end after 30 - 40 seconds.  So you pop into a match, are invulnerable for up to say 30 seconds, or until you do anything, all the while not collecting any in game drops (resources, energy, HP(possible with the health boost aura), or mods).

I'd prefer to avoid a timer since that is the same issue as "having sight", when does the game know you can "see"? When does the game know you truly connected after 30 seconds?

No affinity (or whatever penalty) til movement/action is simpler. You don't move, you won't die but you get nothing either.

Why am I dead at the beginning of the mission? I've just joined and found myself bleeding out, I was already dead. That's why people don't want to play archwing. pXJbQ4Y.jpg

In archwing missions your spawn-in spot is a location where the host of the game was at when you loaded in.

The problem that creates is that in these missions people are just rushing to the objectives, while ..... space sprinting.... you are way faster than the enemy so you end up with a train of enemies behind that happen to end up in the path  where one finally loads in. This has the enemies switch from targeting the person far away to the person closer to them which is the person spawning in. And you are physically in the stage before your comps load up the ui and everything else so you are an actual target in the game. 

This doesnt happen as much in standard missions because the spawning seems to be handled a bit differently and enemies dont group up as much. But there are times when it can happened. I asked a while back for a 3 second invulnerability phase when spawning to stop this, dont know if they read or considered it.

This is the problem that occurs every time you join a squad not from the start of a mission and end up spawning in or near a group of mobs.

They already can attack you while you can do nothing and get murdered.

It can only be solved by giving players 10-15 seconds of immunity to damage and cc while loading.