Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Turns Into Grind

Draconzis

I think I need not to thoroughly explain why I think Warframe turns into a Grindframe (Or Warfarm, as some of you like to call it). Pretty much after you do all the planets, complete all the nodes, perhaps some OD or void missions for fun, then the rest of the game is a grind (besides special alerts/events and the occasional whatnot). Then you are left with grinding and farming. Farming for void parts, resources, or things to trade into plat. Grinding up new weapons/frames you manage to buy slots for to get that mastery.

Does anyone else see a problem with this? The current build seems to rely more on mindless addiction (I use this term loosely) then anything. I see much, much potential from this game, but in it's current direction of grinding and farming (not to mention microtransactions), it might just become decent at best.

Does anyone else see a problem with this?

I defend Warframe as not a grind/farm game all over the boards because I'm assuming people enjoy running around shooting stuff and beating stuff up and playing with builds like I do and "GRIND" comes from lack of variety or long periods without progress despite being mid or low rank with lots to do. Higher ranks make the conversation more complicated, but similar.

If doing any node for any reason is "grinding" to you then you shouldn't be playing the game. No one can argue that the entire game is not a grind if you feel like you're grinding while playing for any reason doing anything, not even me. I'm not trying to be rude and tell you to GTFO or anything, I mean this as a genuine answer. Why waste your time playing a game you don't enjoy? Try an action game like CoD or CS:GO or something.

Edited by VKhaun

-snip-

this basically sums it up. every Video Game is about 'Grinding'. what determines if you find it a 'Grind', is dependent on you finding the gameplay of N game enjoyable. 

if you don't enjoy what a game has to offer, then it's all just a Grind.

admiteddly however, collecting 'Resources' (basically just filling lots of arbitrary bars) feels less interesting than perhaps something a little more unique or creative. i cannot argue against that.

and that should be kept in mind. PayDay shows us that yes, you can have too many progress bars. you can go over the deep end and become Progress Bars: The Game.

while ultimately you need to find the game enjoyable in it's own right to not only see 'Grind', it certainly should be kept in mind that progress bars need to be kept in check somewhat to avoid being too arbitrary and distant.

as Progress Bars are pretty close to Fetch Quests. and i think we all know how much we all love those. (hint if you're not familiar with the term -  everybody hates them)

Edited by taiiat

when i buy plat, who you think will grind it for me ? i do it ... im always in the smile when i read stuff like this ...

as for example, you wanna have bread, do you 3d-print it ? you wanna have cola, you think about and feel the taste ?

your computer for typing here, you get it for free ? or the person which give it to you ? etc ... ))

:-D

Warframe has always been about it man...

The real problem is : we aren't rewarded enough with our SKILL, but more by pure randomness. Hence why Warframe has a bad reputation of being too grindy & why Warframe players always encounter a burnout time.(some people get frames in 3 runs, others do the same exact missions 20...30 times and still look for a part.)

Edited by unknow99

warframe is a grind, wow is a grind, UO is a grind, DA is a grind, the orginal legend of zelda is a grind. you want to know what else is a grind, getting up everyday and going to work. driving to work, eating and the other things that go along with it. complaining about a free to play as being too grindy isnt very useful on the forums. The only thing you can do is find a less grindy game to play if you cant handle it.

I think I need not to thoroughly explain why I think Warframe turns into a Grindframe (Or Warfarm, as some of you like to call it). Pretty much after you do all the planets, complete all the nodes, perhaps some OD or void missions for fun, then the rest of the game is a grind (besides special alerts/events and the occasional whatnot). Then you are left with grinding and farming. Farming for void parts, resources, or things to trade into plat. Grinding up new weapons/frames you manage to buy slots for to get that mastery.

Does anyone else see a problem with this? The current build seems to rely more on mindless addiction (I use this term loosely) then anything. I see much, much potential from this game, but in it's current direction of grinding and farming (not to mention microtransactions), it might just become decent at best.

The funny thing is, the entire game has always been grind. The goal and gameplay didn't really change, you just got bored of it :)

It's only mindlessly addictive if you let it be. Personally I play because I enjoy ninja-ing around and shooting baddies in the face. I don't play solely for this gun or that frame, or to grind that thing. THat's not to say I don't work towards those things while I play, becuase I do, but the rewards don't motivate my playtime. If I get tired of playing I stop, even if I haven't gotten the super shiny loot.

Basically, you shouldn't be motivated by what you get at the end .... but by the journey there. Makes the game much more fun in the long run.

Can't stress enough that this has been a grind since it started.....nothing new there..

The grind doesn't start after you've done everything either,it starts as soon as the intro mission.

The game is also only as mindless as the person playing and only as addictive as you let it be.

I'm quite fond of it. I use weapons I don't normally take. Try frames I've neglected. Sometimes I get ate up, and other times discover something wonderful. My problem is not having enough time to try out all of the things I want to try. Warframe is all about mixing it up for myself. I just hope DE does more to encourage this.