The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Mods Not Worth Rank 10

(PSN)Joshuaalt

If you have not seen Calypso's video on how many R5's it take to get a Rank 9 Primed mod to Rank 10 then this information might be new to you.

It takes 264 R5's to get and Primed mod to go from Unranked to Rank 9 and another 264 R5's to get from R9 to R10 that's not including the 1,663,200 credits to max it out.

You can get 2 Primed mods to Rank 9 or 1 to Rank 10. And when using Warframe builder I noticed that the last 5% was such a small increase to the duration that is is not worth it what so ever. The same thing for Primed Flow it is not enough of an increase to justify spending an additiony 264 R5's on it.

Even if you have enough fusion cores to get it to Rank 10 DON'T. Keep it for future Primed Mods. Calypso say's that it is up to you and it is, but I highly suggest you don't.

The only two that could be even considered a great Primed R10 and worth it is Primed Streamline and (if released) Primed Split Chamber.

But then again, the same could be said about maxing any other 10-rank mod in the game. The extra you get from that last rank might look bleak compared to the sheer amount of resources needed to achieve it, but when it comes to maxing builds, you will eventually get to the point where you're going to need this extra bit of % to get that maximum potential.

I brought the same complaint here, and it was explained to me as something that veterans with too many resources to blow. It makes sense. Plus, acquiring R5s is super easy with the advent of T4 missions, especially since you can syndicate grind for the relevant keys.

I figured it was talked about before and even though it is easy to get R5's I still don't think it is worth it.

Those are the strongest mods in game and I suppose its meant to be a long term / dedication goal to max them. As a long time player I got Primed Continuity maxed and will do so soon for Primed Flow. Both are worth maxing in my opinion - it just takes time. But considering you get T4 Survival keys cheap from syndicates and a single run can yield up to 20+ Rare 5 mods they are not so hard to rank up.

This is more of an issue to me - free rare 5 mod farming is an huge advantage to the Hexis syndicate and pretty much broken and unfair to all other 5 syndicates. To ballance this out we need key stack trading or better solutions, e.g. make rotation C a guaranteed Prime reward again and a a guaranteed rare 5 and b a guaranteed Forma BP or similar.

Bring back the fun to void rewards please. Void runs got more and more unrewarding and disappointing.

Edited by AdFinitum

The same thing is true for all 10 rank mods.

Rank them to 8 if you are a poor plebian. That way you get 80% of the buff for 25% of the cost.

Otherwise bite the bullet and farm for em.

It's something to do.

This, basically.

Although one might wonder what would happen if they released R10+ Primed mods.

This is more of an issue to me - free rare 5 mod farming is an huge advantage to the Hexis syndicate and pretty much broken and unfair to all other 5 syndicates. To ballance this out we need key stack trading I think.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily any sort of unfair advantage or any. I should note I'm Perrin/Loka, so I should probably be agreeing with you, but here in Perrin we get unlimited credit farming with T4cap keys in a similar way. Which just goes to show you that's just another benefit to picking a particular side. Was it intentional? Doubt it, so having it reworked somehow certainly isn't a bad idea by any means. Food for thought.

i think energy efficiency is capped at 75-70%

that is another issue percents are capped currently making them seriously not useful maxed currently.

It's is capped at at 75%, but considering Blind Rage give -55% power efficiency it's be nice to have Primed Streamline any way.

you build those last 2 ranks slowly. 

No one says you have to do it in one shot. If you play long enough, its not that difficult to do. It can even be seen as an investment. I sold a maxed mod to fund all of the WF/weapon slots ill need, with some left over.

Some Stats because we love them.

These are all with Maxed Constitution, Maxed Narrow Minded...#1 is with a Rank 9 Primed Continuity and #2 is with a Maxed Primed Continuity

Loki's Invisibility

#1...33.1sec

#2...33.8sec 

A .7 sec deference, worth 264 R5's?

Ash's Invisibility

#1...22.2sec

#2...22.6sec

A .4 sec deference, worth 264 R5's?

Vauban's Vortex

#1...33.2sec

#2...33.8sec

A .6 sec deference, worth 264 R5's?

Vauban's Bastille

#1...41.5sec

#2...42.3sec

A .8 sec deference, worth 264 R5's?

Frost's Snow Globe

#1...83.1sec

#2...84.6sec

Wow...A 1.5sec deference, worth 264 R5's?

Trinity's Blessing

#1...27.7sec

#2...28.2sec

A .5 sec deference, worth 264 R5's?

Trinity's Link 

#1...33.2sec

#2...33.8sec

A .6 sec deference, worth 264 R5's?

Valkyr's Hysteria

#1...83.1sec

#2...84.6sec

Wow another one that adds 1.5sec, worth 264 R5's?

Do you get my point? I don't think that .4-1.5 seconds of addition time is worth 264 R5's and almost if not a million credits.

Next up Primed Flow.

-snip-

That's all well and good but not all builds supermax duration like that. Think of it this way; with a build you don't want Narrow Minded on you could have a max Continuity and a max Constitution OR you could just have a max Primed Continuity for almost the same duration bonus and save a mod slot. You might do this on Nyx for example. And if you farm T4s enough you might just have those 264 R5s and a million credits laying around collecting dust any way so why not put them to use? These primed mods aren't for newer player looking for the most efficient gains stat wise, they are for older players to sink resources into for min-maxing.

Edited by Hedrax

Primed Flow is a lot easier to show in stats

There are 3 maxed Energy caps

A)150

#1...400energy

#2...425energy

Really is 25 more energy worth 264 R5's?

B)250

#1...600energy

#2...638energy

Is 38 more energy worth 264 R5's?

C)263

#1...700energy

#2...744energy

Is 44 more energy worth 264 R5's?

I just don't think these small increases in Power Duration and Energy is worth an addition 264 R5's.

You can get a Rank 9 Flow and a Rank 9 Continuity for what it takes to get a Rank 10 Primed Flow in which at most gives you 44 more energy or 1.5 seconds of power duration.

I say save the 264 R5's for the next Prime mod that will be released.

But like said before.  Primed Streamline and Primed Split Chamber are the only to mods I think should be maxed out.

That is all I have left to say on the topic.

This is only my opinion and am just trying to save the community time and R5 cores.

Some Stats because we love them.

These are all with Maxed Constitution, Maxed Narrow Minded...#1 is with a Rank 9 Primed Continuity and #2 is with a Maxed Primed Continuity

-snip-

Sure the last rank isn't much of an increase, but it is still an increase.

When you get to MR 15 or so and you have the cores why not?

The biggest plus for having a maxed Primed continuity is on someone where you are running it with fleeting as your only duration mods.

For instance on Banshee, running -5% duration gives me a 28.5 second sonar. Dropping it to rank 9 would leave me with a 27 second sonar. That extra 1.5 seconds is 1-3 more kills on with sonar, which is totally worth

Like most RPGs, it comes down to a game of inches.

If you want the improvement, you'll do what's necessary.

Moreover, at the highest levels of the game, you (the player) will have more than enough resources to rank this stuff up. It might take a while (usually because the cores run out), but what else are you going to do?

It's progression and as long as there is an option to progress, the motivated player will progress.

If you have not seen Calypso's video on how many R5's it take to get a Rank 9 Primed mod to Rank 10 then this information might be new to you.

Calypso say's that it is up to you and it is, but I highly suggest you don't.

I would personally like to thank you and Calypso for letting me decide this by myself.

I would personally like to thank you and Calypso for letting me decide this by myself.

Exactly it's every Tenno makes their own choices, except when the Lotus gets involved. We all have our agency.

I am MR14 and don't have that many R5's lying around actually, luckily I sided with Hexis giving my endless T4 Survival Keys though.

You can get a Rank 9 Flow and a Rank 9 Continuity for what it takes to get a Rank 10 Primed Flow in which at most gives you 44 more energy or 1.5 seconds of power duration.

I don't think Flow is worthwhile, let alone Primed Flow, so I guess that's a pile of cores saved for something else.

While the drain on cores is greater with legendary mods it is the same for all 10 rank mods, as others have said already.  This is why I have Link Shields, Link Health and Link Armour all at 9.  If I get enough cores I'll try to get everything to max but I'm get going to stress over the last few ranks.

Ugh.

"Worth" of something varies from person to person, if its not worth it to you then it doesn't mean it's not worth for anyone else.

These mods are meant to be min/max additions to "endgame", as thing to level up while waiting on new content.

It takes 264 R5's to get and Primed mod to go from Unranked to Rank 9 and another 264 R5's to get from R9 to R10 that's not including the 1,663,200 credits to max it out.

You can get 2 Primed mods to Rank 9 or 1 to Rank 10. And when using Warframe builder I noticed that the last 5% was such a small increase to the duration that is is not worth it what so ever. The same thing for Primed Flow it is not enough of an increase to justify spending an additiony 264 R5's on it.

Even if you have enough fusion cores to get it to Rank 10 DON'T. Keep it for future Primed Mods. Calypso say's that it is up to you and it is, but I highly suggest you don't.

The only two that could be even considered a great Primed R10 and worth it is Primed Streamline and (if released) Primed Split Chamber.

You can also get 4 Primed mods to rank 8 instead of two to rank 9. You're saying that the last 5% is not worth it whatsoever. Then what about the last 10%? Having even ranks on your mods is arguably better than uneven ones, because it doesn't "waste a point" in a polarised slot.

In the end it's a trade-off. How much are you willing to spend for a certain increase in power?

As an added note: A 5% increase/decrease is not always worth the same. Imagine the cap to cost reduction was 95%. Using a mod to reduce the cost from, say, 80% to 75% would essentially give you a "free" 16th cast of a 4 ability. However, with a mod which reduces the cost from 10% to 5% (hitting my made-up cap), you get every 2nd cast for "free".