Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't You Love Dem Afk Players?

SnAAk3

Ahhh... I've been an AFKer a few times as well, I was called so many names when I came back to the game after playing a while and leaving to help my old mother when she called me, specially now that she is sick and needs to be cared for. I just went and Aborted the Mission, such a shame that those were always when I used my Void Key, so none of them got rewards.

It's not like we can know the reason why people AFK all the time, there are leeches but most people think the wrost of others and just say "He is leeching the SOB!!"

Oh your mother is sick or you have other real life issues so sad.

So sad that she didn't teach you common courtesy of using your 5-10 seconds of your life to press T and write "sorry guys AFK real life issues".

A built-in automatic kick to players that are afk more than 3 minutes won't harm, most online based games have this basic feature...or atleast a vote-kick where all the other players must agree that the afk person must be kicked and with a limit on those vote starts so it wont be abused.Trust me I'm an engineer.

It most likely won't happen. 

A vote-kick option definitely ain't happening, if you actually read my post you'd know why.

Ahhh... I've been an AFKer a few times as well, I was called so many names when I came back to the game after playing a while and leaving to help my old mother when she called me, specially now that she is sick and needs to be cared for. I just went and Aborted the Mission, such a shame that those were always when I used my Void Key, so none of them got rewards.

It's not like we can know the reason why people AFK all the time, there are leeches but most people think the wrost of others and just say "He is leeching the SOB!!"

At last. Someone who realises there's such a thing as real life. Disabled people, people with kids, people who need the toilet, people who need to stay hydrated, etc. There's more to life than a damn game. Good of you to help your mother like that.

Report their asses. No mercy to afkers. If there's something they genuinly had to do they should let players know beforehand. Otherwise I'll assume they're just jerks.

Sometimes they can't, for whatever reason. Sometimes real life has more priority than telling a bunch of gamers that they're going AFK.

Edited by I-Like-to-Play-Fair

It most likely won't happen. 

A vote-kick option definitely ain't happening, if you actually read my post you'd know why.

He said to have a timer that tracks how long a player is inactive during a mission, say like 5 minutes or so, THEN a vote kick option would be made available for that inactive player. It's not like you're just giving the other players the immediate right to abuse the vote kick out of the door, the player in question has to actually be afk first.

He said to have a timer that tracks how long a player is inactive during a mission, say like 5 minutes or so, THEN a vote kick option would be made available for that inactive player. It's not like you're just giving the other players the immediate right to abuse the vote kick out of the door, the player in question has to actually be afk first.

I know what he said. I said it probably won't be added (in regards to the afk-timer). 

A kicking option whether it be up to the host, or voted on will be abused. I don't know why people still ask for it. It's been made clear for a very long time now it's not happening.

Report them, and move on. That, or play Solo like I do. 

Edited by Tymerc

I know what he said. I said it probably won't be added (in regards to the afk-timer). 

A kicking option whether it be up to the host, or voted on will be abused. I don't know why people still ask for it. It's been made clear for a very long time now it's not happening.

Report them, and move on. That, or play Solo like I do. 

I don't understand how a vote kick that has to be initialized by an afk timer internally first could be widely abused by the other players in the mission. Could you elaborate?

I don't understand how a vote kick that has to be initialized by an afk timer internally first could be widely abused by the other players in the mission. Could you elaborate?

I'm not saying an internal timer could be abused. Do you even read, or do you just like trying to start something.

I said, numerous times, that an option to kick people whether it be by host or initiated as a vote by other players can and will be abused.

Last reply i'm wasting on you. In fact, blocked. You're something else, Grand Master.

Edit: Lol, I don't even care at this point, honestly. It's not happening, which makes the last laugh mine by forfeit. Ciao.

Edited by Tymerc

I'm not saying an internal timer could be abused. Do you even read, or do you just like trying to start something.

I said, numerous times, that an option to kick people whether it be by host or initiated as a vote by other players can and will be abused.

Last reply i'm wasting on you. In fact, blocked. You're something else, Grand Master.

Dude what is your problem. I asked a simple question, which you apparently didn't understand. I don't even know what to say to this.

Edit: Lol, I don't even care at this point, honestly. It's not happening, which makes the last laugh mine by forfeit. Ciao.

Yes it will be abused against people that are afk for 5 minutes for example.

You can prevent being abused by other players by moving once every 5 minutes, god forbid you have to touch your keyboard every 5 minutes.

Please never ever select a public in your matchmaker stay solo pretty please. That way you can stare at grass on your spawn for few hours.

What I would have done if he didn't move for the first few mins, I would have told others, this guy isn't talking or helping. So lets restart and get a player who will at least participate in the mission.

easiest solution. what i wouldve done...no way i am supporting an afk'er like that.

plus, its easy to tell who's afk, press M and watch the icons

Oh your mother is sick or you have other real life issues so sad.

So sad that she didn't teach you common courtesy of using your 5-10 seconds of your life to press T and write "sorry guys AFK real life issues".

Yeah, she is sick, and you sir, are either troll or you only had a woman spread her legs to put you in the world and not a mother. Why do you ask? Well, when I put the importance of someone who raised, feed and took care of me and right now needs me to be beside her whenenever she needs, to those I just play a game with and have never seen the faces or even heard the voices of, and you say I should do leave HER waiting for me to write something?

At this moment, if I was a lesser man, I would say that I hope you pass through the same situation we are, but I wont do that, I wish you and yours a healthy and fulfilling life.

Good day to you.

They're bothersome, but a kicking feature would be abused. That's why it has not, and probably will never be added.

Well they could implement a time based system (where is they stand AFK for say 5 mins then you can have the ability to kick) but then people would just go AFK with macros.

i would be willing to bet that many of the afk-ers are one of the already-playing people part of the group. for increased gains of parts and all,  it is a no-brainer for multiclient computering and sandboxed apps.  the mercantile class here sees the chance for doubling profits and related opportunities, deceiving in the secret shady silences, tainting the runs and instances  :x

Yeah, she is sick, and you sir, are either troll or you only had a woman spread her legs to put you in the world and not a mother. Why do you ask? Well, when I put the importance of someone who raised, feed and took care of me and right now needs me to be beside her whenenever she needs, to those I just play a game with and have never seen the faces or even heard the voices of, and you say I should do leave HER waiting for me to write something?

At this moment, if I was a lesser man, I would say that I hope you pass through the same situation we are, but I wont do that, I wish you and yours a healthy and fulfilling life.

Good day to you.

STop typing with your feet then. I can type afk while standing up. You make it as if you were on fire on the seat, no you are not you are simply rude to other people period. If you have issues where you cannot play then simply DON'T PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE. Accept the fact you either commit to something or at least have a little bit of decency to use the <5 seconds to write the simple thing. Unless as I said you type with your feet or have corupted bombard in your kitchen one shooting everyone.

Playing Loki or Valkyr is great in such games.

Yeah, unfortunately it shouldn't be the only way to deal with them. This game really needs an auto kick. It so far only does it if the person is dead for, I think its around 5 minutes of inactivity once dead.

Another thing this game really needs is an "avoid player" option. So when you go into matchmaking, you never have to meet those poor sports again. While it doesn't fix the issue of AFK players, it can stop the chances of you having to play with those individuals again. It would also work on those griefers you get occasionally who do things like take the objective in mobile defense and run around the map with it, with intention of activating the console to start the mission, thankfully I don't see them often.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Op... You're such an idiot. If he is there for 7 mins afk don't keep running the mission. End it by leaving or aborting. Don't run it for 40 mins. I cannot believe you went 40 mins with an afk.

And waste a damn hard-to-find key, not so great of a plan and the reason we went 40 is because the other 2 guys were nice guys and we hoped for a 2nd chance for nova chasis.

And waste a damn hard-to-find key, not so great of a plan and the reason we went 40 is because the other 2 guys were nice guys and we hoped for a 2nd chance for nova chasis.

Remember, before 5 min, an abort will let you keep your key.

Keep this in mind. I mean, it doesn't stop them from going afk after 5 min, but y'know.

You guy's know that there is a report Player function it you go to the last Player list you can rightclick and report him. Stop such useless QQ AFK Player posts or just give up the Mission when you Notice that someone is AFK

I doubt it took one or two report to banned the afk player. At most, you got a response from DE saying that your feedback is important and they have acknowledge it. I can tell you no action will be taken unless that guy did this to pissed off a lot of people. Sadly, he will get away with this.