Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #44!

[DE]Rebecca

Question: When are you going to explore more indepth the factions we already have?

For example:

(Short version)

Are we going to see both sides (or 3 depending on content) of each faction? Because we seen they concentrate on one side of how they are fixated one certain things. Like the orokin, technologies, prime, infested. Its like one sided. And you can't tell me the whole civilization believes in one thing without the offshoots. Like the syndicates but for the enemies.

(long version)

[rough idea]

like the grineer: there is vor and his group that is obsessed with the prime technologies and prophecies. what about the other have that dont believe in them or think there power is better than the primes.

or you have the corpus: a while ago there was corpus void keys where did they go? (hypothetically there was a faction within the corpus that believed in the primes stuff) Yet all was have is a group that is only changing tenno power into there own vision.

and you have the infested where they they originally come from there must be a group of people that created them or something. (there probably an answer for this but can't think of it right now) Are the infested that are not hived-minded?

but if you want another group you have the red vail that been talked about.

Another one would be the person that supplied us mysteriously with the excavator and scanner (which is tenno technology), what group does he/she belong to?

and then you have all the rescued people from the grineer and corpus that was save because they were helping us with inside info. that another group.

to me i dont think we need more factions, just more explored.

Here are some handy stats to guide further questioning about Companions - hopefully it can assist in questions reflecting true player choices/preferences instead of guesses. (Thanks to Gavan for graphs)

Time window: December 19, 2014 - January, 7 2015

koV4OAA.png

Wyrm Prime was used more than Shade, Helios, and Dethcube, and ALMOST as much as Carrier. What?! Did I miss something? Was Wyrm Prime calling upon the Gods, and pulling off some unknown new magical ability? I must be missing something if people are ACTUALLY using that sentinel.

But yeah I do have one question... WHERE IS WYRMIUS THE GAME!?

Drop Table Dillution

While the removal of Warframe ability mods was a good move, it seems that it was only done to make room for other mods. Drop table dillution has become a very real issue with the number of completely useless or redundant mods dramatically outweighing the chance of even common fusion cores at this point.

What plans do you have to address this issue?

Make Item Vacuuming standard

Presently, Carrier is the most popular sentinel in the game due to the ability to Vacuum items. That Quality of Life addition has proven to be huge in all forms of terrestrial gameplay and has even saved players from losing items due to terrain glitches.

This should not be a feature that is specific to one sentinel.  It presents a quality of life addition that should be basic to players regardless of their choice in sentinel (should they choose to carry one at all).

Please consider making this a Warframe specific feature to match the way it's setup in Archwing content.

Frost

Months ago, DE_Scott promised in a previous Devstream to look into reverting changes to Avalanche.

I do not see where those changes were reverted and have heard nothing suggesting the issue was addressed or a final decision made at all.

With Saryn and Nova both having abilities that were viewed as glitches and later ratified as acceptable. what plans are there in reverting Frosts Avalanche changes ?

Lastly, Any chance Freeze can be made a channeled ability ?

1) What have you guys been doing to rework/buff existing frames that players no longer use because they're lackluster compared to the newer frames and when can we expect it to release.

2) When will we have the feature to toggle on or off the visual effects of elements on weapons.

Edited by Sueshi

Wyrm Prime was used more than Shade, Helios, and Dethcube, and ALMOST as much as Carrier. What?! Did I miss something? Was Wyrm Prime calling upon the Gods, and pulling off some unknown new magical ability? I must be missing something if people are ACTUALLY using that sentinel.

But yeah I do have one question... WHERE IS WYRMIUS THE GAME!?

It's a really effective offensive sentinel. I use it.

Will there be any exploring only tile set and more interactions with the environment/AIs?

Also is there going to be more written lore? ie: signs like in the relay with the "energy of the void is the lifeblood of the tenno" or have "notes" that can be scanned and then you translate on your own.

Will we get a notepad in game to so that we can write stuff down?

Edit: Will the AIs get an update/ improved actions ( sliding or diving to cover, low hand grenade throw instead of chucking if enemy is next to them like he is behind door with the grineer on the other side but out of harms way), more complex interactions from AI+environment AI+AI (Grineer A punches Grineer B for not leaving his mother out of this, or grineer A throws a mag to Grineer B during a fire fight), more formations (Combat bravo formation).

Will the Grineer get their own version of a grenade instead of using the corpors' nade?

Edited by Dewsitine

1.) About the Archwing:

-Will you be adding in more mission types like Survival or Excavation (where players will be excavating from floating space rocks)?

-Will there be Void and Derelict Archwing keys?

-What about Archwing bosses?

-We could use a support-type Archwing. Any plans for such? What about a speed-type?

2.) Any plans on improving the Kubrow? For example, reducing/removing the cooldown when switching between Kubrows?

3.) Any new and upcoming weapons planned? And will there be another design contest in the near future?

4.) What's the word on the Focus System? 

5.) Any long-term plans for expanding the game's lore and story? And any plans on expanding the Stalker's background?

1. Cat Companions, when? I want to be able to take my cuteferocious cat into combat with me instead of some floating thing or a dog.

HsHSLty.jpg

2. What frame is currently highest on your needs to be nerfed/balanced list?

3. Will log-in rewards ever become 'smarter'? I.E.- Not giving me sentinel XP when I don't have any companions equipped.

In the final Devstream of 2014, you talked about 2015 being the "year of the female villain" and showed us some (incredibly awesome) concept art for a Kela de Thaym rework. While this goal for the villainesses of Warframe can be easily translated through Kela and the Twin Queens both, are there any female Corpous villainous characters in the works?

Also: when talking about the Relays a while back you said each would be different. The needed statue changes aside, is this still a goal - and if so, in what way? Perhaps a "Syndicate Home Turf" idea?

1. Will there be any changes to stamina. All the warframe I've seen other than Valkyr have 8. Rhino shouldn't have the same stamina as Nova.

2. Will Syndicate hit squads ever drop things like pieces of their syndicates weapons or mods?

3. Will we ever get grenades to use. I know warframes were mainly ninjas, but things like Mesa and rocket launchers have changed things.

Edited by (XB1)o SQUEEZY o

Dear DE,

I know my attitude towards you was cynical and sour at times, for such is the nature of Warbros.

Still, we have one common goal. I want this game to be better than it is now. Thus, I have decided to use whatever skills I have to aid you in balancing content.

This is just an overview of my balancing draft for primary and secondary weapons. If you like this, please let me know, I'll attempt to balance melee, frames but also enemies. Almost all of my suggestions are to bring a little more balance to weapons. Here's an overview.

I rebuilt and readjusted my GAMS model for primaries, shotguns and secondary weapons. I ran it for all weapons, missing only burst-fire guns and some oddities. I gathered all the data in two huge Excel files and analyzed it, looking at problem spots.

The problematic spots are some primary weapons (Miter, Ignis, Dera, Multalist Quanta, Flux Rifle, Glaxion, Gorgon, Gorgon Wraith, Supra, Buzlok but also Synapse), snipers and bows in general, shotguns in general and some secondary weapons (Lato pistols, Akstiletto, Twin Gremlin, Rakta Ballistica, Mara Detron, Vasto Prime, Lex Prime, Sicarus Prime, Embolist, Nukor, Spectra, Acrid, Embolist, Hikou Prime, Despair) but also burst-fire weapons (especially Paracyst and Hind).

For all these weapons I made suggestions on how to buff them to bring them into an appropriate DPS tier. For shotguns I created a few new damage drop-off functions to increase their effectiveness in medium range but still limit their potential at longer distances. Snipers were studied as a whole and I suggested very bold buffs to give them a real niche.

Furthermore, while reviewing effectiveness against enemy types, I found that Impact penalty against Flesh is a bit too high, which is why so many Impact-focused weapons are joked about.

Please find attached the full draft will all details, the graphs in PNG form and also screenshots of my Excel files to demonstrate how much data was gathered.

And this bring me to the question:

tl;dr - I studied the problematic areas mathematically. I present you suggestions on how to bring some balance to primary and secondary weapons. Will you consider them?

Link to the full document:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ln4qdkww1uue3nn/WAR000_DRAFT_1.docx?dl=0

A few images, as proof to what I did:

Harmonic mean between sustainable and burst DPS: primary weapons

mv5ekk.png

Harmonic mean between sustainable and burst DPS: secondary weapons

142y6mx.png

Here are some handy stats to guide further questioning about Companions - hopefully it can assist in questions reflecting true player choices/preferences instead of guesses. (Thanks to Gavan for graphs)

Time window: December 19, 2014 - January, 7 2015

ZwtBPE1.png

koV4OAA.png

Rekd.

GG Rebecca.

Some more of those graphs might come in handy for setting the record straight in other areas.

EDIT:

--

I completely forgot to post the GAMS used. Oh well, here's the primary one:

Note that this one does not have 3 Solve statements and execute commands for excel generation.

PARAMETERS D1, D2, D3, D4, CCHA, CDMG, F, MAG, REL, FA;
D1=5.5;
D2=49.5;
D3=0;
D4= D1+D2+D3;
CCHA=0.05;
CDMG=2;
F=10;
MAG=60;
REL=2.4;
FA=1;

BINARY VARIABLES P1, P2, P3;
INTEGER VARIABLES P4;
BINARY VARIABLES P5, P6, P7, P8, P9, P10, P11, P12, P13, P14, P15, P16, P17, P18, P19;

P4.LO=0;
P4.UP=4;

BINARY VARIABLES P4H, P4C, P4E, P4T, P4HC, P4HE, P4HT, P4CE, P4CT, P4ET;
PARAMETERS FH, FC, FE, FT, FHC, FHE, FHT, FCE, FCT, FET, FIM, FPU, FSL;
FH=1;
FC=1;
FE=1;
FT=1;
FHC=1;
FHE=1;
FHT=1;
FCE=1;
FCT=1;
FET=1;
FIM=1;
FPU=1;
FSL=1;

INTEGER VARIABLES SUP4, SUUP4;
SUP4.LO=0;
SUP4.UP=4;
SUUP4.LO=0;
SUUP4.UP=2;

VARIABLES FAC, MUL, BAS, ELM, PHY, FIR, KCHA, KDMG, KCRIT, RCRIT, MAGS, MAGT, RELT;
VARIABLES SSHOT, CSHOT, RSHOT, SUDPS, BUDPS, RBUDPS, FELM, FPHY, SSHOTF, CSHOTF, RSHOTF, SUDPSF, BUDPSF, RBUDPSF, REALIB;

EQUATIONS E01, E02, E03, E04, E05, E06, E07, E08, E09, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14, E15, E16, E17, E18, E19, E20, E21, E22, E23, E24, E25, E26, E27, E28, E29, E30, E31;
E01.. FAC =E= 1+0.3*P19*FA;
E02.. MUL =E= 1+0.9*P1;
E03.. BAS =E= 1+ 1.65*P2 + 1.65*P3 - 0.15*P8;
E04.. ELM =E= 1+ 0.9*P4 + 0.6*P15;
E05.. PHY =E= ((D1/D4)*1.2*P5 + (D2/D4)*1.2*P6 + (D3/D4)*1.2*P7);
E06.. FIR =E= F * (1 + 0.9*P8 + 0.6*P9 + 0.3*P10 - 0.36*P12);
E07.. KCHA =E= CCHA * (1 + 1.5*P11 + 0.48*P12);
E08.. KDMG =E= CDMG * (1 + 1.2*P13 + 0.6*P14);
E09.. KCRIT =E= (1-KCHA) + KCHA*KDMG;
E10.. RCRIT =E= 2*(KCHA-1)*KDMG + (2-KCHA)*KDMG;
E11.. MAGS =E= MAG * (1 + 0.2*P15 + 0.3*P16 +0.66*P17);
E12.. MAGT =E= MAG / FIR;
E13.. RELT =E= REL / (1 + 0.3*P18 - 0.33*P17);
E14.. SSHOT =E= CSHOT * REALIB;
E15.. CSHOT =E= MUL * D4 * FAC * BAS * (ELM + PHY) * KCRIT;
E16.. RSHOT =E= MUL * D4 * FAC * BAS * (ELM + PHY) * RCRIT;
E17.. SUDPS =E= SSHOT * FIR;
E18.. BUDPS =E= CSHOT * FIR;
E19.. RBUDPS =E= RSHOT * FIR;
E20.. FELM =E= 1 + 0.9*P4H*FH +0.9*P4C*FC +0.9*P4E*FE +0.9*P4T*FT +1.8*P4HC*FHC +1.8*P4HE*FHE +1.8*P4HT*FHT +1.8*P4CE*FCE +1.8*P4CT*FCT +1.8*P4ET*FET;
E21.. FPHY =E= ((D1/D4)*1.2*P5*FIM + (D2/D4)*1.2*P6*FPU + (D3/D4)*1.2*P7*FSL);
E22.. SSHOTF =E= CSHOTF * REALIB;
E23.. CSHOTF =E= MUL * D4 * FAC * BAS * (FELM + FPHY) * KCRIT;
E24.. RSHOTF =E= MUL * D4 * FAC * BAS * (FELM + FPHY) * RCRIT;
E25.. SUDPSF =E= SSHOTF * FIR;
E26.. BUDPSF =E= CSHOTF * FIR;
E27.. RBUDPSF =E= RSHOTF * FIR;
E28.. 8 =E= P1+P2+P3+P4+P5+P6+P7+P8+P9+P10+P11+P12+P13+P14+P15+P16+P17+P18+P19+SUP4+SUUP4*2;
E29.. REALIB =E= MAGT / (RELT + MAGT);
E30.. SUP4 =E= P4H+P4C+P4E+P4T;
E31.. SUUP4 =E= P4HC+P4HE+P4HT+P4CE+P4CT+P4ET;

EQUATIONS XS, FL1;
XS.. 4 =G= SUP4 + 2*SUUP4;
FL1.. 1 =G= P8 + P9 + P10;

FIR.l=1;
RELT.l=1;

PARAMETERS BOMBA, LANCE, TECH, CREW, MOA, INFES, UNMOD;
BOMBA= (D1*(1+0.75)+D2*(1.15+1)+D3*(0.5+1.25))/(2*D4);
LANCE= (D1*(1+0.75)+D2*(1.5+1)+D3*(0.85+1.25))/(2*D4);
TECH=  (D1*(1.15+0.75)+D2*(0.5+1)+D3*(1+1.25))/(2*D4);
CREW=  (D1*(1.5+0.75)+D2*(0.85+1)+D3*(1+1.25))/(2*D4);
MOA=   (D1*(1+1.5)+D2*(1.25+0.85)+D3*(0.75+1))/(2*D4);
INFES= (D1*(1+1)+D2*(1+1)+D3*(1.15+1.25))/(2*D4);
UNMOD= D4 * F * ((1-CCHA) + CCHA*CDMG);

MODEL D /all/;
SOLVE D MAXIMIZING BUDPS USING MINLP;

Edited by Chorba

I found a collection of videos I recorded from around May of 2013, and what I found more than anything, was that when I died, it was because I was a noob. I screwed up, and I died. Now with the addition of higher powered units, it feels like surviving is a crapshoot. You can be playing flawlessly and then a nullifier drops down on top of you from a balcony and mows you down before you can think, and there's nothing you can do about it. I love the new enemies, and I even love enemies that nerf you, but you should have a fighting chance, no matter the situation, and in a lot of cases there's simply nothing you can do.

What I'm suggesting here is a balance pass. Nerf some things, and buff others. I love nullifiers bubbles, but I think giving them lankas a little cheap. I love bombards but I don't love that they can hit me from the next room after they've been dead for 10 seconds. These are just a few examples to get the ball rolling, because I think this is a topic that needs some looking over. Even things like putting a UI warning up for Grenades and rockets could do the trick. I think a lot of it can be done with outside-the-box solutions that don't nerf enemies, they just give you a fighting chance.

I also think that limbo is a step in the right direction for this sort of thing. When you over extend yourself and lose control, you die pretty much instantly. If you are meticulous you can do ungodly damage while not taking any yourself.

Edited by Coatduck

Dear DE,

<a bunch of good stuff that DE should read>

I've talked about tormenting Scott's dreams with info but this is the good stuff. There's a guy doing good, organized and well thought out work for free, because he apparently likes this game that much(seriously how)

This is the post everyone should be PMing Steve and Scott repeatedly.

1) With the T4 keys getting removed from the syndicate rewards, can we expect more things to be added as compensation?

2) How is the integration of archwing and on ship missions coming along?

3) What is the next thing you are looking at that will be nerfed/buffed? (warframes, weapons, sentinels, etc.)

(Feel free to paraphrase or shorten questions)

Warframe refuses proper progression at every turn. The game lumps players and their expected knowledge too closely together. Core paths of player progression and evolution are neglected. It's readily apparent on the PS4. Enemies don't evolve. Warframes don't evolve. The stakes rarely rise. The game itself very rarely knows when to ask more or less of players. In an effort to make every part of the game engaging for every manner of player, warframe itself assails the reasons for becoming stronger within the game. How does the DEV team plan to achieve core progression within warframe? How does the DEV team plan to improve the gameplay knowledge of PS4 players within the warframe?

Will the mastery system ever reflect game advancement, longevity of play, or skill-strength proficiency?

Will enemies ever evolve with level? Rather than base stat increases alone, shouldn't enemies gain new weapon types, gear, abilities, and higher skill-demands?

Will parry and channeling ever become universally viable systems? How does the DEV team plan to complete these systems?

Short and/or light melee weapons would benefit greatly from step-in, what is the DEV team's view on this mechanic?

Assorted Topics for the DEV team to speak on below. Questions may be assumed.

1. Restrict the trade of ranked mods and prime parts using the mastery system

2. Increase switch to melee speed & switch weapon speed

3. Nekros

4. Progression

5. Warframe Evolution

6. Enemy Evolution instead of endless scaling

7. Parry system needs work

8. Archwing

9. Awkward combos and too few combos

10. Damage 2.0 Balancing

11. Useless mods

12. Dark Sectors riddled with glitches, unbalance, and lacks incentives

13. Shotguns

14. Ammo Eaters

15. Survival Spawn Mechanics

16. Dodge Movement, and Verticality

17. Puzzles and Investigation as a more significant part of warframe

18. Mastery Reform

19. Difficult and Rewarding mission types unlocked through mastery.

20. Larger balancing team

21. Slowly regenerating health

22. Extremely difficult content not centered around making the player weaker

23. Serious bosses

24. Step-in for all melee weapons

25. Power augments that only affect team members changed to also affect the player

26. Assorted comprehensive warframe balancing

27. Better ways to get credits

Edited by Seanjuju